PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Half-Drow

deathbymanga
2015-12-21, 11:24 PM
So, I went looking for a way to count as a Drow for class and feat restrictions, but I don't want to pay a +2 LA. I don't care about any of the features or abilities of being a Drow. Is there a way to just count as a Drow? Will being a Half-Elf with a Drow parent allow me to play a Drow specific Prestige Class?

torrasque666
2015-12-21, 11:32 PM
Yep. The answer is on page 63 of Races of Faerun.

Hint: Its your title.

deathbymanga
2015-12-21, 11:36 PM
Yep. The answer is on page 63 of Races of Faerun.

Hint: Its your title.

isn't that 3.0.

also, it doesn't say anything about qualifying for Drow classes, just human ones. and nothing about Feats

FocusWolf413
2015-12-21, 11:41 PM
There's a lesser drow with no LA in Player's Guide to Faerun. It's basically statted like an elf.

torrasque666
2015-12-21, 11:41 PM
isn't that 3.0.
It kinda is, but also kinda isn't. From PGtF, in the section about how its basically the 3.5 update to Forgotten realms.

Races of Faerūn andUnapproachable East anticipated most
of the changes in the v.3.5 revision, and
Underdark actually came out after the
revision of the D&D core rulebooks.

also, it doesn't say anything about qualifying for Drow classes, just human ones. and nothing about Feats
That's basically what the Drow Blood ability denotes. Qualification for feats and PrCs tends to fall under effects.

deathbymanga
2015-12-21, 11:48 PM
It kinda is, but also kinda isn't. From PGtF, in the section about how its basically the 3.5 update to Forgotten realms.

That's basically what the Drow Blood ability denotes. Qualification for feats and PrCs tends to fall under effects.

ok, thanks

Darrin
2015-12-21, 11:59 PM
There's also the Savage Progression Drow (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a), which breaks up the LA +2 into two template class levels that you can take whenever you like (or never, if you prefer).

Troacctid
2015-12-22, 12:02 AM
Half-Drow was updated to 3.5 in Drow of the Underdark. It's exactly the same as it was in PGtF, but without darkvision. (So, essentially, exactly like Half-Elf, but with Drow Blood tacked on.)

Dragon Magic also has the Deepwyrm Half-Drow which is a dragonblooded variant that is marginally better (IMO).

There's also the web enhancement Savage Progressions (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) version, which is LA +0 with two optional racial levels.