PDA

View Full Version : Odd Archer build

Bad Wolf
2015-12-18, 09:18 PM
So I need an Archer build that is immune to cold and heat, and can shoot arrows accurately as far away as possible. I'm using the Nailed to the Sky Epic spell to deploy a whole bunch of them and call down orbital bombardment via Sending/Telepathic Bond/etc whenever I need one in a very silly game I'm playing.

Pluto!
2015-12-19, 12:37 PM
I'm assuming thr jumping-off point is the Mr. Icy Hot framework of Walker in the Waste + DMM Persist grafted with the standard Cleric Archery package of Holy Warrior and Zen Archery. I'd need to dig through the books for details, but I'd imagine progression looks something like:

Important Classes: Cleric 10/Walker in the Wastes 10
(Other less important PrCs sprinkled in to taste)

Important Feats: Heat Endurance, Extend Spell, Point Blank Shot, Zen Archery, Rapid Shot, Persistent Spell, Divine Metamagic, Holy Warrior. Knowledge Devotion and/or Law Devotion if possible.

Important Persists in decreasing importance: Divine Power, Mantle of the Icy Soul, Algid Enhancement, Divine Favor, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Divine Agility

Important Items: Heaps of Nightsticks, a Sweet Bow.

Bad Wolf
2015-12-20, 02:53 AM
What exactly does the Walker in the Waste part do? I have Necklaces of Adaption for the breathing issue, which I see as less expensive than ten levels.

ben-zayb
2015-12-20, 03:22 AM
There are rituals to gain subtypes, that gives LA+1 that I assume you will just buy out. There're also spells that grant Cold and Fire subtypes, but the cold one isn't permanent in duration due to lack of SpC upgrade.

Telonius
2015-12-20, 12:33 PM
Quick and dirty solution: anything with the [Cold] subtype, Swordsage1 for Desert Wind's "Flame's Blessing" stance, 19 ranks of Tumble. You gain Cold immunity from the [Cold] subtype, and Fire immunity from the stance. Note that the stance is Supernatural, so you would need to worry about being dispelled.

Bad Wolf
2015-12-21, 01:07 PM
There are rituals to gain subtypes, that gives LA+1 that I assume you will just buy out. There're also spells that grant Cold and Fire subtypes, but the cold one isn't permanent in duration due to lack of SpC upgrade.

Yeah I remember those Spells, aren't they instantaneous or something? But I'm looking for more of a way to get extremely long ranges with arrows.