PDA

View Full Version : This title used to be a spoiler II

Zakama
2007-06-12, 02:47 PM
Come here to pay last respects to Miko. Of all the souls I have met in my travels... Hers was the most...

Human...

The Tomb

{table=2]:miko:[/table]

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 02:48 PM
*Slaps the body 18 times and is dragged away by security*
"Hahahahaha dead! FINALLY!"

jindra34
2007-06-12, 02:49 PM
Dude respect the dead...

truemane
2007-06-12, 02:50 PM
Come here to pay last respects to Miko. Of all the souls I have met in my travels... Hers was the most...

Human...

The Tomb

{table=2]:miko:[/table]

She's dead, Zakama.

Rad
2007-06-12, 02:52 PM
I really wish she had more time. Say goodbye to windstriker for me.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 02:52 PM
Some people have no respect...

Farewell Miko, never have I known one so misunderstood. All we can ever be is the product of what others do to us, if only someone found the patience to reach out to a loney woman. I shall always remember you for what you could have been.

Lumpy
2007-06-12, 02:55 PM
I've come to pay my respects, too...

[Z-z-z-zip....]

thehothead
2007-06-12, 02:56 PM
All I have felt towards you has ever been a mix of hatred and pity. The last few moments of your life left only the pity.

Scarab83
2007-06-12, 02:57 PM
Dude respect the dead...

Dude, she's a fictional character. She's not dead because she was never alive in the first place.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-06-12, 03:00 PM
There's a chance this might not be the end of Miko. (though it probibly will be, she was getting annoying) Resurect can be cast by a 13th level cleric, and she could be summoned like Eugine Greenhilt or become a ghost. But like I said Rich probibly saw the waves of Miko-hate and decided to eliminate the character.

ravenkith
2007-06-12, 03:05 PM
Farewell Miko.

You did your duty as you saw fit, and never compromised with evil, in any of it's many forms.

You tried to be a shining beacon of good.

But to people used to living in the darkness, light is only something that pains them.

You've gone to a better place, where none can doubt your...uh...

...'singular' sense of purpose.

I'm sure the Gods will see the value in returning you to the plane of your birth, granting you what many do not ever receive: a second chance.

It is my fervent hope to see you embrace such a possibility wholeheartedly, renewing the Sapphire Guard with your return to the land of the living.

</doublespeak>

truemane
2007-06-12, 03:08 PM
Dude, she's a fictional character. She's not dead because she was never alive in the first place.

I'm sorry, I know words but that makes no sense...

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 03:12 PM
Hey... there's only half of Miko in this casket.

OKAY, who stole her lower half? Tsukiko? Tell the truth!

Bluesilver
2007-06-12, 03:13 PM
I really wish she had more time. Say goodbye to windstriker for me.
Me too.:smallfrown:

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 03:13 PM
So long, Marianne... Crap Miko doesn't fit , Mizayaki too:smallbiggrin:

Anyway, farewell Miko;
I was thinking about quotes from "Lord of the rings " or something but it would be poseur .

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Gygaxphobia
2007-06-12, 03:16 PM
Miko: I would love to have played as you, as much as I would have hated to play with you.
So long.

Sylian
2007-06-12, 03:20 PM
She had quasi-good intentions. Sure, a little hubris, but she did what she thought was right. Farewell, Miko. Rest in Peace.

BRC
2007-06-12, 03:27 PM
So long, Marianne... Crap Miko doesn't fit , Mizayaki too:smallbiggrin:

Anyway, farewell Miko;
I was thinking about quotes from "Lord of the rings " or something but it would be poseur .

Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you
And always look on the bright side of life.

Personally, Miko was a great character, and I think that somthing like this would have been the way she would have wanted to die.

Kioran
2007-06-12, 03:27 PM
You got the dignified death, and, most importantly, the kind words you have needed and deserved after all this ordeal. I hope you find peace after all.

Morty
2007-06-12, 03:33 PM
Farewell Miko, and may your death at last liberate he forum from the grasp of threads about you. We'll all breathe lightly.

elliott20
2007-06-12, 03:35 PM
farewell, miko, the board will have 99% less threads now that you're gone.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 03:38 PM
For the people who told me to "respect the dead":

I will as soon as the dead earn it. Especially the dead fictional characters.

*kick miko corpse*

Miklus
2007-06-12, 03:39 PM
<Swats away the swarm of Miko-hates dancing on her grave>

I, for one, am sad to see Miko go out like this. I would much rather have prefered an "open end", like maybe riding off towards the sunset. It would have given the poor girl a chance to find out who she really was. We only saw the smiting machine she was brought up to be. She never really got a chance to persue her own happyness.

ravenkith
2007-06-12, 03:39 PM
Probably why the giant finally offed her: to alleviate the board traffic problem. :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2007-06-12, 03:40 PM
farewell, miko, the board will have 99% less threads now that you're gone.

Not likely, goodbye implausible theories about Miko turning into a blackguard or being reedeemed, Hello highly implausible theories about Miko coming back to life.

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 03:44 PM
<Swats away the swarm of Miko-hates dancing on her grave>

I, for one, am sad to see Miko go out like this. I would much rather have prefered an "open end", like maybe riding off towards the sunset. It would have given the poor girl a chance to find out who she really was. We only saw the smiting machine she was brought up to be. She never really got a chance to persue her own happyness.

A smiting machine is what she turned out to be.

elliott20
2007-06-12, 03:49 PM
Not likely, goodbye implausible theories about Miko turning into a blackguard or being reedeemed, Hello highly implausible theories about Miko coming back to life.

Hello highly implausible theories about Miko coming back to life with Samantha, Pa, Yikyik, yukyuk, Zz'drt, and Helga, forming the Order of the Characters who no longer serve a purpose.

Lumpy
2007-06-12, 04:00 PM
It would have given the poor girl a chance to find out who she really was.

Dude, RAY CHARLES could see her for what she really was!

Twilight Jack
2007-06-12, 04:03 PM
For Miko: a single white rose tied with an azure ribbon.

May you find your place.

Axl_Rose
2007-06-12, 04:21 PM

Very good logic there. So my shoe was never alive in the first place, does that mean it's not dead too? :smallconfused:

just playing. I know what you mean, that ppl ought not be so emotionally distraught over a fictitious character.

TheNovak
2007-06-12, 04:31 PM
Adios, muchacha. I'd say somethin' belligerent like "rest in pieces," but hell...you already are.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 04:32 PM
I know what you mean, that ppl ought not be so emotionally distraught over a fictitious character.

If you are unable to feel empathy for fictional characters I actually think you're missing out on a lot. Good literature or film making touches the soul and makes us richer for it. If you don't feel that I pity you immensly.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 04:34 PM
If you are unable to feel empathy for fictional characters I actually think you're missing out on a lot. Good literature or film making touches the soul and makes us richer for it. If you don't feel that I pity you immensly.

And if you are so effected by fictional characters that you actually feel dead ones should be respected, I feel immense sympathy for you, and beg that you seek help.

outlander
2007-06-12, 04:37 PM
Of course miko was a fictional character, so no one should cry.

But within the context of the story, we can feel something for her.

Really, this thread needs to cool down.

As to miko, what happened to her has happened to a lot of real people. Becoming so certain of your "righteousness" that you can't accept that you might be wrong no matter how great the evidence.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 04:40 PM
And if you are so effected by fictional characters that you actually feel dead ones should be respected, I feel immense sympathy for you, and beg that you seek help.

Respect the fictional dead? No. Respect for people who start a thread to lament that death? Yes. It's called being polite... Actually it's called 'Not trolling'

Kioran
2007-06-12, 04:42 PM

Yeah well, then count me in. I don´t get overly agitated and let my opinion on things OoTS interfere with my RL, however, I tend to get emotionally involved. I think this a real tragic story, and while nothing dictates that you should maintain decorum, as no one has really died, there are at least 3 other "finally she´s dead Threads out there. You know, there are some who actually become emotionally involved. Aye whatever.

*tips his hat in salute to the deceased*

Ganurath
2007-06-12, 04:43 PM
We are gathered here today to remember the life of Miko Miyazaki. Although some gathered here among us would wish her ill and pay her disrespects, it should be noted that her misdeeds could not be placed solely upon her. Between growing up without parent figures, living constantly in battle with the greatest evils mortals can imagine, and being antagonized by certain halflings that will not be named, she has lived a life of suffering and hardship. Despite all of this, she has always strived to do good in her life. Miko Miyazaki, your efforts toward good will be an inspiration for generations to come. May you rest in peace.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 04:43 PM
Respect the fictional dead? No. Respect for people who start a thread to lament that death? Yes. It's called being polite... Actually it's called 'Not trolling'

I'm not trolling, I'm expressing my opinion on the subject at hand.

LordVader
2007-06-12, 04:46 PM
Farewell. It's a testament to your tragedy that you elicted the most compassion out of me, and I believe everyone else, at your death. R.I.P. (even though I hated you:smallsmile:)

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 04:50 PM
AND openly slapping people in the face. There are already multiple "Yay! Miko's dead!" thread, go post in any of them. Also, I've reported you for your constant anti-Miko bombardment; it seems like your asking for a flame war.

And there are already other "Boo Miko's Dead" threads.

Threads are not 1 sided things.

And feel free to report. I don't feel I've done anything wrong.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 04:53 PM
AND openly slapping people in the face. There are already multiple "Yay! Miko's dead!" thread, go post in any of them. Also, I've reported you for your constant anti-Miko bombardment; it seems like your asking for a flame war.

With all respect, you in other thread (mr.Scruffy fans thread) stated that mr.Scruffy is thing, you hate him and he should die. So i don't think reporting for "anti- Miko" is fair from your side.

LordVader
2007-06-12, 04:55 PM
If it's a funeral, the bad things should be said alongside the good. Haven't you ever read Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card?

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 04:56 PM
If it's a funeral, the bad things should be said alongside the good. Haven't you ever read Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card?

Exactly, the story of a person is to be told as it was, not as it should have been, or how would be nice.

Miko was a bad person, a murderer, and a psychopath. That's the truth of her "life".

Hlaford
2007-06-12, 04:57 PM
She died as she lived, surrounded by destruction and riven torsos.

teratorn
2007-06-12, 04:57 PM
AND openly slapping people in the face. There are already multiple "Yay! Miko's dead!" thread, go post in any of them.

That's overreacting. He's just obsessed with Miko, and hates a fictional character to the point of harassing people who like it. I find it unhealthy but he's not breaking any rules.

She'll be back, nuff said.

Gygaxphobia
2007-06-12, 04:59 PM
With comments like this, yes he is out of order.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 05:00 PM
Miko was a bad person, a murderer, and a psychopath. That's the truth of her "life".

Did anyone stand up at General Patton funeral and say things which are unprintable? No, despite the fact he was all of the above. Why? I like to think it's because his friends and family were there...

Edit: Gygaxphobia, he was refering to me and I didn't take offence. Maybe he was out of line but I'm big enough to laugh off a joke at my expense (It was actually sorta funny.) Besides if he can watch the Godfather, Leon, Shawshank Redemption and feel nothing. If he can read the Sicialian or Captain Corelle's Mandolin and feel nothing... As I said, I feel pity.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-12, 05:02 PM

I'm not really sure how that post was any different from the post it was a response to.

Spiryt
2007-06-12, 05:02 PM
She'll be back, nuff said.

I think that it will be complete climate- broke, but who knows. Maybe it will be good reason why.

teratorn
2007-06-12, 05:05 PM

The irony on that particular comment of his just made me laugh. He is way more obsessed with Miko than most of the people who like her.

Okrainets
2007-06-12, 05:09 PM
Did anyone stand up at General Patton funeral and say things which are unprintable? No, despite the fact he was all of the above. Why? I like to think it's because his friends and family were there...

Oh? And you're, what, 'her' friends and family?

It's a stick figure in a webcomic. It's absurd that you compare feeling pity for 'her' to feeling pity for a character in a novel.

The existance of this thread itself is really, really pathetic.

LordVader
2007-06-12, 05:10 PM
The point is, she had both good and bad points. True, she was immenesly egotistical and arrogant, and couldn't see her own shortcomings. But she also had a good person inside, and I truly felt for her there at the end. I, a Miko hater, honestly hope we get to see her redeem herself.
Guys, this is bordering on flaming. Let's get back to the topic, and remember, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it!"-A Wise Person. :smallsmile:

I don't know if you've read the rules, but stuff like that, I believe, is considered flaming. Some people mourn Miko, just like some mourned Roy. Let it be.

doliemaster
2007-06-12, 05:11 PM
Miko should die as she lived, NO COMPROMISE, throws grenade at the upper half of her corpse.

Either a full corpse or no corpse, thats miko.

Zakama
2007-06-12, 05:13 PM
*Pushes back on topic*

Geez, get a thread!

fwiffo
2007-06-12, 05:31 PM
Poetry corner:

Here lies Miko, she is dead
Some people happy, some are sad
And people like me, we simply dread
Reading another Miko thread.

Or maybe

Though I hate her, I won't laugh
I'll respect mourning on her behalf
She died with a bang, and though she was tough
Destroying the gate cut her in half

How about

She knew only duty, she felt no joy
She always caused grief for our old Buddy Roy
Wherever she went, she could only annoy
She was half a person, she could only destroy

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 05:33 PM
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Miko got her ass capped.

Hm... that doesn't rhyme the way it should.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 05:44 PM
I once saw a little worm, wriggling on it's belly
I wonder if it'd like to come inside, and see what's on the telly
... or maybe I'll just smite it.

Simons Mith
2007-06-12, 05:53 PM
So my shoe was never alive in the first place, does that mean it's not dead too?

Well, shoes do have soles.

lonewolf23k
2007-06-12, 06:26 PM
I was never one of Miko's fans, nor was I ever one of her haters, so I come here as a neutral voice..

The life of Miko Miyazaki was one of unrelenting duty, lack of touch with the reality of the world around her, unwavering belief in her own moral superiority, and an unwillingness to even accept the possibility she was ever wrong.

...In short, a tragedy in the making if there was ever one. And in the end, her story was a tragedy in the true greek (or japanese) tradition, the story of a warrior following her duty beyond all reason, culminating in an inevitably tragic death that, had the character not been blindly following duty, could've been avoided..

Farewell, Miko. May you at last now be free of your duties.

Snipers_Promise
2007-06-12, 06:27 PM
*Gives Heartbreaking speach* Present Arms. Fire! *21 Gun Salute*

Cade Shadow
2007-06-12, 06:34 PM
*cade Shadow sobs in front*

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKO!!!! !!!!!!!

MiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MIKO WHY?

WHAT DID SHE DO WRONG (don't you dare comment)

WHAT DID SHE DO TO DESERVE DEATH! (you are still not daring!)

MiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIKO!

She was the bane of all evil, the blesst paladin of the sapphire, the whirlwind of divine righteousness, why must she have died.

Miko has been rent in twain, body and soul. She was lost and adrift on the sea of confusion. Her body will be healed by us, her soul of her own choosing. May she learn to throw away the worser part of it.

Miko, I bow to you now.

Ar-Sakal
2007-06-12, 06:35 PM
Look, I am all for creating a gigantic funeral pyre, singing "Amazin' Grace" while the 10 guys left from Azure City's army shoots flaming arrows in her honor and burning her body with all the respect. Then we spread the ashes to the sea and pray the Twelve Gods receive Miko.

As long as we make it impossible for her to be resurrected any way!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Miko is dead!!!!!!

Hann
2007-06-12, 06:37 PM
Many that live deserve to die, and many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Miko?

:miko:
Paladin of the Sapphire Guard
Over-reactor
Halfling-Hater
Hero

Lex Sandar
2007-06-12, 06:55 PM
She did her best. Perhaps in another life she'll have a chance to do better and learn from her mistakes.

thehothead
2007-06-12, 06:59 PM
I may have hated you in life, but the earnest desire to see windstrider reminded me that there was still an ounce of good in you, that you weren't entirely arrogant, and that you... cared. It is THAT part of you I mourn for. If I had one last wish about your life, it would be that people would have realized that earlier, and that people would realize that NOW.

Goodbye.

Kgw
2007-06-12, 06:59 PM
Farewell, Miko
You never gave people the chance to befriend you, so you leave no friends.
You never try to understand the others, so the others couldn't understand you.
But you were a brave warrior, and feared the gods. And you died fighting for them. No end could've been any better.

Rest in peace.

Sigbru
2007-06-12, 07:00 PM
There's a chance this might not be the end of Miko. (though it probibly will be, she was getting annoying) Resurect can be cast by a 13th level cleric, and she could be summoned like Eugine Greenhilt or become a ghost. But like I said Rich probibly saw the waves of Miko-hate and decided to eliminate the character.

But you first have to be insane to WANT to raise her, and CAN you raise someone cut in half ?
i almost see the Horse and master reunion
:miko: Windstriker ! My beloved horse
Windstriker: WTF

Alias
2007-06-12, 07:07 PM
Lay down...
Your sweet and weary head...
Night is falling.
You have come to journey's end.
Sleep now....
Dream of the ones who came before.
They are calling
From across a distant shore.

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see...
All of your fear will pass away.
Safe in my arms...
Your only sleeping.

What can you see...
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea...
The pale moon rises.
The ships will come to carry you home.
And all will turn...
To silver glass...
A light on the water...
All souls pass.

Hope fades...
Into the world of night...
Through shadows falling...
Out of memory and time.
Don't say...
You have come now to the end.
White shores are calling...
You and I will meet again.
And you'll be here...
In my heart...
Just dreaming.

What can you see...
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea...
The pale moon rises...
The ships have come
To carry you home!
And all will turn...
To silver glass...
A light on the water...
Grey ships pass...
Into the west.

NeonRonin
2007-06-12, 07:11 PM
Miko...

As much as I hated the way you saw things in black and white, jumped to conclusions and generally made a nuisance of yourself, I will admit that at the very least you thought you were doing the right thing. I can only hope that in the other world you will come to realize the value of being human, that you were just as capable of making mistakes as the next guy. And also that not everything in life is about duty, or always being ready to smite evil.

As Roy Greenhilt once said, you need to compromise a little. And even though you thought the worst of him, I hope with time to reflect you will realize that being in the company of Belkar does not make somebody else inherently evil. Nor should you hate him because he turned down your offer of a relationship after you spent days turning him down; nor should you hate him for pointing out some of your own shortcomings in that very same rejection.

Whether your spirit heeds my words or not, I may never know. But one thing is certain. A person who is willing to face oblivion for the sake of defeating evil deserves some modicum of respect- even if their actions are not always the best ones. You may have done the wrong things for all the right reasons, but at least they were, in some way, the right reasons.

While you will not have my forgiveness for Shojo's death and your subsequent attack on Hinjo... you will at least have my respect.

--------------------
:miko:
Miko Miyazaki
Samurai of the Sapphire Guard
Died at the Battle of Azure City
28 years old
Semper Fidelis

mikeejimbo
2007-06-12, 07:15 PM
Very good logic there. So my shoe was never alive in the first place, does that mean it's not dead too? :smallconfused:

just playing. I know what you mean, that ppl ought not be so emotionally distraught over a fictitious character.

Yes, it does mean it's not dead. It's not living matter, either. It's non-living.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-06-12, 07:31 PM
A fittingly heroic death for a heroic (while unpopular) character.

While Miko had no peace in life, may she find peace in death.