PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Makeshift fiend of blasphemy concept

Xuldarinar
2015-12-23, 12:26 PM
I was thinking back to the fiend of blasphemy prestige class from the fiend folio, and so a concept came to mind I wanted to share, and get feedback/advice on. I can't say this would ever hit the table, but even so it could be fun to discuss approaches.

A character (a mesmerist of the cult master archetype) is pursuing becoming a deity or demon lord, or at least act as an object of worship in proxy to a demon lord. They walk down the path to becoming a demon while trying to garner as much worship for themselves as possible.

Questions:

1. How would you approach the concept?

2. Which demon lords would make for the most likely patrons to such an individual.

3. To make this a fiend of blasphemy, and not just an ambitious mortal, there must be this answered; If a cleric worships the above individual, can the cleric acquire spells?

Defiantnight
2016-01-14, 11:23 AM
The Fiend of Blasphemy's Sponsor Worshipper feature grants the cleric full spells as long as the cleric is no more than twice the level as the Fiend of Blasphemy's class level. I'm not sure what happens when they go over, but I'm curious about the answers to the other questions as well :smallbiggrin:

Florian
2016-01-14, 01:32 PM
I was thinking back to the fiend of blasphemy prestige class from the fiend folio, and so a concept came to mind I wanted to share, and get feedback/advice on. I can't say this would ever hit the table, but even so it could be fun to discuss approaches.

A character (a mesmerist of the cult master archetype) is pursuing becoming a deity or demon lord, or at least act as an object of worship in proxy to a demon lord. They walk down the path to becoming a demon while trying to garner as much worship for themselves as possible.

Questions:

1. How would you approach the concept?

2. Which demon lords would make for the most likely patrons to such an individual.

3. To make this a fiend of blasphemy, and not just an ambitious mortal, there must be this answered; If a cleric worships the above individual, can the cleric acquire spells?

The rules have changed in-between editions here.
Take a look at Princes of Darkness, Vol. 1, "Becoming a Demon". There´s a task-based ritual build along the lines of doing it yourself with a sponsor.

The other option would be found in Mythic Adventures and Mythic Realms, obtaining a mythic spark and ascending along the mythic route. Of note here is, that a mythic creature can also grants spells/domains and has the power to temporally elevate a creature to mythic status.