Activating...
Active
Status Report... Pending
Internal Systems: Functional
Locomotion: Functional
Appendages: Functional
Accessories: Functional
Power Remaining: 74%

Your photoreceptors come into focus, allowing you to take in the environment. You are staring straight up at a massive metal half-dome. It looks like part of a starship's hull. It's large enough that you can't see the sky from your current position. Dim sunlight reaches in from outside, leaving the durasteel cave fairly dark. The ground below you looks like dirt, but it's taken on a strange greenish-yellow tint. All manner of trash is scattered about the ground, but you quickly notice an activated datapad laying about a few meters away from you. There is text written in Basic on the datapad, but you can't tell what it says from here.

2015-12-24, 02:31 PM
His still-coming-online processor taking note of the datapad, TH-30 ran his internal diagnostics as he slowly got to his feet. Had he been capable, he would've cringed at the almost-imperceptible squeaks indicating that his leg joints had been unused for quite some time; putting aside his less-than-adequate condition, he made his way to the datapad, curious how such things could regain power despite apparently being thrown away for so long. Perhaps analyzing it could give him insight into how he himself was reactivated. One could only hope...

Archemist
2015-12-24, 02:48 PM
Ellie's eyes and nameplate-screen light up at the same time. She sees movement as the spidery TH-30 heads towards a datapad lying on the ground. Ellie starts to get up, awkwardly as she has only one arm with to extricate herself from the surrounding junk. Once upright, she tries out a simple Binary greeting to the other droid. "What is going on? Why have you reactivated me?"

2015-12-24, 03:02 PM
Startled by the other droid's apparent activation, TH-30 responded in kind: "I apologize for correcting you, but I was not responsible for your reactivation. If nothing else, I would not activate a droid in such disrepair without making at least a cursory attempt to fix them." He paused for a moment, before adding "Not to say that you are unfixable, just that I was not responsible for your activation. If we get a chance, I can make attempts to repair you as soon as I can be assured that my diagnostic and mechanical capabilities can be trusted."

Archemist
2015-12-24, 03:34 PM
"Not to say that you are unfixable, just that I was not responsible for your activation. If we get a chance, I can make attempts to repair you as soon as I can be assured that my diagnostic and mechanical capabilities can be trusted."

"I don't know where my arm is, currently. While the probability that it is also on this planet is 74.32%, the chance I will find it is much smaller. But I think I may still search before beginning... repairs." Ellie glances around briefly just in case it is immediately visible, but with no success. She continues, "Is your function Repair, then?"

Dudeons
2015-12-24, 03:38 PM
As TH-30 approaches the datapad, he can clearly see that it's been through a great deal of wear and tear. The screen is cracked in one corner and the casing is chipped, but nonetheless it seems to function.

The datapad is open on a word processing document. In nondescript font it says the following:

"On this planet, all six of you will receive a new life. What that life shall become is your choice.

62537176253"

2015-12-24, 04:27 PM
"I don't know where my arm is, currently. While the probability that it is also on this planet is 74.32%, the chance I will find it is much smaller. But I think I may still search before beginning... repairs." Ellie glances around briefly just in case it is immediately visible, but with no success. She continues, "Is your function Repair, then?"

"Diagnostics, repair, replacement, and upgrading, both for mechanical and technical requirements," TH-30 replied. "If we cannot locate your previous arm, I could attempt to salvage something from our...surroundings," he finished with an awkward gesture to the detritus around them.

As TH-30 approaches the datapad, he can clearly see that it's been through a great deal of wear and tear. The screen is cracked in one corner and the casing is chipped, but nonetheless it seems to function.

The datapad is open on a word processing document. In nondescript font it says the following:

"On this planet, all six of you will receive a new life. What that life shall become is your choice.

62537176253"

"Hmm..." he muttered, analyzing the datapad, more interested in determining how to fix it than its origins. "Older model, out of date, still in relatively good condition...and obviously left here for us...us six?" He looks around, spotting the other four stirring droids in the nearby wreckage. "Ah yes, us six. A simple enough repair: plenty of metal around, just sheer off some bits and weld them into place...pop out the screen and substitute the transparisteel from this computer display..." his voice gets too low to hear as he continues muttering his way through the hypothetical repair process.

Startling himself out of his focus, he glanced towards the other operational droid, he said "It appears our sudden reactivation was no accident...and the perpetrator left a note, but did not stay behind in-person. I must admit, my skills at analyzing personal motivations and decisions is nowhere near as significant as my mechanical capabilities. Perhaps you know why they would not stay behind? Or why they would choose to reactivate us?"

Burden King
2015-12-24, 04:54 PM
Soft purple optics came online, slowly fading from black to their full glow as a carefully crafted droids face seems to come back to life. Dirt, grease, and other such filth seemed to stain her once pristine parts, but the droid couldn't pay much mind to it as her mind quickly began going over where exactly she was. It didn't take a third degree droid to figure out where she was, a junk world. Her processors felt her equivalent to shame and depression ebb into it, the realization that she had been thrown out and likely replaced hitting whatever ego she had left after her mishap. However, the sounds of droids chittering near by pulled her from her own self-analysis. Her mind immediately went to junk droids, or work droids coming to break her down to her components, and was immediately getting recommendations from her logic circuits to vacate the area.

However, her curiosity got the better of her and she pushed her self onto her single wheel, briefly swaying as her body regained it's sense of balance and readjusted the settings to the planets gravity and the terrains tilt. After adjusting herself, she began to slowly wheel forward, keeping her hands ready to grab her blaster and shoot any droid who wanted to take her apart. ""Miss S" Worried: Hello? Please let me know weather you are Junk Droids or droids designated with deconstructing machinery so I may have proper warning to run...." She said as she neared the location of the two talking droids.

2015-12-24, 06:07 PM
"I am not a junk droid, although I am both equipped and programmed with the capabilities of dis- and re-assembly, should my duties require such capabilities," TH-30 responds, completely missing the point of the question.

Burden King
2015-12-24, 08:00 PM
"I am not a junk droid, although I am both equipped and programmed with the capabilities of dis- and re-assembly, should my duties require such capabilities," TH-30 responds, completely missing the point of the question.

The Third Degree droid almost ran, until she stayed to think on the spider droids words ""Miss S" Confused: Wait one second, does that mean you are no infact going to disassemble me, or that you will? Reassembly is an odd skill set to possess if one were a scrapper droid on a junk world." She said, rolling closer to the group, noticing the small one armed droid. Judging how that droid had not be completely gutted for parts, she felt she could think she was for the most part safe at the moment.

2015-12-24, 09:02 PM
The Third Degree droid almost ran, until she stayed to think on the spider droids words ""Miss S" Confused: Wait one second, does that mean you are no infact going to disassemble me, or that you will? Reassembly is an odd skill set to possess if one were a scrapper droid on a junk world." She said, rolling closer to the group, noticing the small one armed droid. Judging how that droid had not be completely gutted for parts, she felt she could think she was for the most part safe at the moment.

"Oh! I didn't mean to cause alarm. I am a general-purpose mechanic with diagnostic, repair, disassembly, reassembly, replacement, and upgrading capabilities. I am not a scrap-collector."

MintyNinja
2015-12-24, 09:38 PM
"It will be alright, Detsevin.
You've served me too well for me to just turn you into scrap on a young brat's whim.
However, my family will not allow you to remain here and even I have a Master to obey.
This is goodbye, old friend."

His photoreceptors opened to a scene arrayed out strangely. He looked up and noticed the glimmer of what seemed to be natural light coming into the large durasteel shell that he was positioned in. He looked down and found that when he was deactivated his Master had neglected to retrieve his vibroblades. They sat at rest in their holsters, just where he left them last.

The others were talking. Non-organics. Droids, the lot of them. One wheeled, one armed, and spiderlike were mobile. Others were adjusting. There didn't seem to be any organics in the vicinity, but Detsevin knew his optics were not so specialized to be sure. With an unsubtle gesture, he rose to his feet and approached those in discussion. "Greetings. My name is Detsevin. I must ask, where are we?"

Archemist
2015-12-25, 12:58 AM
With an unsubtle gesture, he rose to his feet and approached those in discussion. "Greetings. My name is Detsevin. I must ask, where are we?"

"I am LEP-4A, or Ellie. I was active a little ways into the journey here - given that I was last on a garbage scow after having been discarded, and given our surroundings, this is likely a trash planet. You all seem very functional for having been trashed, though." She wiggles her rabbit-like ears and puts them upright.

MintyNinja
2015-12-25, 01:28 AM
"I thank you, Miss Ellie, but I am not trash," Detsevin says with a stern tone. He thought back to the events in his Master's home but couldn't recall anything about the voyage to wherever here was. Perhaps he had been trashed by a third party, or some other of the millions of possibilities. As he turns his eyes back to the group he also reflects on what the one-armed droid said, none of the others seemed particularly unfunctioning. In fact, Detsevin felt to be functioning fine, if not a little short on power.

"If we are to follow through with Ellie's deduction, that we are indeed on a trash planet, then we are free to assume that none of us have Masters, correct? If we have no Masters, then from who do we requisition Droid Sockets or Power rechargers? If we're really here alone, with a limited time before us, then we should gather what resources we can and secure a source of power for recharging and a safe place to do so, correct?" He culminates the mini-lecture with an open armed question to the others. He had slipped into a Lecture Sub-routine used for non-combat training.

Burden King
2015-12-25, 01:55 AM
"I thank you, Miss Ellie, but I am not trash," Detsevin says with a stern tone. He thought back to the events in his Master's home but couldn't recall anything about the voyage to wherever here was. Perhaps he had been trashed by a third party, or some other of the millions of possibilities. As he turns his eyes back to the group he also reflects on what the one-armed droid said, none of the others seemed particularly unfunctioning. In fact, Detsevin felt to be functioning fine, if not a little short on power.

"If we are to follow through with Ellie's deduction, that we are indeed on a trash planet, then we are free to assume that none of us have Masters, correct? If we have no Masters, then from who do we requisition Droid Sockets or Power rechargers? If we're really here alone, with a limited time before us, then we should gather what resources we can and secure a source of power for recharging and a safe place to do so, correct?" He culminates the mini-lecture with an open armed question to the others. He had slipped into a Lecture Sub-routine used for non-combat training.

Miss S was quick to pick up on the tone of the combat trainer, finding parralels with the routine with her own teaching routine. She briefly considered the overall compatibility between their personalities for future issues, then nodded in agreement.

"'Miss S' Serious: Agreed, we have maybe 74% power remaining, if we all were left here around the same time after our last charge. "

She then looked around her surroundings, trying to either identify the ship they were in to determine where it's power source would be, or to identify anything near them that would hold a power source.

[roll0] Perception check

I'll roll whatever knowledge skill is applicable
Galactic lore
All sciences

Dudeons
2015-12-25, 02:15 AM
She then looked around her surroundings, trying to either identify the ship they were in to determine where it's power source would be, or to identify anything near them that would hold a power source.

From your knowledge of starships, this part of the hull would not contain the ship's power source. Right now, this chunk of starship can do little more than provide shade. The trash scattered on the ground is non-electronic in nature, except for the datapad.

2015-12-25, 04:15 AM
"Power issues, hmm?" TH-30 glanced around at his surroundings while taking stock of his personal inventory. After a cursory search of his internal compartment and his portable, detachable 'backpack' container, he announced "My backup battery is still fully powered. Also, I have a Power Recharger; it's not really...built for droids, technically, but I could probably jury-rig a connection if I could find the raw materials. While normally the amperage doesn't really allow for significant charging, at least not enough to power a droid quickly enough to extend battery life, if the jury-rigged connection is using vehicular-level wiring, the resistance would be low enough to allow the power to flow smoothly, greatly extending battery life."

"It, um...it doesn't help if we can't locate the proper parts to make such a connection, but this kind of industrial-grade wiring is used in the generators for vehicles, which we'll be seeking out regardless; even if we find one without power, it will likely still have that wiring, which will give us a bit more power to work with. I estimate...perhaps approximately 100 additional hours in total?"

MintyNinja
2015-12-25, 04:52 AM
"Thank you for your input. It seems that, yes, my battery is as low as the average; meaning two things. First: We have approximately 72 hours to secure a reliable source of recharging and power if we're all to continue operation. Second: There lies the chance that we were powered to maximum before similar events brought us all here, and that during deactivation our memories were modified. This second concept needn't be true, but if we operate as it is then we may reveal some of the mystery surrounding us, hmm?" He was pacing again, hands resting on the holstered handles of his vibroblades. It was his Lecture Sub-routine coming through again and with such a motley crew, maybe it was needed.

"So, we know our needs are two-fold: Power and answers. What resources do we have right now in our possession aside from a bit of shade and a pile of trash? You," he points to TH-30, "seem to be the mechanical sort. I'll disclose that my function is combat training, and little else. I don't have hundreds of languages, I don't have diagnostic systems, and I don't have many etiquette protocols. I can fight with a variety of weapons and I have an emergency medical sub-routine that... doesn't look to be the most useful here."

2015-12-25, 05:30 AM
"I am specialized to a similar degree; most aspects of my programming are designed to increase my ability to diagnose and repair mechanical issues. As for an inventory..." TH-30 runs through a mental checklist briefly, ...excluding my fairly extensive internal tool kit, I also possess the aforementioned power recharger, three power packs, an ion stunner pistol, a coil of syntherope, and a standard-issue short-range commlink."

Ganis
2015-12-25, 11:15 PM
Ml-624 pops up from his compacted form, loose debris falling off in a small cloud. "PowerSeemsToBeTheMorePressingIssueHereAndNowWeShou ldTryToFindAGeneratorOrPowerCoreWeCanRepurposeOHea vensMe." and takes a moment to smack his vocabulator. "Testing, ah, much better. Apologies, my designation is ML-624, the last moments I recall were being forcefully jettisoned from the transport I was repairing, durning hyperspace. Those darn delayed explosive reactions. " after a few moments of checking his systems out, he adds, "I seem to stil have my tool and security kits."

Burden King
2015-12-26, 12:26 AM
Miss S allowed each Droid to say this piece, trying to remain polite despite the circumstances. She had always encouraged a polite attitude and manner on her episodes, and she would not be dropping such a routine over something like this, no matter how much her processors strained at the possible future they all shared. "'Miss S' calm: I am a Third Degree Teaching droid, so I possess knowledge of many things such as science, mathmatics, biology, and also hold equal skill when it comes to galactic history. As for equipment....."

Miss S seemed to do a self diagnostic, to determine just what it was she had on herself. After a couple seconds she continued

"'Miss S' Continued: I possess a camera drone which can last for four hours before recharging, which can record and bring back the recording to us. However, it can only go up to 100 feet away from me before connection is lost. I also possess a small pistol, and a recharger for said pistol within a hidden holster in my leg. Other then that, I have a standard translator built into me." She finished saying, looking to them all.

"'Miss S' Slightly worried: I hope I can help us with all that I possess...."

Volthawk
2015-12-26, 07:53 PM
Having done enough observation, Rex rises from the wreckage, bits and pieces of junk and droid parts falling off him as he settles in a crouched posture, clawed arms on the ground as well as his feet.

"One other destroyer - noble's toy, plays with swords. Four little cogs - three pretending, one true. Junk planet - likely other destroyers. Little cogs - you need protection. Protection - I will provide."

MintyNinja
2015-12-26, 09:30 PM
Detsevin nods and listens as each of the other droids share their functions and resources, but when the Junker revealed itself his vibroblades were in his hands. As he was halfway through constructing a clever retort on swordplay being older than droidcraft he processed the rogue's meaning. There was another combat droid, on a planet likely crawling with similar ones. They'd need his help to get anywhere in a hostile environment. This calculated, Detsevin eased his pose and asked, "And what, might I ask, does talking-scrap know of protection?"

Archemist
2015-12-28, 01:06 AM
Ellie waves her one arm. "Halt your overclocking contest. We all need a generator or socket, it seems. Let us search nearby to find one. Martial prowess will be irrelevant if we all power down." She gestures to the surrounding scrap, and settles on a valley between two heaps. "I see no reason why the probability would be greater or less in any given direction, so let us pick the easiest path to travel."

Ganis
2015-12-28, 12:40 PM
ML-624 stands up, " That way it is then!" and confidently strides ofinthe direction Ellie pointed out. "This should be interesting at least, lets go gang."

He will be keeping an eye out for any parts he will need to adapt power for the various models they all are, hoping to find anything while they wander down the trash valley road.

perception: a mighty +0
[roll0]

MintyNinja
2015-12-28, 03:46 PM
Detsevin sheathes his vibroblades at the reprimand but doesn't turn away from the junker at first. He's about to say something unbelievably clever when the pit droid started walking off. The combat droid changes his mind at the last nano second and instead follows along, keeping an eye out for threats.

Perception +0
[roll0]

Dudeons
2015-12-29, 10:50 AM
As you walk out of the artificial cave, you see just how much of a junkyard this planet really is. Above you, the sky is toxic green with thick clouds of smog. Even though the sun is up, the polluted atmosphere means that the sunlight is dimmer than what you're used to on your home planets. Huge mounds of trash surround you on every side, but the trash seems to shallow out in the middle to the point that your locomotive appendages can touch the filthy ground. The valley is about thirty feet wide, but up ahead a landslide has left a mound of garbage obstructing the path. While it looks climbable, it could certainly be a problem to anyone without ideal locomotion systems.

Despite the massive piles of trash, you don't immediately see anything that looks useful for power adaptation. Perhaps the garbage landslide could have something useful?

You see a pair of glowing orange eyes from atop the rightmost wall of junk, watching the area in front of the landslide. As soon as they see you, they scurry back out of view.

2015-12-29, 01:02 PM
TH-30 follows along, his arms busy poking and prodding at his power recharger as his eyes switched back and forth between analyzing the connective wiring and scanning their surroundings for potentially suitable parts.

Perception check: [roll0]

MintyNinja
2015-12-29, 01:03 PM
"I don't wish to alarm anyone, but it seem's we're being watched," Detsevin reports calmly. He continues forward without slowing, and begins climbing the mound in the path to look around for a better view.

Looking for possible Ambushers in this obvious Ambush spot:

Perception +0
[roll0]

Volthawk
2015-12-29, 01:54 PM
When he hears that, Rex doesn't move particularly faster, still ambling about the junk, keeping behind the rest of the group, but he does start paying more attention, trying to pick out these threats.

Perception: [roll0]

Dudeons
2015-12-29, 04:22 PM
TH-30 notices the carcass of a GNK power droid lying off to the side. It's chassis has been torn open and it's power generator has been stolen. However, several cables have been left behind, cables that the droid would've used to connect it's generator to all kinds of machines. With how much damage the droid has received, it shouldn't be hard to remove the cables.

As you approach the pile of junk, your wary eyes quickly spot a small landmine at the point where the junk is lowest. It could trigger if anyone gets too close to it.

You see nothing unusual.

MintyNinja
2015-12-29, 05:05 PM
In a split second Detsevin ends all forward movement and raises a hand to those behind. "If there's a demolitions expert in the house could you please come to the front? We seem to have a small bit of ordinance in the path," he says calmly. He didn't know how to handle the device, in fact he was surprised he recognized it at all. Seems his own databanks had more information than he expected.

Archemist
2015-12-29, 05:19 PM
Ellie starts. "Ordnance? Processing..." Her little screen flashes blue briefly, then the Coachelle Automata logo appears, and then it's back to just showing "Ellie" again.

"I have no file found for this. Perhaps, if none of us is equipped for handling this danger, we could just walk around it?" She waits to see if any of the others has alternatives.

2015-12-29, 05:39 PM
"My diagnostic and disassembly protocols include more than a few programs on identifying and safely deactivating demolitions and heavy ordinance," TH-30 responds. He goes quiet for a few moments, before straightening up and locating the ordinance the other droid had pointed out. A hisssssss-pop announced the detachment of his portable containment unit, which he set on the ground next to his new allies.

Cautiously approaching the explosive, he stopped about 3 meters away as he began his diagnostic and identification protocols.

Making a knowledge (technology) check to identify what kind of ordinance we're dealing with (mechanically speaking), as well as making a Mechanics check to make a diagnostic, in order to determine the best way to deactivate this thing.

Knowledge (Technology): [roll0]
Mechanics (+2 from Diagnostic Package): [roll1]

Dudeons
2015-12-29, 06:01 PM
TH-30's scanning reveals the ordinance to be an ion mine, designed by Merr-Sonn Munitions Inc. If there is a significant disturbance in the air pressure within two meters of a primed ion mine, the mine will detonate, releasing a large burst of ion energy that could fry the circuits of any unfortunate machines who stand within three meters. He notices that the mine must have been placed and primed very recently and that it must have been placed after the landslide occurred.

2015-12-29, 06:18 PM
"This ionic ordinance has a range of about 3 meters for its debilitating blast. I will attempt to disarm it if I can determine doing so to be safe; otherwise, I will be detonating it from a safe distance. For safety's sake, please step back a couple meters, just in case my calculations are faulty...and somebody grab my containment unit."

TH-30 waited until his allies had complied. Once they had done so, he backed up a bit himself (now standing about 4.5 meters away from the ordinance), and picked up a piece of junk with roughly 2 kilograms of mass. After some brief trajectory and fluid mechanics calculations, he tossed the piece of junk past the mine about .9 meter above, seeing if the displaced air was enough to set it off.

MintyNinja
2015-12-29, 09:25 PM
For the sake of safety, Detsevin arranged for himself to be a few meters behind TH-30 when the many-legged droid volunteered to investigate. "An ion mine means that whoever set it was likely targeting droids or vehicles. Seeing that it's on the most obvious path to where we... Awoke... then there lies the chance that it wasn't set to stop us, but stop anything from disturbing us. This may be another clue as to who brought us together and reactivated the lot of us," he says as the possibilities run through his processors.

2015-12-29, 09:59 PM
TH-30 responded in between calculation cycles: "Given that the mine was set up fairly recently, I'm inclined to think that whoever set this up did not necessarily have our best interests at heart."

Archemist
2015-12-29, 10:28 PM
Ellie perks up her ears. "So you're saying we may be being watched... by the people who set up the mine? What did we ever do to them?" She looks around bemusedly.

Perception roll [roll0]

2015-12-29, 10:37 PM
"The circumstances required for this mine to have been meant to protect us mean that those nearby are those who woke us up, and they set this up to protect us despite knowing we would wake up soon and pass through here. More likely, this was laid as a trap for us by somebody who wished to capture us; regardless of which one it is, this mine blocks our path with the threat of electromagnetic overload, so it is best that it is removed from our path."

"As for what we did, I doubt it' is our actions, but rather our existence. We are in remarkably good repair, excepting that our power level is lower than full. Whether they wish to put us to use or strip us for parts, I can't imagine we will find many friends nearby outside of the six of us."

Dudeons
2015-12-29, 10:55 PM
Finding an obsolete laptop with a busted keyboard, TH-30 carefully calculates his aim before throwing. The laptop whizzes above the ion mine, triggering a rapid series of beeps before the mine explodes in a blue flash. Shortly afterwards, another flash of blue fires at TH-30 from the top of the garbage wall on the right. Looking up, you see a creature about the size of a human child. It's wearing a durasteel-grey robe and has glowing orange eyes underneath it's hood. It's small gloved hands are clutching an unusual pistol, which it's pointing down into the chasm with both hands. It's chattering in a language that none of you recognize.

Surprise round! Since Detsevin noticed the creature before and Ellie is actively searching, I'm going to say that they can both act during this surprise round.

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] ion damage.

MintyNinja
2015-12-30, 01:16 AM
"Not the most welcoming planet, is it?" Detsevin spouts off as he starts trying to climb the wall after the small shooter. It was a situation he was not accustomed too: Ranged Combat. He might yet need to dust off those old blaster subroutines one of these days.

Climbing Check
[roll0]

Archemist
2015-12-30, 01:24 AM
Looking up, you see a creature about the size of a human child. It's wearing a durasteel-grey robe and has glowing orange eyes underneath it's hood. It's small gloved hands are clutching an unusual pistol, which it's pointing down into the chasm with both hands. It's chattering in a language that none of you recognize.

Ellie lets out a screeching whine, akin to a Basic "Eeeaaaaaao!" of surprise. She flails her arm for a second, and a storage compartment pops open on her torso (it appears to take up a big fraction of that space). Ellie grabs at what looks like a blaster pistol within.

Ellie's not doing anything major here - taking a Move Action to open the compartment for her Surprise Round action.

Dudeons
2015-12-30, 08:31 AM
Detsevin tries to climb up to the assailant, but the garbage he uses as handholds isn't as tightly packed in as he thought. A short distance up, a chunk of a bedframe falls out of the wall when Detsevin pulls himself up on it with both hands, sending him to the ground. A few cans follow him, splashing unidentifiable but definitely expired soup-like substance on him. The creature atop the wall fires his pistol down at Detsevin.

Detsevin wasn't high enough to take fall damage, but he did roll a 1, so yeah.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Ion

Also, editable MAP! (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18X9nFfN3RdNmjpOXkNh-OMSmrqkzZc3W97TwxiVHhGE/edit?usp=sharing)

Burden King
2015-12-30, 12:49 PM
Miss S had just been ready to suggest utilizing her Camera drone to search the area around them, in order to get a better idea of who was trying to follow or watch them. However, the discovery of the Ion mine followed by it's detonation and the reveal of their unknown assailant had kept her from revealing such an idea. However, thanks to her normally fast locomotion, she was quick to pull out the sporting blaster kept hidden in her leg. "'Miss S' agitated:What is this creature's plan, attacking a group of Six alone?" She said, looking around for more threat briefly as she prepared to fire on their assailant.

2015-12-30, 01:22 PM
Even as his sensors attempted to identify the creature's weapon, TH-30 scanned his intended path for additional ordinance.

Knowledge (Technology) check to identify the creature's weapon: [roll0]
Perception check to see if there's mines close to my path travelling from Q11 to J9: [roll1]

Assuming that there's no mines in the way, I move to J9 with my move action; if I don't need to use my standard action to make a climb check, I'll go further.

EDIT: Apologies, I mean K11. I forgot to change my speed back to 30 ft when I dropped the extra speed in character creation.

Archemist
2015-12-30, 01:44 PM
Ellie fumbles a bit more, but gets the pistol out and aimed in the right direction. Then she falls over. Amazingly, she is still pointed in generally the right direction, and a blaster bolt heads out towards the hooded creature.

Move Action: finish drawing stowed pistol. Swift Action: go prone. Standard action:
Desperate Gambit (if the first roll missed): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] Energy

Upshot: Ellie is prone, but if she needed to use the Desperate Gambit attack she's only at a net +3 to Reflex defense (total 15).

Ganis
2015-12-30, 02:14 PM
ML-624 rushes past Miss S, and with a few adjustments starts to claw his way up the trash heap walls, the enmore distractions he can make for the others, the better.

He will use 4 squares to get to T 6, and then another move with his clime of 2 up the wall. Climb check if you need it, [roll0] or [roll1]

MintyNinja
2015-12-30, 06:17 PM
"Oh, that didn't seem to work," Detsevin says as he pulls himself to his feet. "Allow me to try again, with gusto!"

DET-7 // Detsevin
--- (Masculine) Droid (4th) Soldier
HP 25/30, Condition Normal
Damage Threshold 15
Defenses: Fort 15, Ref 17, Will 11
Special Actions: Full Attack

Move: Stand up from Prone
Standard: Climb check + Force Point

Climb [roll0] + Force Point [roll1]

Volthawk
2015-12-30, 07:31 PM
Rex doesn't respond, just running along the side of the junkheap before turning and giving the enemy a blast with his scatter gun.

Currently AFB, yell at me if I goof. I was surprised, so I can't use my talent to mark him, ah well

Move: Moving to S6
Standard: Shooting with the scatter gun.
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] if in PB range (pretty sure it is, but I can't check so doing it separate just in case)

Dudeons
2015-12-31, 10:23 AM
As Detsevin and ML-624 start clambering up the wall of junk, Ellie fires a shot at the hooded creature. It ducks under the shot and chatters at her in it's language as it reaches into it's cloak. Rex fires his scattergun, the close range allowing him to riddle the creature with dozens of pellets. The creature falls off the wall, dropping a small yellow ball. The ball opens up upon landing, becoming a spidery droid with several tool appendages and bright red photoreceptors. It leaps at Rex, slicing at his torso with a vibrosaw.

"Dis-ah-sem-ble!" it chants, "Dis-ah-sem-ble!"

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/4d/BuzzDroidDetail-SWE.png/revision/latest?cb=20130114153103

Damage: [roll1]

Ganis
2015-12-31, 12:00 PM
ML-624 clambers up the rest of the way and takes a look around to see what's around, as it looks like the defenders have the current situation in hand.

spending move and standard to climb up the remaining 3 squares and look around. Pperceptiin: +2, [roll0]

2015-12-31, 02:56 PM
TH-30 got a wonderful idea. Rushing over to the small droid, TG-30's arms extended out as he searched for the droid's shut-off switch.

Move to Q8. My arms can extend long enough to try and grab the small droid.

Attempt "Grab" on smaller droid: [roll0]

If grab is successful, Mechanics vs Will Defense to turn droid off: [roll1]

Volthawk
2015-12-31, 03:15 PM
Rex lets out a noise somewhat like a growl as the saw blades come closer, before the weak shield unit integrated into his body deflects the blow, leaving his body untouched. He stands his ground, merely aiming his shoulder-mounted scatter gun down at the droid and firing.

OK I have my book access back, and goddamn I really didn't have to worry about not being in PB range. 30 squares is well within the ranges here.
My SR 5 shield generator means that the droid's saws do no damage.

Move: Bugger all
Standard: Shooting the droid

Archemist
2015-12-31, 04:32 PM
Ellie switches on her charming subroutine. She exclaims in Binary, "Oooh! A fellow droid! Stop, little guy, we're like you! Your master is gone so we can all just relax."

Ellie takes a full-round to try to Persuade the little droid to move from... well, let's say it looks like "hostile" down to just "unfriendly". :smalltongue:

I mean, even a little hesitation would be nice, but I'm not expecting much.

Persuasion: [roll0] vs. its Will Defense.

MintyNinja
2015-12-31, 04:42 PM
Detsevin keeps climbing, paying no heed to the shots being fired above him.

Full Round Action, Move 3 squares upwards with Climb Check:
[roll0]

Dudeons
2016-01-01, 03:23 PM
TH-30 notices the droid's power switch, but before he can grab it Rex blasts it with his scattergun. It screeches in pain as it flies back a short distance. Then it lunges forward, ignoring Ellie's attempts to placate it.

"DIS-AH-SEM-BLE," it chants as it sets upon Rex's face with a drill, "DIS-AH-SEM-BLE.

Meanwhile, Detsevin and ML-624 reach the top of the wall of garbage. Up here, this layer of garbage seems to substitute the ground for as far as the eye can see. In the distance, you see a large elephant-like droid standing in place while grey-cloaked figures like the one you just killed are gathered around it. Off to the right, you see a dilapidated landspeeder that's crashed into the ground about 20 meters away.

Archemist
2016-01-01, 03:33 PM
Rex blasts it with his scattergun. It screeches in pain as it flies back a short distance. Then it lunges forward, ignoring Ellie's attempts to placate it.

"DIS-AH-SEM-BLE, DIS-AH-SEM-BLE.[/SPOILER]

"Fine," Ellie says. "my apologies."

She squints (or, at least, the lit up part of her eyes narrows). Then she fires her blaster at it again.

Aiming with two Swift Actions. Then attacking:
[roll0]
Desperate Gambit (if the first missed): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Ellie's Reflex for the round is 15 (+5 prone, -2 Gambit).

Edited to Add: Thank the Maker! First crit. Double that damage, if you would, kind DM, Sir. :smallbiggrin:

Volthawk
2016-01-01, 03:37 PM
Once again Rex's shielding prevents the drill from penetrating, allowing him to just fire another shot with the scatter gun.

Once again plinks off the shielding. Was thinking it'd not really be that good compared to plating that gave +5 for the same price, but hey it's great against little blows like this.

Attacking it, not using my other two actions for anything.

MintyNinja
2016-01-01, 05:54 PM
Detsevin surveys the scene and leans back to tell the others, "Primary target down. However, I must inform you that there are many more in the near distance, surrounding what seems to be a behemoth of a droid. This may have been just a scout." With his report finished, he will find the body of their attacker and investigate it's remains by pulling it's hood back.

Burden King
2016-01-01, 06:06 PM
Miss S joined in with everyone, taking note her suspicions were on point when it came to thinking there were more droids where that came up. She took aim, and fired at the small Buzz droid, recognizing it from Galactic history. With her Sporting pistol, the sound sof blaster fire launching out and burning the atmosphere between her and the droid was heard, and she took a feeling of disgust at the weapon and buried it under logic.

[roll0]

If I hit, here's damage

[roll1]

Ganis
2016-01-02, 01:53 AM
ML-624 rushes over to the speeder, to both investigate and put something between himself and the grey cloaked creature's. "Isn't this exciting. "

Run with his speed of 4 to make the 20 m, or double move and fall prone if he doesnt get cover. Going for the whole unassuming target at this point.

Dudeons
2016-01-02, 07:26 PM
As Rex fires his scattergun, the spidery droid leaps into the air and avoids the blast. However, this leaves it open to a shot from Ellie. It strikes the droid's power cell, causing the droid to erupt in flames and crash to the ground. It struggles to stand up.

"DIS-AH-SEM-BLE." the droid chants, it's voice now distorted, "DIS-AH-SEM--"

That's when Miss S shoots it once more. The droid's chanting is cut short as it collapses, slowly burning on the ground.

On top of the wall, none of the cloaked creatures seem to notice ML-624 as he scurries behind the landspeeder. The landspeeder itself seems to have nobody inside of it. It looks like it's been here longer than you have. Meanwhile, Detsevin will find that the cloaked creature fell off the wall before he climbed up. However, this angle allows him a decent look at the creature's bullet-ridden corpse.

Detsevin, make a Knowledge (galactic lore) check to identify the corpse.

Archemist
2016-01-02, 07:35 PM
As Rex fires his scattergun, the spidery droid leaps into the air and avoids the blast. However, this leaves it open to a shot from Ellie. It strikes the droid's power cell, causing the droid to erupt in flames and crash to the ground. It struggles to stand up.

"DIS-AH-SEM-BLE." the droid chants, it's voice now distorted, "DIS-AH-SEM--"

That's when Miss S shoots it once more. The droid's chanting is cut short as it collapses, slowly burning on the ground.

"Oh dear. That was a non-ideal resolution. I estimated only a 5% chance of striking its power cell but that is what seems to have occurred nonetheless. Now it is probably useless to us. Perhaps one of you mechanically-minded droids could have a look anyhow?"

In response to Detsevin's warning from above, she adds, "Wait, there are more? Where should we go? What should we do? Run?"

Ganis
2016-01-03, 02:09 AM
ML-624 starts to look over the speeder, as a new ride seems like a good idea I need these parts. "psst, Dev, keep it down, the others might see you."

doing a few rolls depending on what you want. Trying to evaluate if he can get this beast running or not. Perception +2: 1d20+2 , Mechanics +11: 1d20+11 , Knowledge: Technology +6: 1d20+6

MintyNinja
2016-01-03, 04:10 AM
"Hmm? Oh!" The combat droid modifies his vocabulator to a whispered volume, "My apologies. Now, how are we going to take those scoundrels?" He trots over to the Pit droid's hiding place and ducks down with him.

Know: Gal Lore [roll0]
Double move to get to the speeder in one turn.

Dudeons
2016-01-04, 02:43 AM
ML-624 runs a diagnostic on the landspeeder. Surprisingly enough, the speeder is in decent condition; not ideal, but certainly able to function. The only problem is that there is no fuel in the tank, which means a new power source will be required to power the speeder.

Unable to identify the cloaked creature, Detsevin runs behind the landspeeder. The sheer distance prevents the cloaked creatures in the distance from noticing him as he moves.

Burden King
2016-01-05, 10:56 AM
After dealing with the buzz droid, though in a manner she had not expected and felt some regret for, Miss S drove herself over to the obviously unscalable garbage wall. Yes, it was clearly unscalable to any droid, and the other two only got up there with some obviously illegal droid mods. Obviously....

"'Miss S' slight annoyance: What is going on up there?"

She asked, raising her voice so they could hear her from below.

Ganis
2016-01-05, 05:36 PM
ML-624 trots over to the edge, trying to keep the speeder between him and the pack of robed creatures. "There is a group of those creaturea off a bit, some large pack beast as well. We also found a speeder, looks serviceable, but needs fuel. Check the bodies for anything useful, we might be able to jump start the ride up here."

Archemist
2016-01-07, 06:39 PM
Ellie does not seem like the most knowledgeable of droids, but she gamely heeds ML-624's suggestion. She gets up and goes over to the droid they'd incapacitated and examines it. She hefts it with her arm, trying to determine if it is small enough to carry up the hill, or which of the other droids would be better suited to that task.

Regardless, she then goes over to the robed figure and pokes at it gingerly. She searches it for any comlink, and takes its weapon and stows it in her compartment.

She calls up softly in Binary, "Shall we come up there, then? Or should we look for some fuel down here... or over by the landslide, perhaps?"

Dudeons
2016-01-08, 04:11 AM
Inspecting the burnt chassis, Ellie finds that much of the droid's circuitry and wiring has been burnt out by the fire. The droid seems relatively lightweight, feeling like only a few kilograms. Even a one-armed nanny-bot could manage to carry it if necessary. The robed figure does not react to Ellie's poking. Searching it's robes, she finds the gun and a commlink.

Up top, Detsevin notices that the cloaked figures are talking among themselves in their own language. A few times they motion towards the canyon where the other droids are located, and their tone seems to express concern.

MintyNinja
2016-01-08, 12:49 PM
Detsevin watches the cloaked figures and soon the whole situation seems to fit in his processor. The one they wiped out was a scout, or was looking to modify this speeder when it happened upon a group of droids walking alone. Thinking himself smart, the hooded creature set up the ambush but was summarily cut down. Now his fellows are likely wondering why there's been no change as of yet in the state of the speeder or a response from their scout. With all this sorted out, Detsevin realizes that it's only a few moments more before they're likely to investigate for themselves and so he hurries back to the cliff side. "Greetings again, we seem to be in a situation. This scout is expected to report back or rig up this speeder and return to his fellows likely soon. We should either get going down the chasm, or stage our own counter ambush. They may have supplies enough to get us to civilization," he says.