PDA

View Full Version : Items for A marshal

Nosta
2015-12-21, 04:04 PM
so I'd like a list of items that be good marshal
well I do know about stat boosting items such as cloak of charisma (I plan on getting a +6 one)
Also I'd like to know what would be a good weapon and armor enchantment for a marshal

Necroticplague
2015-12-21, 04:24 PM
How many levels in marshal? Typically, I find it's more of a side dish than a main course.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-12-21, 04:30 PM
Any character focused on leading and charisma synergy could do with an Admiral's Bicorne.

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-21, 04:35 PM
The best item for a full-on marshal that isn't just dipping is one that lets them swap out their marshal levels for another class.

Nosta
2015-12-21, 05:26 PM
How many levels in marshal? Typically, I find it's more of a side dish than a main course.

I am starting at level 10

but the thing is my gm is strange he wishes to do a gestalt game mixing 3.5 and d20 modern

and as such my pc is Marshal 10/ cha hero 10

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-21, 05:29 PM
I am starting at level 10

but the thing is my gm is strange he wishes to do a gestalt game mixing 3.5 and d20 modern

and as such my pc is Marshal 10/ cha hero 10How about taking three levels of factotum and one level of marshal for Inspire Intelligence? Then you get +Int to almost everything and +Cha to all of your Int stuff?

You get a LOT more out of those four levels than taking even twenty levels of marshal.

Nosta
2015-12-21, 05:35 PM
How about taking three levels of factotum and one level of marshal for Inspire Intelligence? Then you get +Int to almost everything and +Cha to all of your Int stuff?

You get a LOT more out of those four levels than taking even twenty levels of marshal.

well factotum is in my top 4 fav classes I played one last game and I like to say clear of it

but its a gestalt game

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-21, 05:42 PM
well factotum is in my top 4 fav classes I played one last game and I like to say clear of it

but its a gestalt gameAll you need is three levels. If you want numbers, +Int to everything and +Cha to everything for four levels is a LOT better than ten levels for +Cha to everything. Plus all the other perks of being a factotum, such as every skill you possibly want.

If you want this factotum to play differently, just choose different skills and feats, and choose the six extra non-wasted levels as something else. Take levels in other things that work off of Int and Cha; paladin 2, for instance, for +Cha to all saves. Monk 2 and those feats that makes all of your monk abilities work off of Int or Cha. A few levels in sorcerer for all the spell-based goodies they bring (like True Strike). Lots of great options.

Necroticplague
2015-12-21, 06:12 PM
The problem with trying to recommend things for a straight marshal is that straight marshal doesn't really do much. Grant Move Action is blarg, and his auras are all passive things. There's really not much to do with it. He doesn't really have anything unique that he does. All he does is stuff a commoner can do, only less bad at it.

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-21, 06:32 PM
The problem with trying to recommend things for a straight marshal is that straight marshal doesn't really do much. Grant Move Action is blarg, and his auras are all passive things. There's really not much to do with it. He doesn't really have anything unique that he does. All he does is stuff a commoner can do, only less bad at it.While passive abilities are far better in gestalt, the marshal's passive abilities are so awful that it's almost as useless in a gestalt game as it is in a regular game. I would never take more than a one level dip for a widespread numerical bonus to a single ability score's checks, either way, and even then only if you're focusing a lot of effort into those checks for other things. Int checks from factotum or for Knowledge Devotion? Sure. Str checks for a bull-rushing dungeoncrasher or tripper (or both)? Very nice.

Otherwise? No.