PDA

View Full Version : Need help pimping my pc

Nosta
2015-12-22, 04:54 PM
So I have a fighter/rogue pc
with a lot of money
we are using wealth bonus and my current wealth is 20
for magic items the dc for purchase is 1000 = 1 to the dc so a 36000 item is a dc 36
so I like a list of magic items that could be useful for a fighter 2 Rogue 8 pc

Terrador
2015-12-22, 05:27 PM
So... let me get this right, you can roll at a +20, then multiply that value by 1000, and if that's greater than or equal to the value of the item, you can have it? If so, how many rolls do you get? How many items can you get?

And as a rule of thumb--in general you want to have at least okay armor and weapons, though I personally think going in on the Biggest Baddest Weapon Possible is overrated in most cases. Your priorities are generally accomplishing stealth, getting your sneak attack dice, mobility, and survivability, in no particular order... standard issue may include a Ring of the Darkhidden, a Ring of Invisibility, wands of a couple of field control spells you'll want to deny Dex to AC--Grease, Glitterdust, you get the idea. Vests of Resistance are never unwelcome, and ability boosters are always nice (in particular you probably want Dex > Con, the rest can be done without but each one has its uses). If you want to get SA dice on immune types, you can buy up a Truedeath Crystal--big cost, and requires a +3 weapon to attach it to, but if you expect the DM to hurl undead and golems at you it could save your life. Mobility stuff... I don't play high enough levels to really know. You could just do it with a wand of Fly though, given that, y'know, Rogue/10.

Flickerdart
2015-12-22, 05:32 PM
So... let me get this right, you can roll at a +20, then multiply that value by 1000, and if that's greater than or equal to the value of the item, you can have it? If so, how many rolls do you get? How many items can you get?
I'm assuming the d20 Modern Wealth rules are in use. Essentially the way it works is:

You roll a 1d20+Wealth check against an item's DC.
If you succeed, you get the item. If you fail, you can't afford it.
Whenever you buy anything with Wealth DC15 or Wealth DC higher than your Wealth bonus, you lose some Wealth bonus.

So he can essentially get any item that costs less than 15,000, but anything higher than that will erode his Wealth bonus until he can't afford anything.

Terrador
2015-12-22, 08:46 PM
Buy wands of every Wizard/Cleric/Druid spell at Level 3 or lower. Proceed to become Batman.

OldTrees1
2015-12-22, 09:14 PM
You might be able to get some of this although most of it will still be too expensive (although cheaper versions/cheaper alternatives make sense).
Phoenix Cloak(MiC, 50Kgp)(Fly Perfect at land speed)
Third Eye Conceal(Mic, 120Kgp)(Mind Blank)
Banner of the Storm's Eye(MiC, 15Kgp)(Stun and Fear immunity aura)
Hathran Mask of True Seeing(UE, 75Kgp)(True Seeing)
Minor Cloak of Displacement(DMG, 24Kgp)(20% Miss Chance)
Ring of Blinking(DMG, 27K)(Blinking at will)
Dimension Stride Boots(MiC, 2Kgp)(Teleport 20ft 5/day)
Soulfire(BoED, +4Armor/25Kgp Bracers)(Immunity to Death Effects, Energy Drain, and Negative Levels)
Ring of Freedom of Movement(DMG, 40Kgp)(Freedom of Movement)
Dispelling + Greater Dispelling(MiC, +2Weapon/18Kgp Backup weapon)(3/day cl 5 targeted Dispel Magic, 3/day cl 10 targeted Dispel Magic)
Blindsighted(Und, +30Kgp weapon)(Blindsight 30ft)
Raptor's Mask(MiC, 3.5Kgp)(Immunity to Blindness)
Tooth of Leraje (ToM, 21.6Kgp)(1/day Greater Magic Weapon +5)
Cloak of Resistance +5 (DMG, 25Kgp)
534,850gp spent so far(under 19th level WBL)
+Ability Boosts
+Primary Weapon(would include some way of bypassing DR/magic, DR/damage type, DR/material, and DR/alignment, that might be the +2 Transmuting ability or Hank's Energy Bow)
+Primary Armor
Since you can get items less than 15K gp, you should pick up these at least:
Dimension Stride Boots(MiC, 2Kgp)(Teleport 20ft 5/day)
Raptor's Mask(MiC, 3.5Kgp)(Immunity to Blindness)