PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for evil wizards race?

Ilikednd
2015-12-19, 04:55 PM
I'm DMing for a group of 3 people, and they all are playing wizards. I decided to make it a magic themed dungeon, and I am hammering out all the details right now (it starts tommorow). What race should the main villain be? He is a wizard, specializing in necromancy (the entire thing sounds cheesy and cliche,but they are somewhat new, and have never played this type of campaign before), and I want him to be the opposite of them (they are all playing humans).

Vizzerdrix
2015-12-19, 09:26 PM
Elf witchdoctor looking necromancer, maybe.

Crazy gnome mad scientist type.

Gentleman orc aristocrat caster.

Ursus Spelaeus
2015-12-19, 10:41 PM
Raptoran? Feathers are black, like a raven's? Delivers death from above?

Nifft
2015-12-19, 10:49 PM
- A very strange Kobold who rejects Sorcery, but enjoys traps as much as any Kobold ... thus, magical traps everywhere, and explosive runes etched on various grapple-skeletons for amusement.

- A Lizardfolk who has a swampy, waterlogged cave system, which is great because undead don't mind doing construction underwater. Very nasty water-based ambushes all over the place.

- A wyrmling dragon. Maybe a Half-Fiend Blue or Green Wyrmling, that should have enough Int for wizardry.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-12-19, 10:54 PM
Necropolitan human maybe? Opposite if terms of life.
Or maybe a tiefling?

Troacctid
2015-12-19, 10:55 PM
If you want something exotic, try a Marrutact, a jackal-headed race from Sandstorm. Their racial casting stacks with Wizard levels.

DrMotives
2015-12-19, 11:08 PM
If they're newbies, sticking to core races might not be bad. A goblin necromancer who does the whole made surgeon archetype? Or play off of the Warcraft goblin inventor theme, and make him a Techsmith. All you have to do is not ban conjuration and it's easy to qualify by level 7.