PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Interesting races for Royalty

deathbymanga
2015-12-20, 04:35 PM
So, a group of Pirates have established a blockade around a county and are trying to starve the royal family out economically to coerce the King to marry his Daughter to the Pirate Captain. Because it's been 6 months now, the Pirate Captain, impressed by the strength of the players, has hired them to kidnap the princess and get her to the pirate ship to force the Captain's hand.

What would be a good race to make this royal family?

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-20, 05:26 PM
Mongrelfolk.

Mongrelfolk all the way. I want to see a mongrelfolk princess!

BestUserName
2015-12-20, 05:27 PM
I like the idea of a family of Fire Genasi. Fire royal family would be cool

deathbymanga
2015-12-20, 05:50 PM
Mongrelfolk.

Mongrelfolk all the way. I want to see a mongrelfolk princess!

the way mongrelfolk are born, i highly doubt there'd be enough for a Royal family to be born. especially since Mongrelfolk are like the absolutley opposite of a Pureblooded race.

I like the idea of a family of Fire Genasi. Fire royal family would be cool

Genasi sounds interesting though. would definitely be valid to assume the blood of a Djinn would allow some to support the idea of them being royal

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-20, 05:54 PM
the way mongrelfolk are born, i highly doubt there'd be enough for a Royal family to be born. especially since Mongrelfolk are like the absolutley opposite of a Pureblooded race.

Whoa buddy, let's not start bandying about terms like "Pureblooded Race". Some of us have muggle relatives.

Twurps
2015-12-20, 05:59 PM
Something with a CHA bonus. Mechanical, because the CHA bonus helps with al the important 'leading other people' stuff like diplomacy and leadership. Fluffwise because mechanics usually follow fluff.

(half)Aasimar would fit nicely
Star elf?