PDA

View Full Version : Interesting to note

Kolhammer
2015-12-20, 03:05 PM
It is interesting to note that it is not only the elves and the goblins who have had persons of great note acquire divinity status. I wonder if any humans have acquired that status or if it is even possible for them as they already have divinity that they worship.

I must also admit that I am curious as to what the last vote was for where demigods had to be involved and it took the two days mentioned.

Morquard
2016-01-03, 09:24 AM
The dwarves also worship the Northern Pantheon too. As an example I give you Durkon (temporarily deceased), Cleric of Thor.

So it should be possible for humans too. But humans are so diverse that they probably can't rally behind a single leader and heave him up to godhood.

NerdyKris
2016-01-03, 10:32 AM
Sigrun, Bragi, and Hermod are represented by human clerics and aren't species specific demigods. (Valkyries, poetry, and messengers) Iounn is represented by a halfling, but is also a universal trait. (youth).

There's probably similar ones in the other pantheons. I'm not seeing any sort of reason to think humans and halflings didn't raise up their own demigods like the dwarves and elves did.

Keltest
2016-01-03, 02:45 PM
Sigrun, Bragi, and Hermod are represented by human clerics and aren't species specific demigods. (Valkyries, poetry, and messengers) Iounn is represented by a halfling, but is also a universal trait. (youth).

There's probably similar ones in the other pantheons. I'm not seeing any sort of reason to think humans and halflings didn't raise up their own demigods like the dwarves and elves did.

Im inclined to agree that the humans are unable to unite enough as a species to muster the level of reverence needed to elevate someone to godhood.

NerdyKris
2016-01-03, 07:11 PM
Why? I mean besides the usual fantasy cliché that humans are inferior to dwarves and elves. There's no indication that the three human cleric's demigods weren't human, and bards and travellers are usually things humans do. Like one of the main characters in this strip. If anything, there's heavy indication that there are human demigods, based off the fact that three humans are representing three of the demigods, and no indication otherwise.

Keltest
2016-01-03, 07:18 PM
Why? I mean besides the usual fantasy cliché that humans are inferior to dwarves and elves. There's no indication that the three human cleric's demigods weren't human, and bards and travellers are usually things humans do. Like one of the main characters in this strip. If anything, there's heavy indication that there are human demigods, based off the fact that three humans are representing three of the demigods, and no indication otherwise.

Because of the usual fantasy cliché that humans like to beat the snot out of eachother and are not remotely unified. The OOTS verse is about as cliché a fantasy verse as you can get.

goodpeople25
2016-01-03, 10:33 PM
You mean besides the fact that the demigods in question (well all the demi/gods actually) are based on actual norse deities/mythological figures? that seems to me to be a pretty strong indicator that they aren't ascended mortals. Dvalin being ascended is probably due to him being a regular dwarf in myth, so not being a regular god makes less sense than the others as well as being a good opportunity for having another ascended god (Speaking of Dvalin was slightly suprised to see that OotS is mentioned in his wiki page lol)