PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Armorist ranged weapon rules dilema

pilvento
2015-12-17, 02:25 PM
So we as a group are diving into SoP for the first time. Im in charge of the first adventure and one of the players wants to give the armorist a try.

His idea is to go ranged dps and have a firearm as his bounded equipment (we are playing a lvl 5 adventure).

So far so good... but...

Under summon equipmet it says that "ranged weapons come with 50 amunition". Ok, i can see that, you got 50 bullets in your pocket, right?

Well under bound equipment it says that "ranged weapons come with unlimited amunition". Now my friend and player says that RAI the gun has unlimited amunition in it so there is no need at all to reload, ever...

Long story shot that RAI of his means he can full attack with any kind of gun.

I already as a DM said no to that, and he can just retrive unlimited ammo from his pocket.

Sitll, he and I would like to hear your opinion...
Extra points if you get the JoJo stand that matchs this character build

stack
2015-12-17, 02:37 PM
I am quite certain that removing the need to even reload is not intended. There is an ask me anything (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?415365-The-Creator-of-Spheres-of-Power-Here-Ask-Me-Anything) thread for getting answers directly from the author, but I can't imagine a different result.

TheIronGolem
2015-12-17, 02:38 PM
Having unlimited ammo isn't the same as not needing to load that ammo, so you are correct even without resorting to DM Fiat.

That said, firearms in PF aren't nearly as scary as they look on paper, so don't sweat it if he finds another, legal way to attain full-attack-shootiness.

Also, holy crap I am unreasonably excited about the idea of a gun-focused Armorist. To you guys working on the handbooks, is anyone doing a gun-based Archetype?

Mehangel
2015-12-17, 02:59 PM
Having unlimited ammo isn't the same as not needing to load that ammo, so you are correct even without resorting to DM Fiat.

I agree, just because the armorist has an infinite supply of ammunition, it doesn't mean that the ammunition freely reloads itself.

stack
2015-12-17, 09:32 PM
This thread gave me the idea for a cannon-summoning armorist, but I haven't worked out enough details to conclude that it is worth pursuit.

pilvento
2015-12-19, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your answers and here is some extra inspiration for your cannon-summoner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRC1y1xhIkI