PDA

View Full Version : Magic Item Help

FocusWolf413
2015-12-20, 04:12 PM
Everyone in my party just got 9kgp from selling about thirty kilos of cocaine. We have a dedicated crafter, there's no xp cost to craft, and we don't need to add +1 to enchant stuff further.

We're 4th level. I'm a twf ranger. The crafter is picking up Craft Arms and Armor and Craft Wand at 5th. He has Craft Wondrous Item and Scribe Scroll.

I'm thinking of getting Mithral Chain, +1 at 5th. My two kukris will get keen at 5th. I want anklets of transportation. Right there that's 3700.

What should I get? I'm willing to spend a tad over 8000, so 4300 more. What should I get?

Jack_Simth
2015-12-20, 04:53 PM
Everyone in my party just got 9kgp from selling about thirty kilos of cocaine. We have a dedicated crafter, there's no xp cost to craft, and we don't need to add +1 to enchant stuff further.

We're 4th level. I'm a twf ranger. The crafter is picking up Craft Arms and Armor and Craft Wand at 5th. He has Craft Wondrous Item and Scribe Scroll.

I'm thinking of getting Mithral Chain, +1 at 5th. My two kukris will get keen at 5th. I want anklets of transportation. Right there that's 3700.

What should I get? I'm willing to spend a tad over 8000, so 4300 more. What should I get?

Perhaps a +1 Cloak/Vest of resistance (+2 at 6th... although I get the impression that the dedicated crafter is an Artificer, so you might be able to get the +2 now)

FocusWolf413
2015-12-20, 05:16 PM
Perhaps a +1 Cloak/Vest of resistance (+2 at 6th... although I get the impression that the dedicated crafter is an Artificer, so you might be able to get the +2 now)

He's not an Artificer, but that's not far off. He's Grod's Ritualist from his G&G homebrew.

BestUserName
2015-12-20, 05:22 PM
Gauntlets of Orge power or Gloves of Dex could be good. Either can be crafted for 4kgp.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-20, 11:56 PM
Maybe a drow house insignia for Reduce Person.

What are the boots that make me go faster?

Gauntlets of Orge power or Gloves of Dex could be good. Either can be crafted for 4kgp.

This would work without Reduce Person. My max dex to armor would be +6, and I have +5 without magic. Good recommendation, though.