View Full Version : DVV: The King's Secrets (IC)

YourWaifu
2015-12-21, 10:55 PM
Regardless of where you came from, you all arrive in the port town of Shimmer in The Mirror Kingdom. The walled city actually isn't that hard to get into, as long as you allow yourself to be searched and seem friendly enough. Of course, the same guards that let you in won't hesitate to throw you out, or do worse. The Mirror Guard is not one to be trifled with.

“Your Queen is Watching!” the words are plastered all over the town. The signs hang everywhere, always accompanied with a painting of mirror. You all heard this place was civilized, at least, as civilized as it gets these days. Oddly enough, it seems people here are actually happy. The town is full of life, certainly not an everyday occurance. Walking down the street, you see simple stores for food, clothing, and for everyday furniture and such. One thing strikes you as odd though, what exactly is a “Carving Shoppe”? You see many of them, in fact there’s more of them than anything else.

Speaking of odd, you all also notice the people. They’re all dressed in simple clothes that are different shades of brown. Every adult in the town also has scars covering their face. Various piercings and tattoos are also present all over these people’s bodies. This isn’t an isolated thing, it seems.

Eventually you all end up in the town square. There's some kind of market going on. Perusing the different stands, you all find yourself in front of a small stall selling trinkets. The woman behind the stand would be beautiful, except her face is severely scarred and covered in piercings.
“What? You all just going to stand there and gawk? Are you planning on buying, or just standing?”

Here is the map of the town. (http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/townpackunlabelled.jpg) You are all currently in the middle of the town square. Here is the Dice Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472842-DVV-The-King-s-Secrets-%28Dice-Thread!%29&p=20220108#post20220108)

Th Revanchist
2015-12-21, 11:15 PM
"Apologiez, vendor. We are curious az to why citizenz of Shimmer would mu- choose to adorn themzelvez with zcarz and piercingz?", Ziuzuna asks. It regretted not actually having any money on hand, though. The trinkets were very pretty...

FelixSparks
2015-12-21, 11:38 PM
Sam shakes his head, pulling his cloak close around him. It had been a hard row here, and to be honest he was glad to be on dry land again. Though he wasn't a fan of WHERE he'd ended up... His search had to start somewhere. He looked to the strange thing talking to the woman, and shrugged.

"Well, that one might. I'm more interesting in information than fashion... Information, if you have any. I'm looking for some people. And I'm not sure I should be saying their names just yet, so I'm sorry about that. Any information you happen to know or are willing to sell I'm interested in hearing." He doesn't elaborate yet, casting an eye at the table. Something here must be worth looking at, surely... This information gathering business was tricky stuff. Get the wrong eyes on you and you need to run... Or fight. He was better at the latter.

YourWaifu
2015-12-21, 11:55 PM
"Hmm?" For the first time, the woman notices she is talking to creature made of bees. Her eyebrows raise.

"You certainly ain't from around here..." She mutters to herself.

"It's a badge of honor for us in the Mirror Kingdom. All of these mean something. It ain't just for fun." She points to two small scars on her right eyebrow. "Been married twice. And this one?" She points to the studs on either side of her upper lip. "Got bit by one of that bitch Yzma's poisonous snakes. And lived. And this here?" This time, she indicates a long scar running horizontally across the middle of her face from ear to ear. "Got that after I retired from being a Mirror Guard."

You see there are many more scars and piercings on the woman's face. If she explained them all, you'd be here for hours.

The woman sighs. "Looky here, Mister. I ain't damning myself for your sake. Queen Grimhilde has eyes everywhere, between the guards and that mirror o' hers. You're going to have to make a mighty fine case if I'm to be helping you."

On the table, one trinket catches your eye. It's a necklace, but a small bottle hangs on it as a pendant. The bottle is filled with a shimmering pink and purple dust. You recognize it as pixie dust immediately. How did that make it into this quaint little town?

If you want to convince the woman to give you information Sam, please roll 3d6+Charm+Deceit if you lie to her, or 3d6+Charm+Persuasion to just convince her.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 12:05 AM
Walking along the city's paths observing the activity within the walls. It was so very different to this wolf compared to her own land. The people here seemed to be able to afford food and even some luxurious items by her own standards. Frowning at the memory of her home. Tucking the feather that hung from her necklace into her tunic she found herself at a stall in the middle of town. So many various things to look at. She did wish that she had more value to her name.

Averting her eyes some at the sudden question she shakes her head once "I'm afraid that at the moment I'm a bit short on funding," she admits with a nervous chuckle. Before adding in a more collected voice "Would you happen to know where one might be able to earn some coin?"

She wasn't quite ready to start asking questions for too much information that might raise eyebrows at her presence.

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 12:16 AM
Sammy thinks for a minute. She's right, she doesn't have a reason to help him... Not yet anyway. A hand clutches the Dagger slung at his waist, and he nods. He'd convince her to help him, with the truth. Lying never got you anywhere good, not more than once anyway. He opened his mouth to speak when his eyes caught the necklace. Pixie Dust? Here? Maybe he WOULD have a start to his search after all. He knew what he had to say. All that's left is to say it.

"Ma'am, I'm just a little lost. I literally rowed myself here, on my dinghy. I have very little to trade, save my cloak and my time or effort. However..." He picks up the Necklace, nodding to her. "I would very much like to trade for this, and any information you may have on my friends Wendy or Peter. Should you need it, my strength and my ship would be yours to use. One time, for any one thing we agree is equal to the information. In addition... I'd like to know where you got this." He turned the necklace in his hands carefully. Pixie Dust was a dangerous things in the wrong hands... Hook's hand... If there was a place of production nearby, he wanted it destroyed, and to save any fairies trapped there.

Sam will trade his cloak, the use of his boat for one time (While he is on it), or any favor or request that they both agree is equal to the information. Said information may be checked for accuracy or truth first, and if the rumor is baseless or untrue, no favor shall be done, but coinage might be given as payment.

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 12:41 AM
"Finally! A sensible woman after my own heart! You are a woman...right? Can never tell with all that fur." The woman chuckles to herself. "You could go down to the docks, if you're strong enough. Always a few sailors looking for help unloading. That is, if you don't mind dealing with drunkards. Could always go over to The Cat and Mouse Inn...Anna always needs help there. 'Nother set of eyes would help the girl. She's always gettin' things stolen left and right. You'll have to wait till it gets a bit darker for that one though, not many people are into drinking durin' the day. Tell her Jaina sent 'ya, if you're going."

Jaina, the vendor, points to a tavern only a few feet away from the town square. Sure enough, the sign hanging read, "The Cat and Mouse Inn".
It is currently four o'clock. Kassidy knows that people won't normally be drinking until the sun goes down, which won't be until seven o'clock.

Jaina bit her lip. "You drive a hard bargain kid. I ain't saying much, just in case Queen Grimhilde is listenin', but I suppose I can tell ya a bit."

"Your hide on the line anyway..." She mutters to herself.

"This sea is Hook's territory. We always get those pirate types coming in, but they have to leave all their cargo on their ships, unless it's approved. Bless her heart for it, but Grimhilde don't want none of those nasty things from the other kingdoms gettin' in here. On my off days, I go hang out near the docks to get the best deals. One of Hook's men, I think, had that necklace. Said it was no use to him, and that his old broad gave it to him. He was in need of some coin, so I picked it up. Don't know what's in it, but its awful pretty. Since you're gonna give me that favor, you can have it." Upon closer inspection, you notice there is a very small amount of Pixie Dust in it. You think it would be enough to give one normal sized person flight or lift a weight up to 300 lbs.
Please add the following to your inventory, Sam:

Necklace containing a small amount of Pixie Dust: Enough Pixie Dust to give one person flight, lift 300 lbs., or use for drug related purposes. Worth 1 EP.

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 12:50 AM
Hook's men might be at the docks? Sam wanted to go raise some Hell... But no. Not now. It wasn't what HE would want... So he simply pocketed the necklace, nodding. He also took in the info about the tavern. Somewhere to earn some extra coin... Coin was good for food and info. Plus, he might hear something interesting with all the drinking that was sure to happen. That wolf though... He could use some help, and he'd take what he could get at this point.

"We'll talk about what I'll do later... I know exactly how much this stuff is worth, so I'm sure we'll be able to come to an agreement. As for you..." The young man turned to the wolfgirl, a broad grin on his smooth face. "I was thinking you could use some help, if you don't mind a traveling companion. My name's Samuel. Friends call me Sammy." He extended a hand to her, worn from hard work and brawls.

Melsermo
2015-12-22, 01:23 AM
As the unlikely gathering grew Melsermo found himself slithering in. He was humming to himself, the tune audible enough for those that he passed by. His tail rattled in rhythm behind him, as if to mimic a normal person snapping. As he came to the stall he gave his wings a beat, looking over the wares with an appraising eye. When he spoke it flowed out like honey, a deep smooth tone that seemed to linger in the air briefly, "My My my, now thesse here are ssome lovely trinketss now ain't they? 'Coursse they ain't ass beautiful ass the woman ssellin' them." After he spoke he shot the woman a wink as he coiled himself at the edge of the stand, a wing drifting over and tipping his hat in her direction. It was hard to tell if he genuinely meant it or not, he seemed to have a very... collected air about him. With the motion he cast his eyes around at the others here... three by his count...unless he needed to count each bee separately but he simply couldn't be bothered to go that far. "Unfortunately...I have no room for pocketss you ssee. Sso I won't be able to aquire one of thesse beautiess, I'll jusst have to ssettle for the grace of your presssence I ssupose.~" His words had a bit of a lilt in them to the end, the serpentine face ending in hardened points and they spread open to reveal rows of bright teeth, neatly tucked together. Despite the fact of how wrong it might have seemed, the gesture still seemed to hold an air of charm and confidence.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-22, 01:49 AM
"To zurvive Yzzma'zz znakez iz an accomplishment!", Ziuzuna replies in awe. There was a healthy dose of surprise, too; Yzma loved her lethal creatures...

After a moment of contemplation (and more frenetic buzzing), Zuizuna simply says, "We muzt apologize, az we cannot make a purchaze at thiz time, tempting though your warez are.". It would probably search around town for work, although it was growing interested in the other people (or person and assorted Others) around the stall. Maybe an introduction was in order?

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 02:34 AM
"I can tells ya exactly what I want...But not right now. If you want to talk about it, maybe we can see each other at The Cat and Mouse later." The woman winks, hoping you understood what she meant.

It seems you've got an appointment of sorts now, and looking at her, it's not one you should miss.

"Not often we get compliments from outsiders. Momma did always say beauty is on the inside though." Jaina replies, not batting an eye at your presence. You get the sense she's seen a lot in her years to shrug off your appearance so easily.

"Like I told Miss Wolfy over here, you can get some coin over at the--actually, you won't be much use at the docks. Someone of your size, though? Might be able to get some work with the Mirror Guard. They handle all the post, and everyone is tired of delivering mail. Trust me, I've done it." The woman laughs, clearly remembering old times. "Captain Johansson should be stationed at that guard post, o'er there." She points to a tower a short walk, or flight, from the town square. "Tell everybody ol' Jaina Nowak sent ya, and that it's about the post, then you'll get through easy as pie."

"Though, if that don't float your boat. You can always head over to Anna at The Cat and Mouse Inn. Not sure what she'd have you do, but she's understaffed as is. Stubborn little thing she is."

Here is the current map (http://imgur.com/UOVvfIM) for everyone, with relevant locations marked.

"Lil thing had me goin' for hours! Lucky for me, Grimhilde's got potions that rivals even Yzma's work! Few days with the good ol' Doc and he had me feeling right as rain. Felt awful though, like I was melting." Jaina recounts with a laugh. As she talks, she animatedly gestures with her hands. For as much danger as she must've been in, you can tell she's very proud of it.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 10:34 AM
Smiling some at the response that she received from the woman running the stand. This land definitely was in better shape than home. She was thankful for coming across someone so helpful. "Thank you so very much Jaina," Kassidy told her in a warm tone. "I'll be sure to mention your name."

She was in thought about what she wanted to do until darkness came upon the town. She wasn't a runt for sure, but would it be better getting a feel for the town? Blinking at hearing someone's voice. Looking to notice that it was the young man that had been asking about information.

"Some help you say?" Kassidy asks raising an eyebrow. Very friendly fellow she thought to herself. Though his hands showed that he was someone who had earned his keep at least it seemed. For now she'd trust him. Reaching out her hand and took his in her own. "Kassidy, no nickname," she states with a slight grin.

Melsermo
2015-12-22, 11:47 AM
"Pardon the intrussion but, travel you ssay? Well well, perhapss you could usse a...negotiator? I've been sslitherin' to' and fro' place to place. But it sseemss to me that you're in want of companionss. I could ssee so much more of the world hanging 'round you folk I figure." Melsermo turned his head, looking at the two who were speaking, he was very polite, despite the distinct lisp that came with his forked tongue. After a moment he blinked as if remembering something as he turned back to Jaina, lowering his head and tipping his hat again. "An' I thank ye for that ssugesstion madame. I may jusst pop in an' offer mah sservices."

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 12:53 PM
This Jaina... She already had a job in mind? Interesting. Maybe it would assist them both... For now, back to introductions. He nodded to the Wolf girl, Kassidy, and grinned. "Yeah, sometimes sailors can get a bit... Handsy. And rowdy. Best way to deal with that is knock em one good, and I've had plenty of practice with that." He grips her hand lightly, shaking once. "As for the nickname, I'm sure we'll get you one eventually."

After a moment, he looked to... whatever the heck was on the edge of the table. It spoke, and had a forked tongue. Nothing that he'd seen in Neverland, but nothing TOO outlandish with the state of the world... "Sure thing. You got a name, Negotiator?" For now, it'd be handy to have something else that could fly with him... Whether it could be trusted would be found out soon enough. Same with Kassidy.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-22, 01:20 PM
"Many thankz, Jaina Nowak. The advize iz mozt appreciated., Ziuzuna said. It wasn't certain what was so bad about delivering mail, but if there was a demand for it, why not? Later, it would go over to that "Cat and Mouse Inn", too... It sounded like a popular place, at the very least; maybe there would be something worthwhile.

For now, though, it would like to see how the 'introductions' go. The Chimera was rather interesting, itself... Hopefully Jaina wouldn't mind them all lingering for another minute or two.

Melsermo
2015-12-22, 03:22 PM
"Ah yess yess, how might rude of me good ssir. My name is Melssssermo, trickster extraordinaire! And you're in luck good ssir! It sseemss my name hass yet to sspread! Thiss meanss you'll be able to ssay with confidence that you knew of me before my name iss sspoken of far and wide!" He tipped his hat again, his wings outstretching in a very showy fashion as he spoke. At the end of his introduction he gave a bit of a bow, flashing his teeth again to the male and flashing him a wicked grin.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 03:28 PM
At the polite insert into their conversation, Kassidy looked to the stranger that spoke to them. The sudden interest in becoming a group was a bit strange. Though the idea wasn't foreign.

"Well, you have made a nice offer. Welcome to the group Melsermo," she states watching him, taking in the appearance of him. If things went south and turned out that these aren't well-intending males, she could hold her own she was sure. An eyebrow raising at his introduction, quite interesting.

"Do we want to see if we can find some work before dark? Or just get a better feel of the town before tonight?" She was wanting to get some coin. But she didn't want to ignore her new group mates.

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 04:18 PM
As the introductions draw to a close, a commotion starts to arrise. A few giggles and hushed whispers with worried undertones come from one of the smaller back-streets leading to the square. People start to part ways as six anthropomorphic canines rush towards you all. Passerbys start to point and give you all a wide berth. The Mirror Gaurds patrolling the area stiffen, as if anticipating an attack. Only Jaina seems to be proceeding with any sense of normality.

The leader of the group, a fox, runs up, clearly focused on Kassidy. As they approach, you can all get a better look at their uniforms. The crest on their uniforms seems to be a big cat of some sort surrounded by trees.
Everyone except Kadsidy please roll 3d6+Intelligence+Insight to recognize what Kingdom these guards are from.
You automatically recognize the men as members of King John's Royal Guard.
The fox bows with a smile. "M'lady, are you Kassidy Larunel?"

Th Revanchist
2015-12-22, 04:44 PM
Although it didn't want to get involved just yet, Ziuzuna looked at the newcomers with interest, trying not to attract their attention. This hadn't struck it as the city to attract Chimera, though. It was thankful the fox-men's emblems were displayed so openly, and wondered if it had seen that emblem before...

Ziuzuna rolled a 22 for the Identification.

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 05:21 PM
Sam glances at the newcomers, raising an eyebrow. They knew her by name? That was never good. He'd let this play out for now... Maybe they were just messengers or something. But for there to be that many, Sam knew to expect trouble of some kind, at least.

Sammy got a 16 to Identify the Guards

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 05:52 PM
As the chimera's approach, you all notice the crests on their armor and are able to examine them more thoroughly. The cat on the armor appears to be a lion wearing a crown laden with jewels. His golden fur is contrasted by the dark background of trees that make up the rest of the crest. Perhaps you've traveled there before, or maybe you've seen it in books, but you all recognize it as the crest of King John of Nottingham.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 08:21 PM
Hearing the sound of the giggles, the female canine couldn't help but turn her head to look at what the commotion was. Seeing that there was a group of others like her running up. Her hand instinctively moved to reach behind towards the covered crossbow. Stopping herself when telling herself in her mind 'Wait, this is not John's land. I might not need to fight.'

She is at attention, but doing her best to stay calm "That I maybe. Should I be worried if I am the person you search for?" Kassidy asks watching the fox before her. Taking in his features, seeing if she could place him.

Result to Place Fox: 24

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 08:47 PM
"Of course not, Madam. We merely have a letter to deliver to her, from a very important man indeed." The fox replies, leaning in a bit for the last part.

You easily recognize the fox as one of your father's lackeys. He was always rushing to please the Sheriff. You remember him rushing to and fro, doing everything the Sheriff was too lazy and "busy" to do. It was difficult to see the two separate, as your father always needed someone to do his job for him. Knowing the people in Nottingham, he's probably looking for a promotion.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 09:04 PM
At this statement Kassidy's expression soured some with the realization of who this male was. "I see," she states before shaking her head. "In that case. I must take the letter since I am her," she tells him. Reaching out her hand and leaving it out to receive this envelope.

"Is there anything else that you might need?" Kassidy asks calmly. So far, this was manageable. No fuss or fight, which was good, she hoped to keep it that way.

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 09:08 PM
Before the envelope could be given to Kassidy, Sam snatched it up, placing himself between the wolf and the royal guard. "I'll take that, thank you. As her escort, I need to make sure everything checks out." He began to open the letter, then shot the animals in front of him a look. "If that's all, you should probably get going. I'm sure King John could use you." There wasn't an outright threat there, but his body language informed them if they wanted a fight, it would not end in their favor.

YourWaifu
2015-12-22, 09:23 PM
"No ma'am, we were only instructed to give you the letter." At this, the fox pulls an envelope out from his uniform. "I do wonder what's in it, if I may add. We came quite a ways to find you ma'am." The fox adds with a chuckle.

As he tries to put the letter in Kassidy's hand, Sam cuts him off. Clearly the wolves following this fox bristled, one even going so far as to raise a knife. The fox, however, stays calm. He raises a hand, asking his colleagues to wait. "We mustn't be so hasty, men. The gentlemen is just doing his job as we do ours. With that, we shall bid you all farewell. May that letter find you in good health, Kassidy." The fox bowed once more before the entire group makes its way back the way it came.

On further inspection, the envelop of the letter is a very fine quality of paper. Across the front, Kassidy was written in red ink. Flipping it over, it is sealed with a stamp of King John's crest. Once you open the letter, you see the following written:
Dear Kassidy,

I know we haven’t always had the best relationship, but you and I both know I’m getting older. I can’t do this job forever, dear. On my retirement, I’d like for you to take over my post as Sheriff of Nottingham. Please consider it. King John and I are eagerly waiting to here back from you. I know you'll regret it if you don't take my generous offer.

Your Loving Father,
William

FelixSparks
2015-12-22, 09:46 PM
Sam hands the letter to Kassidy once the Fox and his group leave. "Sorry about that. I don't trust them... But I'm not about to read your mail. It sounded like it might be important anyway." He takes a step back, looking after the pack. Nottingham huh... Interesting. He'd heard rumors, but nothing substantial. Not yet anyway.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-22, 10:09 PM
At this interception, Kassidy couldn't help but bristle up in slight surprise. Though she did look towards the group with a slight smile, trying to make it look like she was apologetic.

"Thank you gentlemen, may your journey be safe," she states, it was obvious that there was a hint of forced sincerity.

Once the 'visitors' left she gave a short apology to Jaina about the fuss. Turning her attention to the letter now in hand. An unimpressed look on her face at the lettering, it just reminded her of Prince John's lack of care for his land. Reading the letter her lips turned down firmly, scoffing. "Yeah right," she muttered to herself. Gripping the letter and tearing the paper to shreds before tucking it into her pocket. He expected her to forgive him that easily? She'd then look to the others before shaking her head "Money hungry heathens," she stated with a soft shrug before sighing.

Melsermo
2015-12-22, 10:47 PM
After the most intriguing incident with the delivered letter Melsermo excused himself to have a look around on his own before meeting back up with the others. He decided to do some mail work, nosing about in it while he was at it and stealing anything of importance. Once finished with that he would go about exploring the town, asking people harmless seeming questions to build up some information on the go. He would eventually end up back at the inn waiting on his companions to arrive.

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 02:54 AM
The Shimmer docks work with surprising efficiency, despite most of the sailors being drunk while docking. It seems that Kassidy and Sam aren’t the only ones to want to make a few coins, and that many other people have seemed to arrived much earlier. As they’re told, most of the boats have docked and unloaded for the day, but after a bit of waiting, a medium sized sailboat comes in. You two both spend an hour or two unloading and moving cargo while listening to the various rumors that float through the dock. Both of you manage to hear something that piques your interest.

“Aye. Just been o’er to that Colony of North Virginia. Scary place. That Ratcliffe’s got some scary men, I can tell ya’s that. Thought it would be an easy run to get lumber and food, but nay, I got me into some trouble just from goin’ into the woods to take a leak without a permit. Nasty stuck-ups, they are.”

“News from Hook, fellas! Another one ran off…Adrian really needs to get a handle on those scamps. Can’t fathom where they’re all headed to...Maybe the Left Hand has more numbers than we thought….”

You each get 1 EP.

Melsermo and Ziuzuna, on the other hand, both go to do something at which they’re uniquely skilled. The two take off, headed towards the tower Jaina indicated earlier. At first, the guards pointed their spears at you, but with the mention of the name Jaina Nowak, they instantly lowered their spears. They even apologized. Perhaps Jaina’s name carried more weight than you thought?

As you meet the good Captain Johansson, you notice his smile first. He seemed to be quite the jolly man, and had a twirly mustache. At the mention of the post, his face soured. He explained that the mail route has long been a hated assignment because not only must they sort the mail, but they also have to spend the day walking around the entire city delivering the mail, with little to no breaks. Of course, they can’t fly. He directed you both to the post office, giving you a note to let the men working there you had been approved for duty.
Upon arriving at the post office, both of you are quickly given small sacks full of mail, and you both begin your respective routes.

Melsermo, though, does a bit more than deliver the mail. Ducking into an alley, he snoops through the mail, not finding much of interest, except an Ocarina. It’s of amazing quality, and oddly enough, small enough that you can somehow manage to play the thing. If you crow into it, you find it makes the most hauntingly beautiful harmony. You easily hide the thing away for later. When arriving back at the post office, you’re given a few coins, but not enough to afford much of anything. You can’t win them all, but at least you managed an Ocarina out of it.

Please add the following to your equipment: Small Ocarina: Adds +2 to Music when using it, 2 EP.
You got no EP for working at the post office.

Like the good bee-person you are, Ziuzuna delivers quite a bit of mail, even coming back to the office a few times for more. The soldiers stationed there were clearly impressed, and very obviously relieved that they didn’t have to do a big shift today. In fact, after returning to the post office for the final time, you watch as they all pitch in to pay you.
You got one EP for working at the post office.

Kassidy and Sam both beginning exploring the town, talking to various passerby. Perhaps Jaina’s deadpan reaction wasn’t indicative of attitudes of the majority because most people were clearly afraid, or at least shocked, by your appearance. Perhaps they had never seen a chimera before? Either way, you easily learn what you want to know Kassidy.

“Someone you don’t want to piss off? That’s good ol’ Jaina Nowak. You met her? Seemed nice, don’t she? Don’t you get on her bad side, though. She could kill twenty men by just lookin’ at ‘em. Queen Grimhilde still has her signed to The Mirror Guard, though she ain’t active, just in case I hear. Did you hear what happened to her first husband? Shame that is. Rumor-mongerer he was, heard he was in some underground revolution or something. Jaina said she didn’t know, and I don’t blame her. Was always away in that marriage, off in some kingdom or another. Came back in he was executed. Heard Grimhilde herself explained the situation. Poor ol’ girl. Glad she settled down, though.”

“Best spots in town? That’d have to be The Cat and Mouse. Already heard about that one? ‘Spose there ain’t that much else. Besides that, there’s the Town Square, always something going on there. People like hanging out at the Carving Shoppe, always easy to get the best news there. Victor’s Carving Shoppe is the best. What’s a Carving Shoppe? That’s where we get all of our piercings and scars done! You think we do them ourselves? Ha!”

“Queen Grimhilde? Ah, she’s the best. So kind. Keeps us all safe from them nasty things surrounding us. Lil’ strict and a lil’ reclusive, but not bad at all. She lives in a big tower in Mistvale, the capital. Beautiful thing it is, went there on my tour of duty.”

Melsermo also explored the city. It was easy to see it in it’s entirety, especially when you can fly. You heard, and saw, a bit of everything. People were out, and a few had already begun in their drinking for the night. You asked around, looking for the most compelling bit of information. After a while, you stumbled upon an incoherent drunk. He didn’t notice you, but he talked nonetheless.

“I sees ‘em, I do. They’re so dark...They’re a-comin’, they are. Not just for me, but for everyone. They ain’t ever gonna let me live in peace again, no-sir. I wish I never cut the deal...Wish I never played the game...Wish I never touched those damn dice. Wish I never went /there/. Only Darkness. Only...Darkness.”

Eventually you all make your way over to The Cat and Mouse Inn. You can all hear the music spilling out into the streets, and as you walk in, you see the tavern is filled with both sailors and the inhabitants of Shimmer. The main area of the tavern was occupied by men and woman banging their mugs on the tables and singing the sea shanty currently being sung by everyone. Behind the bar, a very clean-cut man with minimal scars is constantly filling and refilling glasses. In the back of the bar, a staircase leads up to what must be the inn portion of the establishment. To the side, many musical instruments sat currently unused, including a piano.

As you enter, you all hear the most beautiful voice. In front of the bar, a woman with long red hair stands singing the story portion of the sea shanty. She animatedly acts out each part of the song, as the rest of the tavern sings the chorus. Her dress is slightly more colorful than most of what you’ve seen, with a white blouse and green skirt. The song she’s singing goes as follows:

“And they sailed their ship cross the ocean blue
A blood-thirsty captain and a cut-throat crew.
It's as dark a tale as was ever told
of the lust for treasure and the love of gold.”

“Shiver my timbers, shiver my sides.
Yo oh heave ho
There are hungers as strong as the wind and tides.
Yo oh heave ho”

The song continues like that for a few more verses until it ends with the woman singing the line, “Shiver my timbers, shiver my sails. Dead men tell no tales.” The end of the song is met with a hearty applause, and she offers a quick bow before heading to the back of the bar. The man who was behind the bar while she was singing walked down some stairs behind the bar, probably to a storage cellar of sorts. She notices you all quite quickly and smiles as the bar returned to it’s normal chatter.
“Come on in! The more the merrier! What’re you in for, a drink or some coin?”

Getting a better look at her, you see she has green-blue eyes and one large scar stretching from her right temple to across her left cheek. If Jaina said they all mean something, what could that mean?

The Tavern will be open for five hours. By spending 1 EP, you will have paid for drinks and food for the entire night. If you wish to work, after making the associated check, an hour will have passed. You cannot socialize while working. Every-time an hour has passed, I'll add in a spoiler saying how many hours are left.
Here (http://imgur.com/8BPUBZ1) is the map of the tavern. An updated town map will be included in my next post with all of the locations you've visited or heard of marked. Also, if you're curious about the sea shanty, here is Shiver Me Timbers. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEqGH6MAL8) I think it's a cool song, so give it a listen if you like.

Melsermo
2015-12-23, 03:28 AM
"Well it'll be hard to follow up a ssplendorouss performance ssuch ass that, but I do believe my ol' windpipess could do with a workout. Mayhapss I could take the sstage for a time and enssure the crowd doessn't become bored sstiff and give you a chance to focus on other endeavorss madame?" The gentlesnake flashed her a grin, tipping his hat as is customary for him.

FelixSparks
2015-12-23, 08:27 AM
Sam shakes himself from being lost in her voice, and gives the woman, Anna he assumes, a grin. "I'm here for a bit of both, really. But work first. Serving, Singing, Scrapping, tell me what you need and I'll do it." He casts an eye around the tavern in the meantime, looking for anyone of note. He'd heard some interesting things today, especially on the docks. Adrian's holding someone hostage, likely the fairies.... But who or what is the Left Hand? Maybe he'd learn more about that while he was working.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 12:34 PM
Her time had not been wasted gathering some information about the town. She was a little surprised about the people being quite frightened. Guess there are some perks to being a walking wolf away from home? Giving a small chuckle to herself at the thought.

Giving a small wave to the others of their group as she walked up to the bar. Looking up at the sign before entering.

With the song reaching her ears she looked up to where the woman was singing. Appreciating the talent that she had. Clapping some with the others that were giving applause. Smiling to the redhead as she approached them giving a nod. "Thank you," Kassidy said at the welcome before nodding at the end of the question. "Might you be Anna?" she asks politely not wanting to assume anyone's identity.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-23, 01:11 PM
"We would prefer coinz for our servicez, firzt.", Ziuzuna answered. It wasn't sure exactly what the lady, Anna perhaps, would have for it to do, but trusting Jaina had paid off so far.

It also noted the three from before had heeded her advice, too. When they had all finished working, it could be a good idea to (finally) introduce itself...

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 02:11 PM
As you all approach the bar, you notice it's topped with a glass mirror. That would've cost quite the pretty penny, but the bar could clearly afford it with the amount of patrons here.

Looking over the group, the woman's mouth hangs open for a moment before leaning into to talk to you all. "I've never seen anything like you guys! What are you!? Where are you from!?"

After receiving her answers, she replies to the snake bird she can't seem to take her eyes off. "Of course! I'd love to hear you sing, and I think everyone else will too."

Please roll 3d6+Charm+Music for your performance.

"Oh! Jean could use a big guy like you to help keep these sailors in line." As if to illustrate her point, one of the patrons bashes another over the head with a mug. A man hurries up the cellar stairs and yells, "Hey! You two. Don't make this a problem." The two patrons just laugh him off.

Please roll 3d6+Robustness+Intimidate to keep the men in line.

"That's me! I'm Anna, and I own this little place with Jean over there." Anna gestures to a man with light brown hair who appears to be quite muscular. "He keeps 'em all in line, and I keep 'em busy! Do you need something?"

"Are...Are you made of bees? Like Honey Bees?" Anna asks, getting more excited with every word. "You can help brew the honey mead! We were running out of honey anyway. Just do your best to guess the amounts of everything."

Anna whispers, "That's what we do!"

"Cellars over there. Everything should be down there, but if you need anything, just shout!"
Please roll 3d6+Sensibility+Craft.

Melsermo
2015-12-23, 02:31 PM
Melsermo gave a rather dramatic bow before nodding. He then casually flapped his wings to a central part of the bar, resting at the edge of the mirrored top. He start by humming a few scales to himself as well as getting used to his new ocarina and rattling his tail in different ways. Once he was satisfied he cleared his throat and called out to the bar. "If'n y'all fine patronss don't mind, give a lissten! Thiss here'ss a rendition of a ssong you all might recognize. If'n ya know the lyrics. Feel free to join in! He then brought the ocarina up and played a few notes before getting right into the song, swaying and stretching his wings out as he played, carefully tapping his rattle against a support beam. "FIFTEEN MEN ON A DEAD MAN'Ss CHESsT! DRINK AND THE DEVIL HAD DONE FOR THE RESsT! He carried on with a rendition of the song, grinning like mad as he howled out his verses.
Rolled a 35 on the music check. Not enough posts to put the song here, feel free to ask for the link. ovo

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 02:44 PM
Kassidy's face showed a warm smile at her answer. "Very impressive," she compliments honestly. "Jaina had told me earlier today to come by once the life started here," she adds in explanation.

"As for what I can do, I can help move things, or giving the people their drinks. Whatever you need I'll do my best to do it," Kassidy states with a determined grin, placing a hand on her chest.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-23, 02:49 PM
Somewhat surprised by Lady Anna's reaction, Ziuzuna thanked the host, and made its way to the cellar, for brewing Honey Mead. She seemed to think it would go over well, at least... and it wasn't a stranger when it came to honey.

12 on the DC check for brewing.

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 05:29 PM
"Ah Jaina. Should've never offered her free drinks in exchange for help..." Anna laughs as she reminisces. "I always need help serving though! Gonna need to do a bit of dodging though, so just try not to spill the drinks too much." Without waiting for an answer, Anna shoves two mugs into the chimera's hands.

Please roll 3d6+Agility+Acrobatics for quickly dodging patrons.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 05:56 PM
"Dodgin' you say? Well I've got a bit of experience with that!" Kassidy spoke with a wide smile. Taking a firm hold of the mugs that she was given. Time to have a good time! She moved through the crowd finding the customers who needed their drinks.

Dodging and delivering result: 22

FelixSparks
2015-12-23, 06:24 PM
Sam shoots the two sailors in question a glare that might send weaker men scrambling for cover. He turns to them, walking up to them calmly, a nice smile on his face as he leans in. "Now gentlemen, I'm sure that this won't happen again, will it? Otherwise, I may be forced to use rather... DRASTIC measures to remove you from Anna's property. And no one wants that, least of all you." He flashes them another grin, standing over them until they responded, ready to grab his dagger if needed. He was not fond of sailors. Rowdy ones even less.

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 08:17 PM
Towards the end of the hour, Sam can feel that something is brewing. An argument breaks out between two of the pirates sitting towards the back of the bar.
“I’ll shoooowwww youuu!” One of them slurs. Another slams his mug on the table.

“Shuuut your mouth, Richard!” The other replies. The first, Richard, threw his mug across the room, landing behind the bar. It almost hits Anna, but she dodges it like it was nothing. Clearly she’s used to this by now.

“Jean! Boys are gettin’ rowdy again!” Anna yells while preparing more drinks to hand off to Kassidy.

“Just a minute!” You hear him faintly call from somewhere upstairs. Perhaps it’s time to step in.

Everyone who would like to join in combat, please roll 3d6+Agility for initiative
Here is the current combat map. (http://imgur.com/ePHvYYT)

Melsermo
2015-12-23, 08:23 PM
Melsermo finished a few more songs when he noticed a few patrons being a bit more rowdy than expected. One of his brows rose a bit as he hissed a bit, coiling up and ready to spring out to help with the situation.
20 for Initiative.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 08:42 PM
Handing the next round of drinks to the table she glanced up, it was hard to ignore the ruckus when it was so close to you after all.

"Excuse me fellas," she pardons herself from them moving away from the ones she just served looking to the other. "Do you have this Sam?" Kassidy asks, ready to hop in if needed.

Initiative Total: 23
Canine: Pack-Member: +2 on Linguistics rolls with unfriendly characters. +2 to allies making Melee/Ranged attack rolls against targets in combat with the Canine

FelixSparks
2015-12-23, 08:44 PM
Sam pulls out his dagger, and swings the butt of it at Richard, hoping to knock him out and stop this stupid fight. This is why he didn't like Sailors. AND they were putting Anna at risk? Sam was not happy about this, and it showed as the dagger screamed through the air to make contact with Richard's skull.

"Right, it's nap time for both of you. Nothing personal, but I DID warn you. So when you wake up on the sidewalk with very little on your person, you'll know exactly why."

Initiative of 23. Using both Moves to attack Richard with attempt to knock out, rolls are 34 and 26.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-23, 09:08 PM
At the end of its hour, Ziuzuna had returned from the cellar for a brief rest. When it spotted the two rowdy sailors causing a fuss, it looked as though those hopes had been dashed... Until those three from before moved to intervene.

Unfortunately, Ziuzuna determined it would cause more of a fuss just moving to the fight than it would for those three to resolve it alone. For now, it resolved to simply watch from near the cellar.

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 10:35 PM
Sam, you hit Richard with the butt of your dagger once, then twice for good measure. He crumples to the ground easily, but the other is still up. He didn’t like that very much, it seems.

“Youuu….That wasss my job!” He slurs, attempting to hit you over the head with his mug.
He rolled an 18 on the attack roll, so roll 3d6+Robustness+Endure to see if it hits/hurts. I'm sure you'll smash it.

Kassidy, as you move to get closer to Sam, a drunk pirate gets up and smiles sickeningly. “Hey pretty thaaaannnng...Wanna dance?” He attempts to grab your wrists and force you to be his unwilling dance partner.
He rolled 21 to hit, but instead of you rolling a normal robustness+Endure check, please roll 3d6+Agility+Prevent Harm to attempt to get out of his grip or avoid the attack entirely.
Current Initiative Track:

Sam-23
Kassidy-23
Melsermo-20 (currently holding a turn)
Pirate 2-17
Pirate 3- 17

Meanwhile, Anna is behind the bar, singing another song despite the commotion going on.

Hush-a-bye, Don't you cry
Go to sleep, you little baby
When you wake you shall have cake
All the pretty little horses
Here is the current battle map. (http://imgur.com/3JkRFu6)

FelixSparks
2015-12-23, 10:50 PM
Sam shakes his head, catching the mug easily with one hand and looking at the pirate. "Ah ah ah! You're not It yet." With a grin and a flash of his hand, the butt of his dagger rockets towards the pirate's head, looking to knock him out the same as his buddy on the floor.

As soon as the dagger connected or missed, he was hopping over the table towards the pirate who had grabbed Kassidy. He was not alright with this, and his dagger was going to make it known. "HEY! THERE'S A NO TOUCHING RULE!"

After that, he looked to Anna, grinning. "You don't mind if I take a bit for my troubles from these guys, do you?"

35 to hit Pirate the first, 32 to hit Pirate the Third.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-23, 10:51 PM
Since they had the situation well in hand, Ziuzuna will move closer to the fight, to better observe and -if necessary- intervene.

Ziuzuna moves to the closest set of benches... and that's it. No acting sneaky or intimidating-like, yet.

Melsermo
2015-12-23, 10:54 PM
Melsermo hisses and coils up a bit, ready to shoot out but after seeing Sam deal with the first pirate so easily shrugs a bit and decides to make a show up it, returning to his song for the tavern to hear. OOOH WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A ROWDY PIRATE?! WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A ROWDY PIRATE?! WHAT DO YOU DO WITH A ROWDY PIRATE EARLY IN THE EVENING?! BASsH 'IM IN THE HEAD 'TIL HE'Ss SsOBER! BASsH 'IM IN THE HEAD 'TIL HE'Ss SsOBER! BASsH 'IM IN THE HEAD 'TIL HE'Ss SsOBER EARLY IN THE EVENING! His rattle shook and swayed as he punctuated his words with notes on his ocarina, bouts of laughter coming out after the verse.
29 on the music check, he's keeping to himself over here.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 10:57 PM
Ears twitching at another's voice, her teeth pull back into a snarl feeling his hands touch her. "I don't think so, bub," Kassidy growls out, her canine teeth bared to his face. Her voice lowered into a more animalistic sound "I'd let go unless you want to lose fingers if not a hand."

27 Total for "Agility+Prevent Harm"
19 for "Intimidating Growling/Threatening"

YourWaifu
2015-12-23, 11:23 PM
As Sam moves from one pirate to the next, they all fall. As Kassidy slips out of her new “dance partner’s” hands, she has just enough time to growl at the man before Sam hits him over the head, making him fall to the floor.

In his haste to hit the man, Sam put himself in quite the situation. He wasn’t able to move quite as far as he thought, because the other three pirates sitting at the table stopped him. They were all quite mad, it seemed, but you couldn’t tell because you couldn’t understand them. You think it isn’t because they’re speaking a different language, but because they’re too drunk to form a coherent sentence. They all swing at you, leaving Kassidy alone for the moment.
3d6+Robustness+Endure. 23, 21, and 25 are their rolls to hit you.

Behind the bar, Anna continues her song.

Black and bay, dapple and grey
Coach and six white horses
Here is the current map. (http://imgur.com/GDQzJ3t)
Sam-23
Kassidy-23
Melsermo-20
Pirate 4-17
Pirate 5- 17
Pirate 6 - 17

Melsermo
2015-12-23, 11:37 PM
Melsermo chuckled to himself as he noticed the precarious situation that Sam had gotten himself into, lowering down before shooting forward like an arrow. Cain't let you hog ALL the fun now can I? His body seemed to slither in the air before perching himself right between the group of pirates. He leaned over to one, hissing and whispering into his ear. "Jusst between you an' me I'd think about what you're doing before continuin'. I'll have ye know that we're very important guesstss for queen Grimhilde hersself...now assk yoursself would sshe be happy to know that you've harmed her important guesstss? Now you can ssit back down and relax and sshe won't have to know do we have a deal?" He then arched his head to whisper to the other, continuing his speech. "Now ssee, your buddy over here knowss what'ss good for him. He knowss to back off. Ssse that boy? Well earlier he took on three mirror guardss jusst for fun. Now assk yourself, you want to messs with that? Besst ssit back down before he sstops holding back."
Move adjacent to pirates 5 and 6. 42 on the deceit roll for the first, and then a 40 for the deceit roll for the second to make them stand down. Maybe even make them pee their pants a little. ;D

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-23, 11:54 PM
Seeing the three standing up she watches them. She couldn't help but wonder if this was a common occurrence when Anna gets help. It seemed though that the guys wanted to have their fun, so she let out a sigh and walked away from the table while saying in a warm voice "Have fun boys!" It was probably easiest to let them have their moment. She did appreciate their enthusiasm. When she'd get her's? Who knows.

Moving back to the bar counter, she sat down. She was going to take a break after the first hour anyways. Choosing to instead listen to Anna's song with an eased expression. Watching the two from across the bar.

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 12:24 AM
Sam dodged the first two strikes easily, but the third grazed him, hitting him in the face. He whirled on the pirate who had hit him, and with a swing of his arm the dagger once again flew, skullwards! "Gettin real tired of this!"

30 to hit Pirate 4.

YourWaifu
2015-12-24, 01:33 AM
Melsermo’s whisperings cause the two men to mutter to themselves while sitting back down. Apparently it wasn’t worth their time anymore. Sam’s and his dagger had dealt with the other one, and no one else wanted to cause anymore trouble.

Anna finished her song at the bar as the combat ended, the last notes ringing out before the silent bar erupted back into noise.

Hush-a-bye, Don't you cry
Go to sleep, you little baby
When you wake you shall have cake
And all the pretty little horses

Black and bay, dapple and grey
Coach and six white horses

Comically late, Jean runs down the steps yelling, “All right! Who’s causin-Oh.” He spotted the bodies lying unconscious on the floor. Jean sighs and rolls up his sleeves. “Guess you did my job for me.” He smiles, and then starts dragging the bodies outside.

For the first time, you all notice Jaina has been sitting at the bar. Maybe she just came in, but seems as though she’s been there for a bit.

“Tougher than I thought.” She hops off of her stool, and grabs Sam’s arm. “You. Talk. Now.” She doesn’t wait for an answer and pulls you down into the cellar.

The cellar is dark and damp. You see the spot where Ziuzuna must’ve been working earlier. It’s covered in honey and water. Barrels and jugs of alcohol are everywhere.

“Good. Needed somewhere where Grimhilde wouldn’t hear. Bless her heart, but this isn’t for her. I know exactly what I sold you earlier. It was Pixie Dust. I know exactly how much that goes for, and I need you to do something for me. Whatever you do, keep it secret. You don’t want to hear about the people who break my promises.” Jaina hurriedly whispers. She hands you two small vials, one filled with a black-purple liquid and the other milky white. She also hands you a locket. “I need you to give these to my sister, Freya Nowak in Mistvale. Kid, you’d be doing me and a whole lot of people a solid.”

Roll 3d6+Intelligence+Academics to see if you know what these liquids are. Roll 3d6+Sensibility+Insight to guess what the liquids are. Roll 3d6+Charm+Persuasion if you'd like Jaina to tell you more.

At the bar, Anna looks up. “Thank you! You all helped quite a bit! I’m curious though, where are you all from? I’ve never seen anything like, well, any of you! Oh? I wonder where your friend went?...”

Melsermo earned2 EP + free lodgings at the Inn, Sam earned 1 EP + free lodgings, Kassidy earned 1 EP + free lodgings, Ziuzuna earned 1 EP + free lodgings.
The bar will be open for four more hours.

Melsermo
2015-12-24, 01:41 AM
"Hmm where I'm from or... where I'm from?? he seemed to wink and snicker at that before he bowed lightly. "I'm from the Sshadowlandss. You know, where misster sshadowman himsself hailss... I ssuposse you could ssay I come from...pretty far ssouth down there.~" He chuckled, flashing another charming smile as he replied to her inquiry, being as friendly as ever.

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 01:49 AM
Sam looks over the vials, and opens the locket, peering inside. He looks to Jaina. Here they were, out of earshot from everyone. Maybe... Maybe he could tell her the truth. He looks to her, biting his lip, weighing his options. In the end, truth won.

"... I know how much it's worth. It's worth more to me than a lot of people... It runs in my veins after all." He paused for a moment, nodding. "I am... Used to be... One of the Lost Boys. I don't know if that means anything to you, but the longer my friends are trapped making Dust for Hook, the worse off it is. You're asking me to sneak into the capital of this country, where the Queen can watch people though I'm guessing any reflective surface. I'm gonna need a bit more to go off than this. I'm already transporting Fairy Dust on my person, that's enough to get myself into some deep trouble. In addition, if I keep travelling with my current group and deem them trustworthy, I'll inform them to better carry this out. So... I'm going to need to know what these are. You can tell me why if you think you can trust me, but I'll do my best to deliver it to your sister. I kind of wanted to ask the Queen something anyway."

25 for Persuasion, 11 to identify, 18 to guess, 15 and 14 to further identify vials.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-24, 02:01 AM
At the comment Kassidy gives a bashful grin. "It was no trouble, I've quite enjoyed the entertainment choices," she states with a soft chuckle. "Right, I never did answer you the first time, very rude of me. My apologies!"

"I'm not really sure about any of the others, but I'm from the kingdom west of here, Nottingham," she didn't mind saying the land from which she hailed. It's not like anyone really knew her name due to how she had lived before leaving.

"Is it always this lively once the sun goes down?" the wolf adds with a playfully raised eyebrow. She was having a fine time to be honest.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-24, 02:16 AM
With the sudden appearance and departure of their mutual acquaintance, Jaina, Zuizuna's interest was piqued. Rather than return to the cellar in whole, though, it sent a few drones down with them, to discreetly follow the conversation.

While the drones spied, Ziuzuna replied to the host, "We come from the Zunlezzz Empire. It izz a much lezz hozpitable plaze, we have found

The drones roll a 23 to identify the mysterious liquid. I wonder what they could be? And how much Sam wants to know...

YourWaifu
2015-12-24, 02:42 AM
"Wow! The Shadowlands? That's so far away! What's it's like there? I've never left the Mirror Kingdom before." Anna says, surprised one of her new friends hailed from so far away.

"Nottingham, huh? Is it bad? I've heard the rumors, but are they true?" Anna asked of Kassidy before answering the wolf's other question. "It does, yeah. but it doesn't really bother me anymore. I've got Jean to keep everyone in line, and if things get really bad, I just sing and everything gets better!"

"Jaina told me about the Sunless Empire. It sounds weird." Anna recalls with a shrug and a chuckle. From what you remember from your past conversation from Jaina, you can surmise she told Anna about what happened when she was bitten by one of Yzma's snakes. The super poisonous kind.

Ziuzuna's drones sneak in quietly and almost immediately recognize the liquid. The purple is clearly Nightshade in some form. It's one of the most poisonous substances in all of this realm, at least from what you've read. The white was some kind of antidote or counteractive. Perhaps snake venom gave it it's color. Oddly enough, you've read that when mixed in with certain substances, the venom can actually prove to have positive effects. When Sam open the locket, you see a shard of glass, but you notice something else. It seemed to be covered in some type of powder, something fine. You couldn't tell exactly what it was, but you could tell it was there.

Sam, on the other hand, didn't recognize the liquids. He was able to guess that they were poison, though. When opening the locket, he only sees the shard of glass.

"I thought as much. I tested, most people don't know the value of Pixie Dust, least not around 'ere. Why else would you be so intent in buyin' it?" She sighs. "My sister is set to go to a diplomatic meeting on behalf of Queen Grimhilde in a month or two. We both would never do anything to harm Queen or Country, but Grimhilde can't know about this. Not yet, anyway. This means life or death for a lot of people, even though the meeting isn't sanctioned. King's don't want their diplomats meeting with people they're enemies with, but people who want peace will always find a way. I can't say much more, but please. This will change more than you know."

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 12:01 PM
Sam thinks for a minute. Delivering poison to a delegate who wants peace? That didn't sound right. He held the vial up to the light and inspected it, then looked back to her. "A Diplomatic meeting, huh... So who's the poison for? Last I checked, peace through killing isn't called diplomacy. But." He looks her dead in the eye, his spirit unflinching. Pan would want people to TRY for peace... At least, the Peter he THOUGHT he knew would. "I'll help you. I owe you, after all. But I'm adding my own stipulation to the deal. I'll deliver this... But I'm also planning to go WITH your sister. She's probably tough, but no one is invincible, and there are always those who detest peace. She'll need an extra set of eyes looking out for her, don't you think?" He gave her a small smile, nodding to himself. This, probably, was the correct course of action. He could protect her, and anyone else if needed from this poison... Though the white liquid still confused him. It didn't SEEM like poison... And what was with the piece of glass? Maybe he'd better ask... "So what's important about this shard?"

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-24, 01:16 PM
This was interesting information, allowing her to know where everyone was from. At the human's question Kassidy kinda tilted her head side to side making a slight sound of unsureness. "I mean, it is pretty bad to be honest." She paused before adding with a sad sigh "No one has the comfort of living in their own home."

"It was a bit of a shock seeing this land after leaving my own home," Kassidy admits. "But so far, I've liked it."

Melsermo
2015-12-24, 02:37 PM
"Mosstly Dark and humid. Mist thingss are dealt with through dealss...though you'd better be careful otherwisse you might get more than you bargained for. Ssouls are in high demand, and a misstep well, it'ss not alwayss sso pretty." Melsermo shrugged a bit, curling around himself on the barcounter a bit, glancing around at his surroundings.

YourWaifu
2015-12-24, 02:47 PM
"Really? That sounds awful." Anna reaches over the bar and puts her hand on Kassidy's. "I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll get better!"

Anna roots around the bar, looking for something. After a few minutes, she apparently finds what she's looking for. "Aha! I got it!" She passes a few keys across the bar to each of you. "You all can stay here tonight. It's the least I can do. It wouldn't be fair to make you all sleep out in the cold!"

"Kid, you really don't understand." Jaina sighs and rubs her face with her hand. "There's so much more to this than you'll know. I can't...I can't give you a good reason for it, and I wouldn't blame ya for just walking out right now. But...I can't let ya go with her. People would know something is up, and besides, you don't understand the situation."

"The shard? You can't know that yet. Maybe you can't ever know. I'm not sure...Perhaps...Perhaps my sister can tell ya more."

Please roll 3d6+Sensibility+Insight.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-24, 03:27 PM
Kassidy's expression lightens some at the sympathetic action. "Thank you. I plan on it getting better. Not sure how long it will take, but if things go well. My people will recover from their misfortune," she replies with a more cheery tone in her voice.

Seeing the key she takes it in one hand. "Ah, thank you for such a kind gesture, I really do appreciate this!" she stated truthfully.

Melsermo
2015-12-24, 04:24 PM
He flashed Anna another warm smile, or at least as warm as a fanged snake-bird can give. He gave another light bow as well before speaking. "Ah thank ye kindly misss Anna. Your hosspitality iss mosst graciouss." He wondered about when Sam would return but shrugged it off, coiling on the counter and looking over the guests.

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 04:32 PM
Sam looked her in the eye, pondering. "I know you're telling me the truth. Part of it anyway. You're... worried about something, aren't you? You can tell me." He waits patiently for an answer, knowing that only she could decide to tell him.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-24, 04:55 PM
While wondering how its drones were faring, Ziuzuna accepted the key from Anna with a token thanks.

Seeing that the curious chimera was no longer engaged in a conversation, now might be the best time for an introduction. "Greetingzz, friend. Our apologiez at thiz dizturbanze, but an introduction iz in order. We are Ziuzuna of the Zunlezzz Landz.", it said once it had Melsermo's attention then to continue the conversation, added, "Your abilitiez with wordz are mozt imprezzive, how did you develop zuch incredible skill?"

YourWaifu
2015-12-24, 05:29 PM
"I can't kid. Wish I could, but now it's up to you and Freya." She sighs, and then whispers, "For my sake, don't do anything stupid." She presses the items into your palm, looking into your eyes as she does. After a moment, she heads back up the way she came.

"Anna, I'm gonna need a refill, but make it rum this time. I need something strong."

Anna raises her eyebrows. "Did something happen?" She asks while looking at the various bottles on the shelves behind her.

"Just been a hard day. Nothin' you need to worry your pretty head about darlin'." Jaina says with a smile.

The tavern will be open for three more hours. Feel free to snoop around upstairs, talk to tavern patrons to hear rumors, or do anything else you can think of. You can still, of course, work if you like.

Melsermo
2015-12-24, 05:44 PM
"The pleassure of your acquaintance iss entirely mine. Adaptation to my environment I ssuposse you could ssay. In winter climatess fur coatss are grown. Where I'm from your sspeech and demeanor are everything, you learn how to converssate or...well..." Melsermo gives a bit of a shrug at that and chuckles to himself. After becoming more antiquated with his companions he slips from table to table, introducing himself in various ways so that as many people as possibly know his name. While he's up to this he decides he would make polite conversation, carefully fishing for rumours.
28 on persuasion roll to hear rumours/spread his name.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-24, 06:10 PM
"Ah, so now we may formally meet. My name is Kassidy," the wolf replied with a nod to the one before her. Taking time to adjust to it's way of talking.

Deciding to take a break from her work to enjoy the entertainment and drinks for the second hour. Maybe even see if she could find any other information about a 'mysterious donator' who gave to the needy. Or possibly some leads on 'King' John's weak points.

She asked for a drink before then taking a slow look over the paterons in the bar. Trying to discern the ones not worth her time from the promising folks.

Looking for people that might have information on rumors/how to best approach them.

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 06:34 PM
She was... serious about this. And counting on him for this. She was trusting something THIS important to a complete stranger? Was he the only one who could help her? A voice from two years ago floated across his mind, but he shook it away. He pockets the items, and goes upstairs after a small pause. He slides in front of the piano, and cracks his knuckles.

"If you don't mind Anna, I'd like a turn playing..."

He gently brushed a hand over the keys before striking a chord and opening his mouth to sing. The melody that comes out of the piano is haunting, almost... otherworldly.

"I am a question to the world,
Not an answer to be heard
Or a moment that's held in your arms.
And what do you think you'd ever say?
I won't listen anyway…
You don't know me,
And I’ll never be what you want me to be."

Music roll is 27.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-24, 08:06 PM
With the others taking another round of work, Ziuzuna informed the host it would be returning to the cellar to brew more mead. It was a rather effective use of an hour, but wondering whether the human -Sam, was it?- knew what their friend Jaina had given him interfered with the tranquil brewing...

Ziuzuna rolls a 17 to Brew Honey Mead

YourWaifu
2015-12-24, 09:18 PM
Melsermo flits to and fro from table to table, saying all of the right words and whispering all of the right things. Finally, after spending most of the hour listening to drunks slur and swear at you, you come across a grizzled old man. He's sitting in the back of the bar, completely alone. An eye-patch covers his right eye and he seems to be well into his sixties.

"Charming little thing aren't ye? Ye want to become a legend, aye? Become a name that spreads the kingdoms? A mighty goal for such a tiny little thing. Once ye get that big, though, ye need to watch you're back. Look back on the ol' legends. Not all of 'em ended well. Don't be famous for the wrong reasons, or someone will come a'comin' for your head. Or somethin' worse."

As Kassidy looks over the tavern's patrons, she comes across the same man Melsermo was talking to only moments before. He seemed to be sober enough, despite the drink in his hand, and his face alone told stories. As you talked to him, you learn his name is Abe, short for Abraham. He seemed to have a story or an answer for all of your questions.

"A donator to the needy, aye? Always one o' 'em. Haven't 'eard 'o one lately, though there is one thing...Ever heard the story of Frollo's Fox? No? Well I'll tell ya lass. A few months ago, or maybe a year, a fox showed up in the Archdiocese. Always avoided the place meself. Went once, but almost got burnt to a crisp. Anyway, this fox has been the only thing in years to fool Frollo's Inquisitors. People say he's stealin' and shippin' things back somewhere, but me? I think he's just 'avin' a bit 'o a laugh foolin' the ol' man. Nobody really knows what he's up to, or even knows if he's real...But I like to think he is. Always nice to 'ave a bit o' hope."

Sam's song went over well, but the thought of what he was holding was weighing on him. His song kept the patrons calm, but not his mind. He'd have to choose what to do at some point, but what should he choose? From what Jaina said, it seemed like the clock was ticking.

It didn't take long for Ziuzuna to finish up the mead. It was easy to get honey and mix it with a few other components, and even easier when you can make honey by just living. Just like with Sam, though, it's collective minds keep going back to Jaina and her favor...

Sam earned 1 EP, and Ziuzuna earned 1 EP.
The tavern will be open for two more hours.

FelixSparks
2015-12-24, 11:15 PM
Sam nods to himself and heads outside to deal with the pirates he'd knocked out earlier. And by deal with, he meant take all their interesting stuff.

Looting: 23 Identifying: 12

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-24, 11:23 PM
Listening to the older gentleman with intense interest, she can feel a cocky smirk pulling at her lips. Then he was up to something! Ar least if this is true. The man seemed to know what he was talking about anyway. Being sure to thank him with a firm handshake and wide eyes. It lifted her spirits, and gave her an idea of where she could go when they finished here.

Excusing herself for the time being from his company. Making sure to note it in her mind of the stranger and what he had told her. She would head upstairs. To find her room, and to perhaps take a peek here and there if no one was in their room. Downstairs in the main area still having rounds of drinks or in their beds heavily slumbering due to the alcohol from previous hours. Taking time to be careful not to enter a room with occupants still awake.

Appraisal and identifying what she finds!

Sneaky sneaky, through the door, without much noise will she stir.

Melsermo
2015-12-25, 02:18 PM
Melsermo had given the man a nod before he continued on his way, his words didn't seem to trouble him too much, though he did linger on the thought for a moment. he decided it wasn't worth the bother though and yawned a bit, settling over by the bar again. His serpentine eyes narrowing a bit as he scanned over the bar as he had done many a time tonight already. This time he decided to rest, closing his eyes just for a moment, he wasn't ready for sleep but he stayed still, simply listening to everyone for now.

YourWaifu
2015-12-27, 07:53 PM
As Sam roots through the pirates pockets and bags, he finds them oddly empty. There were coins, sure, but...not much else. He was about to give up, but he spots something odd. On the inside of one of the pirate's jackets, there was a pocket. Giving it a closer look, Sam notices a small piece of paper.

On the paper, words are written. Normally, Sam would be able to read these words, because they are in English, but he can't. Nothing on the page makes sense. The only thing he can understand is the signature: Adrian.

Something about the combination of the paper, handwriting, and the name Adrian makes you feel dizzy, as a memory comes back to you in a flash. You remember the salty smell of the sea, but also a sickeningly sweet smell. It almost makes you feel sick. You hear a man yelling "Adrian!" and stomping, besides that though, it's eerily quiet. That is, until you hear a woman screaming and yelling, "Hook! Hook, wait!" Her screams are so loud, that they knock you out of your memories and back into reality.

You gain 1 EP, and a Mysterious Note.

Kassidy walks upstairs, into a hallway. The hallway leads quite far back, and she can tell there are about twenty rooms. Kassidy easily picks the locks on the doors, and she can tell they're more to provide a sense of security than actual security itself. Even without very good tools, Kassidy can pick the lock within a minute. Clearly, these locks aren't very good, but Anna's customers didn't have to do that.

The first five rooms were empty. They must be the rooms that haven't been rented out yet, and four of them must be the rooms belonging to Kassidy and her new traveling partners. Most of the other rooms contain more of the usual finds, including coins, clothes, and daggers. Coming to the last two rooms though, Kassidy can tell there is something special about them.

Upon opening the first door, Kassidy can immediately tell the room belongs to Anna. Anna's room has a wooden music stand, and on it is a few pages of notes and music. Close to it, is a beautiful silver flute. It has ornate swirls burned into it, and it is of amazing craftsmanship. You have no idea how she can afford such an instrument, but the bar must be making more money than you think. Anna's furniture is all similarly ornate with floral patterns cut into each piece. On the dresser, there sits a hand mirror. It's made of silver and glass, and once again, very beautiful. Anna's choice in decor is starting to remind you more of nobility than a simple bar owner. One other thing strikes you before you leave the room. Anna's walls are decorated with a pattern of snowflakes.

Going into the other room, you can guess it belongs to Jean. You can guess that he's the other proprietor of the bar. His room is very mundane and simple, especially in comparison to Anna's. A key-ring sits on his desk, along with piles and piles of notes and letters. A quick read tells you the letters are nothing special. In one of his drawers sits a badge. It looks similar to wings with one set white, and the other blue. Above his bed, dual straight swords are mounted. They are of amazing quality, and are kept amazingly well polished. The hilt of each sword has a beautiful designed burned into the silver, and the steel of each sword has ridges carved into it, which you assume is for draining blood.

5 EP
3 Daggers: A close combat melee weapon. Gives +1 to Melee when used in Melee combat. Worth 1 EP each.
4 Sets of Pirate clothes: Clothes belonging to a pirate that can be used as a disguise. Gives +2 to Legerdemain, Deceit, and Intimidation (when the individual targeted is not a pirate) when worn. Worth 1 EP each.
1 Set of Fancy clothes: Clothes belonging to a diplomat or richer citizen. Gives +2 to Deceit, Persuasion, and Charm when worn.
Anna's mirror: An ornate and beautiful mirror. Worth 5 EP
Anna's flute: A beautiful and well-made flute. Gives +3 to Music when used. Worth 10 EP.
Jean's key ring: Keys to...something. Worth ??? EP.
Jean's odd badge: An odd badge you can't recognize. Worth ??? EP.
Jean's Straight Swords: Well-made and well-kept swords. Gives +3 to Melee when dual-wielded. Worth 15 EP.

For most of the hour, Melsermo rests his sleepy eyes, listening to the tavern slowly calm down and Anna's occasional singing. At the end of the hour, someone slides a piece of paper across the bar towards. Looking around, Melsermo can't tell who passed it to him. Whoever it was seemed to fade into the crowd and shadows so fast that it was impossible to tell who and where they are.

The paper is completely black, and when you open it, you notice the ink is in white and was written by someone with impeccable handwriting. You can read the following:

The Game waits for no-one, Melsermo. Don't interfere.
-The Friends
There is one hour left until the bar closes.

FelixSparks
2015-12-27, 08:17 PM
Sam reels from being knocked back into reality, a cold sweat forming on his brow. Was that... one of HIS memories? It had to be... right? He was there... Adrian was someone he'd known? More importantly... that voice... It was HIM. Hook... Hook knew Adrian? Or Adrian knew Hook? Either way, this Adrian seemed to be his next step towards his goals. He quickly thrust the note into his pocket and headed back inside. Now all he needed was more information. He began to chat up the patrons still in the tavern with a grin and a quick joke, leading the conversation towards the topic of his interest whenever possible...

Charm/Persuasion roll of 24 to find more info on Adrian.

GreenWolfKate
2015-12-27, 11:43 PM
Things went swimmingly well upstairs, which was actually really nice! Picking a few items out. Not too many though, never borrow too much as they say.

It wasn't too interesting though, until reaching Anna's and Jean's rooms. The amount of minute details of everything in Anna's room was surprising. She remembered that she had promised Robin to take from 'those who could afford it', which excluded those who had done nothing wrong as far as they knew. So she wouldn't take anything. Though she did take majority of her time in the last two rooms observing the items. Admiring the work that went into the things she saw. It was peculiar.

She tried to think if there was something to make a connection to any nobility she may have heard about with what she'd seen as she left the room behind her. Moving onto the other's room, her interest immediately peaked by the item. Taking it in her hands she looks it over closely memorizing and trying to place the shape to a memory if she had it. After looking over the badge she'd look at the swords appreciating the craftsmanship.

Once she finished, making sure everything was back where it was supposed to be she then went to the first floor to poke around for information. Seeing if anyone might know of any particularly tasty information about the other kingdoms and how they faired economically.

Takes 1 set of pirate clothes, 1 dagger, 1EP, 1 set of fancy clothes. Does not take any of Anna or Jean's items.

22 - Intelligence+Academics. Badge identification.
21 - Charm/Persuasion to get info about Economics.

Melsermo
2015-12-27, 11:55 PM
"Well I'll be...guess they would know where I wass up and about..." He seemed wide-awake now, folding the paper and tucking it into the band of his hat for safe keeping. "You know ass well ass I do. The game iss out big sshot, I won't make any promissess one way or another. Sspeaking of the game though... wonder if'n anyone around here is a fan of the gamble." He was quickly speaking to himself at this point, tipping his hat down to cover his face just a bit more. His eyes scanning aorund the bar, seening if he could notice anyone with cards, dice, or some other luck-based game.

Th Revanchist
2015-12-29, 01:56 AM
The bar was going to close soon, and when it did, Ziuzuna figured there would be far fewer prying ears. All the better, since it had what appeared to be "delicate matters" to discuss with those adventurous ones.

For now, it would be enough to bide time and brew Mead. There would be opportunities to talk with them during the night... Real adventurers didn't sleep, did they? Not that it would be a problem...

16 for any Honey Brewing this hour. Maybe I should bring some extra, as a peace offering? :)

YourWaifu
2015-12-29, 04:50 PM
Sam chats up the bar patrons, but it isn't as easy as he thought it would be to get information on this "Adrian" person. Everyone was drunk and about to pass out. When Sam was able to find someone sober enough to talk to, they had no idea who Adrian was. Even though it was clear Hook's sailors seemed to frequent The Mirror Kingdom, but even they were clueless.

After looking at the badge for a few moments, Kassidy remembers seeing it in connection to The Mirror Kingdom. Now that she's thinking of it, she also remembers seeing it on some of the Mirror Guards in the square. If Jean had one, he must be connected to the Mirror Guards in some way. Perhaps he was on leave, or was a former Mirror Guard. Even though he hadn't done much, you can see why Anna has him around, and why the Mirror Guards avoid The Cat & Mouse. Jean probably doesn't need any help policing the place. Tonight must've been a welcome break from his normal job of throwing people out.

When Kassidy goes back down to the bar, she fairs just as well as Sam. Most of the patrons were just lowly pirates, and most were drunk out of their minds. The ones that weren't completely drunk didn't know much about economy, and were just getting by without asking many questions, it seemed.

Melsermo easily spots a game of Blackjack. Sitting down at the table, he buys in for a few coins. The players are all pirates, but except for a few, they are all sober and alert. The game went well, just not for Melsermo. The conversation was pleasant enough, but Lady Luck was not in Melsermo's favor tonight.
You lost 2 EP, 1 EP to buy-in, and 1 EP for further gambling.

Ziuzuna continues brewing the honey mead like a good little bee-person, though, this time when you come back upstairs to report back to Anna for your earnings, Anna gives you a jug of the mead you just brewed.
"You've been working so hard the entire night, I thought it was only fair you got to taste a little of what you're making!" Anna explains as she hands over the mead.
Ziuzuna earns 1 EP and 1 bottle of Honey Mead.
Honey Mead: A popular drink brewed at The Cat & Mouse Inn. Worth 3 EP.

As the hours dwindle into the early morning, Anna bangs a mug on the bar. "If ya ain't renting a room, get out! Don't care where you're going but ya can't stay here!"

Jean takes a broom, using it to force people out of the bar, and even carries a few out or up to their rooms. As people file out, Anna and Jean start cleaning up, and you all get the idea that you should move upstairs.
The tavern is now closed. Feel free to move between each other's rooms, or do anything you wish on the upstairs floor.

FelixSparks
2015-12-29, 07:34 PM
Sam waits for Kassidy to pick a room, and promptly knocks on her door. "Kassidy, you there? It's Sam. I need a word."

Melsermo
2015-12-31, 02:00 PM
Melsermo grumbled but was smiling all the while as he played. (And lost), and when it was time to head to bed he quietly flew up. Hearing Sam speak he slithered out, speaking in a low tone. "Now iss thiss a private converssation or iss it ssomething all of uss sshould hear?" He gave a chuckle, the brows of his head raising and lowering suggestively.

FelixSparks
2015-12-31, 03:19 PM
Sam thought on Melsermo's question, considering. The bird certainly had a way with words, that much he'd learned... Perhaps he'd be a boon to have around. "Only if you're prepared to help me with what happens next."

Th Revanchist
2016-01-01, 09:51 PM
"Our thankz, Lady Anna. It waz our pleazzure to practize brewing.", Ziuzuna says with a small bow. It stored the bottle of mead somewhere in the armor, on the way upstairs.

Stopping when it saw the familiar serpent and human outside a door, it decided now would work be best. "Friendz of Jaina! How have you found the Cat and Mouze Inn? Szatizfactory? Even excziting?", it inquired, hoping to start a conversation before they could enter the room.

FelixSparks
2016-01-02, 01:37 PM
Sam nodded a greeting to the sentient swarm, thinking. Three fliers, and a fox... Simple enough to get her airborne though, with what he'd gotten. He should probably answer the question though. "I found something... And I'd like your help dealing with it, if you're free."

YourWaifu
2016-01-02, 10:25 PM
After a few minutes of knocking on the door, Kassidy opens it allowing you all in. She closes the door after letting you all in, giving you all a chance to talk about more private matters.

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-03, 01:23 AM
Once all of her new acquaintances were inside her room, closing the door she then looked them over. "Welcome to the party room," she states with a nod. "You say that you've got some things to talk about Sam?" Kassidy asks in a curious tone her ears twitching wondering what he might have learned.

It would be an opportune time to exchange what they've learned tonight from their work, and investigating. Though she did make sure that the window was securely closed before turning back to them.

FelixSparks
2016-01-03, 09:16 PM
Sam took a seat, nodding. "A few things. First, I have a trip I'd like to make to Mistvale, and was hoping the three of you would accompany me. I'd like to visit the capital, and there IS safety in numbers. Perhaps we could visit more of the country after that." Not the whole truth, but he wasn't willing to divulge Jaina's secrets just yet. "But before that... There's some personal business I have to take care of. I expect it to end in a fight, if he's here... I'm not going to ask any of you to come along, but I'd appreciate the help, especially with gathering information. Pirates and I don't exactly see eye to eye." Regardless of what the others said, he had to go find out what this... Adrian knew of him. But... If they were going to be travelling with him... He should tell them. He leaned back in the seat, taking a deep breath.

"I feel you SHOULD know... I'm a Lost Boy. And I'm looking for someone. As soon as I find them... Maybe I can start fixing things."

Th Revanchist
2016-01-05, 11:27 AM
"Loszt Boy? Thiz izz szurprizing... You muzt be skilled to have szurvived thuz far?", Ziuzuna stated. Sam's hatred of pirates certainly made more sense, though. "Misztvale izz a nize deztination... But your errandz do not conczern the Capital?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-06, 04:24 AM
The wolf girl thought over the young man's words carefully. He did have a point that numbers were safer than being alone. Even if they could handle themselves.

"Information? What kind of info are we looking for?" Kassidy asks with a raised eyebrow watching him closely. Pausing when she heard him say that he was a Lost Boy. "Who...are you looking for?" she added with a tilt of her head. Sitting down on the foot of her bed. Waiting for the answer before continuing their conversation.

A Lost Boy? She thought about it, it wasn't something you heard often, much less from someone of his age.

Melsermo
2016-01-06, 07:21 PM
"Losst boy hmm? Well I ssuposse that meanss I sshould be a bit more truthful with you all too. And 'ssidess I think we sshould sstick together. Though if you have any doubtss about that..." Melsermo slithered up to a higher vantage point and cleared his throat with a grin before his rattle started to tap in a rhythm. He seems to have contracted sudden singing disease which is very common.
Song for those that don't recall http://pastebin.com/4VdGutSK

FelixSparks
2016-01-06, 09:32 PM
Sam politely waits for the song to finish, the continues. His foot was tapping along during it, it was kinda catchy... He reaches into his jacket, pulling out the letter address to Adrian. "I found this on one of the pirates... It triggered a memory. I want to find him and figure out if he knows me. I... Don't remember much from the time I was in Neverland. I need to find out what happened. That's my errand here. My business in the capitol is a bit different. I'll take care of it when we're there."

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-07, 11:35 PM
The song was quite a nice tune to hear. Very interesting, not exactly what she was used to, but that didn't mean she didn't like it. Shifting her position on the bed to lean over to take a closer look at the letter in Sam's hands. "What's this?" she asks more to herself as she ponders over what it could all mean. She wasn't the best, but she might recall something from her time intervening letters before in the forest.

18 on seeing if she can help decipher anything.

Th Revanchist
2016-01-08, 12:17 AM
After silently enjoying Melsermo's song, Ziuzuna tried to read the note Sam had liberated from one of the unfortunate pirates. "May we szee thiz letter?", it asked, hoping for a better look.

Ziuzuna rolls a 28 to decyper the letter.

YourWaifu
2016-01-08, 12:31 AM
Together Kassidy and Ziuzuna easily decipher the note. They can immediately tell the note was written in English, but the code wasn't too hard to crack. Perhaps Kassidy has seen it or used it before. Close to thirty minutes later, the note has been deciphered. It reads as follows:

I hope the export went well. Please tell everyone that Hook is not happy. He says we aren’t expanding quick enough. I tried to tell him that our tactics won’t work outside of Never-Neverland, and we should just stay here for now, but he won’t have it. He wants to take a fleet out and try to get some of Yzma’s land, I think it was. We just don’t have the numbers for it. Smee even checked, and it’s just impossible. Please get as many of you back as possible, it’s important. He’s gotten cocky and we might lose everything.

Adrian

As Sam reads the letter, he gets a bad feeling about what this meant, almost as if his memories were trying to warn him of something, he just doesn't know what.

FelixSparks
2016-01-08, 01:16 PM
Sam frowned, a niggling at the back of his brain, a memory that lay just out of reach. How often had that been happening lately... It was starting to get on his nerves. But if Hook was looking to expand, that wasn't good. He couldn't do anything about it now... but after the fight... Maybe Hook would be weakened enough to take down some of his higher officers... Like Smee. But for now, he shook his head. It was too risky by himself. Even if his new companions offered, getting to Never Neverland was tricky enough, and he doubted they could do much to stop Hook. Not without more help or more experience in combat. But... Something about the end of the letter was bothering him.

Lose... Everything? That meant the ships, of course... the crew... Sam's eyes widened. "... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I have to go help Hook." Hook at least knew what he was doing with Pixie Dust. But if Yzma got her hands on it? He didn't want to risk that. "I REALLY don't like it, but it's better than the alternative... What do you guys think we should do?"

Melsermo
2016-01-09, 08:38 PM
Melsermo seems to be rubbing his chin with his rattle as if contemplative...he mumbles something about a swanky hat under his breath. "Well if it would sstop a worsse ssitation I don't ssee why we sshouldn't between you and ZiuZiu we sshould be able to pull ssomething off."

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-09, 09:27 PM
Kassidy was silent for a moment moving the information about in her head waiting for a while before speaking. She was sure that Hook wasn't good, then again, Yzma was definitely no winner either probably. A hand moving to her chin and rubbing it. "I suppose that might be the best bet," she muses slowly. They had tonight at least to sleep on it and make sure that they were sure of it in the morning.

[20]
Intelligence roll for Hook's Kingdom
[21]
Intelligence roll for Yzma's Kingdom

Th Revanchist
2016-01-09, 10:53 PM
"We will truzt your judgement... Though we are eager to szee what 'help' you provide the Captain.", Ziuzuna said. After a pause, there was a considerable amount of buzzing, but a moment later it died down. Ziuzuna wasn't sure what the "alternative" was, but Sam had shared enough secrets for one night...

YourWaifu
2016-01-10, 01:11 AM
Kassidy remembers a few things about Yzma and Hook as she probes her mind for any tidbits she might remember. She remembers that Hook is the main exporter of Pixie Dust, and many of his pirates carry the stuff. Yzma, on the other hand, is known for mass experimentation. You've seen pictures of humans there, but they don't look like it. Not anymore, at least.

After a bit of small talk and planning, the conversation dies down and you all go back to your respective rooms. The rest of the night passes uneventfully, as all of you drift off into dreams.

The morning seems to come even quicker than normal, and all of you can hear the hum of business on the first floor. This hum is nothing compared to last night, though, as that was more of a rambunctious banging that never stopped. You all make your way downstairs eventually.

As you go downstairs, you see an assortment of breakfast foods laid out on the bar. Some honey, preserves, butter, bread, fruit, and what looks to be oatmeal is all provided. You all also see Anna, this time dressed in a green cloak, having a conversation with Jean. It seems to be getting quite heated.

"I still don't think you should be going alone. Anna, please. Just let me come with you."

"But if you come, who's going to watch the bar?"

"Jaina can."

"Oh boo! She's always busy anyway."

"Then we close it. Your safety is more important to me than a bit of coin, Anna."

"I'm a big girl, Jean! I can handle myself! Now. I need to go rent a horse. Are you going to be reasonable about this or not?"

Jean sighs. "Anna. You're the one being unreasonable. Sit down. You at least need breakfast before you leave." Anna sighs, sitting down as she does, but not before sticking out her tongue at Jean.

New Map! (http://imgur.com/mfx7GzO)

You all get two lessons!

FelixSparks
2016-01-10, 01:19 AM
Sam yawns, coming down the stairs and catching part of the conversation. He smiles, sitting nearby, but his curiosity gets the best of him.

"Planning a trip, Miss Anna?" He asks gently, pulling a loaf of bread and an apple towards him.

Th Revanchist
2016-01-10, 09:31 PM
Ziuzuna takes a seat a little ways away from the food, before stating, "Proper nutrition izz important, Lady Anna. Your guardian izz very wise!"

Pausing for a moment, it continued, "Perhapzz more of hizz advize should be... Heeded?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-10, 10:04 PM
Quite an exciting conversation this early in morning? Kassidy couldn't help but listen as she sat down at the table, beginning to set up a plate.

"Hard to get people to let you do things on your own, huh?" she comments to Anna with a slight smile of understanding. Something that they could have in common. Not always being thought of being able to handle themselves. Taking a sip from her drink.

Melsermo
2016-01-11, 12:53 AM
"Ahh the ssweet ssmell of disspute early in the morning. If not for verbal joussting such as thiss we would grow to be complacent. Both ssidess offer their ssidess and neither iss particularly right or wrong." He yawns a bit, curling around a post at the counter, looking more like a draped rag than a living creature.

YourWaifu
2016-01-11, 06:27 AM
Jean sighs, taking a sip from his cup while Anna shovels food in her month, speaking in between bites.

"I have a very important appointment in Mistvale in a few days, and Jean is being a little meanie-pants and saying I can't go alone."

"Last time you went, you were robbed."

"But everything was fine!" Anna pouts, and then turns to Kassidy. "See!? He doesn't think I can handle myself."

"Anna. Handling it well is not throwing a few rocks at them and running away. That could've gotten you killed."

"But they got caught!"

"They won't always."

Both sides quiet down, waiting for the newcomers to offer their opinions.

FelixSparks
2016-01-11, 02:14 PM
Sam debates with himself for a moment. She's going to Mistvale? Someone who knew the road would definitely be more helpful... And Anna seemed very nice... Jean was against it because he was worried about her safety. So... Couldn't they just accompany her? Hook shouldn't move out THAT soon, and even if he did, Sam could hightail it to Never Neverland... He nodded, and turned to Jean.

"I've actually got business in Mistvale too, so I wouldn't mind accompanying her, if she'll let me. I'm afraid I've more business after that, so I won't be able to stay for very long... But I should be able to get her there and back fairly easily."

Th Revanchist
2016-01-11, 07:33 PM
Mistvale first? It seems Sam is willing to wait before stopping those pirates..., Ziuzuna thought, before adding its opinion, and asking, "We had planz to travel to Miztvale previouszly, Lady Anna. There would be no issuezz, if we were to travel with you?"

Ziuzuna hesitated a moment, before adding, "If nothing elze, izz there not szafety for all involved, with greater numberz?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-11, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, Mistvale, well we were already planning to head that way at some point. Kassidy thought over it. And girls should look out for each other. "I can sorta see where he's coming from Anna. But, I do understand the need to get going. Would you like to travel with me and my companions here?" Kassidy asked with a warm smile to the other woman.

"As long as you don't mind Jean," she adds after moment giving him a nod. She wanted to keep things light in her offer, so she spoke with a slight pep in her voice.

Melsermo
2016-01-11, 10:13 PM
"WHY certainly we wouldn't mind esscorting misss Anna to her desstination. It would be no sskin off our backss and everyone would be happier for it. Sseemss to me it would be in everyone'ss interesst if we followed thiss coursse of action." Melsermo bowed his head again with a flash of his grin.

YourWaifu
2016-01-14, 03:51 AM
"And how do I know that you all can handle yourselves. You all could be bandits for all I know." Jean explains.

"Jean, stop being so paranoid. I'll be fine, but he is right, I guess..."

"We have no idea who any of you are. Why should Anna go with you? Do you have money for horses? Do you even know where Mistvale is? What if you get lost?" Jean asks.

"I'd love to travel with you all because you seem like fun, though, but I guess you'll have to convince Jean first." Anna sighs.

Please roll 3d6+Charm+Persuasion if you want to try and convince Jean.

Melsermo
2016-01-14, 10:54 AM
Melsermo cleared his throat a bit, bending a wing to rest on his chest as he speaks. "You have my word that we will do everything in our power to asssure that Anna arrivess to her desstination ssafely. Now thiss issn't ssomething I ssay lightly mind you, where I'm from thiss iss binding contract. I would not offer if I wassn't fully convinced it was within our capabilitiess." As he speaks there seems to be a faint green glimmer in his eye.
31 to persuade, A Man pays his dues activated. Bonuses to achieve what he has promised but faces repercussions for failure.

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-14, 11:08 AM
"True enough. I can understand not trusting people, especially how some might appear." Kassidy slightly chuckles some rubbing the back of her neck.

She takes a moment to rotate her shoulders "I came from Nottingham. The group that I trained under had a very strict code on helping those who needed it," she states with a small smile.

She did feel a little uneasy, she didn't have her reputation from back home being known to prove that she meant her word about looking out for Anna. Hopefully her word would be good enough for Jean.

Charisma: 21 (not too bad)

FelixSparks
2016-01-14, 03:25 PM
Sam shrugs, swallowing the mouthful of food he'd taken in while everyone else was talking. He thinks for a moment, then looks to Jean. "Well, I've proven I can handle myself. If you want the full story, just ask. No promises you'll like it." He thinks for a minute, and chuckles. "Or that it won't cause a fight." He grins, grabbing another piece of bread and spreading honey on it, his stomach rumbling a bit. He hadn't eaten this well in.... Honestly he couldn't remember.

Th Revanchist
2016-01-15, 12:48 PM
Ziuzuna has never had a way with words, and so decided to leave the persuasion to the professionals. In truth, it didn't know how it could even go about convincing Jean...

Opting to just nod along to what the others were saying, Ziuzuna remained silent. Hopefully Jean would be convinced enough by the other's words.

YourWaifu
2016-01-16, 04:52 AM
Jean thinks on it, but Anna seems to jump at the offer.

"See!? They're nice!" Anna says excitedly.

Jean sighs. "Fine. If any of you do anything to her, you're dead." He replies, a silence settling between you all as he speaks.

Between bites, Anna asks, "So, it's a day and a half walk to Mistvale. Did any of you want to do anything before we head out?"

Give me a general idea of what you're going to do, if anything, before you set out. I'll time-skip accordingly. You can work, shop, ask for info, wtc. Basically all the normal stuff.

FelixSparks
2016-01-16, 01:37 PM
Sam thought for a moment, shrugging. "I wasn't really planning to walk, but now that there's two of you, that'll make it a bit trickier... I suppose I should do some shopping. Maybe find an instrument for myself, or a nice book to read...." He grinned to Anna, leaning on his elbows a bit. "Sooooo.... Is it an IMPORTANT errand?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-19, 05:01 AM
"Completely understandable! But I promise that I'll do all I can to make sure we all arrive in one piece," Kassidy states raising one hand showing her intentions.

"Hmmm, it'd probably be best to get a couple of things," she said in thought. Maybe Jaina could give her some advice on what might be best to get for traveling in this land? After all she seemed to make a pretty good impression on her for their first time meeting. "Are we actually going to be taking horses?" Kassidy adds curiously. If so, then she'd need to look at the price for renting one.

If needing horse, she will take a look at prices. Ask Jaina for her opinion on what would be best for traveling through the lands to the other cities.

Melsermo
2016-01-19, 01:03 PM
"Ahm alwayss ready to head out wherever the road doess take me. I think I'll just take it eassy until we depart. I can fly closse by, though I may need to rest on ssomebody'ss sshoulder when ah get tired." Melsermo gave a bit of a yawn, covering his mouth with his wing and pruning them a bit.

Th Revanchist
2016-01-23, 01:35 AM
Not surprised by Jean's... Warning, though certainly not pleased by it, Ziuzuna said, We wish to browsze the market briefly before departure. That iz all.", and noting to itself that Jean really didn't seem to have high hopes for them. It couldn't help but wonder if all successful Mirror Guards were so cynical?

When it has a moment, Ziuzuna will go out to look for Jaina's booth and purchase a nice-looking trinket as thanks for her advice yesterday. Nothing expensive, if it could be avoided...

YourWaifu
2016-01-23, 05:28 AM
Anna looks at Sam oddly, all while she stuffs her face with food. “Not walk? What, are you going to fly?!” She jokes, not knowing it’s true. “Important? Very! I’m going to meet up with a good friend.”

Looking over to Cassidy, Anna continues. “I’m gonna take a horse, but you all don’t have to! Might be a bit faster if we all get horses, though. If you can’t afford it, that’s quite alright. We’ll make do!”

After breakfast, Anna wishes you all well in your shopping, and tells you all to meet her back at The Cat & Mouse in an hour or two.

The first stop for all of you as a group is Jaina’s small stand.

“Back already, huh?” The woman jokes. “If you guys are gonna be buyin’ somethin’ today, I’ve got a special deal for ya.”

She jokingly puts a finger on her lips and pulls out something from the behind the stand. She drops it on the counter, dust flying everywhere. Jaina fans away the dust, and reveals the object as a book. She wipes the dust off of the cover of the book, and points at it as she reads it aloud.

“Fae Languages and the Fae Lands,” She reads. “Picked this up, oh, ten years ago now. It has to be ten at this point. Gettin’ older every day!” She laughs. “Anywho, picked this up when we were marching through the Fae Lands back when we could do that sort of thing. Maleficent wasn’t so crazy back then, ya see, and Grimhilde gave us some special equipment for everything we were fighting back in them days.”

“Everybody speaks common, but...them ‘Fair Folk’ don’t. Not that you wanna deal with them either way. They’re nasty little things, them. Never dealt with ‘em myself, but few of the guys did. Some of ‘em got lucky, real lucky. One of ‘em fancied this guy named Aleksander. He got anything he ever asked for, till we had to leave. Then she tore ‘im limb from limb. Found ‘im before she got to the torso. Poor guy. Wasn’t as bad as some of the other fellas though. Still, I heard some people use it as code, and it tells ya some decent information about Maleficent’s kingdom.”

“I’m sure you all aren’t just stoppin’ ‘ere though. Bet you don’t know all the good stores! Down there,” She points down an alley. “You take a left turn, then on your right, there’s a nice little music shop. Thought you might want it, considerin’ everybody’s performances last night. On the right, here, there’s a general store. If ya want anything else, feel free to ask! And, of course, there’s everythin’ you could want right around our little market!”

Here’s the inventory stuff! It costs 3 EP.

Fae Languages and the Fae Lands: Add one rank in Linguistics to reflect learning the language of the Fae. Whenever you make an Academics check regarding the Fae Lands or Maleficent, add +2. Worth 3 EP.

Here's the updated new map! (http://i.imgur.com/7igDjSC.jpg)

FelixSparks
2016-01-23, 10:29 AM
Samuel eyes the book hungrily, reaching for his pay from the previous night. A book on how to communicate with the Fae? That would certainly come in handy while looking for Tink... And for when or IF he had to deal with the Queen of the Fae. He puts the coins on the table, looking Jaina in the eyes.

"I'll take it." The grin on his face wasn't that of a savvy consumer, or of a predator that had caught a juicy piece of prey. No, it was the smile of a child who had just found his favorite toy again. He was getting closer... He could feel it. He'd learn the Fae Language, hopefully while they travelled... And then Hook was in for a surprise. He'd make sure of that.

Though he had spent all his money, he didn't regret it. A sheet of music or an ocarina might have been nice, but they weren't as important as saving Tinker Bell and the rest of the fairies. He'd still go look though. Maybe he'd get lucky?

[Potentially buying book.]

Th Revanchist
2016-01-25, 11:04 PM
Regarding the book curiously, Ziuzuna had been deep in thought, until their new friend expressed interest in the old book. Coming up with a quick plan, it only hoped the Lost Boy would trust it. "...Sam? Perhapzz you would find szomething of greater uze to you elzewhere? We... Undersztand your faszination with the topic... But would it be szated if we purchazed the book?", it asked after getting his attention. Its message delivered, it found its own money from last night's work, hoping to pay for the book.

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-26, 12:13 AM
"An old friend, hm? Always good to keep in contact," Kassidy replied with a smile. "How much do horses normally run?" she added out of curiousity. She was used to running on her feet with the rest of the Merry Men. So maybe it wouldn't be that bad if she skimped on getting one?

Looking to Jaina she grinned to the woman "Neat book, but not really my style," she states letting the other two look it over. "Hey, Jaina. I was wondering, got any good recommendations for traveling? Gonna be traveling with Anna," she adds. Jaina had a good sense of the town, so she trusted her to have reliable advice on what would be good.

FelixSparks
2016-01-26, 12:47 PM
Sam looked to the bees, contemplating for a moment. After a long, silent moment, he scooped the coins back into his pocket, nodding. "Maybe you're right. But I would like to check out that book later, if you don't mind." Perhaps the music store WOULD have something more his speed...

YourWaifu
2016-01-30, 06:43 AM
Anna briskly told you, Kassidy, that horses were roughly 5 EP for 3 days.

After you explain why you’ll be traveling, Jaina raises her eyebrows. “Anna, huh? She goin’ to Mistvale again? Never could understand why she insists on goin’ it alone...Anyway, about travel. Most of the roads have Mirror Guard patrols, so you should be safe. Stay away from the borders. Dangerous places, them. If someone tells you about a faster side-road or backroad, don’t take it. It’s almost always an ambush. Don’t trust any ‘travelin’ salesman’ either, always conmen or bandits.”

“As for terrain, you’d be fine walkin’ to Mistvale. Mainly plains ‘round here, but there’s a few small mountain ranges and a big valley down south. Be ready to camp, ‘cause it’s a few days away.” She advises.

After saying your goodbyes to Jaina, you follow her directions to the quaint little music shop. The music shop is a cottage like building, and you think the owner might live upstairs. Walking in, you see a few well-crafted musical instruments hang on the walls, and some more instruments and music paraphernalia on the counter.

An old man with a weathered face and cane stands behind the counter. “Welcome! What can I do ya for, travelers?”

Here are the goods currently for sale. If you want something else, you’ll have to ask for it.

Songbook [1 EP]: A book of songs. Gives +1 to Music.
Poorly-Made Lute [2 EP]: A lute made by an apprentice. Gives +1 to Music.
Well-Made Lyre [5 EP]: A lyre made with someone with skill. Gives +2 to Music.
Bonnaire’s History of Music and Noteworthy Composers [3 EP]: A book written by a musician, detailing information about music that could be interesting to scholars. Gives +2 to Academics checks about music.
Average Flute [3 EP]: A flute that is not especially well made or poorly made. Gives +2 to Music

FelixSparks
2016-01-30, 10:05 PM
Sam takes the advice, wondering if he'd run into any "salesmen" on the way there... If so, maybe a bit of reversal of fortune, and he'd nick THEIR coins... For now, he headed into the music shop, grinning at the elderly gentleman.

"Good day sir! I'd like this book, if that's alright." He picks up the songbook and holds the appropriate coinage aloft.

GreenWolfKate
2016-01-31, 12:15 AM
Listening to Jaina's words she smiled. "Thank you for the advice," Kassidy says in a warm sincere voice. She was very thankful for making what she considered a friend so quickly in this kingdom. Not too easy to do, so it was nice.

She'd decide to let the boys go to the music store by themselves. She wasn't much one to take that creative route. Instead breaking from the group and going to the general store. To browse what the owner had to offer. Thinking over what they might need. She had decided that she was going to pass on a horse. She could do fine on her own, besides that was a steep price for a rental she felt.

"Excuse me, but I'm looking for some supplies to last me a trip to Mistvale," she explains once finding the owner. Perhaps they'd be able to give her a deal if she picked the right items?

Melsermo
2016-01-31, 06:16 PM
Melsermo seemed to be glancing around the music shop, but didn't seem to be too interested in actually picking anything up. Inquisitive eyes narrowing as he browsed the wares. The only noises he made were soft and gentle, carefully moving himself about the room behind Sam. His forked tongue flicked about now and then, but he mostly seemed to be listening around, enjoying the atmosphere.

Th Revanchist
2016-02-04, 12:22 AM
Ziuzuna didn't pay the music shop much mind; it would much rather have started reading the text it had just acquired... But that could wait until things calmed down. They would no dount have more than enough time on the way to Mistvale.

After half-heartedly checking out some of the instruments, it decided to wait for the other two outside the store.

YourWaifu
2016-02-04, 06:17 AM
The man takes the book from your hand, looking it over. “Let’s see here...I’ll just need a few coins and I’ll let you be on your way.” He takes the coins from your hand, then hands you the book back. “Pleasant travels, my friend!”

The general store is a big building. It has everything from feed and wood to mirrors and dresses. It is quite general, indeed.

A small woman stands behind the counter, tapping her ringed fingers. She has quite the angular face, which currently has a disinterested look on it. She has short brown hair and several piercings and scars of her own. Despite her size, she seems quite tough. Over her pants, she has a belt with several weapons on it that you’re sure aren’t just for show.

“Mistvale, eh?” She says, walking out from behind the counter. “You some diplomat or somethin’?” You sense the disapproval in her voice as she speaks.

“Might not need too much, but it depends.” She walks over toward a wall of stuff. “Plenty of maps for the area, bedrolls, food, tents, knives, knapsacks, you name it, we got it.”

You may make a 3d6+Charm+Persuasion roll to convince the shopkeep to give you a deal. You can also ask for items.

Map of the Mirror Kingdom[1 EP]: Prevents getting lost while traveling in the Mirror Kingdom.
Bedroll[2 EP]: Prevents loss of Will from repeatedly sleeping without a bedroll or bed.
Food[1 EP]: Prevents starvation.
Basic Knife[1 EP]: A simple knife. Nothing special. Gives +1 to Melee rolls it is used with.

FelixSparks
2016-02-05, 08:06 PM
Sam pockets the book, heading out of the shop to wait for everyone else. "I'm ready when you guys are!"

GreenWolfKate
2016-02-07, 08:30 AM
Kassidy takes in the owner's appearance, though doing her best not to let her gaze linger too long. "No ma'am, a diplomat I am not," she replies noticing the tone that she spoke with.

"I'm not from this kingdom, if it's not obvious," she comments with a small half smile. "But I am traveling with some companions and thought it might be best to get supplies from someone who probably knows this land much better than I could hope to," she admits.

Following the woman she looks over what was there. "Going to be going by foot, and already was advised to avoid any 'tour guides' on the way there." Thinking over what might be best to buy she rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Might there be any way to make a bundle deal for these three?" she asks politely, pointing to the items, ignoring the knife.

Charm/Persuasion for a better deal. Not too bad... 15

Th Revanchist
2016-02-12, 09:53 PM
Not having any further business to take care of, Ziuzuna makes its way back to the Cat and Mouse Inn, once Sam and Melsermo finished their shopping. It couldn't help but wonder why it hadn't gone back after talking with Jaina, though... having spent most of it's money on that book, and not particularly needing anything else, it would have made sense to return straight away... It might even have had a chance to begin reading, had it returned earlier...

YourWaifu
2016-02-15, 01:15 AM
The woman seems to ponder the idea of a deal for a few moments, then shakes her head.

“Nah, no can do. Sorry lady, but its been a bad week. I need all the sales I can get.” The woman explains.

After purchasing what you need, you join the others, heading back to Cat & Mouse.

Anna ushers you all out the door almost as quickly as you enter. She looks a bit different than earlier, trading in her dress for more travel appropriate clothing. Her hair is up in braids and is wearing a simply shirt, coat, and pants. They’re quite plain, more in line with what you’ve seen the other Shimmer residents wearing. She has two bags, both almost full.

It’s only a short walk to the stables, and once there, Anna is given a large brown horse with big brown eyes to match. After that, you all begin your journey.

“So, why are you all going to Mistvale?”

Whoever is leading the party, roll 3d6+Intelligence+Travel or 3d6+Sensibility+Travel if you do not have the map. If you do have the map, you do not have to roll. Also, whoever is leading the party please roll me a 1d20.

GreenWolfKate
2016-02-15, 10:17 AM
Kassidy couldn't help but make a slight sound of disappointment in her throat at the response. Though she did understand why the shopkeeper couldn't make the deal.

Thinking it over she let a sigh leave her lips in thought. "I only have enough for two of these," she mused under her breath before shaking her head to herself. Taking the map and the bedroll, maybe she'd get lucky and be able to hunt a bird or something that could be cooked while they traveled. Taking out all the coin she had she placed them into the woman's hand at the counter.

At Anna's question Kassidy makes a nod of her head towards Sam "He's got an errand to do in Mistvale, so we figured we'd go with him. Since we've gotten along so well," she answers first before adding. "And since I've never really been out of Nottingham and it's land I figured that I could do with some sight seeing, educate myself on the other cultures, you know?" she then adds with a wide smile. Which was mostly true. One was better to know the system of a land's ruler before stealing from them.

Taking out the map that she had bought, Kassidy looked to the rest "So are we ready to go?" she asks, ready and willing to take point and lead them to Mistvale. Her tail wagging side to side some behind her.

Have map, so no travel roll. Rolled 18 on 1d20.

YourWaifu
2016-02-19, 08:12 PM
“Oooh! What kind of errand is it?” Anna asks, getting on the horse with ease. She arranges herself on the horse, moving her bags around.

“I’m ready to go! Oh? You have a map? Maybe you should take the lead then!” She says, noticing Kassidy’s newly acquired map.

After the subsequent nods and “yes”s, Kassidy leads the group down a well-trodden path. The journey is not a hard one, and it certainly helps to be in good company. The terrain is as Jaina described it, long expanses of flat plains. Anna makes small talk as you all walk along, keeping spirits high.

Around twilight, everyone begins to notice something odd. Gold pieces are strewn about the road haphazardly, and seem to go on for quite a while.

FelixSparks
2016-02-19, 09:11 PM
Sam turned to Anna, still walking himself, and gave a little shrug. "Just dropping something off for a friend. Nothing major." He smiled politely, keeping an eye on the shrinking town behind them.

As soon as they had gotten a little ways away from the town, Sam had left the ground, floating near the group, engaging in jokes and small talk. He liked this, not having to WALK everywhere. He'd missed flying, since he was trying to blend in, but out here in the wilderness it should be fine. It was a nice little flight... Until he noticed the gold on the ground.

"Um... Is that normal?" He looks to Kassidy, the one who he felt would have the most experience with this kind of thing. "Because this does not seem normal."

Th Revanchist
2016-02-20, 01:36 PM
"If the gold were uzed az a lure, would they not try to lead uzz off the path?", Ziuzuna asked. Arranged as erratically as the coins where, it could be a very expensive and poorly conceived trap... would brigands and thieves even have that much gold to part with, though?

At any rate, Sam was right; this definitely didn't seem "normal".

GreenWolfKate
2016-02-21, 12:53 PM
Kassidy was fairly pleased at how smoothly their journey had been going. That was until she saw the scattered gold, an eyebrow arching in suspicion.

Looking to the rest of the group when they voice their concerns, she makes a thoughtful expression. Handing the map to Anna for now. "I'll check it out," she tells them with a smile of reassurance.

Growing up with Robin, she knew a few of bandit tricks. So, she felt like that she'd probably be able to handle herself if it was something like that.

Walking forward some towards one of the coins she listens for any disturbances. Hand resting against the crossbow slung over her shoulder. Reaching them, she gives one a soft kick while looking around.

Ready to do a roll for seeing if she recognizes this as any sort of bandit trick or trap. Was thinking either Sensibility+Insight or Sensibility+Legerdemain(since it's related to determining if this is thieving trickery).

YourWaifu
2016-02-28, 06:49 AM
Before you even come across the gold, Anna almost falls off her horse. “YOU CAN FLY!?” She yells in distress.

Looking at her, she looks quite surprised and upset. She certainly doesn’t look happy. Anna begins to hum a soothing melody, keeping her head down as she does. When you all stop to look at the gold, she doesn’t. She doesn’t seem to even notice you’ve stopped or hear your questions.

Meanwhile, Kassidy can’t hear anything by the coins except for the rustling of trees and singing of birds. It would be completely normal, except for the massive expanse of coins in front of you. On closer inspection, Kassidy can confirm that they are in fact real coins.

Either of those rolls would work, Kate!

GreenWolfKate
2016-02-28, 10:40 PM
Kassidy wanted to check and see if Anna was okay, but she was still wary of the scattered gold. And with the promise of making sure that Anna made it to Mistvale safely also made her focus.

"Anna, can you wait for a moment?" she asks reaching an arm out to show the horse to stop if it hadn't already.

"They're real... Still strange that these are just about," she states looking back to her three companions.

The roll total for Sens+Leger to determine if some sort of thieves' trap: 27

Th Revanchist
2016-02-29, 08:57 PM
"It seemz there izz no trouble then?", Ziuzuna asks, adding, "Would it not be beszt to prezz onward?".

After a moment of intense thinking, it also decides to ask, "...You would advize againzt taking theze coinz, yezz?"

FelixSparks
2016-02-29, 11:24 PM
Sammy looked to Anna, tilting his head a bit as he hovered in the air near her horse. "Well... Yeah? I mean, I'm a Lost Boy! I thought the hints I was dropping were pretty good... I'm sorry Anna! I didn't mean to startle you..." He looks a bit worried. He really didn't mean to scare her, or startle her or anything! He had spent most of the time until the coins in silence, trying to figure out the right way to apologize. He didn't have the most experience with girls, so he wasn't sure what to do about this... Maybe he'd ask Kassidy later.

YourWaifu
2016-03-06, 10:20 PM
Anna doesn’t seem to notice Kassidy’s request, but the horse does, and stops as Kassidy continues to inspect the coins. From her knowledge of thievery, Kassidy knows this is a common trick. While it’s still very likely that it’s a trap of some sort, it still seems out of place. Normally these coins would be leading to somewhere, but you can’t seem to see a particular direction they’re leading to. There’d normally be someone hiding out nearby too, but there isn’t a lot of areas to hide nearby. The area around the road is covered in flat plains without much to block someone’s view besides some sparse shrubbery.

At Sam’s words, Anna looks up with a mixture of fear and anger on her face. “I don’t know or care what that is. All I know is that whatever you’re doing is evil and dangerous. Magic shouldn’t be in the hands of people like you. It’s irresponsible! Have you seen the Fae Lands!? What about Arendelle!? Or the Archdiocese, the Sunless Empire, and the Shadowlands!? If Grimhilde knew she’d have you killed! If you refuse to listen to sense, so be it, but leave me out of it! I’d prefer to keep my head, and my kingdom, as they are.”

FelixSparks
2016-03-07, 02:42 AM
Sam bristled a bit, but kept himself back. They were watching her. He had promised he'd take care of her. For now he should just explain.

"It's not magic of my choosing. It's because of where I was raised. Why is it less okay for me to fly than the snake? The TALKING bird-snake I might add. Or the talking fox lady? Flying is literally all I'm capable of." He paused at the mention of the other kingdoms, his face contorting in rage for a moment before he took a breath, forcing himself to calm down. "No. I haven't. I've only seen Arendelle, and only from afar. That's why I'm trying to change it. First,I have to find Tinkerbell and Peter. Then we can start fixing everything. Even if I have to go talk to the rulers myself. I was hoping to start with Queen Grimhilde, she might be able to point me in the right direction." He nods, looking to Anna. "And if that bothers you, then we can go our seperate ways once we reach town. I'm sure that's when Kassidy and the others will split from me as well."

Th Revanchist
2016-03-07, 08:31 PM
Mildly curious why the colony of talking bees wasn't counted among the stranger parts of their group, Ziuzuna decided to largely ignore the argument between Anna and Sam. It wasn't the one who had a way with words, and any input from it would probably not help...

It couldn't help but note that magic must be rather frowned upon, though. With Anna's list of "places ruined by Magic". And no doubt much longer list of heads, it would be safer to keep theirs down for now.

After momentarily considering counting how many coins they pass, or possibly sending some drones to claim some, Ziuzuna settles for just watching for anything suspicious on the path (besides all the gold). That would be helpful, right?

Observation Check(?) 15
Drones will try to be as discreet as possible, and start with 1EP worth of gold. If nothing happens after that, it will instruct them to get up to 5EP, for now.

GreenWolfKate
2016-03-09, 08:08 AM
The strangeness of the layout of coins made Kassidy feel uneasy. Jumping some at the sudden outburst from Anna, followed by a slight annoyance at being called a fox by the flying human. They were both making a lot of noise. Which was pushing their luck if this was actually a set up.

"Look both of you. I'm sure you are upset, but we really don't have time to be out here bickering. I don't know why this trap is so messy, but it's probably no good. I say we should get moving, soon," Kassidy spoke up holding back a growl in her throat from the earlier mix up of what she was. "Alright? We can talk about what's classified as 'bad' magic later if you really want," she added with a deep sigh.

Magic wasn't a common occurance in her own lands, so she didn't have much to base her judgement on. She'd motion for the horse to continue walking. At least it was listening to her. She'd lead the group, while wanting to pick up some extra coin, she knew better than to let her guard down. What would the Merry Men think if she got tricked by this?

YourWaifu
2016-03-11, 05:20 AM
Anna begins to look a bit like a scared animal. Her eyes flick from person to person, occasionally looking off into the scenery.

“What you don’t understand is that Melsermo and Kassidy won’t kill me by simply being near me! I’ve seen much...odder chimeras and beasts than these two. It doesn’t matter how you came across your magic, just that it exists. How am I supposed to know that you aren’t lying and that you won’t try and assassinate Grimhilde!? All magic is good for is evil, unless it’s in the proper hands.” She yells. She stops, though, after hearing Sam speak of Grimhilde. She bristles, and you all can see anger flash across her face. “You’ll never be able to talk to Grimhilde! The closest you’ll ever get is when she watches your head get caught off by the guillotine!” Her mouth opens, like she wants to say more, but she doesn’t. There’s a moment of silence before she says calmly, “Please just leave me alone…”

Before any of you can do anything, Anna kicks the horse, sending it sprinting off, leaving you all in the dust.

FelixSparks
2016-03-11, 08:31 PM
Sam's eyes widened at the mention of a guillotine. It made him pause for just a moment, and her horse took off before he could respond. Had something happened to her in the past? He quickly shook himself, digging Pan's dagger out of his belt and tossing it to Kassidy. He growled, turning towards the direction Anna had run off to. He'd made a promise. And there was NOTHING that would stop him from keeping that promise.

"Kassidy, sorry about what I said, was trying to prove a point! Hold this for me, it's probably more important than my life!" With that said, he braced himself and took off after Anna, soaring through the air and not caring who saw. So what if Grimhilde saw? So what if anyone saw? He had to catch her before something worse did. He'd apologize and walk the rest of the trip... But he'd rather face the guillotine than let something happen to her after he'd given his word.

GreenWolfKate
2016-03-11, 08:52 PM
Kassidy watched the two argue back and forth. Her attention completely focused on the human who was so angered. It was surprising to see her look so upset. Frowning some at the last sentence.

Jumping back when the horse is heeled into charging forward. "Anna! Wait!" Kassidy called out, looking to Sam as he spoke. Hand catching hold of the dagger firmly. "I'll take care of it and we'll be behind you!" she called out after him when he took off.

"Come on, we can't let anything happen to Anna," Kassidy told Melsermo and Ziuzuna giving a nod in the direction before taking off on foot. She might not be able to fly, but she had her legs. It wouldn't let her catch up fully, it was better than being left behind completely where she couldn't give any back up if Sam needed it.

Making sure to keep the smell of both/either of Sam and Anna to track them while following in case she loses sight of them.

Th Revanchist
2016-03-11, 11:35 PM
It's attempt at carefully claiming some stray coins ruined, not because it was found out, but that Anna was more important than a few pieces of gold, Ziuzuna droned in irritation. Perhaps humans dealt with stress differently, but running off, alone, while a trap was most likely waiting to be sprung was not a good decision, by any means. Which would be fine, had they not promised Jean to protect Anna...

Recalling its errant drones, Ziuzuna hurries more quickly than it would like after the three - on foot, though, in case another flier only made Anna's condition worse. It was pretty certain Melsermo was the faster of the two, so didn't offer to carry the chimera.

YourWaifu
2016-03-12, 01:58 AM
The four of you run off after her, Sam and Kassidy losing sight of Anna, Melsermo and Ziuzuna coming close to her, and Ziuzuna only a few meters behind her. While running and flying after her, Ziuzuna and Kassidy notice something. They can hear a faint cry for help.

FelixSparks
2016-03-12, 01:19 PM
Sam, being completely oblivious, doesn't hear the call, nor can he keep up with the horse at this speed. Damn horses were fast! He kept flying in that direction, hoping he might catch up to her. "Anna!" He called out, hoping to get a read on her location. She didn't have to like him, she just had to stay safe until they reached their destination. Then they could go their separate ways.

Th Revanchist
2016-03-12, 04:15 PM
Ziuzuna was so focused on catching up to Anna, it was surprised it even heard such a telltale cry for help. While it would have liked nothing more than to help whoever it was calling out, Anna's security came first, especially since it was already so close.

Hopefully the one crying out could hold on a while longer... At least now it would have something to stop Anna with, though. Helping someone in need was something else humans did, right? If not, it could always take Sam to investigate.

None of that would amount to much if it couldn't actually catch their employer, so in the meantime it would focus on that.

GreenWolfKate
2016-03-14, 07:52 PM
Keeping up to the best of her ability, Kassidy's ears twitched catching someone's cry for help. Looking around her, she wasn't one to abandon someone in need. So far trusting the three that she had meet hadn't let her down so far. "I'll go check out what that was, you go on ahead without me. Don't let Anna get hurt!" she calls out to the rest. Letting them continue without her. She hoped that she was making the right call on this.

Coming to a quick stop she listens for a few moments to determine where the cry is coming from. Heading in that direction. Mindful since she was still wary from the sloppily put together trap they had come across. Grabbing hold of her crossbow, in case there was a need for it. She didn't want to be caught off guard moving as best as she could to avoid being seen on her approach.

Sensibilities Rolls
Travel:25
Insight: 21

YourWaifu
2016-03-15, 01:41 AM
Ziuzuna, Sam, and Melsermo charge forward towards Anna, keeping their pace. Anna’s horse doesn’t slow down either, keeping all of you in it’s wake. Sam’s cries get lost in the noise of horse’s hooves slamming down on the ground and the wind whipping past. At this pace, they wouldn’t be able to catch up.

Kassidy, however, searches the plains for the source of this cry. There wasn’t much to hide behind, besides a few bushes of course. Walking farther into the plains, she notices that there are some very small hills. Covering the ground are pieces of a carriage and boxes that weren’t noticeable from farther away, perhaps because someone had hastily covered them with some of nearby shrubbery. Getting closer to the carriage, the cries getting louder, and only a few yards away, you find a heavily injured man partly obscured.

An arrow juts out from the man’s side, and he has several lacerations on his head, neck, arms, and torso. His legs are heavily bruised, and he’s completely covered in blood.

“Th-th-a-ank g-g-od.” His quiet, raspy voice sounds relieved, but it’s difficult to tell with how disjointed and difficult it is for him to speak.

To further examine the man, you can roll 3d6+Sensibility+Insight, to calm him down you can roll Charm+Persuasion, to attempt to help him medically roll Intelligence+Science.

Th Revanchist
2016-03-17, 06:47 PM
Exceptionally annoyed at Anna's stunt, now, Ziuzuna racks its brain for a solution. If yelling for Anna to stop was going to work, it probably would have worked by now (or, more likely, she wouldn't have run off in the first place!), and at their current pace, they wouldn't be able to catch up... Attacking or otherwise debilitating the horse was out of the question, unfortunately, since it would probably hurt Anna... but perhaps it could get her attention more directly?

Removing it's helmet, it attempts to throw the piece of armor, still full of bees so it could communicate with their errant innkeeper, to Anna and her horse. In case that wasn't going to work, though, it keeps running, so as to not fall behind.

Robustness+Ranged Check: 21

FelixSparks
2016-03-19, 03:43 PM
Sam kept flying, biting the inside of his cheek. It didn't seem like he'd catch up with the horse... But what else could he do? All he could do right now was continue after her, hopefully in time to intervene if any danger appeared.

GreenWolfKate
2016-03-19, 04:34 PM
Slowing herself at the sight of the debris scattered about and covered, a bit more wary than before. Her ears twitching as she listened intently. Pausing when she sees the person before her. Making a slight face at the severity of his wounds.

Taking a few steps forward slowly she looks him over and bites her lip some.

"Alright, take it easy. What happened here?" she asks calmly approaching him. She knew that there wasn't much to hide behind, but that didn't mean that she was out of the danger. If this man's condition was to go by. She didn't want to start doing something that she didn't know much about.

Examining Injured Man Sens+Insight: 21
Trying to keep him calm Charm Roll: 20

YourWaifu
2016-03-20, 12:57 AM
Ziuzuna throws it’s helmet, but throwing something while flying at a moving target is a lot more difficult than it originally thought. The helmet ends up on the side of the road before the bees carry it back. It’s aim was more impacted by the situation than expected, it seems.

Anna doesn’t seem affected by anything around her as she continues to sprint along on her horse.

It isn’t hard to see the man’s injuries. As you noticed before, an arrow juts out from his side. Getting a closer look at the man’s legs, you can see his ankles are large and swollen, a large gash on his chest looks very infected, a wound on his neck is bleeding slightly, but doesn’t look very deep, and his face is quite bruised. His arms have some superficial wounds as well, but they don’t look as bad as the rest of his body.

The man doesn’t seem too calmed by your presence. He seems too distracted by his wounds to really process what you’re saying.

“H-h-hur-r-r-t-s-s s-s-s-s-o-o-o m-m-m-u-u-u-ch. H-h-h-h-el-el-p-p…” The man stutters.

Because it’s a bit difficult to read, the man is saying “Hurts so much. Help…”

You can continue trying to calm the man with Charm+Persuasion (with the +2 from Peter’s dagger), try and remember cures/medical information with Intelligence+Science or Intelligence+Academics, or try and heal the man with Intelligence+Science.

Th Revanchist
2016-03-26, 10:53 PM
Ziuzuna was at a loss for how else to get Anna's attention. For now, it resolved to just not lose the one they were supposed to guard. Perhaps they would get lucky and she would calm down soon, on her own?

GreenWolfKate
2016-03-27, 07:17 PM
With all the various injuries Kassidy felt her lips turning downward in a frown. This wasn't good. "I'm going to try, just take slow breaths alright?" she says calmly doing her best to keep the other from moving or speaking too much. Not really experienced with treating wounds, after all she had Little John back home who helped her when she got hurt.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts "Okay, okay, let's see what we can do." Thinking back on what she could remember from Little John treating wounds.

Charm roll+ Pan's Dagger

Int roll to remember medical things

FelixSparks
2016-03-27, 07:36 PM
Sam cursed, biting the inside of his cheek. He was never gonna catch up this way... A thought occurred to him as he was worrying. If he couldn't catch up to her from behind, why not meet her up ahead? He stopped where he was and shot straight up through the trees, trying to spot the road from above!

YourWaifu
2016-03-29, 06:21 PM
Flying upwards, Sam sees the road stretch far into the horizon, staying straight except for one crossroads. There are two roads in the distance, one leading to the left, and one leading to the right. The two roads are quite far off, and Sam guesses they’re a few hundred meters in the distance.

Straight ahead, a small group of people are huddled in a tent in front of a caravan and horse. A man steps out of the tent and runs into the road, waving his arms. He seems to be attempting to flag you all down, but Anna narrowly dodges the man, continuing on past him. He doesn’t seem to notice Sam, but he does put himself right in Ziuzuna’s way. Ziuzuna can hear him yell as it approaches the man.

“Please stop! We’re in need of help!”

The man doesn’t calm down as Kassidy attempts to help him, in fact it seems like he might be getting more delusional. He begins murmuring to himself, and his breathing gets faster and faster.

Remembering back to your time spent with the Merry Men, you think that you should try and stop the bleeding from his wounds as fast as you can by applying pressure with some sort of cloth. You don’t think he’ll last very long out here without proper treatment.

You can continue trying to calm the man with Charm+Persuasion (with the +2 from Peter’s dagger), try and remember cures/medical information with Intelligence+Science or Intelligence+Academics, or try and heal the man with Intelligence+Science.

FelixSparks
2016-03-29, 07:21 PM
Sam nods, hurrying towards the crossroads while staying a bit above the road, hopefully while keeping Anna in sight. This way, they would at least know where she went...

"Ziz! There's a fork in the road up ahead! I'm gonna try to catch her there, or at least keep track of her!" He called down, rocketing back after Anna.

Th Revanchist
2016-03-31, 06:32 PM
Ziuzuna stops, so it can land in front of the man. Noting Sam's announcement, it hoped he would be able to stop Anna. Addressing the interloper, and considerably annoyed at the unwanted distraction, it says, "What izz the meaning of thizz? We have more preszing matterz than...", pausing to look at the man's... home? before finishing with, "...aiding a caravan.".

GreenWolfKate
2016-04-05, 12:56 AM
Shaking her head to herself to keep her calm, Kassidy looks quickly for something to use to slow the flow of blood. Grabbing whatever seemed the cleanest and most useful looking cloth she'd press it firmly to to the worst of the wounds. "Oh good graces," she murmured to herself. It would be best to try and stop the immediate threat of bleeding out so she could think more clearly about what to do for him. Biting her lip as she worked on his worst wounds.

Intelligence+Science to slow/stop the bleeding
[20]

YourWaifu
2016-04-05, 03:37 PM
Sam flies towards to the fork in the road, but while he was looking at the road ahead, he lost track of Anna. It only takes a few minutes for him to get to the fork, but he has no idea of which pathway they went down.

“We’ve been attacked. Our leader, Aleksy, is badly hurt, but we haven’t been able to find him. Several of us have also been badly injured. There was an ambush, and we think the bandits have gone now, but we’re not sure where they went to.” The man explains, clearly one of the calmer members of the group. “We don’t have much with us, but we’d be willing to pay for your service if you could only help us to get under the protection of the Mirror Guard. There’s an outpost no longer than a day and a half from here, but we’re afraid of another ambush tonight to...finish us off. Please. Take pity on us.”

Ripping off parts of his clothing, Kassidy is able to slow some of the man’s bleeding on some of his more major cuts.

“Caravan...Help….” She can hear the man mumble as she helps him. He seems a bit more coherent as Kassidy slows his bleeding, but he’s still far from healthy.

Th Revanchist
2016-04-05, 07:30 PM
Deciding against asking if it was the caravan's gold strewn down the road, Ziuzuna thought very hard for a moment...

It had a previous contract, so as unfortunate as these people's circumstances might be, unless Anna could be secured, and then further persuaded to help them, it was outside of their current mission.
If they could actually catch Anna, then unless her mission was time-sensitive, a detour so as to save these travelers would likely prove acceptable, although no guarantees could be made.
Worst yet, two of It's companions were an indeterminate distance behind, with Anna and the Lost Boy's lead growing forward by the second, and reuniting them would prove increasingly difficult...

Not willing to waste any more time in internal debate, and even more unwilling to argue with the unfortunate travelers beseeching it, Ziuzuna explains, "When we have reclaimed our charge, the Lady and her horze which nearly trampled you previouszly, our group may be able to provide aid. However, with your aggresszorz even remotely cloze, her szafety is paramount." It's piece said, it thinks for another moment before adding, "If you could help to szecure our charge, it would only szerve to protect your own people..." before trying to leave.

If the man (perhaps the second-in-command of his caravan?) attempts to speak, Ziuzuna will instead stop and listen.

FelixSparks
2016-04-07, 09:10 PM
Sam frowned, landing lightly and searching around for an indicator of which way she'd gone. She'd just passed through, and at a high speed, so he might be able to catch her...

GreenWolfKate
2016-04-07, 09:44 PM
Giving a soft growl of frustration as she tied off what she could with the torn clothing. She'd then focus to his words and breathing once more. "Hey, concentrate on me. Where's this caravan?" Kassidy asks attempting to make sure that the man would stay conscious.

Charm for having him stay focused [18]
Medical Roll for Healing [18]

YourWaifu
2016-04-11, 02:40 AM
The man shakes his head, continuing to plead with Ziuzuna. He reaches out for you, trying to stop you as you leave.

“Please! We’re in no condition to move, and we’re just sitting ducks out here!” He looks like he’s going to cry. After a deep breath, he takes off a locket from around his neck. It’s shaped like a mirror and it’s reflective, just like a mirror, but it has hinges. “If...If you’re not going to help...Please give that to my wife, Adrianna Kolminski, and my children.”He says quietly. If you leave him, he lowers his head and slowly walks back to his caravan and the people in and around it.

The path is covered with horse tracks leading in both directions. Sam can’t decipher which ones belong to Anna and which ones don’t. Since this is a well known and well worn path, there are all sorts of foot-prints. It’d be quite difficult to pick out Anna’s horse’s hoofprints from the bunch.

Besides being able to stop the bleeding, Kassidy can’t do much else with the torn clothing. She is able to see that his bleeding is slowly, but surely stopped. It wouldn’t cure him completely, but it gives him time.

“....Mistvale….Jakob….” He mumbles. Most of it is unintelligible, but Kassidy is able to make out a bit of it.

FelixSparks
2016-04-17, 12:05 AM
Sam grumbled, unable to make sense of the number of tracks. He supposed he could wait for the others... but they'd split up a while ago... If he was going to find Anna, he'd have to move fast. Going with his gut, he took off, going down the right path. If he had his dagger, he could use it to mark his passage, but he'd lent it to Kassidy... Urgh. No point in that now. He quickly ran on, hoping to catch sight of Anna.

GreenWolfKate
2016-04-17, 03:07 AM
Some time was all she needed. He said that there was a caravan? So there were others, maybe she could manage to figure out a way to get him to his group while the bleeding had been stopped. "Do you know where they are? Or the general direction?" Kassidy questions. Doing her best to try and catch a whiff of anything other than blood that she could be able to track. Looking at the wreckage to perhaps devise an easier way to move the man. He wouldn't be walking anywhere.

Charm+Peter's Dagger
Sensibility+Insight for finding something to use as some kind of stretcher
Sensibility+Insight+2 for picking up on the caravan scent and not the blood

Th Revanchist
2016-04-18, 11:54 AM
Against its better judgement, Ziuzuna stayed to talk with the man a moment longer. The Lost Boy would be able to calm Anna down, right? "Mizter Kolminszki, we have every intention of helping you and yourz, including your miszing leader... Alekzi? If you would sztop delaying uz, it would be to the benefit of your entire group. The szooner we can find Lady Anna, the szooner we guide your people to szafety."

Hoping that it's explanation was enough, Ziuzuna takes the offered locket and stops. Would it even have a chance of catching up to Anna at this point? What if there was a fork in the road, and it took the wrong one? As much as it wanted to catch Anna, the chance of success was dishearteningly low. Perhaps it would be better to ensure the rest of their team was unharmed? Mr. Kolminski had claimed the bandits were gone, but... calling him reliable seemed like a poor decision.

Thinking it had wasted enough time mulling the predicament over, it set off to go find Melsermo and Kassidy, for when Sam returned with Anna.

Roll (to find the other party members) is pending.

YourWaifu
2016-04-22, 08:51 AM
Sam continues down the right path, but doesn’t notice any signs of Anna or her horse.

“Mmmph...N-oorth…” He says, but then contradicts himself. “S-outh.”

Upon further inspection of the area, Kassidy is able to find the rough canvas topping of the destroyed caravan and two large pieces of wood. Luckily Kassidy doesn’t have to listen to the man’s unreliable account, as she’s able to pick up a scent of sweat and many different people. Assuming that’s the caravan, it won’t be very difficult to follow. While it does double-up on itself and, mixes with a few other scents, it heads to the north-east for quite a bit.

To create a stretcher, please roll Sensibility+Mechanics. If you’d like to just drag him using the canvas, please roll Robustness+Athletics.

The man silently nods, allowing Ziuzuna to continue on.

While Ziuzuna tries to search for clues to where Melsermo and Kassidy could be, he has no idea where they went. There are just too many paths and footprints to tell.

To continue looking for clues, please roll Sensibility+Insight. If you’d like to move off of the road to continue looking for clues, please roll Sensibility+Travel to prevent getting lost.

GreenWolfKate
2016-04-24, 05:43 AM
Listening to the man contradict himself with an answer she focuses on picking up the scent. Better to trust her nose than a man that wasn't fully there. She grabbed the canvas and dragged it to where the injured was. "Okay friend, I'm going to put you on this and pull you. Try not to scream, I know its going to hurt. But it's the only way to get you back," she stated in a calm tone. Lifting the man enough to get him onto the material.

Robustness+Athletics to move this injured man

Th Revanchist
2016-04-24, 08:03 PM
Not pleased with the results of its investigation, Ziuzuna decides to move off the road. No doubt, there would be less interference off the beaten path.

Clue hunting: 14
Not getting lost: 18

FelixSparks
2016-04-24, 08:05 PM
Sam keeps heading down the path on foot, hoping he runs into Anna!

YourWaifu
2016-04-26, 09:01 PM
Kassidy picks up the man, and he begins making noises, trying to hold in a scream. His skin is damp with blood and sweat and hot to the touch. The mixture of fluids is gross, to say the least. The man is heavy, and Kassidy is quickly overwhelmed. She has to drop the man on the canvas, and he lets out a yelp as she does so.

The canvas doesn’t offer much protection for the man, and it irritates his injuries as Kassidy pulls him along. The sounds of his moans accompanies the two as Kassidy follows her nose. Travel is slow going, as Kassidy isn’t quite strong enough to pull the man for long stretches of time and the man is clearly needs some time for his injuries to calm down between each leg of the journey.

Unsurprisingly, Ziu has even more trouble trying to find clues off the road than it did on the road. All of the plants get in the way, and it seems like there are more animal calls out here. Everything could just be an animal or the wind rustling a bush. As it looks around for clues, it eventually realizes it’s traveled farther and farther from the road and it has no idea which way is back.

Sam continues down the road and there’s no sign of Anna. In fact, there’s no sign of anyone. There are no signs, no other travelers, no homes, no towns, just fields. There are a few birds singing, but not much else.

Th Revanchist
2016-04-27, 12:18 PM
Thiz isz not working..., Ziuzuna thought, taking one last sweeping look of the area before looking up. If there was room, it would get above the vegetation and try to find the road from a better angle.

FelixSparks
2016-04-27, 07:45 PM
Sammy groans, annoyed at his lack of tracking skills. And all these DAMN BI wait a second. If the Bees could talk... And Kassidy... Maybe one of the birds around here spoke English! It was, at the very least, worth a shot. With that, he cleared his throat, speaking to the birds near the road.

"Excuse me, my fine feathered friends! You wouldn't have happened to see a woman on horse back sprinting this way, would you? She had long red hair, a lovely dress, and is probably VERY angry at me. Any help would be appreciated!" Sam you are talking to birds and they might not even know your language. Way to go buddy.

[Roll of 25 on Persuade]

GreenWolfKate
2016-04-29, 07:35 AM
She didn't like being in charge of bringing such an injured man back to his folks. But leaving him wasn't really an option. If their group had stuck together, maybe one of the others would've had better knowledge on how to care for such severe wounds?

She shook her head before mumbling "Now's not the time to lose focus." Trudging forward through towards the caravan's scent. Hopefully the man's company knew how to take care of him, when they got there.

YourWaifu
2016-04-29, 10:10 AM
Ziu flies up into the air, weeds and bushes no longer obscuring it’s vision. It easily spots the road, being only forty or so feet from it. It doesn’t spot anything else, though.

One of the birds perks up. It’s very small and looks different from the other birds. In fact, you aren’t sure how you missed it before, but this bird is dressed up in what seems to be some type of uniform.

It’s body is mainly grey, and it has on a vest covering it’s midsection. The vest is also grey with a few insignias on the breast. The collar is white with an almost miniscule medal pinned to it. Tufts of yellow feathers can be seen poking out from under the collar. It’s wings are also grey, but are adorned with a few small, golden aiguillettes. It’s tail feathers are also yellow, and on it’s leg is a small metal cylinder.

“I can’t say I have!” A melodic feminine voice replies. It’s quite high-pitched and sing-songy, and it certainly matches the bird’s appearance. “Is there a problem? As a member of the Mirror Guard, it is my duty to protect the citizens of the Mirror Kingdom, and I would be happy to assist.”

Kassidy and the man continue along at a slow place for quite a while until they get anywhere. The stench of blood and death becomes even more apparent as she gets closer. Eventually she stumbles upon a few people.

There are two men, both injured, but only minorly. Near them is a small pile of bodies. It’s mostly horses, but there are a few human corpses as well. They seem to be looking around for someone, and look quite surprised to see you.

“Y-you aren’t one of them, are you?” One asks with panic in his eyes.

“Is that Aleksy!?” The other asks, noticing the man behind you. The injured man you’re carrying groans, and the calmer man almost immediately begins walking over. The panicked man tries to stop him, but it doesn’t work. “We have to help Aleksy!”

“But what if-”

“There are no buts. Aleksy is hurt and we have to get him back to everyone else!” He says, grabbing hold of the other side of the canvas. The other man looks around, but after deducing there’s no one around to ambush them, grabs the canvas as well.

“Thank you Miss. If Aleksy was in any state to talk, he’d say that as well.” The calm man states as they lead you towards a group of people in various states of injuries in and around the ruined husks of wagons.

The men pick up Aleksy and carry him to wagon husk with a woman inside.

“Maria! We found Aleksy, but-”

“Oh..Oh dear…”

“Can you-”

“There’s nothing else to do but try. I can’t guarantee anything, though.”

A man exits out of the main wagon and shakes your hand heartily. “Thank you. You’ve done more than you know, and we all appreciate it. If you can accompany us to Mistvale, I can provide you with anything you wish. Once our cargo is delivered, I’ll be forever in your debt, be it money, favors, or contacts.” The man swears emphatically.

Th Revanchist
2016-05-01, 11:46 AM
Figuring that now that it was in the air already, it might as well stay up there, Ziuzuna flew above the path, and continued to travel down it, still keeping an eye out for any people in the brush or down the road.

FelixSparks
2016-05-01, 07:01 PM
A talking bird. Holy crap he still had luck. And it was a member of the Mirror Guard... Looks like the luck he had left wasn't rooting for him. So Anna hadn't come this way... That was good. He'd need help to find her, and with the rest of his party preoccupied... It seemed he had no other choice. Not if he wanted to keep his promise. He turned to the bird, mentally berating himself for losing sight of Anna in the first place, and spoke.

"Please, I need your help. I was travelling with a group, when one of ours, Anna, who runs the bar, ran off! I'm... pretty much entirely to blame, but I promised I'd keep her safe until we reached our destination. Can you help me find her? If she didn't pass this way, she must have taken the other path!"

As soon as the bird agrees or blows him off, he takes off running towards the other path. If there was ANYTHING alive that still believed in him, he'd manage to catch sight of Anna!

GreenWolfKate
2016-05-03, 12:10 PM
The smell of death becoming so strong, her nose crinkles at the way it seemed to surround her. When the pile of bodies came into her sight, she felt herself ready in case these weren't the people she was looking for. Slightly relaxing when they recognized the man she was pulling behind her.

Kassidy was wary of them, understandable from seeing them with so many dead. "You're the caravan he was talking about?" she asked firmly keeping her guard up. Hearing that there was a name, and that he responded to it, she let the calmer take a hold on part of the canvas.

"Look. I don't know what all happened, but I did the best I could for him so that I could bring him to you. I figured that someone would be able to help him better," she stated, to make it clear she wasn't there to cause trouble.

She helped drag the very makeshift carrier to where they had the rest of their members. Giving a slight nod at his thanks. There'd be time to talk once they had the injured man, assumed to be Aleksy in the hands of someone who could care for his wounds. She took in the total of people and their conditions while she waited for the one that had lead her there to return.

Shaking his hand firmly in return as he listened to his words. "I would be more than willing to help you, but I have a group I was traveling with. I separated from them when I heard your man calling for help," she answered pointing up to her ears. "And I don't want to abandon them in the woods. I'm sure you understand my position," she tells him calmly. She was sure that the males could handle themselves well enough. It was just finding Anna that had her worried.

"There were four others. A human girl, red hair, she was riding a horse. A human boy, a bunch of bees that could talk, and what looked like a snake with wings," she explained giving a representative of height and size with her hands. "I don't know if any of you might have seen them?" she asked curiously watching the one that was being quite nice.

YourWaifu
2016-05-05, 12:05 AM
Besides the caravan, Ziu doesn’t notice anything while flying above the area. It’s just open plains with a few bushes and shrubs here and there as far as the eye can see.

“I’ll help you, of course, but I must know what caused her to run off. You may have to accompany me to the nearest Mirror Guard outpost.” She replies while stretching her wings.

If you want to lie, please roll Charm+Deceit.

The man nods. “While Aleksy is hurt, I’m the leader of this caravan. My name is Feliks, and the men who helped you are Casmir and Marcin. If you would like, I’m sure a few of our more able-bodied men would help you. A friend of your’s is a friend of ours, miss. I know I saw, the uh...bees, and the young lady on the horse run past but I can’t say I’ve seen any of your other companions.” Feliks offers.

“I know it may not seem like it, but if you help us to at least the nearest Mirror Guard outpost, I can make it worth your while. Our cargo is very important miss, but you’ve already done so much for us. I wish I could offer you more at this moment, but we’ve been so crippled by the attack. I can’t even offer you a hot meal and a place to sleep.” He adds.

While she looked around, Kassidy noticed the state of shambles the group was in. There were many injured men, women, and even children outside of the same husk of a wagon Aleksy was dragged into. A few more wagon husks dot the area, some better off than others. There’s quite a bit of people, around 20, and presumably more were killed, so this was a large caravan. A fire is going, fueled by wood from one of the broken wagons and people sit around it, not doing much.

FelixSparks
2016-05-08, 06:47 PM
Oh lord what now... He could lie to her, tell her something that wouldn't get him into trouble... Or he could tell her the truth, which would help his friend, but almost CERTAINLY get him into trouble... He weighed his options for a moment, and sighed. Peter would want him to help his friends first. Trouble can always be broken out of, after all. He steeled himself for a stern lecture or attack, and spoke.

"I can uh... Do a bit of petty magic. Notably, flying. It seems Anna doesn't like when Humans can do odd magic or seem out of the ordinary, so she took off. I just need to find her so I can apologize and lead the rest of my group back to escort her. You can do whatever you have to with me, we just have to find her!" In the worst case, he could always try to get back to Neverland... But he was afraid of what James may have done while he was gone.

Th Revanchist
2016-05-08, 07:39 PM
Where could they have gone? Perhaps our group managed to slip by, and is waiting at, or past, the caravan from before?, Ziuzuna thought, trying to ascertain where its teammates had disappeared. The only thing that seemed certain was that they weren't nearby...

Begrudgingly, it decided that there wasn't anything left to gain by searching for Kassidy or Melsermo. For now, it would return to the caravan to see if they were held up with that group. From there, it wasn't sure whether it would be best to lead them to the Mirror Guard as promised, or continue onward in the hopes of finding Anna and the others... but it could decide that later.

GreenWolfKate
2016-05-09, 01:04 AM
"Thank you Feliks, my name's Kassidy," she replied with a smile at his offer. "I wouldn't want to take too many of your own from here in case their needed. Though having one or two in case I need some assistance would be appreciated." The wolf stated honestly. She didn't know what kind of bandits they were dealing with out here.

"I can understand the situation, once I find my companions, I'm sure we could help you out. I'm just worried about Anna, I don't know how well she can handle herself," Kassidy explains. "As for finding them, I should be able to track down at least one of them," she added pointing to her nose.

"Once I find them and get them back here, we can talk more about what we can do for each other," she stated with a nod. Giving him a few moments to find someone to go with her, before taking a chance to try and catch someone's scent over the blood in the area.

Anna: (3d6+12)[29]

Ziu: (3d6+12)[24]

Sam (with dagger scent bonus +2) : (3d6+14)[23]

Melsermo: (3d6+12)[23]

YourWaifu
2016-05-11, 08:30 PM
The bird seems a bit taken aback by Sam’s statement.

“She has good reason to be scared! Any magic is a clear declaration of treason against the Fair Queen, unless you, of course, have a permit! I have to ask you to accompany me to the nearest Mirror Guard Post, where I will also alert the guards to send out a patrol for her. She’s most likely already there, as any citizen loyal to the Queen would do as advised and go to the nearest MIrror Guard Post to report any suspicions of treason and for their own safety.“ The bird chirps hurriedly, hopping from branch to branch.

As Ziu nears the camp, it starts to recognize a familiar figure. It’s Kassidy! She seems to be in conversation with the man it talked to earlier, the same man who gave it the locket. The man is smiling now, though, and waves to it as it approaches.

“Welcome back, my friend! It seems there’ll be one less of your people to find, miss.” The man chuckles lightly. He turns from them both, facing the few wagons and the people gathered around them. “Casmir! Marcin! Come here. You’ll be helping these two out, understood?”

The two men nod, and Feliks claps them on the shoulder. “Wonderful. I’ll leave you all to get started then. Good luck on finding the rest of your companions.” He says, returning to the group at large.

As Kassidy begins to sniff, she finds that Alex and Melsermo’s scents are too faint, but the musky smell of Anna’s horse and Anna’s own flowery scent is strong enough to pick up. Following it leads to a crossroads, and the scent continues down the left path.

FelixSparks
2016-05-11, 08:46 PM
Sam looks a bit alarmed. Magic was treason?! That wasn't his intent at all! He'd have to explain himself calmly and carefully...

"I assure you that wasn't my intention. I've just come in from sea, and didn't exactly have a way of learning Her Majesty's laws before landing. If at all possible, I'd like to apply for a license as soon as possible, to avoid any further trouble. I also didn't mean to alarm Anna... I had no idea the laws on magic were so strict here. You have my humblest apologies, and I'll gladly go with you to the nearest outpost if it will help sort all this out peacefully. If I may ask, how exactly DOES someone get a magic license?"

[Persuasion roll of 25]

Th Revanchist
2016-05-12, 08:42 AM
Taking stock of the situation, Ziuzuna says, "Impreszive, Mizz Kazzidy. It szeemz you have placated them.", and then asks, "Were you szeparated from the othersz azz well?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-05-19, 04:46 AM
"Thank you very much again," Kassidy tells Feliks with a blink as she hears him say that there'd be one less to find. Turning her head she seems surprised by the other approaching. "Ziu. It's good to see you're here," she admits with a nod to it. "Though I suppose that means you didn't have luck catching up with Anna," she muses under a slight sigh.

"I split off, because I heard someone calling for help, I was hoping that the rest of you would have an easier time keeping up with Anna than myself. I ended up finding their leader and bringing him back."

Looking to the direction that she had caught a scent of her target's trail. "I've picked up her scent though. If we can follow it quick enough, we could catch up to her and hopefully the others too," she adds with a sound of confidence. She was ready to go, tucking Sam's dagger into a loop on her pants she'd start down the road once Ziuzuna had processed the information.

YourWaifu
2016-05-22, 01:31 AM
“I can’t excuse such blatant disregard of our laws! Only the Fair Queen can grant such permits, and such cases are rare. You’ll have to come with me and we’ll figure all of this out at the guard post!”

Please roll Sensibility+Insight.

As the four proceed down the road, they eventually reach a crossroads. One road leads left, and another leads right. Anna’s scent leads down the right path.

“So, which way are we goin’?” Casmir asks.

FelixSparks
2016-05-23, 03:47 PM
Sam nods, not too sure about this. From how it sounded, his chances were very dire. He might have to meet Grimhilde directly in order to get a permit... And then there was the things Jaina had give him... What if they broke? Either way, there seemed to be only one path here without fighting, and without his knife, he didn't want to risk angering the authorities. For now, he'd simply follow the bird.

GreenWolfKate
2016-05-25, 07:20 AM
Kassidy stayed more focused on following the scent of her target. Letting the other's be on alert in case anything happened while they made their way. "Give me a moment," she says facing each direction for a short couple of minutes to make sure that she chose the correct path. "Right."

Th Revanchist
2016-05-26, 11:09 PM
"We purszued Lady Anna, but the horze eluded usz. The Lozt Boy wasz following her ztill, laszt we knew, though it szeemsz he met with... limited sucezz.", Ziuzuna explains.

Ziuzuna is fine trusting Kassidy's judgement, and follows her down the right path. It figured she would know a fair deal more about tracking, after all...

YourWaifu
2016-05-30, 04:21 AM
The bird jumps off the branch it was standing on and effortlessly floats ahead of Sam, leading the way. It seems to be purposefully flying both slowly and low to the ground. She leads him to the right of the road, taking him through an overgrown and wild patch of plain between the two roads. Every once in a while she tweets or whistles, but doesn’t say much. Eventually after about ten or fifteen minutes, they reach a point where the expense both in front and behind them just seems like more plains with neither road visible.

The two men nod and follow Kassidy and Ziuzuna as they walk down the road. They mostly stay silent as they walk, more focused on watching out for more bandits than conversation.

Th Revanchist
2016-06-01, 09:13 PM
While Ziuzuna would have been content to search for their errant Lady in silence, it felt oddly compelled to strike up a conversation with its traveling companion... not that it knew the first thing about any conversation, let alone a more casual one. Probably very suddenly, it asks, "Do you conzider yourszelf well-travelled, Misz Kaszidy?"

Roll result: 16

GreenWolfKate
2016-06-03, 09:58 AM
Kassidy would turn her head to look to Ziuzuna hearing it ask her about her travels. She took a moment to ponder over it. "I hadn't really left my home country much before now. But I did travel often in the woods and forests," she answered. "What about yourself?" she responded.

YourWaifu
2016-06-17, 09:45 PM
While continuing to walk along, the bird stops suddenly, as if she’s noticed something. She begins singing quickly, and within a few minutes a few more birds fly in. They don’t seem to be in any uniform, and there are birds of various sizes and colors. After a few minutes of frantic tweeting, all of the birds fly away, scattering in various directions. The bird in uniform then turns to Sam.

“Sir! Please stop for a moment!”

Suddenly Casmir interrupts Ziuzuna and Kassidy’s casual conversation. He grabs both of their arms (or in Ziuzuna’s case...waves through where an arm should be) and begins speaking in a whisper.

“Woah, woah. Something’s not right...See that?” He points to a red spot on the road that went previously unnoticed. “Blood. And ya see that?” He points to a spot by the side of the road where tall grasses are growing. “Bear trap over there. Saw it glintin’. I suggest we take it slow from here on in. Look,” He gestures to the sky where several birds fly overhead. “Even the birds know something’s wrong.”

FelixSparks
2016-06-17, 09:52 PM
Sam pauses, turning to his new escorting... friend. He tilts his head, a bit worried. He'd noticed the birds fly in, maybe they'd shared some information? Ugh, why didn't he know how to speak bird?! Time to bemoan his lack of a formal education wasn't now though, so he simply asked what was on his mind. "What's wrong? The other birds seem a bit anxious. By the way, you can call me Sam, if you'd like."

Th Revanchist
2016-06-17, 10:01 PM
Opting for the simplest solution, Ziuzuna decides to float far enough off the ground that it shouldn't trigger any bear traps... Not that they would be particularly dangerous, to it. Perhaps the increased height would help it spot any more of the traps?

Since they had more important matters to focus on, Ziuzuna also lets the conversation drop. It would be unfortunate if one of its companions fell prey to a trap because they were distracted.

Trap Detection: 17

GreenWolfKate
2016-06-22, 02:12 PM
There was no hesitance to stop for Kassidy. She was glad that the other two were also looking out for trouble too. "Good eyes, for spotting that," she states with an appreciative look. Head turning up to watch the birds in the air.

Turning her attentions to two things only. Tracking their friend and avoiding the traps. Taking her time with their progress. It wouldn't do any good if they got hurt before they found Anna.

YourWaifu
2016-06-26, 04:52 AM
“It’s not anything to be concerned about sir!” The bird tweets back in reply. “We simply have to wait for a moment for our safety.”

The other birds continue to fly around, filling the air with sounds of bird calls. After a few minutes of loud cawing, tweeting, and singing, the uniformed bird makes something of a sighing noise.

“Oh...Oh bother...This is no good! I hope you don’t mind, but it’ll be a bit of a longer wait than I originally anticipated...There are some…complications…”She explains.

Ziuzuna doesn’t notice any other traps as it flies above the ground, nor does anyone else it seems. The group continues on, slowly and silently. Bird calls fill the air as the group walks around the traps. A few meters down the road, the entire group spots something odd.

Drawn in the dirt is a large, circular symbol. It’s quite detailed with several lines, some curved and some straight. It isn’t immediately recognizable either. It seems to be done purposefully with only a few footprints and disruptions around the symbol.

If you want to try and recognize the symbol, roll Intelligence+Academics or Intelligence+Linguistics.

Th Revanchist
2016-06-26, 11:49 AM
Rather wary about a random, large symbol in the middle of the road, Ziuzuna keeps its distance from the strange assembly while studying it intently. Judging by the scuff-marks, most of the people who passed by had also tried to keep their distance...

Intelligence+Linguistics: 31

FelixSparks
2016-06-26, 10:48 PM
Sam listened carefully to the guard, frowning. For their safety? If waiting would mean safety, that meant danger was nearby. Danger that could impact his friends... Or that caravan. His eyes widened, and his hand shot towards his hip on reflex, where Pan's knife would usually be. He looked to the blank spot in his belt and grimaced, then turned back to the bird.

"So while we're waiting here, someone's in danger. Someone like the citizens of this country, that caravan we passed, or the people I met last night who were travelling with me. And you're telling me we're just going to wait here and let it pass, and maybe find THEM, instead of doing something about it? I don't know if I can agree with that. Exactly WHAT are we waiting for?"

GreenWolfKate
2016-06-30, 01:08 AM
Slowing to a stop when the group came across the markings in the ground before them. She looked at them from where she was, but had no real clue what they meant. She looked to the bees for their opinion.

"Any idea what this is for?" Kassidy asked in a quiet voice. Ears twitching to listen for anything that might approach them while taking in a deep breath through her nose to try and get a better idea of what might be happening around them.

YourWaifu
2016-07-04, 03:59 AM
Ziuzuna sees the symbol and instantly recognizes that it’s of fae origin. Offhandedly, it doesn’t quite remember the meaning after just skimming through the book it bought from Jaina, but it thinks it has something to do with a “warning.”

Casmir and Marcin walk up to the symbol and stop as well.

“You ever seen something like this?”

“No...You?”

“Never...” Casmir turns to Kassidy. “We don’t have any idea what it’s for, miss.”

The bird puffs up it’s chest, obviously annoyed. “Excuse me sir, but I am doing something about it. If you continue to resist, I’ll have to restrain you. I cannot tell you what we’re waiting for, but please be assured that it most likely won’t be long. If you excuse me for a moment, I have something to take care of.”

The bird flies quite a few feet away, but is still within Sam’s sight. Even though Sam can still see the bird, it’s difficult to make out what she’s doing.

Roll Insight+Sensibility if you’d like to see what the bird is doing.

Th Revanchist
2016-07-04, 11:12 AM
Hesitantly, Ziuzuna informs the others, "Take care, the szymbol izz a warning... Perhapz of imminent danger? A fae warning, spezifically."

It was quite curious just how the structure got there, as much as just what it meant, but alas! They were on a mission, and there wasn't time to conduct a thorough investigation... but would they be able to pass by without incident? If there were tracks leading away, on the other side, then someone will have made it past... Careful to avoid the symbol, Ziuzuna tries to look for any tracks on the road heading away from the strange rune.

FelixSparks
2016-07-04, 11:46 AM
Sam huffs, crossing his arms over his chest. She won't tell him what's going on, no one told him that flying was against the law... What kind of kingdom makes natural abilities ILLEGAL? Well... He supposed he could fly because of the pixie dust, but it was natural now! Still, crazy... He kept an eye on his escort, curious what she was up to.

Insight roll of 16.

GreenWolfKate
2016-07-06, 05:51 AM
Not knowing what the symbol exactly meant, brought a slight dreading sensation in her stomach. "Yeah, no need to worry about that, I'm not going to walk on that," she replied certainly. The fact that it had something to do with Fae didn't help with her uneasiness about the situation.

Taking notice that the other was examining for any signs of someone passing through. Kassidy would look for a path that went around the markings. She didn't want to hang around longer than they needed to.

YourWaifu
2016-07-11, 04:08 AM
Casmir and Marcin nod, stepping back to let Kassidy and Ziuzuna continue examining the symbol and area around it. In it’s short investigation, Ziuzuna sees plenty of tracks on the road heading away from the symbol. It can’t tell if any of them are fresh but there are plenty of them there. Kassidy sees that the symbol doesn’t take up the entire width of the road, so the group could easily walk around the symbol and continue down the road. In terms of other paths, she couldn’t spot any other routes immediately without closer inspection.

Roll Insight+Sensibility if you’d like to look closer for any other paths going the same way.

Looking over, Sam just can’t seem to make out what the bird is doing at all. She’s just too far away and too small to see properly. Whatever she’s doing, she seems to be focusing on it quite a bit, though.

FelixSparks
2016-07-12, 04:56 PM
Sam walked a few steps forward, but without flying, he probably wouldn't be able to get a better look, which was a shame. He didn't want to get himself in deeper trouble, or distract her from what was likely something important. So for now, he'd just wait.

Th Revanchist
2016-07-12, 08:58 PM
Satisfied with the results of its investigation, Ziuzuna will wait for Kassidy and the two humans to finish before crossing the Fae rune. The fact that there were any tracks leading away was enough to allay its concerns, so when the others were ready to move on, they could continue to search for Anna and Sam.

And of course, when their companions had been found, it would be able to research the warning they had found...

GreenWolfKate
2016-07-16, 10:05 AM
While they were examining the symbol on the ground she would also check around the road. She still had Anna's trail, so she was trying to see which way she had went from this spot. After all there was no guarantee that Anna had stayed on the path. She or the horse might've strayed away.

Sens+Insight Result: 18

YourWaifu
2016-07-24, 01:30 AM
After a few minutes, the bird flies back to Sam, landing on the ground in front of him. She looks up at him, then cheerily chirps, “The situation will be taken care of in about 30 minutes!”

While continuing to follow the scent and look out for a new path, Kassidy doesn’t notice any other paths Anna and/or the horse could’ve gone down. She also notices that the scent continues down the road, and doesn’t seem to divulge off of it.