PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Aberrant Aegis Tentacles

the_archduke
2015-12-17, 12:51 PM
So the Aberrant Aegis can get up to 4 tentacles that grant the grab special ability. On a full attack, can each of these tentacles grapple individually? Could I grapple 4 adjacent enemies with one full attack? Could I grapple the same enemy 4 different times? If I have the constrict special attack (say from the Steel Coils stance) can I constrict all 4 targets in the same round, or the same target 4 times?

I think I can grapple the same target multiple times because the Tear Flesh customization says
"When the aberrant has successfully grabbed a creature with its tentacles, he deals 1d6 damage per attached tentacle when target breaks free"

Mathias1313
2015-12-17, 01:28 PM
So... as far as grappling goes this is how it works.
Yes you can grapple 4 enemies, sort of.
You make your attack vs your enemy, if it hits you get to grapple, if you grapple successfully then you both gain the grapple condition until the beginning of your next turn.
Now you can do this with each of you attacks for the round.
Now here is the thing, to Maintain a grapple it costs a standard action(unless you have the better grappling feats). So you would have to let go of 3 of your enemies and spend your standard on maintaining the 1 grapple... or let go of all of them and re-attack 4 times.
Constrict works on every successful grapple check so yes.
As far as multiple grabs on 1 target, I think yes but you would have to Attack, grapple, constrict, then let go, then repeat.
Also keep in mind the Tear Flesh specifies when the Target break frees... not when you let go. So they only take that damage when they break your grapple.

Hope that helped.

Captain Morgan
2015-12-17, 02:04 PM
Grabbing Style might be worth considering, if you think you're gonna grab multiple enemies at a time.