PDA

View Full Version : Sharing funny stories of how you tormented your PC's

LeoVarharris
2015-12-24, 12:15 AM
Basically the title.
My favorite story happened recently when I had a phase spider stalking my friends throughout a dungeon because they just HAD to torch it's web, it would show up every few fights they got in, attack an isolated player (usually the wizard) drain their CON a few points, and ethereal jaunt away to show up and plague them later. They got more satisfaction killing this little bastard then they did killing the overlord of the dungeon. Like the ranger especially got an almost sexual joy out of gutting it personally as he was it's second favorite target. The wizard just wanted to go home... (he had like 4 CON LEFT when they finally killed it, 6 attacks later)

atemu1234
2015-12-24, 11:38 AM
I once put a group of PCs against a Worm that Walks, who was a 5th-level wizard, 10th level Incantatrix, 2nd level Initiate of the Sevenfold Veils.

He started up with quickened time stop, cast delayed spells, then greater invisibility.

The players couldn't find them, so one had the 'ingenious' idea to drop a fireball on his feet to kill the thing, after a few other attempts failed. Luckily enough, they managed to kill it, and thus survived the encounter. Except for the fireball guy. He needed a resurrection.