PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying a Dragonborn Cleric of Io/Asgorath

kraftcheese
2015-12-25, 10:48 PM
So I'm playing a dragonborn war cleric of Io in my current campaign; I was going to go a Cleric of Knowledge to be in line with Io's portfolio, but decided against it because we already have two casters and my character can still pursue magic despite of/protect important knowledge through his strength and skill at arms (I mean my char is a scholar at heart, its just that his heart is surrounded by MUSCLES).

We've been transported to a heavily off-source version of Sigil and coerced into doing work for an organisation that claims theyre committed to keeping peace and balance in the multiverse (trying to keep good and evil/law and chaos in check); and it came up during roleplay that my char was sent to study and become a Cleric to help support his faming and clutch of siblings.

I'm trying to work out ways to link him back to his origins (family, heritage as a creation/evolution/former slave race of dragons; the DM says he doesn't have a set idea the origins of the Dragonborn race, as mine is potentially one of an infinite number on the infinite prime material planes) and how that relates to his God, Io, the Big Dragon God and parent of Bahamut and Tiamat.

Family wise, I was thinking of him trying to find ways to send letters and money back to his family (I'm sure there'll be somewhere in Sigil that can do that) but if you guys can think of any ideas and ideals my character could have from his background I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!