PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A 3.5 Monk with 2 +1 Adamatine Cestes/Cestus of Parrying, AC Stack Question

Rylzt1983
2015-12-19, 06:17 PM
I got a players who wants to get two Cestes/Cestus for his monk. I'm told they can be enchanted like armor market value-wise.

Anywho, I got a player wanting to put Parrying on each fist weapon. I dont think it'll stack and I've been trying to find an answer, but I've been failing. If its been posted already, I apologize.

Parrying I'm looking at comes Magic Item Compendium.

I dont think the AC bonus would stack, because they're receiving an AC bonus from a 'Magic item' for the first Cestus, and you cannot stack multiple AC bonuses from the same source unless untyped if I understand. Feel free to correct me, or even flame me a bit, all good.

Necroticplague
2015-12-19, 06:41 PM
No, it won't stack. They're both insight bonuses, so they don't stack.

Rylzt1983
2015-12-19, 06:46 PM
Thank you! Thats right, insight bonus... is the monk's class ability AC bonus an insight bonus? ... I'll go double check my book... cause if it is, than they'd get no benefit if I understand correctly.

Necroticplague
2015-12-19, 06:47 PM
Thank you! Thats right, insight bonus... if the monk's class ability AC bonus an insight bonus? ... I'll go double check my book... cause if it is, than they'd get no benefit if I understand correctly.

Nope. Monk bonus to AC is untyped. Even if it was, a Parrying weapon would still provide the bonus to saves.

Rylzt1983
2015-12-19, 07:00 PM
Cool, thanks for letting me pick your brain. :D

Telonius
2015-12-20, 12:42 PM
If he wanted to enchant each Cestus differently, that would be kosher; but he'd have to choose which one he was attacking with. Like, one of them being a +1 Flaming Parrying Cestus, and the other being a +1 Shock Parrying Cestus; and he'd pick which one depending on what overcomes resistance. The parrying etc. still wouldn't stack, but there's nothing that says he couldn't wear both of them at the same time.

KillianHawkeye
2015-12-21, 03:42 PM
Just curious, which book/source is the cestus from?

ComaVision
2015-12-21, 03:54 PM
The AC bonuses from Defending and Parrying would stack.

Telonius
2015-12-21, 06:46 PM
Just curious, which book/source is the cestus from?

Pathfinder; link to the SRD here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/cestus).

KillianHawkeye
2015-12-21, 11:19 PM
Pathfinder; link to the SRD here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/cestus).

This thread has "3.5" in the title, not Pathfinder. :smallannoyed: