PDA

View Full Version : Player Help DnD 3.5 Prestige class

Brandel
2015-12-22, 06:57 PM
I was looking for a prestige class for my tank named brand and decided I wanted this class called Bodyguard. I found it on dnd wiki and I dont trust them so I am wanting to know is this class in a supplement book?

Troacctid
2015-12-22, 07:12 PM
Some random person made it up and posted it on the internet. It's not official material.

Doctor Despair
2015-12-22, 07:17 PM
I was looking for a prestige class for my tank named brand and decided I wanted this class called Bodyguard. I found it on dnd wiki and I dont trust them so I am wanting to know is this class in a supplement book?

You might want to look into the Knight class. It has a ton of tanking mechanics and is quite flavorful. :)

Brandel
2015-12-22, 07:57 PM
I am one level in knight but I want something like or this class. This class called bodyguard in on d20 and I want to know where it came from.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-22, 08:13 PM
This (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Bodyguard_%283.5e_Prestige_Class%29)? Homebrew. Don't feel bad, it's really hard to tell on D&D Wiki-- that's why it tends to be looked down on. The key is to look at the bottom of the page, where it mentions the file tree style thing: Main Page -> 3.5 Homebrew.

This (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/MSRD:Bodyguard_%28Class%29)? Official, but d20 Modern. Different system altogether.

DrMotives
2015-12-22, 08:21 PM
I haven't looked at bodyguard but there's a 3.0 class called Devoted Defender in the Sword & Fist book. The class is exactly a bodyguard, their shtick is guarding someone else and taking the hits for them, much like the knight ability "defend others" in some Final Fantasy games. The thing is, the class gets all their features in the first 3 level, after that they just keep adding +1 to other rolls after that. 3.0 PrCs are much lower power than 3.5 classes.

nedz
2015-12-22, 08:26 PM
There was a Fighter variant called Bodyguard published in Dragon Magazine (DR310 p33).

It's just Fighter with different skills and different feat selection.

This isn't a PrC, nor is it what has been linked to.