PDA

View Full Version : SciFantasy RPG?

Anderlith
2015-12-24, 02:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew any Sci fantasy RPG systems, something with the feel of Dune & StarWars & Warhammer 40k. Sure 40k & star wars have their respective gamelines but I was hoping for something a bit more generic or something that I can customize more fluffwise

GrayDeath
2015-12-24, 02:11 PM
Aside from GURPS with its buckload of SciFi material and great Customizeability? ^^

Systemwise you might try the Shadowrun System, its been proven to work equally well with magic and SciFi.
YOu would need to do ALL the Fluff yourself though.

solidork
2015-12-24, 04:38 PM
Titansgrave is another possibility, and you can get a feel for it if you like by watching the show on the Geek and Sundry Youtube channel.

neonchameleon
2015-12-24, 04:56 PM
I was wondering if anyone new any Sci fantasy RPG systems, something with the feel of Dune & StarWars & Warhammer 40k. Sure 40k & star wars have their respective gamelines but I was hoping for something a bit more generic or something that I can customize more fluffwise

How new is new? And those are three very different feels you have there.

Anderlith
2015-12-24, 05:53 PM
Sorry, I don't have a computer only ky phone & it likes to autocorrect. *knew

I just love the recreation of old things with scifi/fantasy tech. Things that invoke an old world vibe with space tech. Like laser swords & power armor. Space ships & travel reminiscent of old world sailing

solidork
2015-12-24, 08:47 PM
There is also Numenera, which is a setting so far in the future that the super advanced technology of the past is treated like magic, so you get that kind of juxtaposing.

WrathMage
2015-12-26, 06:16 AM
It's an oldie, but still supported... You could try Fading Suns. Combines lots of aspects of different settings but in a way that feels unique. Dueling shields and noble houses from Dune? Yep, got that covered. Space opera and light/dark magic powers from Star Wars? Sure, no problem. There are really clear 40k influences too.

It's one i have loved for a long time so i feel like i should shout about it when i can.

Florian
2015-12-26, 09:26 AM
Pathfinder has the Technology Guide and a very dedicated SciFantasy AP going along with that. The rules mesh well and you can start creating a long of things from there, starting with He-Men and going upward from there.

Eisenheim
2015-12-26, 11:53 AM
There's a few fate settings that could work for you. Take a look at Aether Sea, Sails Full of Stars and Three Rocketeers.

Kadzar
2015-12-28, 09:49 PM
Is there a reason Spelljammer hasn't been mentioned yet?

Anderlith
2015-12-28, 11:24 PM
None of those are quite what I'm looking fo. I'm basically looking for Warhammer 40k without the current fluff. The gothic SciFi feel, or Dune which to me felt like European intrigue with psychic spice & space travel.

Spockears
2015-12-29, 04:31 AM
Baroque sounds like the game for you. I have a copy but have never played. Uses the Fate system. Unfortunately I can't post a link but a quick Google search should find it easily. It's also available at Drivethrurpg.

Mutazoia
2015-12-29, 04:35 AM
None of those are quite what I'm looking fo. I'm basically looking for Warhammer 40k without the current fluff. The gothic SciFi feel, or Dune which to me felt like European intrigue with psychic spice & space travel.

You do know there is a Dune RPG, right?

Anderlith
2015-12-29, 08:52 AM
Yes, & I'm looking for something more generic, just with the same vibe