PDA

View Full Version : Cohort for an artifcer

Nosta
2015-12-17, 10:00 PM
so since I plan on taking leader ship for my artificer
and I plan on of course a warforged cohort
my question is what is the best build I could have on a cohort for a range attacking artificer who also has a cross bow homunculus with 8hd and seven levels in rogue

I kinda like a melee cohort to be like a body guard for my pc

Elxir_Breauer
2015-12-18, 09:08 AM
Take your Warforged Cohort into Warforged Juggernaut? Requires Adamantine Body (level 1 feat), Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush and Base Attack Bonus +5; but pretty easy for a Warforged Fighter to qualify for pretty quickly. It also gives d12 Hit Dice and heightened Fortification abilities at certain levels, and it's only a 5 level PrC. 5th level Warforged Fighter, 3rd Level Warforged Juggernaut, maybe work in the Warforged Fighter substitution levels if they seem like a good fit. As an added bonus, you've got the Repair X line of spells as Infusions, and you use them spontaneously, so you should never have to worry too much about your Cohort's HP.

Swaoeaeieu
2015-12-18, 11:46 AM
crusader make good bodyguards.

also nosta, did you get confirmation on homonculi getting rogue levels? it still seems weird to me.
also also, you started a lot of threads about making your artificer, why not make one and put all the questions there? you can even just update it with new questions wherever you get them...

Nosta
2015-12-18, 01:24 PM
crusader make good bodyguards.

also nosta, did you get confirmation on homonculi getting rogue levels? it still seems weird to me.
also also, you started a lot of threads about making your artificer, why not make one and put all the questions there? you can even just update it with new questions wherever you get them...
never though of that. thanks for the idea