PDA

View Full Version : Crafts Are there any origamians here?

fyleisch
2015-12-21, 07:09 PM
Origami is a fun craft, I like it, it seems to line up with the same kind of temperament as tabletop gaming.

Is it anyone else's hobby? Or is anyone interested in help learning?

Bobbybobby99
2015-12-21, 07:36 PM
I occasionally dabble, but I can never quite get most of the more complex ones right. I have a good Frog, Butterfly, Fan Fish derived from butterfly, and Mallard Duck derived from butterfly. I'm just not very dextrous.

fyleisch
2015-12-22, 01:06 PM
Maekawa's mouse is a good one, it's really really simple, but if you shape the legs a bit it looks really cute and quite realistic.

thoroughlyS
2015-12-23, 07:01 PM
I love making different kinds of flowers. My favorite is the standard lily. I work as a Front Desk Attendant at a Recreation center, and my first year I made origami mascots for the four summer camp groups: Bulldogs, Bats, Alligators, and Elephants.

Wilko
2016-01-06, 07:41 AM
I've got a few basic models down personally but the most adventurous thing i ever tried was using modular origami - I took the instructions for a modular cube and extended it to make a space invader.:smallbiggrin:

Neftren
2016-01-07, 12:48 AM
Okay, okay, I'll bite.

I mostly do flowers, and cranes. I've been looking for ideas on what to fold next though ... thinking maybe dragonfly or elephant.