PDA

View Full Version : Recreation of Races

SwordChuck
2015-12-24, 11:57 AM
So I'm thinking of recreating the races in the PHB. However the more outlandish races will be made as templates that replace racial features.

Core Races
Human
Dwarf
Elf
Gnome

Modified/Half Race Templates

Orcish (Half-Orc)
Dragonborn (Chosen by Dragon diety)
Mutt (Half-Human)
Aasimar (Celestial Blood)
Tiefling (Fiendish Blood)
Genasi (Elemental Blood)
Warforged (Half-Construct)

All sentient races in the multiverse is some combination of above. Each will get an updated lore.

Eventually I'll add more templates. I don't want to deal with certain types just yet. Vampirism would be a disease for now.

××××
Example: To make a halfling one would take the gnome and apply the half human template.

I think Halflings will just be a subrace of humans. They are pretty much just short humans after all.
××××

My question is, what other races from previous editions would make good Template?

I would like to get two more on the list of templates but I'm Not sure where I should go with it.

Rfkannen
2015-12-24, 12:02 PM
So I'm thinking of recreating the races in the PHB. However the more outlandish races will be made as templates that replace racial features.

Core Races
Human
Dwarf
Elf
Gnome

Modified/Half Race Templates

Half-Orc
Dragonborn
Half-Human
Aasimar
Tiefling
Half-Giant

××××
Example: To make a halfling one would take the gnome and apply the half human template.
××××

My question is, what other races from previous editions would make good Template?

I would like to get two more on the list of templates but I'm Not sure where I should go with it.

First, personally I would make halfling the race and apply a half elf template, that is just me though

Ideas for templates; half elf and elemental (genasi), also maybe half troll

SwordChuck
2015-12-24, 12:10 PM
First, personally I would make halfling the race and apply a half elf template, that is just me though

Ideas for templates; half elf and elemental (genasi), also maybe half troll

Elves are less likely to mate with a lot ofncreatires than humans. I would rather make a half-elf by applying a half human template so that I can then apply that half human to a multitude of other things later.

Half-Human Dwarf = Mul

I don't want a core race of the halflings, they are redundant due to being, pretty much, small humans.

×××edit

Genasi and Half-Goblin could be fun... Troll might be a bit much but I'll keep it in reserves of I expand upon this further.

Rfkannen
2015-12-24, 12:29 PM
Elves are less likely to mate with a lot ofncreatires than humans. I would rather make a half-elf by applying a half human template so that I can then apply that half human to a multitude of other things later.

Half-Human Dwarf = Mul

I don't want a core race of the halflings, they are redundant due to being, pretty much, small humans.

×××edit

Genasi and Half-Goblin could be fun... Troll might be a bit much but I'll keep it in reserves of I expand upon this further.

I suppose that would make sense. Yeah I guess I see your point on halflings

Also, I thought of some more templates

Half fey (Feytouched)
half eldrich abomination
half vampire (dhampyr)
half werewolf (shifter
half dinosaur (dinoshifter)
construct version

SwordChuck
2015-12-24, 12:37 PM

Half fey (Feytouched)
half eldrich abomination
half vampire (dhampyr)
half werewolf (shifter
construct version

For some of those, they wouldn't* be halves.

A half vampire is just a vampire.

Edit×××

I love the idea of half-construct, I think I'll add that to the list.

Edit 2

My phone hates me. Wouldn't be halves...

M Placeholder
2015-12-24, 04:11 PM
Heres some more templates.

Spirit Folk - Half Nature Spirit
Hagspawn - Half Hag
Shifter - Half Hengeyokai
Yuan-Ti Pureblood - Half Yuan-Ti Abomination
Changeling - Half Doppelganger

krugaan
2015-12-24, 04:45 PM
"What do you get when you cross a halfing with an ogre?"

"A dead Halfling."

SwordChuck
2015-12-24, 04:50 PM

Half fey (Feytouched)
half eldrich abomination
half vampire (dhampyr)
half werewolf (shifter
construct version

Heres some more templates.

Spirit Folk - Half Nature Spirit
Hagspawn - Half Hag
Shifter - Half Hengeyokai
Yuan-Ti Pureblood - Half Yuan-Ti Abomination
Changeling - Half Doppelganger

I'm a bit torn. I think I want templates to make you a full blooded different species.

So all Yaun-Ti will be any core race with the Yaun-Ti template.

So things like "half-human" isn't really a thing. You would be a Mul or whatever.

Each core race came to be on each plane, however each plane had its own properties and some were created differently. Even on the material plane, a pure blood Yuan-Ti is a core race Elf + Yuan-Ti template. It won't mean your parents were an elf and a Yuan-Ti but two Yuan-Ti who's core race is the same as the elf.

××××

"What do you get when you cross a halfing with an ogre?"

"A dead Halfling."

My 4e Halfling barbarian laughs at the joke and then shows you the necklace of ogre ears that he has collected.