PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Primordial Incarnate Dustform Giant (Possible?)

deathbymanga
2015-12-23, 12:16 AM
So, first, the mechanics. Incarnate Construct can subtract 2 LA from a Construct and if it is Larger or bigger, it is now a Giant Type creature.

Dustform says that it looses all Special Attacks from it's base creature.

If this creature is also a Primordial Giant, would those PG powers be lost upon creation, or would it recieve those powers when the Incarnate Construct makes it a Giant? And if so, where does this added power come from?

and finally, what would be a good Large sized creature to start this mess with?

ZamielVanWeber
2015-12-23, 12:21 AM
I am AFB but IIRC primordial is inherited and incarnate construct is acquired so that does not work. You apply inherited templates before acquired.

deathbymanga
2015-12-23, 12:36 AM
I am AFB but IIRC primordial is inherited and incarnate construct is acquired so that does not work. You apply inherited templates before acquired.

So, Primordial Giant can't be acquired after it's been erased by dustform?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found the answer myself. Dustform ignores Special Qualities (Like Primordial Giant's Magical Knack) and only removes Special Attacks that were previously owned. Now the question is if Spell-like abilities count as Special Attacks

ZamielVanWeber
2015-12-23, 04:49 AM
Primordial is inherited. It cannot be applied after character creation; you would need the person to be a giant before you apply dust form and incarnate construct.