PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Program/System For Battlemap for Play By Post?

Amoren
2015-12-17, 11:09 AM
Hey, trying to kick off an online game for some friends and I, mostly because there's two campaign ideas we've been bouncing between, but only time to run one in person. So I'm giving a shot at trying it out in a play by post format.

Only problem is I want to include a battle map for them and I to use. Does anyone know of a good system or online service that can do this (I know there's roll20 and maptools(?) for real time games, but I'm not sure how well those would do for play by post games). Hex based would be preferred, but if a good system for that can't be found, we'll deal with squares.

Angelmaker
2015-12-19, 06:24 PM
Hey, trying to kick off an online game for some friends and I, mostly because there's two campaign ideas we've been bouncing between, but only time to run one in person. So I'm giving a shot at trying it out in a play by post format.

Only problem is I want to include a battle map for them and I to use. Does anyone know of a good system or online service that can do this (I know there's roll20 and maptools(?) for real time games, but I'm not sure how well those would do for play by post games). Hex based would be preferred, but if a good system for that can't be found, we'll deal with squares.

Why would you NOT be able to use the maps provided by roll twenty? It works realtime just as well as pbp. Poeple can log in, make their move, post a post and that's it. Works just fine.