PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the runelords as gmed by Corwin Icewolf IC

JennTora
2015-12-23, 06:40 PM
And so you've all managed to be in the small town of sandpoint on this 22nd day of the month of Rova, during the swallowtail festival, whether you seek to punch your horrible parents in the head, you grew up here, or you're simply passing through, you're here. those who enter the town from either road see a sign and a mirror by the gatehouse. the sign says "Welcome to sandpoint! please stop to see yourself as we see you!"

Inside the town, people gather around stalls, buying expensive clothes, food, at one point is an empty barrel with a sign that says "Free sweet rolls, while supplies last."

festival games dot the area, a weightlifting competition, that high striker game, a game called chicken kickin' where there are some tiles and you have to kick chickens to see if they land on a tile. aside from that are miscellaneous carnival games.

yes chicken kickin' like from fable

Weightlifting: A big guy with black hair looks at any passersby. "Hi there, If any of you ladies think you can do win, give it a shot."(he says this whether you're male or female, with a look of challenge on his face.

high striker: hit the lever, ring the bell, step right up.

Chicken Kickin': Step right up for chicken kickin'. see how well you can kick a chicken

1Freakinninja
2015-12-23, 07:27 PM
this is it! No? Yes? Argh.... maza hobbled into town, almost nervous, his odd eyes dart left to right, staring at everyone with a hungry and mad intent. He knew that this town was different than the rest, something is mentioned to happen here, he saw it damn it! He got a feeling, could it be them? Had it finally begun? Maza sighed... it had been a long day, he had walked very far to come to this place, this chance of finding the others, all while missing many a lunch, the bird goes to the sweet rolls, although nothing had yet sticked out, but he did get the slight suspicion that maza was ment to be here, maza moved up to the chicken kicking booth yes thank you sweet roll would be nice yes? Tell me if we win in the kicking of the chickens in this town, may we keep the chicken? the bird cocked his head oddly to the side

DrK
2015-12-24, 04:45 PM
Zarina

Zarina strode proudly into the village looking around eagerly at the busy and bustling village around her. She leant on the spear as she reached the edge of the cliff and looked at the sea and rest of the town below.

Leaving a trail of glittering motes of light behind her she approached the man shouting about the "chicken kicking". " Good day. I'm newly arrived in the village. When is the dedication of the Temple, also she grins, "How would I try chicken chocking?"

Q'telun
2015-12-25, 04:14 PM
Corrad pauses briefly at the mirror and sees a man in monk's and a week's worth of dirt from the road. He shrugs and keeps walking, ignoring the sights of the fair on his way towards an inn.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-25, 05:52 PM
Maza stared at the woman, wide beaked, he didn't know how to explain it, but somehow he knew, she was one of them, one of him, the chosen by the great master!!!! Maza hurried to her, only to spot a strange monk with the same feeling, Maza was wide eyed, unable to understand what is occuring, he felt off, this.... something.... was big.... the start of something that cannot be stopped... Maza hyperventilated as he pointed to the woman You!!!! You we talk soon later! Very important! The things are beginning!!!! he then takes out his hourglass and turns it over, eye twitching as he does finally, the great masters will!!! Ooooohhhh praise this day the mad bird hurries over to try and find the others.... his waiting might finally be over!!! DIRTY MONK MAN! WAIT LET ME SEE YOU

razorfloss
2015-12-26, 12:59 AM
Azair rides into town on top a gray wolf looking mount and briefly looks into the mirror at the entrance into the town and sees a young looking man with caramel skin with tribal tattoos and a bow and quiver on his back and tries looks into town only to see a bird person chasing after a tan looking man excitingly and thinks to himself It seems like this festival brings out the crazies as his mount whines for attention and points to the town with her muzzle. He looks at his mount smoke and scratches her neck Yes yes I know you are thirsty. We will stop in town so you can drink your fill and no you are not getting any ale it isn't good for you and last time I was the one stuck carrying you. You are not as little as you used to be. he says with a smile on his face

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-26, 02:20 PM
Venriel strode through the city gates, looking down upon the peasants he past. A pompous grin sat on his face as he observed the lesser people. First sign of civilization outside of Korvosa, and it's full of rubes. The tiefling thought. Mmm but it should be amusing to watch these fools waste their time...

Actually, the young devil-kin had not recieved a chance for rest for many months. And even less chance to let off some steam. Perhaps the game of torturing fowl will entertain. It does look ... satisfying... Venriel moved to the gathering around the chicken kicking competition.

"You there. Yes, you." Venriel singled out a member of the crowd. "Explain this game to me. What are its rules? And what reward my we receive?"

JennTora
2015-12-26, 03:09 PM
this is it! No? Yes? Argh.... maza hobbled into town, almost nervous, his odd eyes dart left to right, staring at everyone with a hungry and mad intent. He knew that this town was different than the rest, something is mentioned to happen here, he saw it damn it! He got a feeling, could it be them? Had it finally begun? Maza sighed... it had been a long day, he had walked very far to come to this place, this chance of finding the others, all while missing many a lunch, the bird goes to the sweet rolls, although nothing had yet sticked out, but he did get the slight suspicion that maza was ment to be here, maza moved up to the chicken kicking booth yes thank you sweet roll would be nice yes? Tell me if we win in the kicking of the chickens in this town, may we keep the chicken? the bird cocked his head oddly to the side

The woman Maza speaks about the sweetroll looks nervous, "Ah, as you can see, they're all gone, but hold on, I'm sure I have a pastry I can give to a hungry traveler."

She starts looking around and hands the crowman a delectable cake.

at the request the chicken kickin' man gives the crow an odd look. "Well, the prize is normally a chicken suit. I s'pose if you'd prefer a chicken it could be substituted. give it a shot."

Leaving a trail of glittering motes of light behind her she approached the man shouting about the "chicken kicking". " Good day. I'm newly arrived in the village. When is the dedication of the Temple, also she grins, "How would I try chicken chocking?"

"consecration's at sundown and it's not chicken chokin', it's chicken kickin', chokin' em wouldn't be very sporting, they're only chickens you know."

Maza stared at the woman, wide beaked, he didn't know how to explain it, but somehow he knew, she was one of them, one of him, the chosen by the great master!!!! Maza hurried to her, only to spot a strange monk with the same feeling, Maza was wide eyed, unable to understand what is occuring, he felt off, this.... something.... was big.... the start of something that cannot be stopped... Maza hyperventilated as he pointed to the woman You!!!! You we talk soon later! Very important! The things are beginning!!!! he then takes out his hourglass and turns it over, eye twitching as he does finally, the great masters will!!! Ooooohhhh praise this day the mad bird hurries over to try and find the others.... his waiting might finally be over!!! DIRTY MONK MAN! WAIT LET ME SEE YOU

Everybody just stares at the crazy bird, some laugh. Then everyone returns to what they were doing.

"Anyway," says the chicken kickin' man, "name's Max. I run a chicken farm, sometimes bring chickens to the butcher, Chod, Mostly I let them lay eggs. If you want to kick a chicken, you just kick the chicken on the butt, and try to land it on one of the tiles. at the end of the festival the winner gets a chicken suit, or a chicken I s'pose.

At noon, a priest in a blue robe (https://heroesrising.obsidianportal.com/wikis/father-abstalar-zantus) enters the town square followed by more blue clad priests pulling a covered wagon and asks for everyone's attention in a loud, magically enhanced, booming voice "good day, everyone, every year at this festival, we remember the story of how Desna warred with the wicked goddess lamashtu, who in her wretched womb bore all monsters, alas Desna was mortally wounded by the progenitor of all that is perverse, but a blind child happened upon her, and nursed her back to health. in return, Desna transformed the child into an immortal butterfly. it is time, release the swallowtails." and the acolyte's pull the cover from the wagon, numerous butterflies swarm out and fly away. children try to catch them, but somehow they always manage to avoid their hands. soon the taverns bring out their various foods, lunch is free to everyone, being provided by the taverns.

Zhentarim
2015-12-26, 05:58 PM
Ariel walked into town and sat in the middle of town square. The temple of Gozreh was to be erected this day!

DrK
2015-12-27, 02:30 AM
Zarina

The young woman shakes her head as she watches another person kick a chicken, the chicken did not look happy. She shakes her head cautiously before moving onto the "test of strength". Grinning she hefts the hammer. "Im stronger than i look" she mutters before swinging hard.

[roll0]

After playing she wanders the fair snacking on local delicacies and chatting amicably with those she bumps into. As noon nears she grins and moves to main square near bouncing with excitement before the priest speaks. Seeing a tiefling she scowls slightly, eyes tracking the fiendish one before being distracted by the sights man riding a wolf and a small bird like creature.

Any further thoughts are cut short as the priest speaks and the butterflies fly free. Excited she releases a glittering halo of light, Desna's purple butterflies fluttering and shimmering as they frolic in the light of Desna's gift, a pair alighting on the spear in her hand.

Smiling at the children she lifts one easily to allow her to try and catch more of the swallowtails...

Q'telun
2015-12-27, 02:49 AM
Corrad stops and turns to face the mad tengu. "I don't know you, I think you're looking for someone else. I've been told I have one of those faces."

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-27, 04:45 AM
Chicken suit? The prize is that? Why someone would willingly make a fool of themselves like that is beyond me. Looking away from the games, Venriel caught the scowl that a woman in the crowd gave him. For or moment he tensed up, but then slowly relaxed. She's too ... different ... to be from Korvosa.

Venriel flashed a scamp like grin and gave a small nod to the strange woman, before turning into the crowd to sample to local 'cuisine'.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-27, 10:54 AM
The bird looks worried as he is handed a piece of cake instead of a sweet roll... this is a bad sign..... by the games.... this is a bad sign!! he gives the cake a sniff and puts it into his backpack... just.... shoving in it in there....

Ad the monk speaks, the tengu spots "the others" in the middle of corrads words maza bursts into snorts and extremely high pitched mad and joyful laughter, it's then that he begins to see the priest... by the gods gods...
He....he's different. he looks to his hourglass and back to corrad.I fear for how much time is left until the beginning begins, I must speak to a man about a chicken suit. Consult a shiny lettered man an look at a dead carcass, here take these maza handsthw monk a pair of earplugs , gingerly giving them to him in exactly 4 years, 7 months 5 weeks, and 8 minites these might just save your life

Maza quickly runs off in the direction of the priest, on his way he punt kicks a chicken, turns to the teifling very very good to eye see you!!! and runs off to the priest.

Yes.... I bought earplugs literally just for that, you never know :p

Also... roll time!
Str
[roll0]

And dex
[roll1]

razorfloss
2015-12-27, 01:49 PM
As Azair rides into town he sees the bird man confront the tan looking person only to be rebuffed wonder what that was about he wonders aloud as he heads toward the Inn only to be stopped by the sight of a priest of Desna releasing a swarm of purple butterfly's that seem to concentrate around a tall otherworldly woman and her spar. *whistles in appreciation* Now that is a pretty sight .

1Freakinninja
2015-12-27, 11:10 PM
Maza seems to go glassed eyed for a moment, stopping dead in his tracks.... a bit of drool goes down hit mouth.... he is stopped right in front of a girl sitting on a bench, about 3 feet away just staring into nothingness

Q'telun
2015-12-28, 03:19 PM
Corrad is left with questions and a pair of earplugs. He pockets the prophesied items and finds a place to sit and eat lunch.

JennTora
2015-12-28, 11:36 PM
As the festivities wind down into the sunset, anyone new to the festival finds that the games have no real prizes better than a chicken suit, which is presented to the oracle maza. The others offer little other than bragging rights, and a few free rounds of ale from impressed townsfolk. At sunset the mayor sounds a thunderstone but before he begins to speak he's cut short by loud singing.

"Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump
goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
we be goblins! you be food!"

initiatives in ooc please. If you want to roleplay more do so first, but I worry things might get forgotten if we don't get them moving.

razorfloss
2015-12-29, 12:59 AM
Azair stares contently at the otherworldly woman until smoke barks sharply to get Azair's attention. Alright alright i'll take you to for water. shesh impatient aren't you. Smoke barks smugly in reply. He heads towards the stables with smoke following behind him only to see the bird man about to receive his prize of a chicken suit and thinks to himself A chicken suit really even the madmen will be hard pressed to accept it and snorts, only to see him go glass-eyed and stare off into the distance. At the same time smoke raises her hackles and starts to growl into the distance. Whats wrong girl!?! sounding slightly alarmed only to hear what to seems to be a goblin warchant off in the distanceBy The hawk!!!! GOBLIN RAID!!!!! He draws his bow in response and readies an arrow.

DrK
2015-12-29, 01:49 AM
Zarina can feel the strange eyes upon her as she plays with the butterflies and dances with the children. Trying not go be alarmed she makes sure to never be more than a few hesrtbeats from her spear.

Resting between dances sipping an ale the shout of "goblin" brings her alert as she spons the long spear around twirling the curved angel spear like a twig as she settles herself into the Scarlet stance.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-29, 09:59 AM
Maza accepts the grand prize of the suit of chickens, he sees it like a symbol of his mighty creators will... then he sees it.... in a flash he witnesses fire, burning, death.... he hears the cry for goblins, the hourglass is about to run dry. oh no.... not this for the beginning happening... maza looks around at the npcs all around him.... most destined to die, he has seen it. master guide them.... he draws his basted sword

Q'telun
2015-12-29, 10:35 AM
Corrad is on his feet in a flash when the call goes up and dashing towards the sounds of the goblin chanting to intercept the foul beasts.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-29, 12:36 PM
Hmm, for a stew made by uncouth louts it's not terrible. Venriel thought as he ate his lunch. Then he sighed. 'Tis as I feared, nothing truly exciting going on here. Suddenly stopped. He had heared the horrible chanting and it made his tail twitch. He got up slowly from his seat turning to face the noise, and saw the appraching goblins.

Venriel started to clap in mock congratulations. "What a lovely tune to go with lunch!" The tiefling exclaimed with a bright smile. "Now DIE!" His smile twisted into a fiendish grin.