PDA

View Full Version : Miko survived!

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-12, 03:54 AM
Technicly she survived the explosion. It was the being ripped in half and bleeding to death while her organs failed that killed her. If the explosion had killed her she would be dead right away but she had time for a dramatic conversation. So unless she took levels in bard it wasnt the explosion that killed her.

Wonder if we'll lose this now shes gone. :miko:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-12, 06:19 AM
Uh, yeah, and if I shot you full of bullets now and you lived for a short time I wouldn't be a murderer because your death can be blamed on your inability to keep your blood in the veins where it belongs? :smallconfused:

nimby
2007-06-12, 06:20 AM

It should get x's. Same with Roy.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 06:31 AM
Ughhh. But what ripped her in half? I think i can propose that explosion did it. She lived shortly after that but it doesn't matter. You could consider that explosion drop her to -9 if you want I think...

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-12, 06:36 AM
I dunno, Soon was being pretty verbose. -8 at the least.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-06-12, 06:38 AM
Uh, yeah, and if I shot you full of bullets now and you lived for a short time I wouldn't be a murderer because your death can be blamed on your inability to keep your blood in the veins where it belongs? :smallconfused:

"It's not guns that kill people! It's just... the bullet... ripping its way through your body!" [/Eddie Izzard] :smalltongue:

Snake-Aes
2007-06-12, 06:40 AM
I'd say it dropped her to 0 and each panel was a turn :p

PiperlyonWiz5
2007-06-12, 06:47 AM
here is what i think is the most logical answer,does everyone remember wher the spirits of the palidins cane out of there bodies? i think that miko's spirit was at an angle so that we couldn't see the X eyes and it was the spirit of miko who was talking to the spirit of soon.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 06:48 AM
I'd say it dropped her to 0 and each panel was a turn :p

When you are 0 you can take move actions :smalltongue:

Clearly being halved means -8 at least. And GM must be wise - when character is cutted in half, he must be sure that help won't come, and stabilization is pretty impossible. Otherwise... you know - cure light wounds = miraculous recovering :smallbiggrin:

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-12, 06:58 AM
here is what i think is the most logical answer,does everyone remember wher the spirits of the palidins cane out of there bodies? i think that miko's spirit was at an angle so that we couldn't see the X eyes and it was the spirit of miko who was talking to the spirit of soon. Erm. No. For a start, why would her spirit be completely opaque and covered in bloody wounds? Hell, if you look carefully you can even see the huge red line where she was cut in half. As far as I know, every time a ghost has appeared in OotS they've been translucent and any wounds that were on them in life are absent in spirit form. I could be wrong on that last point, but if I am I'm fairly sure any counter-examples are the exception rather than the rule.

Also, it's an extraordinarily common entertainment trope for a character to have enough life left in them to deliver one last soliloquy or engage in one last bit of dialogue, regardless of how grievous their wounds are or how long they've apparently been dead. There's no need to have Miko's ghost pop out when you can explain away her ability to cling to consciousness in spite of being torn asunder as dramatic licence.

Roderick_BR
2007-06-12, 07:03 AM
Well, if you take in account that it was, indeed, the explosion that ripped her in half, then, yes, she didn't survive the explosion.
But I see what you meant with the joke anyway.

Heh, reminds me of the movie Signs, when the woman has half of her body squished in a car accident, and manages to talk to her husband before dying.

NeonRonin
2007-06-12, 07:05 AM
Also, it's an extraordinarily common entertainment trope for a character to have enough life left in them to deliver one last soliloquy or engage in one last bit of dialogue, regardless of how grievous their wounds are or how long they've apparently been dead. There's no need to have Miko's ghost pop out when you can explain away her ability to cling to consciousness in spite of being torn asunder as dramatic licence.

Indeed. Elan would be proud.

Baalzebub
2007-06-12, 07:06 AM
Technicly she survived the explosion. It was the being ripped in half and bleeding to death while her organs failed that killed her. If the explosion had killed her she would be dead right away but she had time for a dramatic conversation. So unless she took levels in bard it wasnt the explosion that killed her.

So, her organs killed her? :smallannoyed:

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-06-12, 07:10 AM
So, her organs killed her? :smallannoyed: Of course! The way of the samurai is so entrenched in her very being that when she learned that she would not be redeemed, she was so dishonoured that her very organs themselves failed in an attempt approximate the disembowling part of the hara-kiri/seppuku (I can never remember which is the right one) suicide ritual, thus restoring her honour and allowing her spirit to pass into the Celestial Realm to be with the rest of the Sapphire Guard for all eternity! It all makes sense now!

CDR Grendelwulf
2007-06-12, 07:11 AM
Ughhh. But what ripped her in half? I think i can propose that explosion did it.

The chair. It had to be the chair.
Hack the chair once, shame on you...
Hack the chair twice...

But, wait....where's Mr Scruffy?!?

Ciao,
CDR Grendelwulf

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-12, 09:16 AM
Im so pleased that a joke I made while half asleep has turned into a serious discussion.

Also it was a reference to 'technicly i cast explosive runes on a series of inanimate objects' ' well technicly it was the owlbear that ate you asshat'

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-12, 11:18 AM
Hey, with all the Miko fan-kiddies you never know when someone is being sarcastic and when they are being serious :smallsigh:

Skyserpent
2007-06-12, 11:40 AM
Hey, with all the Miko fan-kiddies you never know when someone is being sarcastic and when they are being serious :smallsigh:

Point made, point picked up, point coated with poison, point stabbing into target's throat.

:smalltongue:

RobbyPants
2007-06-12, 11:43 AM
When you are 0 you can take move actions :smalltongue:

Clearly being halved means -8 at least. And GM must be wise - when character is cutted in half, he must be sure that help won't come, and stabilization is pretty impossible. Otherwise... you know - cure light wounds = miraculous recovering :smallbiggrin:
Kind of.

If the DM describes her as being cut in half, it would take a regeneration spell to actually fix her. Still, if it were described this way, the top half of her could be stabalized...

... although I'm not sure how long she'd live missing half of her intestines and some other equally important organs...

:smalltongue:

PiperlyonWiz5
2007-06-14, 11:00 AM
the thing that killed her was being one,she was flinged probably about lets say 40 feet, which would do who knows how mutch dammage for recoil and for hitting the ground at approx. 100m/h and on top of that she was cut in half!! she was long dead when the comic started!the only reason that she didn't have x eyes at the begining was that soon wanted to keep miko alive long enough for her to make her last remarks! she is now long DEAD!!!!:smallfurious: :smallfurious:

PiperlyonWiz5
2007-06-14, 11:06 AM
the thing that killed her was being one,she was flinged probably about lets say 40 feet, which would do who knows how mutch dammage for recoil and for hitting the ground at approx. 100m/h and on top of that she was cut in half!! she was long dead when the comic started!the only reason that she didn't have x eyes at the begining was that soon wanted to keep miko alive long enough for her to make her last remarks! she is now long DEAD!!!!:smallfurious: :smallfurious:

brian c
2007-06-14, 11:16 AM
Ughhh. But what ripped her in half? I think i can propose that explosion did it. She lived shortly after that but it doesn't matter. You could consider that explosion drop her to -9 if you want I think...

With all that talking at -9 (or -8 or whatever), are we now assuming that Miko took the Diehard feat?