PDA

View Full Version : Optimize this Feat 2: Conductivity from Unearthed Arcana

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-24, 12:11 AM
I Love Feats. They are little alterations to the rules and they interface with class features in some really fun and strange ways. Sometimes their utility is circumspect (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?471548-optimize-this-feat-Battle-Mage-Tactics-(MMV)) and sometimes it gets into some weird waters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?456152-RAW-what-makes-a-person-a-captain-of-a-ship-Scourge-of-the-Cheese). There is just something really satisfying about the interplay of feats and rules to produce illogical and unintended effects. Also, as a team, we can collectively push the limits of our apparent intelligence. (https://www.singularityweblog.com/human-swarming-and-the-future-of-collective-intelligence/)

What is this?
So I'm thinking about posting a weekly "Optimize this feat." Arbitrary credit seems to be important to sway people's incentives, so I have devised the following system to award credit to people who help plumb the possibilities of how to use a feat. I'm developing this on the fly, so rules are subject to change :smallannoyed:

All participants in the optimization endeavor post directly into the thread. They may post as many times as they want, just like any thread where you volunteer your ideas. After a week, the thread will be evaluated and participants will be assigned a score. That score represents how helpful or novel the poster was in their analysis of a feat's uses, abuses, interactions, and limitations. The rubric by which points are assigned to posters is developed below. The poster's who are most helpful will be announced after a week, and have their name highlighted in bold and in a font color other than black!

Point Allocation Rubric
The following list is not exhaustive of how points will be allocated, as I imagine that there will be weird end cases.

Suggestion of a non-overtly obvious class feature, spell, feat, skill trick, psi-power, magic/psionic item, or monster that interplays with the feat to produce an exaggerated result.

Overt Obviousness will be judged by me, but I will generally allocate points generously, What I am trying to avoid is people suggesting feat interplays that are non-exceptional and thus cluttering the thread with lame and uninteresting things. 1 point.

If the suggestion is particularly powerful, an additional point may be allocated to reward the optimizerly thinking. This decision is mine, although I will be swayed by what seems like genuine "co-signing," where other posters in the thread really glom onto the idea and develop it further.

A small build stub, between 5-12 levels, that includes a small write up of how the feat interplays with a few class features, racial features, spells, powers and feats to produce an effect that is far beyond the scope of what the feat of the week is capable of providing on its own. 5 points. +/- 1 point.

A rather undeveloped stub may only receive 4 points if it is a slightly modified rehash of a previous stub. A rather ingenious stub can earn an extra point. In some cases, you may actually do both! All of these are judgement calls as adjudicated by myself.

A fully functional optimization of the feat that ramps it up to its maximum power level where there is no way to possibly make it more amazing, including a 20 level build that follows the same format as iron chef dishes, but with minimal write up, is worthy of 10-12 points.

A display of relevant rules expertise that shapes the discussion is worthy of 0 or 1 point. This is the "squishiest" criteria, and will only be allocated when it corrects part of the conversation that is going too far off the rails. Particularly nasty interchanges about RAW may lead to abdication of this point. Being incorrect isn't an immoral offense, so I want an atmosphere where suggestions are flying but staying generally within the real bounds of dnd play. RAW discussions tend to get a little too personal, and hopefully this arbitrary point system can circumvent that.

BIAS
I am not a perfect judge. I prefer mundane to magical. I prefer Tier 3 and below to Tier 2 and up. But I do love me some dysfunction. So optimization that requires a lot of high level spells or powers (anything level 4 or up) will be less impressive to me. Go ahead and make your suggestion, I will try to police these biases in myself, but understand that these are factors that are in play.

Other information
All of that said, I have an exhibited tendency to be more forgiving/rules lax, whereas some of you are far more RAW heavy. I really do appreciate ya'll, so don't be afraid to reign in some of the theory and ground it in what is explicitly allowed. Different tables play the game differently. And this forum tends to highlight super polarized ends of this permissiveness spectrum that spans from "RAW to a fault" - "So ridiculously theoretically unbalanced beyond any DM's willingness to allow". Most play tends to be in the middle, if not a little skewed towards RAW: but not all play. With that in mind, if requested, if you are asked to assume that the theoretical DM handwaves your criticism as a special exception, please update your approach and proceed from there if you would like to continue to parse the possibilities that a feat offers. In this way, we can develop the full spectrum of what a feat can do.

This week's Feat is Conductivity from Unearthed Arcana.

This primary endeavor concludes at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on December 30th.

Optimize this Feat 1: Wanderer's Diplomacy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472308-Optimize-This-Feat-1-Wanderer-s-Diplomacy): VAZ
Optimize this Feat 2: Conductivity: ben-zayb

Troacctid
2015-12-24, 12:51 AM
The feat in question is open game content and can be found online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm#conductivity) at d20srd.

One easy trick with the feat is that you can have it chain with itself, since it's a line. If you assume that this means a line-shaped area according to the usual rules for lines, the line can begin in any corner of your space, so you can make it pass through yourself on its way to the target. Then you'll take more electricity damage, creating another bolt, which can chain into another bolt, and another, until the damage is too low to chain anymore.

This effect can be amplified if you're a Dvati, because both twins will have the feat, so if they're both in the area of the effect, they can send out two bolts. Consider a pair of twins that are grappling each other and are struck with electricity damage. They respond with two lines of electricity. Each of these lines passes through the Dvati's own space, triggering the feat again, creating four more bolts. Those four bolts turn into eight, and those eight turn into sixteen, and so on.

ben-zayb
2015-12-24, 01:44 AM
The funny thing is that, you don't need to take electricity damage. So let's say, a Lesser Mechanatrix Crusader 1 / Psion 7 with the Lightning Mace feat and the Death Urge power (yes, it's reminiscent of something). Minimize STR, because you are a psion anyway.

An ~18k gold's worth, +1 Aptitude Shocking Gauntlet, deals 2*(1d3+1+STR) against you, and heals you 1d6 (electricity heal) +2 (Martial Spirit). You'll likely overheal the damage roll, but the minimum damage of 1 still gets conducted against someone else.

Do I get bonus points for sticking closely to the theme with Mechanatrix, Lightning Mace, and Shocking weapon?

Zetapup
2015-12-24, 03:56 AM
The feat in question is open game content and can be found online here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/spelltouchedFeats.htm#conductivity) at d20srd.

One easy trick with the feat is that you can have it chain with itself, since it's a line. If you assume that this means a line-shaped area according to the usual rules for lines, the line can begin in any corner of your space, so you can make it pass through yourself on its way to the target. Then you'll take more electricity damage, creating another bolt, which can chain into another bolt, and another, until the damage is too low to chain anymore.

This effect can be amplified if you're a Dvati, because both twins will have the feat, so if they're both in the area of the effect, they can send out two bolts. Consider a pair of twins that are grappling each other and are struck with electricity damage. They respond with two lines of electricity. Each of these lines passes through the Dvati's own space, triggering the feat again, creating four more bolts. Those four bolts turn into eight, and those eight turn into sixteen, and so on.

Add in the energy vulnerability spell from the player's handbook 2, which'll make both of you take 50% more damage from electricity damage, so the chain will last twice as long. It would be great if there were a monster you could shapechange/polymorph/whatever into to get a better vulnerability (ideally 100% extra damage), but I haven't been able to find one.

Energy vortex from spell compendium seems like a handy spell for this, since that'd end up dealing 2d8+2 damage per caster level to you and everyone else in a 20 ft radius. Just make sure to have delay death or a large source of temporary hp in order to survive the ridiculous amount of damage you'd end up taking.

Fouredged Sword
2015-12-24, 08:54 AM
Whenever you take damage from an electricity effect, you may send a line of electricity arcing from your body at any single target within 30 feet.

A line-shaped spell shoots away from you in a line in the direction you designate. It starts from any corner of your square and extends to the limit of its range or until it strikes a barrier that blocks line of effect. A line-shaped spell affects all creatures in squares that the line passes through.

This ability may be an area of effect. It is somewhat unclear.

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-24, 09:20 AM
I comboed Conductivity with Storm Bolt (CM) and Heighten Spell on a Mechanatrix I'm currently playing. It's not optimal, but it's fun. Edit: Obviously any way to increase spell level eg. with Circle Magic or MM reducers can help to make it silly.

Jormengand
2015-12-24, 09:28 AM
The feat's effects aren't supernatural, so it's a great way to off someone in an antimagic field if you can take the damage (and are yourself outside the field).

Darrin
2015-12-24, 09:38 AM
Huh. Shocking Fist (PGtE) might work here, but it's a bit iffy on the rules. The damage you do to yourself isn't identified as [electricity], but then the text doesn't specify it has to be... and I guess it counts as an electricity effect, even if you're not the one taking [electricity] damage. It's a free action you can activate on any slam attack, so... Second Slam gives you two slams per turn. Or if you want to make iterative attacks with your slam, Renegade Mastermaker can do this. Assuming something like Duskblade 10/Renegade Mastermaker 10 with Second Slam: 5 slam attacks, take 16 damage to yourself for 16d4 electricity damage (x5, so 80? Ouch.), and 5 conductivity bolts that do 8 damage. Not quite so elegant without some way to reduce or negate the damage to yourself, and the rules aren't clear on what type of damage this is, so there's no way to tell if DR/resistance/hardness would help.

My next thought was the thundercloud cantrip, but you'd need to increase the damage (maybe Heighten + Born of Three Thunders + Lyric Thaumaturge's Sonic Might?). Hmm... not sure how to get this to work. Energy Admixture might be better, but increasing the spell level by +4 on a cantrip just seems wrong. Then again, Spelldance or Incantatrix some Persist onto it, and that's 14400 conductivity bolts per day. Range isn't fixed, though... ugh. Too fiddly, not worth the effort.

Storm Bolt reserve feat... I think you can put yourself in the line of effect? So +50% damage to one target every time you use it.

But of course, the best trick would be Druid 12, wild shape into a shambling mound, cast enhance wild shape to pick up Immunity to Electricity (Ex), and light yourself up with a bunch of Sculpted call lightning strikes. The sticking point here would be... if immunity to electricity reduces the damage you take to zero, then your conductivity bolts do half of zero, so... zero damage.

So, to fix that... Dragonblood Cleric 9, take the Energy Sustenance sub level. As an immediate action, spend a TU to convert electricity damage into healing (damage / 3 = HP). Energy Substitution + fire storm or acid fog could be interesting. If you need it to work more than once per round, mindswitch/magic jar yourself into a serpentflesh golem (Serpent Kingdoms).

Here's another interesting idea... use Nonlethal Substitution (BoED) to target yourself with [electricity] spells, such as orb of electricity or whatever. You take nonlethal damage, but the target of your conductivity bolt does not.

Inevitability
2015-12-24, 09:54 AM
Loviatar's Psychic Self-Flagellator

Be a 5th level psion/10th level acetokineticist/5th level cleric (Destiny domain) with at least 16 wisdom.
Required feats are Conductivity and Initiate of Loviatar.

Cast Energy Vulnerability (Electricity) on yourself. Cast Delay Death on yourself. Then, cast Mystic Lash.

Attack yourself with the lash. This deals, for example, 6 electricity damage. The vulnerability from acetokineticist doubles this, as does the vulnerability from Energy Vulnerability. You take 24 points of damage.

Now, use the Conductivity feat to send a line of electricity back at yourself. Voluntarily fail the saving throw to take half damage, and take the full 12 points of damage. This, too, gets doubled twice. Send the resulting spark back at yourself and take another 24 points of damage, which then gets doubled twice.

Repeat this until you are taking NI damage per spark and the only thing keeping you alive is Delay Death. Now, release the energy at any target within 30 feet, which will kill any non-electricity immune enemy.

Note that this is better than infinite bolts that deal finite damage, as you can overcome any amount of resistance this way.

The interesting part is that torturing yourself with lightning while using magic to keep yourself alive isn't that strange for a cleric of Loviatar.

ben-zayb
2015-12-24, 10:05 AM
You mean, electrokineticist. Aceto = acid

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-24, 10:49 AM
I like what I've been seeing.

I'll tally at the end of the week.

From this point forward, lets assume that infinite loops have been banned. Assume that conductivity can't be used to trigger itself. (You only get one bolt per electricity effect.)

Areas of exploration: weird races, weird metamagics, TOB maneuvers, something to do with dragonblood, and weird items.

Inevitability
2015-12-24, 11:14 AM
You mean, electrokineticist. Aceto = acid

I know. I picked acetokineticist because it is vulnerable to electricity. Picking electrokineticist would make electric attacks deal no damage, which removes the entire point of this build.

Malroth
2015-12-24, 12:57 PM
could be fun combined with "body outside body" clones especially body outside body clones with the storm bolt reserve feat or a lightning based breath weapon.

ben-zayb
2015-12-24, 01:21 PM
Aw, shoot, looks like I didn't make my spark of inspiration in time. I don't suppose this could replace my initial entry instead? Still, might as well share it, instead of letting the idea go to waste.The Flash: CN Dvati Undying-Way Ex-Monk 1 / Cleric 7 / Swordsage 1
The Speed Force: Conductivity feat

Extras

Feat: Toughness (B), Endurance (Flaw: Shaky), Diehard (Flaw:Pathetic Strength), Pain MasterySS (3), Martial Study (Martial Spirit)ToB (6), Sun SchoolCW (9)
Spell: MasochismBoVD, Delay Death
Item: +1 Shocking Necklace of Natural Attacks (8600 gp)
Maneuver: Martial Spirit (Stance), Devastating Throw

Main Trick
Each twin uses their own +1 Shocking Unarmed Strike on themselves to trigger Conductivity*, which they use to again trigger Conductivity, repeated ad infinitum to become self-sustaining energizers via perpetual (NI) self-damage, dealing 1 damage at the minimum. Delay Death + Diehard keeps the twins alive, while Masochism and Pain Mastery for NI damage gives +NI to Strength, Attack Rolls, Saves, and Skill Checks, and all that entails. I repeat, +NI to all skill checks.

A +100 to Sleight of Hand is enough to enable the Lightning Thief trick (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?142080-3-5-The-Lightning-Thief-Epic-Sleight-of-Hand-Abuse), ensuring our speedsters now live up to their "Fastest Man Alive" title. At the same time, each such usage of Sleight of Hand is instantaneous displacement, and thus trigger Sun School's Flash of Sunset, giving our speedsters bazillions of Infinite-MassStrength Punch against all enemies that they come across. They can also use this to Disarm, Trip, or Sunder (Hello Antimonitor!). Each melee attack also heals 2 HP, in case they want to already stop the NI self-damage cycle and fully heal up. Alternatively, they can also channel their Infinite-MassStrength Punch into a line attack instead, via Conductivity. Lastly, the classic hurricane attack is replicated by the Tornado-Throw-lite maneuver, Devastating Throw, spinning the enemy and throwing it up to NI feet away for NI damage.

TL;DR for the DPR-minded: What's better than 1-shotting a grand-total of 1 target per round, you ask? Wally & Barry can theoretically destroy virtually everything that can be destroyed by HP damage in the plane they're on. In one round.

*Unlike the other Dvati entry, this trick doesn't use Dvati for exponentially increasing damage. Instead, it uses Dvati for the Lightning Thief shuffle.

I know. I picked acetokineticist because it is vulnerable to electricity. Picking electrokineticist would make electric attacks deal no damage, which removes the entire point of this build.That makes sense...Still, I'm not sure what I'm missing, but looking at Pyrokineticist, I can't find any clause about giving vulnerability at all.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-24, 01:50 PM
There's no entry limit.

ben-zayb
2015-12-24, 07:00 PM
What I meant was I posted it after the No Infinities clause is applied

tiercel
2015-12-25, 04:26 PM
Conductivity doesn't specifically deal only with electricity hit point damage; Snowcasting + Energy Substitution turns any spell, say, one that deals ability damage, into one with the [Electricity] descriptor, allowing you to arc 30-foot lines* of (half) ability damage.

*(Whether it is a literal line effect is ambiguously worded. If it isn't a true line, what you're getting is the ability to turn touch spells into 30' range, or arc effects around corners, but only half damage.)

Of course, in order to deal damage, you have to take it, so a Rod of Bodily Restoration, access to some form of Lesser Restoration, or being a hipster binding Naberius is indicated.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-25, 04:56 PM
I love it. Is there a way to get an electric attack be a sneak attack? That would mean that you could craven + maiming strike that bad boy. Draconic fist monk ACF sneak attack yourself, replace the sneak attack damage with charisma damage, use craven to increase the damage as a 3rd level rogue? You'll need a means of restoring the charisma damage But you could shock punch yourself...Finally, a use for flurry of blows...

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-25, 05:12 PM
This is best done on a character that can heal really easily. Regeneration or fast healing is best.

Also, how about a psion using Share Pain and Vigor on his psicrystal, along with one of the many energy powers that can deal electricity damage? Give the feat to both yourself and your psicrystal. Hit yourself with Energy Ray, which is also shared with your psicrystal, and then start blasting with multiple 30' lines for fewer pp than what you get out of it.

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-25, 06:55 PM
I love it. Is there a way to get an electric attack be a sneak attack? That would mean that you could craven + maiming strike that bad boy. Draconic fist monk ACF sneak attack yourself, replace the sneak attack damage with charisma damage, use craven to increase the damage as a 3rd level rogue? You'll need a means of restoring the charisma damage But you could shock punch yourself...Finally, a use for flurry of blows...

Use Dragonfire Strike (DM 18) with your favoured method of being dragonblooded. Draconic Heritage (CAr 77, RotD 103) will let you change the damage type.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-25, 06:56 PM
Are there any other psicrystal hijinks?

Standing in front of a Lightning Ballista seems (HoB p. 136) like it would be fun. Especially as an enlarged call weaponry psywar.

ericgrau
2015-12-26, 07:11 PM
Party and leadership cohorts get the feat. Optimize hp and temp hp (false life, heart of earth, items, etc.). Drop scintillating spheres on the party while moving towards enemy, or other multi-target electricity spells. Enemy takes sphere damage, plus focused fire from several conductivity zaps. 8 zaps are enough to 1 shot nearly anything that isn't electricity immune. Perhaps multiple foes. Heal up after fight is over. Doesn't work against everything, but auto killing most things in 1-2 rounds is pretty nice. Get knowledge skills to identify which foes are immune. A larger party and no leadership can make this tactic very low in lactose.

Not an official entry, I know. Just some brief musings.

MaxiDuRaritry
2015-12-26, 07:22 PM
Have a team filled with one bard and a bunch of factotums, each of the latter of which has the Conductivity and Knowledge Devotion feats. Cast a low-CL Lightning Bolt on a line of them, and tell them to forego their saves. Now they all focus-fire and add inspire courage, +Int, and Knowledge Devotion to their 30' lines. Assuming a decent Int and some good Knowledge scores, that's a decent amount of damage added.

MisterKaws
2015-12-26, 10:12 PM
Electricity variant Phoelarch(MMIII p121).

Now touch yourself.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

daremetoidareyo
2016-01-13, 04:47 PM
Electricity variant Phoelarch(MMIII p121).

Now touch yourself.

1 point. I like it.

Have a team filled with one bard and a bunch of factotums, each of the latter of which has the Conductivity and Knowledge Devotion feats. Cast a low-CL Lightning Bolt on a line of them, and tell them to forego their saves. Now they all focus-fire and add inspire courage, +Int, and Knowledge Devotion to their 30' lines. Assuming a decent Int and some good Knowledge scores, that's a decent amount of damage added.

Party and leadership cohorts get the feat. Optimize hp and temp hp (false life, heart of earth, items, etc.). Drop scintillating spheres on the party while moving towards enemy, or other multi-target electricity spells. Enemy takes sphere damage, plus focused fire from several conductivity zaps. 8 zaps are enough to 1 shot nearly anything that isn't electricity immune. Perhaps multiple foes. Heal up after fight is over. Doesn't work against everything, but auto killing most things in 1-2 rounds is pretty nice. Get knowledge skills to identify which foes are immune. A larger party and no leadership can make this tactic very low in lactose.

1 point for each of you. Although getting PCs to plan that together would be difficult. I imagine, however that hearfire fanner prestige classes (dragon magazine 314) clinches this techinque. I love that combo.

This ability confers bonus feats upon an allied subject within 30 feet of the heartfire fanner. The target is free to choose which feats he receives from the feats the heartfire fanner possesses or the fighter class bonus feat list. The target must meet all prerequisites to receive the feats, although he can use one of the bonus feats as a prerequisite for another.

Also, how about a psion using Share Pain and Vigor on his psicrystal, along with one of the many energy powers that can deal electricity damage? Give the feat to both yourself and your psicrystal. Hit yourself with Energy Ray, which is also shared with your psicrystal, and then start blasting with multiple 30' lines for fewer pp than what you get out of it.

1 point. Cheesey as all beautiful getout.

Use Dragonfire Strike (DM 18) with your favoured method of being dragonblooded. Draconic Heritage (CAr 77, RotD 103) will let you change the damage type.

1 point. Thanks for the technique

Not sure if this works at every table, it may be common sensed down. 1 point for your close reading skillz

1 point.

The funny thing is that, you don't need to take electricity damage. So let's say, a Lesser Mechanatrix Crusader 1 / Psion 7 with the Lightning Mace feat and the Death Urge power (yes, it's reminiscent of something). Minimize STR, because you are a psion anyway.

An ~18k gold's worth, +1 Aptitude Shocking Gauntlet, deals 2*(1d3+1+STR) against you, and heals you 1d6 (electricity heal) +2 (Martial Spirit). You'll likely overheal the damage roll, but the minimum damage of 1 still gets conducted against someone else.

4+1 points. small stub with some workarounds. Nice!

Add in the energy vulnerability spell from the player's handbook 2, which'll make both of you take 50% more damage from electricity damage, so the chain will last twice as long. It would be great if there were a monster you could shapechange/polymorph/whatever into to get a better vulnerability (ideally 100% extra damage), but I haven't been able to find one.

Energy vortex from spell compendium seems like a handy spell for this, since that'd end up dealing 2d8+2 damage per caster level to you and everyone else in a 20 ft radius. Just make sure to have delay death or a large source of temporary hp in order to survive the ridiculous amount of damage you'd end up taking.

2 points.

This ability may be an area of effect. It is somewhat unclear.

I kind of agree. Thanks

Huh. Shocking Fist (PGtE) might work here, but it's a bit iffy on the rules. The damage you do to yourself isn't identified as [electricity], but then the text doesn't specify it has to be... and I guess it counts as an electricity effect, even if you're not the one taking [electricity] damage. It's a free action you can activate on any slam attack, so... Second Slam gives you two slams per turn. Or if you want to make iterative attacks with your slam, Renegade Mastermaker can do this. Assuming something like Duskblade 10/Renegade Mastermaker 10 with Second Slam: 5 slam attacks, take 16 damage to yourself for 16d4 electricity damage (x5, so 80? Ouch.), and 5 conductivity bolts that do 8 damage. Not quite so elegant without some way to reduce or negate the damage to yourself, and the rules aren't clear on what type of damage this is, so there's no way to tell if DR/resistance/hardness would help.

1 point for shocking fist + slam, 3 points for a build that kills itself.

My next thought was the thundercloud cantrip, but you'd need to increase the damage (maybe Heighten + Born of Three Thunders + Lyric Thaumaturge's Sonic Might?). Hmm... not sure how to get this to work. Energy Admixture might be better, but increasing the spell level by +4 on a cantrip just seems wrong. Then again, Spelldance or Incantatrix some Persist onto it, and that's 14400 conductivity bolts per day. Range isn't fixed, though... ugh. Too fiddly, not worth the effort.

Agreed. no points

Storm Bolt reserve feat... I think you can put yourself in the line of effect? So +50% damage to one target every time you use it.

Nice synergy. 1 point

But of course, the best trick would be Druid 12, wild shape into a shambling mound, cast enhance wild shape to pick up Immunity to Electricity (Ex), and light yourself up with a bunch of Sculpted call lightning strikes. The sticking point here would be... if immunity to electricity reduces the damage you take to zero, then your conductivity bolts do half of zero, so... zero damage.

Agreed about the zero damage transference. Like you said elsewhere, too fiddly.

So, to fix that... Dragonblood Cleric 9, take the Energy Sustenance sub level. As an immediate action, spend a TU to convert electricity damage into healing (damage / 3 = HP). Energy Substitution + fire storm or acid fog could be interesting. If you need it to work more than once per round, mindswitch/magic jar yourself into a serpentflesh golem (Serpent Kingdoms).

Disgusting. 2 points

Here's another interesting idea... use Nonlethal Substitution (BoED) to target yourself with [electricity] spells, such as orb of electricity or whatever. You take nonlethal damage, but the target of your conductivity bolt does not.

Your most flavorful suggestion: Knock yourself out smashing your enemies. 1 point.

Loviatar's Psychic Self-Flagellator

Be a 5th level psion/10th level acetokineticist/5th level cleric (Destiny domain) with at least 16 wisdom.
Required feats are Conductivity and Initiate of Loviatar.

Cast Energy Vulnerability (Electricity) on yourself. Cast Delay Death on yourself. Then, cast Mystic Lash.

Attack yourself with the lash. This deals, for example, 6 electricity damage. The vulnerability from acetokineticist doubles this, as does the vulnerability from Energy Vulnerability. You take 24 points of damage.

Now, use the Conductivity feat to send a line of electricity back at yourself. Voluntarily fail the saving throw to take half damage, and take the full 12 points of damage. This, too, gets doubled twice. Send the resulting spark back at yourself and take another 24 points of damage, which then gets doubled twice.

Repeat this until you are taking NI damage per spark and the only thing keeping you alive is Delay Death. Now, release the energy at any target within 30 feet, which will kill any non-electricity immune enemy.
Note that this is better than infinite bolts that deal finite damage, as you can overcome any amount of resistance this way.

Beautiful. 9 points for full(ish) build plus a 1 point creativity bonus

Aw, shoot, looks like I didn't make my spark of inspiration in time. I don't suppose this could replace my initial entry instead? Still, might as well share it, instead of letting the idea go to waste. +Wally and Berry

5 points partial stub. +1 point implementation of thread ideas bonus. +1 lightning thief.

Conductivity doesn't specifically deal only with electricity hit point damage; Snowcasting + Energy Substitution turns any spell, say, one that deals ability damage, into one with the [Electricity] descriptor, allowing you to arc 30-foot lines* of (half) ability damage.

*(Whether it is a literal line effect is ambiguously worded. If it isn't a true line, what you're getting is the ability to turn touch spells into 30' range, or arc effects around corners, but only half damage.)

Of course, in order to deal damage, you have to take it, so a Rod of Bodily Restoration, access to some form of Lesser Restoration, or being a hipster binding Naberius is indicated.

1 point. Although the naberius suggestion may not work.

daremetoidareyo
2016-01-13, 04:54 PM
Name

Mister Kaws

MaxiDuRaritry

ericgrau

GilesTheCleric

Troactid

ben-zayb

Zetapup

Fouredged Sword

Darrin

Dire Stirge

tiercel

There we have it folks. Sorry about the Delay.

ben-zayb was the most prolific suggester, and has thus earned his name highlighted in a funky font and color. How about electric blue?

ben-zayb
Many thanks to all of the suggesters.