PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Krampus in DnD???

zeifly
2015-12-23, 07:22 PM
I need some help. I'm trying to set up a fight between a party of 5 lv 3 characters and 1 lv 1 character, and a monster similar to Krampus. Not the one from the new movie. I mean like, the myth Krampus. Does anyone have any idea on how to make this work?

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-23, 07:38 PM
level 3? That's an unforgiving level. I would grab a fiend of some sort and throw the following class levels on it. Lesser planetouched or something. Maybe Throw a size increasing and strength increasing template on there.

Give him a bag of holding, and some airsource in there.

Cleric 1/Maiden of Pain 3/whirlpounce barbarian 1:

Channel your best touch spells via whip.

KillianHawkeye
2015-12-23, 07:43 PM
I had the same idea three or four years ago and made a custom monster, but it was for a 12th- or 13th-level party so I don't think the stats would help you much.

Telonius
2015-12-23, 07:59 PM
There's a Krampus in the most recent Villainous Competition (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20210148&postcount=72), but that starts out at CR 9. CR 3-ish? That's tough... I suppose Yak Folk are probably the closest for both appearance and personality, but that's still not exactly right.

gorfnab
2015-12-23, 08:05 PM
How about using the Pathfinder Krampus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/epic-meepo-presents/monsters/krampus)?

Braininthejar2
2015-12-23, 08:09 PM
You couldm try to modify a redcap - you can scale his power however you like, and replacing his scythe with something thematically fitting would prevent a stray critical from spoiling the fun for everyone.

zeifly
2015-12-31, 05:07 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, none of them really fit what I had in mind or my current abilities. I eventually decided to just adjust a few of the stats on a Satyr and gave it two new special attacks.

Krampus
 Large Fey
 HP: 34 (7d6+5)
 AC: 18
 Attack: Head butt +2 melee (1d6+1) ; Chain +3 melee (2d8+2); Claw +2 melee (1d6+2)
 Special Attacks: Melodius Roar, Tag & Bag
 Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/cold, darkvision, scent (children)
 Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +6
 Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Mobility
 Challenge Rating: 3

Melodius Roar: Krampus lets out a soothing roar that puts all who hear it into a magical sleep lasting 1d6 rounds. Players must succeed a will save of DC 17 to avoid falling asleep.

Tag & Bag: Krampus marks a target and then attempts to stuff them into his magical bag on his next turn. Players may transfer the mark to another willing player within 5ft by making contact of some sort. Players trapped inside Krampus’s magic bag may attempt to escape by making a Full Round Attack with a slashing or piercing weapon. The bag has an AC of 18 and has 6 HP.

Thanks again for all of your sugggestions! ^-^

Alistaroc
2015-12-31, 06:12 PM
Using oslecamo's Satyr monster class, combined with some Dirgesinger and the Lemorian Template, I created this Krampus for a large party of 11th level adventurers.
Repeated fear effects and crowd control? Aw yes.

He was aided by 9 Spellwarped Magic-Blooded Gruwaar each with 6 levels of Artificer.
Each of them had a sack full of wands, including my favorites, candy-cane shaped CL 9 Wands of Orb of Cold.
It was a devilishly delightful encounter.:smallamused:

I'd suggest a Satyr with some Gruwaar helpers, although I'd tone down the template and class stacking, and the wands as well.

ksbsnowowl
2015-12-31, 06:48 PM
Here (http://www.dndclassics.com/product/140333/The-Yule-Lord) is a free d20 product with stats for Krampus.

It does stat him out as a Divine Rank 1 Demigod, though, so might not work for you.

Eldan
2015-12-31, 09:06 PM
Ogre? That's about appropriate for level 3. I mean, as far as I'm aware, Krampen have no special powers whatsoever, the are just clawed and hairy.

DrMotives
2015-12-31, 09:11 PM
Ogre? That's about appropriate for level 3. I mean, as far as I'm aware, Krampen have no special powers whatsoever, the are just clawed and hairy.

They? It's one guy, he's The Krampus. And he carries a scourge that be beats naughty children with, then stuffs them in a bag or a cage. So not much by way of abilities needed, just 1 exotic weapon and a container for victims. A refluffed ogre sounds fine for level 3 characters though, you don't have enough room to do an elaborate build anyway.

atemu1234
2016-01-01, 12:31 AM
They? It's one guy, he's The Krampus. And he carries a scourge that be beats naughty children with, then stuffs them in a bag or a cage. So not much by way of abilities needed, just 1 exotic weapon and a container for victims. A refluffed ogre sounds fine for level 3 characters though, you don't have enough room to do an elaborate build anyway.

I feel like a custom version of Bag of Holding that can keep the inhabitants alive is in order.