PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Potentially Viable Potions Help

Alistaroc
2015-12-25, 08:12 PM
So, Legends & Lairs', Sorcery & Steam has a neat little feat called Brew Injection; basically it's Brew Potion, but in a syringe, so that it can be administered in battle or to an unconscious person. While Cure Light/Moderate,/Serious Wounds are all valid little syringes to get friends out of negatives, what other spells would be useful in such a special potion? Anything 3rd level or lower is valid, and I'd like to hear your thoughts on both positive and negative injections. :smallbiggrin:

avr
2015-12-25, 09:07 PM
Lesser Restoration, Delay Poison, Resist Energy and Enlarge Person are the standard potions. They should be just as good as injections.

On the hostile side, the save DCs are still going to suck. What sort of character are you starting with?

Alistaroc
2015-12-25, 09:47 PM
Lesser Restoration, Delay Poison, Resist Energy and Enlarge Person are the standard potions. They should be just as good as injections.

On the hostile side, the save DCs are still going to suck. What sort of character are you starting with?
Hmmm
I hadn't really thought about applying it to a real build, but I imagine an Archivist 10/Master Alchemist 10 would be okay? I'm not really sure.
It seems an Archivist base would be best to get the spells at as low of a level as possible, and Master Alchemist's potion-cap-raising doesn't work with Injections by RAW, but would probably fly with any DM.
Any ideas/suggestions?

avr
2015-12-25, 11:36 PM
Well, if you're a sufficiently nice guy to be able to use spells from the Book of Exalted Deeds, Lastal's Caress has no save and does nasty things to evil people.

You don't need to talk to inject someone - right? - so Silence cast on yourself may be viable and effective against some enemies.

If your GM is OK with it, Shivering Touch is shockingly good.

Edit: besides these, there are the usual spells which allow saves you can try. Command, Hold Person, Blindness, Wrack; obviously not at all reliable given item save DCs.

Jack_Simth
2015-12-25, 11:47 PM
Acid Arrow is always loads of fun to slip into a potion. Scales by caster level, no cap other than how long you let it run. Makes for an unpleasant surprise to the person who thought they were immune to poison....

Uncle Pine
2015-12-26, 03:35 AM
Seething Eyebane is solid, as are most corrupted spells since the corruption cost for using magic items that contain corrupt spells has to be payed by the one who uses the item, which in case of a potion is the one who drinks it. A potion of Seething Eyebane in particular deals 1d6 Con damage immediately without a save and then forces a Fort save (with a reduces bonus due to the Con damage). If the target fails, its eyes also explode and the creature is blinded. And it's a 1st level spell, so you can probably find some metamagic feats to make it even nastier.