PDA

View Full Version : How did he survived that long ?

Sigbru
2007-06-12, 09:17 AM
Really her body is cut in half. HOW could she survive and talk without suffering an unbeareable pain (with i hope she is:smallbiggrin: )
Wich day is today, i will mark as the happiest day of my life :smallbiggrin:
I wonder WHO would raise her

chibibar
2007-06-12, 09:20 AM
Easy... important character is most movies and comic gets "temporary time stop" to spew out last lines or monologue before they die :)

it is a given.

Snake-Aes
2007-06-12, 09:24 AM
Bards do that all the time, ask Elan.

Renloth
2007-06-12, 09:26 AM
Total Shock.

You can push through quite alot if you don't realize that something major has happened to you.

Also, dramatic death scenes are always reserved for important characters, it's the way the world works. :)

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-06-12, 09:40 AM
Plot demanded it. Thats why when Roy face-planted he was dead with no last words. Miko gets the last words because the plot demanded it.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 09:53 AM
Plot demanded it. Thats why when Roy face-planted he was dead with no last words. Miko gets the last words because the plot demanded it.

And beacuse he hit the ground with his head, I would add. Hard to say something beacuse he was dead instantly.

And for Miko speaking I fully agree with Renloth. Soldiers who had lost arms were telling that they weren't felling any pain shortly after this. She didn't die instantly, so she was able to speak.

P.S. With all respect, Sigbru, you post seems awfuly sadistic :smalleek:
I mean I don't like Miko but unbeareable pain?

Still she didn't feel any pain probably - look, it seems that she even doesn't realise whats wrong with her.

Sigbru
2007-06-12, 09:59 AM
And beacuse he hit the ground with his head, I would add. Hard to say something beacuse he was dead instantly.

And for Miko speaking I fully agree with Renloth. Soldiers who had lost arms were telling that they weren't felling any pain shortly after this. She didn't die instantly, so she was able to speak.

P.S. With all respect, Sigbru, you post seems awfuly sadistic :smalleek:
I mean I don't like Miko but unbeareable pain?

Still she didn't feel any pain probably - look, it seems that she even doesn't realise whats wrong with her.

Yeah i read to much black mage in nuklear power
i posted he in the tittle too but oh well
how was she cut in half anyway ? just it just be blow up her legs (i'm so grim)

the mysterian
2007-06-12, 10:04 AM
magical fallen paladin last right powers

Renegade Paladin
2007-06-12, 10:09 AM
Because a positive energy spirit, presumably a sacred watcher, was standing right there. A source of life energy standing basically in the middle of your body (her legs were over thataway, remember) might be able to keep you going for a little bit.

Corsair
2007-06-12, 10:27 AM
For one thing, there was a big explosion that shattered the castle. Shattered pieces of stone tend to be sharp. Those sharp pointy objects cut her in half, you can see a big chunk of stone near her legs. As for how she kept talking, she's Miko. I hate her, but she's a very tough girl. She wasn't exactly verbose in those last few moments anyway.

Cifer
2007-06-12, 10:33 AM
Well, the first thing to remember: Speaking is a free action. You get as many free actions as your DM deems sensible - which seem to be quite a lot in this case.

For how she ended up this way, remember she was the one who destroyed the sapphire, meaning the nearest bit of stone that probably hit her (and cut her in twine) was the throne. I don't know about you, but I think this to be somewhat appropriately ironic.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-06-12, 10:44 AM
ever read Shakespeare? EVERYONE monologues before their death. It should be in the SRD:

Death: When you reach -10 HP, you remain alive and awake long enough to
a. monologue about how cruel life is
b. have a last-minute revelation about something signifigant
c. say goodbye to a loved one
or
d. deliver some cryptic advice