PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Building an Ike like character.

SilverSavio
2015-12-23, 10:33 AM
I'm building an Ike like character from Smash Bros and using the Path of War's Warder as my base class and I found an old thread where they were talking about weapon size shenanigans. Basically I'm just asking if all of these stack together.

Be an Oni-Spawn Teifling with the Oversized Limbs trait to wield a large greatsword, put Impact on there to make it huge, and then assume the Primal Warrior Stance to further increase its size. As far as I can tell all of these stack together, but my true question is do I get one size or two from Primal Warrior Stance. The short text says one but the longer text says two. So which is right?

stack
2015-12-23, 10:40 AM
Long text overrules short text.

Virtual size increases (impact, primal warrior) never stack with other virtual size increases. Actual side increases (enlarge person, expansion) don't stack with them others if the same type either. Virtual and actual stack.

Starting with a large weapon, primal warrior gets you 2 sizes, then enlarge person would get another.

SilverSavio
2015-12-23, 10:55 AM
But impact is a magical way to virtually simulate your weapons size increase and PWS is an extraordinary way to simulate it. Aren't they both technically two different increases. I know that Lead Blades and Impact don't stack, especially since one is already a prerequisite for the other, but these two work off of two different mechanics to do the same thing.

And Enlarge person is not a valid spell for this character since it is not a humanoid, instead it is Outsider(native).

Tuvarkz
2015-12-23, 12:01 PM
Mighty Frame feat from Bloodforge? effectively gives the +4, depending on your character subtype you might need to get another feat beforehand, but it should let you grab one-size larger weapons while staying humanoid.

Red Fel
2015-12-23, 02:00 PM
But impact is a magical way to virtually simulate your weapons size increase and PWS is an extraordinary way to simulate it. Aren't they both technically two different increases. I know that Lead Blades and Impact don't stack, especially since one is already a prerequisite for the other, but these two work off of two different mechanics to do the same thing.

Size increases are a special case. Ordinarily, yes, two benefits from two different sources might stack. But PF has made explicit the rule that you only get one actual size increase and one virtual size increase. Source is irrelevant. So if your goal is maximum increase, pick the one that gives you the biggest actual increase and the one that gives you the biggest virtual increase, and that's the end.

stack
2015-12-23, 02:12 PM
There is an alternate racial to make tieflings humanoid, if you are interested.

SilverSavio
2015-12-24, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the help, so I'm just going to keep my main set-up I have so that I can at least have a huge weapon all the time and push it to gargantuan when I want to do some more damage. It is just going to be hilarious to show DM this character.

Terrador
2015-12-24, 12:57 AM
...why the obsession with the giant sword? Ragnell really isn't much larger than a normal greatsword; thicker, sure, but I wouldn't hesitate to model it as a Large two-handed exotic.

SilverSavio
2015-12-24, 01:05 AM
I said Ike like from Smash Bros, and in my mind that concept is get a big sword. Then charge up a F Smash to hit them until the enemy disappear.

This is the way I have come up with to simulate this. I've come up with a back story for my character to get Ike's I fight for my friends theme but the main point is I hit evil things with my sword made up of d6s.