PDA

View Full Version : Help with pricing of a magic item and another question

AdalKar
2015-12-20, 02:16 PM
Hey there.

Have been away from the forums for quite a while (only reading some threads here and there) and it's possible that I'll be playing in a really high powered campain soon with many homebrew rules and so on. We can use 3.0, 3.5 and PF. Dragon and Dungeon magazines, 3rd party and homebrew can be used after the DM looked it over and approved it. If that's the case I'm going to need quite some help to create my character I think :smallredface:

Either way, to prepare for that and another possible round:

1) What would you say would an item cost that had the possiblity to store beings inside and let their (Su) and possibly (Ex) abilities affect the wearer of the item? Best case a good pricelist to make such an item to store creatures of various sizes (like x gold for small, y gold for medium etc.). Maybe based on the number of abilities... I don't know :smalleek:

1.2) Especially an item to hold a Slaymate (LM) to gain the effect of its aura (not necessarily the ability that I create the aura, but that I benefit from it).

1) Original idea was too overpowered even for this campain. So what would you say does an item cost, that gives the metamagic cost reducing aura of a Slaymate or just the effect of the aura? I realize there are feats that somewhat do that and I read somewhere that items which grant feats go for 10k to 20k, but I think that would be too low?

2) What ways are there to not fail a save on a 1 except Steadfast Determination (I'll likely play an Undead, so that feat won't do me much good I think and it only affects one type of saves)? Would be best if there are feats or items, price or level (even epic would be on the table) don't really matter, but we can't use epic spells.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Rijan_Sai
2015-12-21, 06:35 PM
Can't help with 1, but 2 could be solved by the feat Martial Study, (or a 1 level dip into Swordsage or Warblade,) for the 1st level Diamond Mind maneuver Moment of Perfect Mind, all from the Tome of Battle.

With the feat, you can use it once per encounter; with the class level, it becomes once per refresh.

There may be other methods, but I know them not.

AdalKar
2015-12-22, 01:02 AM
Thanks, that works nicely :smallsmile: Totally forgot about Diamond Mind maneuvers :smallredface:

More suggestions would be welcome, especially for the pricing matter :smallwink:

MisterKaws
2015-12-22, 03:03 AM
For supernatural abilities, the only thing I can think about it is going full Pun-Pun and calling a sarrukh.

For only extraordinary ones, you can shapechange into a protean if you have cl 22, they can turn into the form of any nondeific creature, or turn into a mix of forms with any four extraordinary abilities.

Beheld
2015-12-22, 03:32 AM
You are asking us the cost of an item that could grant you Fire Resistance 5, or could grant you the ability to Wish 1/day with no XP cost, shapechange at will, or anything else in the universe.

The answer is it costs Never GP. It's where such an item is never bought or sold by anyone, and if it exists, it is the most sought after artifact in existence by level 13 PCs.

AdalKar
2015-12-22, 06:23 AM
I get what you mean. How about an item just for the Slaymate aura? I'll edit the first post.
Thanks so far, appreciate the input :smallsmile:

MisterKaws
2015-12-24, 06:04 PM
I get what you mean. How about an item just for the Slaymate aura? I'll edit the first post.
Thanks so far, appreciate the input :smallsmile:

Just do an incantatrix...

AdalKar
2015-12-25, 05:38 PM
Hm. Looks like my only logical choice. Maybe slapping the PrC from the CD enhancement on it ... I just hoped for a possible reduction of MMcost through a stylish item. Well thank you all. That should help me enough for now :)

MisterKaws
2015-12-27, 12:05 AM
Hm. Looks like my only logical choice. Maybe slapping the PrC from the CD enhancement on it ... I just hoped for a possible reduction of MMcost through a stylish item. Well thank you all. That should help me enough for now :)

I just told you the easiest choice, though there are always the metamagic rods, but even if they're THAT efficient, they hurt your wallet too much to be helpful.