PDA

View Full Version : Steve? From Minecraft

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 06:53 PM
So, I recently made two (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?473016-Encumbrance-Reducers) threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?473014-How-to-Store) about things that would be needed to build Steve? from Minecraft.

In order to do this, we need:

Natural Heavyweight Feat
31 Strength
Belt of the Wide Earth (8,000 GP)
Bracers of Continuous Ant Haul (2,000 GP)
Gloves of Command Word Lighten Object (1,800 GP)
A Muleback Cord (500 GP)
A Portable Hole (20,000 GP) with Command Word Shrink Object (27,000 GP) on it.
Adamantine Heavy Pick (3,008 GP)

Troacctid
2015-12-23, 07:07 PM
If it has to be full BAB, I'd probably use Ranger. Plenty of skill points to put in Craft skills.

FocusWolf413
2015-12-23, 07:09 PM
You need to get mountain hammer from swordsage or warblade.

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 07:10 PM
You need to get mountain hammer from swordsage or warblade.

What's Mountain Hammer?

Nevermind, looked it up. So that's Crusader, Swordsage, or Warblade.

Troacctid
2015-12-23, 07:21 PM
You don't really need Mountain Hammer if you have an adamantine pickaxe, since you're already bypassing hardness.

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 07:39 PM
Ooh, that's something to add to the equipment list.

3,008 GP-Adamantine Heavy Pick

KillianHawkeye
2015-12-23, 07:47 PM
So... the point of this is, what? To carry an obscene amount of stuff? This is D&D we're playing, isn't it? :smallconfused:

Some concepts just don't translate to different media well.

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 07:50 PM
To as faithfully replicate Steve? as possible. I'm not saying anyone should ever play this concept-it likely wouldn't be fun in gameplay. (Though upending a Portable Hole full of junk on someone sounds like a good time.) The point is to try to create Steve? within the framework of D&D 3.P.

It's stupid and silly, but it's fun!

Also, leaning Ranger. It has the the most skill points (that I know of) on a Full BAB Chassis, so that's the most craft skills.

Anlashok
2015-12-23, 08:18 PM
Why the BAB requirement? The player character in minecraft never seems particularly good at combat. You can get powerful and enchanted equipment to augment yourself and kill things quickly, but that seems less like a martial expert and more like someone who can just craft really nice equipment to pad out inherent weaknesses.

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 08:32 PM
It's required for Natural Heavyweight to be at its most effective, which is in turn required to be able to carry Minecraft-esque loads.

Anlashok
2015-12-23, 08:39 PM
It's required for Natural Heavyweight to be at its most effective, which is in turn required to be able to carry Minecraft-esque loads.

Natural heavyweight has nothing to do with BAB. It just doubles your carrying capacity and gives you some skill modifiers depending on the kind of plane you're on.

Unless you're talking about the homebrew feat on the dndwiki with the same name. In which case, it's homebrew, so just make up feats/class features that do whatever you want.

JNAProductions
2015-12-23, 08:40 PM
It is this feat. (http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Natural_Heavyweight,_Tome_(3.5e_Feat)) And if it is homebrew... Well crap. There goes all my Steve?ness.

Yup. It's 'brew. Son of a biscuit! Thanks for letting me know.

Edited OP with new requirements.

Vhaidara
2015-12-23, 09:33 PM
You need a lot of levels of Truenamer so that you can open Gates at will. though he always seems to make those frames first...

Troacctid
2015-12-23, 09:37 PM
Consider being an Illumian for a +2 bonus on all Craft and Profession checks.

Inevitability
2015-12-24, 07:20 AM
You need a lot of levels of Truenamer so that you can open Gates at will. though he always seems to make those frames first...

If he has Create Portal, he can just build them. If we assume nether portals are cheap, you should be able to create them instantaneously.

ENDRNL
2015-12-24, 08:07 AM
Shouldn't be this thread in the Homebrew section? Anyway, Steve? should be something with a high crafting and good survival. I'd recommend an artificer from Eberron... ?

BTW, liked the fact that you really did Steve? with a ?. Lots of people make that mistake :D