PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for ideas for dragon disciple lvl's past 10

CrispyKingPin
2015-12-18, 12:26 AM
So I want to become as dragon as possible with this class, however I feel that the 10 levels just don't do enough to make you feel like the all powerful dragon. So my DM is considering letting me take levels past 10 as long as they are balanced.

I'm a bloodrager lvl 6, and planning on going into dragon disciple next level.

Nifft
2015-12-18, 07:56 AM
This sounds like an edition-specific question, but I the words you use seem to indicate two different editions.

nedz
2015-12-19, 01:08 PM
There are different sub-forums for different editions: it might be an idea to re-post this in the relevant sub-forum, simply because you will get more responses. You can get the mods to move it instead by reporting your original post and asking them.

Esprit15
2015-12-20, 06:48 AM
Increases in size (and the appropriate stat adjustment that goes with it as though enhancing hit dice) would be one good way. You're part dragon. You're higher on the food chain than everyone else.

Advance your spellcasting, or if you aren't a caster, get spell-like abilities that mimic a dragon's. The fact that dragon disciple doesn't advance casting was always bizzar to me, and even if that isn't fixed, you can rectify some of its mistakes.

Breath weapon more often. Progress it a few times a day, and make the capstone the 1d4 rounds that a true dragon gets.

In short, become more draconic than just getting a template. Become the terror that your ancestors were.