PDA

View Full Version : The Scarlet Empire Strikes Back (IC)

josienoms
2015-12-26, 12:25 AM
The city of Parapet lies within a few days' ride of Jiara, but still within the Satrapy itself. The people of Parapet have always sworn allegiance to the Amirah of Jiara, who in this day and age is Perfect Soul. As a result, Parapet is one of the few Jiaran cities that Perfect Soul's rebellion holds against the forces of House Mnemon.

Parapet is a walled city, heavily fortified and resting on high ground. It's the perfect place to hold off Mnemon's legions. Perfect Soul and her circle have reinforced these defenses, before they left to seek the ancient lore and artifacts beneath Jiara itself.

Luckily for you all, Parapet is one of the few places left in Creation where Solar Exalted can walk unafraid of exposing what they are. The people love Perfect Soul, and decry any accusation that Solars are Anathema. In the city square, merchants are busy hawking their wares, the people of the city milling about their business on a warm Spring afternoon. Nothing seems amiss, until the doors of the temple are thrown wide open.

The Jiarans are a very religious people, and put a great deal of stock in the words of their oracles and soothsayers. The temple doors rarely swing out like this. Only when grave portents have been foretold. A wizened old priest steps out of the temple, and rushes down the stairs. A shadow passes over the bright midday sun as the oracle speaks, his voice wavering but still clear enough to be heard by the entire square.

"People or Parapet! I bring sad tidings of what will come to pass. Our beloved Amirah, Perfect Soul, will never return. She has made her last journey, and will fall into darkness beneath Jiara. The Legions are already on their way."

With that said, the old man collapses, and the city begins to panic. Most people simply start to talk excitedly amongst themselves, others run screaming, dropping their purchases in the street.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-26, 12:31 AM
Six walks the streets, seeing people clamor and mutter. Not from around here she has no idea what the big deal is. She grabs the arm of someone passing by. "Hey... who is this soul person and why is it causing a panic?"

Obscurejones
2015-12-26, 12:55 AM
The giant looks up and down the street. Shrugs. Flips a fallen package into the air with his tail and inspects it.

JonRG
2015-12-26, 01:39 AM
Raziel rushes to the priest's side, not even bothering to take his purchases. He presses two fingers to the old man's neck.

Dante Falcon
2015-12-26, 02:19 AM
Sagra, or Vagrant, it wasn't easy to tell, snorted in response to the chaos at the announcement. Granted they had only arrived in town that day so he knew not how important this individual truly was, but even the greatest of heroes must one day return their souls to the heavens. It was their duty to struggle for its survival but still to accept this fate, as it would befall everyone.

Sagra rode and marshaled Vagrant through the crowd up to the fallen priest and the kneeling man attending him now, speaking from horseback in a bit of an odd accent. Understandable but occasionally using the wrong emphasis and slurring his words slightly. "How is the...." He struggled for a bit with the words, thinking carefully "shaman? Speaker for the divine?"

josienoms
2015-12-27, 12:19 AM
The stranger that Six grabs looks down at her in shock.

"She is our Amriah. Our rightful Queen! Only her strength has held Mnemon and her Legions at bay these past five years."

Raziel find the old priest's pulse easily. It seems strong, he likely simply passed out after the vision, it doesn't appear that he's in any immediate danger of death.

JonRG
2015-12-27, 12:47 AM
Raziel huffs the bangs from his eyes and squints up at the stranger. "He's fine. Just fainted. It can happen after particularly strenuous visions." He gives a small wave. "I'm not sure I recognize your accent. Where are you from?"

Kell_tamer
2015-12-27, 01:02 AM
Six scratches her head and shrugs. "oh..." She looks around and continues on her way. This wasn't her town, she didn't know who was in charge, and much more importantly, her followers hadn't had a decent meal in almost five weeks of walking. She waved them to follow and headed in the direction where she could smell food.

Dante Falcon
2015-12-27, 02:58 AM
Vagrant turned his head and pushed his head lightly against Raziel, prompting an eye roll from Sagra. "The East. There is no more correct answer. I was born amid the grass and trees of creation and have done naught but travel them. Does this fainting happen often then?"

Another head push from Vagrant against Raziel and a sharp exhale had Sagra sigh down at his mount and climb down. "Yes I know that is what I said, but that doesn't mean you should be rude to others. Pay Vagrant no mind, he gets like this when he's hungry." Some deep fishing in a saddle bag produced an apple that Sagra took a bite of first before offering it to his horse who ate it out of his hand.

JonRG
2015-12-27, 03:35 AM
"It's... not unheard of, but no. Not often. Though it can vary from prophet to prophet. Some are more vulnerable to fainting spells than others. I've not been in Parapet long, so I don't know this man's particular habits." Raziel withdraws a towel from his backpack and places it under the priest's head and neck. "I'm Raziel, by the way."

OracleofSilence
2015-12-27, 06:11 PM
Crane was leaning against a wall in the square, head tilted back, eyes closed. It had been a long few days of travel to Parapet, and local excitement or no, some rest was a good thing. Once things died down, a thought whispered, there would be students to seek out, or at least the potential for students. A fine opportunity. For now though, Crane was an outsider, and an armed outsider at that. The best thing was to be calm, unthreatening, and relaxed.

To hell with that.

Crane heads towards the supine priest, kneeling next to him and watching with some curiosity the ongoing exchange between the horseman and... medic? "Please excuse, Brothers, but what does the disappearance of an Amirah mean? Is there a successor ready?

Dante Falcon
2015-12-27, 08:36 PM
"Sagra, and this is my brother Vagrant." Vagrant, for his part, was very intently eating the apple and would have no part in this socializing nonsense until it was gone. "I'd offer a handshake but your hand would end up with enough dust it'd never be clean."

"As for a successor, we" he gave a nod to Vagrant as he said we "have no idea. We were just passing through town when all this happened. Nor do I understand the significance of the disappearance, especially why people would go to this much panic over it."

JonRG
2015-12-27, 08:47 PM
Raziel feels the old man's forehead with the back of his hand. The priest was alive, so Raz's primary concern was fever, brain injury, or a concussion from the fall. "Amriah's the title they give to their queen. Right now, it's Perfect Soul, one of the Solar Exalted. Her presence and leadership have kept the Realm out of Jiara. Without her, the Legions march in. Hunts annihilate the Solar Exalted, and the people are ground into dust for their insolence." He'd be alarmed how easy it was to return to Dynast mindset if it didn't come in handy so often.

OracleofSilence
2015-12-28, 08:20 PM
"Good to know. Always enjoyed being crushed for my insolence."

josienoms
2015-12-28, 11:38 PM
The old priest starts to come to, rubbing at his eyes.

"There is a successor. The man who already sits on the throne of Jiara, sadly. The puppet prince installed by House Mnemon. While Perfect Soul was our rightful Amirah, she was obviously not the legally recognized ruler."

At that point, a voice calls out to the priest.

"I can't believe what I'm hearing. The Anathema is finally gone?"

A tall, broadly built man walks out of a nearby restaurant.

"If that's the case, then I have an announcement to make."

The crowd pauses, and looks at the man.

"My name is Mnemon Liu. In the name of my great-grandmother, I claim this city. My cousin, the Satrap, will be most pleased to know that this rebellion is over. I understand that you were all deceived by the Anthema that called itself Perfect Soul. I'll try to make sure that the city isn't punished too harshly. But in the end, you will all submit to the Realm, and to House Mnemon."

Obscurejones
2015-12-29, 12:00 AM
The giant thinks for a moment. And then bites his thumb at the dynast.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-29, 12:01 AM
Six looks up at the new man. An eyebrow raises on the child's face.

"... you mind? Your showboating is getting in the way of my people and I getting some well deserved lunch. " She walks forward past the guy and gives a rather hard shove.

Sith_Happens
2015-12-29, 01:40 AM
[A nearby street, ~30 seconds ago]

Rising Sun strolls down the busy market street, looking for the pastry shop he'd been told this morning was to die for. Instead he finds a rush of panicked citizens heading straight for him. Without even bothering to ask one of them what's the matter the crimson-haired warrior immediately breaks into a full sprint, following the tide of bodies upstream to its source.

[The square, present time]

Just as Mnemon Liu finishes speaking a red and gold blur rushes into view, resolving into a tall, armored man brandishing something vaguely resembling a lance as it comes to a stop in the center of the square. Looking around rapidly for any obvious threats and finding none, Rising Sun's eyes instead lock on to the most readily apparent victim: the old man being tended to by Raziel. He points Piercing Heart at the two of them just before speaking more than loudly enough for them to notice.

"You two, what just happened here!?"

JonRG
2015-12-29, 05:42 PM
"First of all," Raziel begins in a level voice that is nevertheless audible over the din, "there's no need to yell. We're not deaf. So how about you come on over here, and use your inside voice? Spear down." He waggles an appropriate gesture.

josienoms
2015-12-30, 12:15 AM
Liu's eyes narrow as Six shoves past him. His voice is positively icy.

"Where are your parents, girl?"

Meanwhile, the priest lifts up his head, wincing with the effort of getting back up. He waves a hand at Raziel, asking to be helped to his feet. He looks at Rising Sun.

"Don't worry about me, young man. I'll be fine. Particularly strenuous visions can cause me to pass out at times. Particularly as I get older."

Sith_Happens
2015-12-30, 12:15 AM
"Seriously? ...You know what, fine."

Rising Sun approaches Raziel and the priest, his weapon shrinking by about three feet of length as he lowers it. Once he's come within a few yards he speaks somewhat more softly and with obvious annoyance in his voice.

"So? What happened?"

Kell_tamer
2015-12-30, 12:18 AM
Six shrugs. "Probably dead... There a reason you are yammering? Cause you are keeping me and my friends from eating and frankly, you are starting to sound like you think you own the folks here."

Obscurejones
2015-12-30, 01:12 AM
The giant shrugs and tries to slip past to get a pork bun. Mmmmm... Pork bun.

Dante Falcon
2015-12-30, 03:17 AM
"The man came into the street, yelled something and collapsed. Raziel here ascertained that there was nothing obviously amiss. Then that man..." he turned and nodded towards Liu "...showed up and started making some proclamations I stopped listening to after the first sentence given his tone. And then you showed up and started making threats to the one person who has acted with definite honor here."

Sagra turned back to Sun with a hand calmly placed on his bow which was still tied loosely against Vagrant. Vagrant snorted slightly, hooves clattering against the street impatiently. There was little outright aggressive movement from the pair but the threat was implicitly stated.

JonRG
2015-12-30, 06:36 AM
Raziel reaches down and helps the old man to his feet. "Thank you," he says to Sagra. "The short version is this: The Amirah is dead, or will be very soon. Thus, the Realm is on its way. And they'll want blood."

Sith_Happens
2015-12-30, 12:33 PM
If Rising Sun had any inclination to respond to Sagra's words then it was quickly swept aside by those of Raziel, who he proceeds to look at with pronounced confusion.

"Perfect Soul, dead? Horse****. Which idiot said that?"

OracleofSilence
2015-12-30, 07:32 PM
"This priest, apparently. Although his wording was somewhat more ambiguous then 'she's dead.' All he said was that she won't be back, and will fall into darkness. Not encouraging, but not quite as absolute."

JonRG
2015-12-30, 07:42 PM
Raziel rolls his eyes. Pedantry. "If she never returns, she may as well be dead as it concerns her ability to protect Jiara."

OracleofSilence
2015-12-30, 08:08 PM
"Eh, I'd say it's a bit worse then if she were dead actually. Seeing as fallen into darkness can mean all kinds nasty moral corruption."

Sith_Happens
2015-12-30, 08:30 PM
"Dead, corrupted, whatever. Either way I don't believe it for a second, that woman's got way too much fight in her to go down in some cavern somewhere, and I have enough experience with old ruins that I should know."

josienoms
2016-01-01, 10:17 AM
The old Priest scowls slightly at Sun.

"Our Prophecies are the reason she ascended the throne in the first place. How she earned the name Perfect Soul, and became High Priestess of all Jiara's gods. I wouldn't take them lightly, my boy."

Meanwhile, Liu's eyes narrow.

"Well then, I suppose they can't be blamed for not teaching you proper manners. I'm a Prince of the Earth, girl. I won't be disrespected."

He raises his hand, as if to backhand Six across the face.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-01, 01:59 PM
As the hand comes down, the air around six begins to ripple. The wall of the building behind the dragon almost seems to shake in anticipation of the impact about to happen. In a flash her fist flies right into him. A shock wave comes from behind him splinting an imprint into the wall in the shape of his body before a moment later it is filled in by the surprised dragon blood.

AND MOTES

ok math there....
4 motes on join battle total 13 dice + stunt
3 motes on thunderclap rush attack steal 1 initiative
6 motes Excellent Solar Brawl total 15 dice + stunt
if it hits, heaven thunder hammer, 7 motes Sets her to Dawn Caste Mark showing

I will roll the hammer in the OOC

alright dice....lets not screw this up now!
[roll0] +3 for initiative
[roll1] stunt for initiative if any

Attack
[roll2]
and stunt if any
[roll3]

JonRG
2016-01-01, 02:22 PM
Shortly before the vicious beatdown...

"Regardless, the Realm's forces are moving forward as if the prophecy were true. We must prepare to check them without Perfect Soul. " Raziel folds his hands in front of him. "Who else is in a position to take Perfect Soul's place in the resistance, aside from the Realm's puppet?" Raziel whips his head around just in time to see Liu crash into the wall. "Is she?" The little warrior reminds him a lot of Tepin, come to think. "Sol, I wish she were here."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-02, 12:05 AM
Rising Sun opens his mouth to respond to the oracle but is interrupted by the sound of a violent impact from across the square. Turning to look, he sees the understated form of Six outlined in a telltale golden glow.

"—Gotta go."

With that he becomes a blur once again, reaching the other Dawn's side in a matter of seconds with his weapon at the ready. Though the mark on his forehead matches her own, it's not yet accompanied by the same aura.

"He someone important?"

1. Joining Battle: [roll0]

2. Paying 1m to display caste mark.

Dante Falcon
2016-01-02, 02:42 AM
Vagrant's ears folded back as his hooves clattered nervously on the street with the sudden explosion of violence. Sagra soothingly brushed his brother, glaring towards Sun and Six. Provoked or otherwise it was doubtful such a use of force was actually called for. "This is getting out of hand. Are most of the Suns so quick to resort to such methods? That would explain their reputation and numbers..." It wasn't really clear whether he was talking to Raz or Vagrant though he kept one hand on the bow while he kept up the calming motions.

josienoms
2016-01-04, 11:36 AM
Before he can react, Liu is flung across the square and through a wall. He struggles for a moment to get up, before falling limp. Whether he's unconscious or dead isn't clear from a distance, though to Raziel's eyes it seems more likely that he was simply knocked out.

Obscurejones
2016-01-04, 11:41 AM
The giant throws his hands in the air in the sporting world's universally recognized sign for "Goal!" And then goes back to eating his pork bun.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 12:53 PM
Six dusts her hands off and clicks her tongue before looking at the dawn next to her. "... what?" His words going right over her head as the only thing out of her mouth is flame tongue.

JonRG
2016-01-04, 05:13 PM
Raziel shrugs. "I haven't met most of the Suns, so I couldn't say. I should probably check if he's all right." Circumventing the aggressive Solars, he approaches the Dynast. Fellow Dynast? Raziel shakes his head. There were more important matters to deal with. He examines the patient before him, who with his luck, was probably bleeding into his brain. "Not going to make my life easy, are you?" Raziel mutters. He examines a nasty contusion on Liu's torso. Had to actually look like he was doing some kind of first aid. A confused waiter wanders out with a teapot and some towels. "That'll work." Raziel drops a koku onto the tray before liberating its contents. Then he sets about cleaning the man's wounds.

Derek, Derek, he's our man! Also making funeral plans! Wound-Mending Care (5m, 1wp) and 3 motes of excellency, for a total of eight motes from personal.

Int+Medicine+Excellency: [roll0]
Stunt?: [roll1]

A familiar language reaches his ears. "... You speak Flametongue?" he asks in said language.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-04, 06:05 PM
[Concurrent with the above]

Six dusts her hands off and clicks her tongue before looking at the dawn next to her. "... what?" His words going right over her head as the only thing out of her mouth is flame tongue.

Though Rising Sun doesn't technically understand Six's question, between the context and how short it was he has a pretty good guess.

Crap. Who doesn't speak River?

The taller Dawn tries again in Low Realm, his Lookshyan accent readily apparent to anyone with an ear for such things*:

"I said, who was that guy?"

That's only when he's speaking Low Realm, his accent in Riverspeak is Nexusese.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 06:13 PM
Six looks to Raz and nods. She then looks to sun and continues to give a blank look.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-04, 06:19 PM
Sun meets Six's confusion with his own.

"Uh..."

He switches to Old Realm, spoken slowly due to his own inexperience actually conversing in the half-dead language.

"How about... now?"

JonRG
2016-01-04, 06:34 PM
Well, he stopped yelling, at least. <"He asked who this guy was."> Raziel chuckles. <Though, technically, any of us could answer that one.">

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 06:36 PM
Six looks at the now getting up Dragon Blood. She could have sworn she hit him harder... oh well.. the message was still clear. "<an *******?>"

JonRG
2016-01-04, 06:43 PM
<"Which one are you talking about?"> Raziel laughs. "His name is Liu Mnemon. His cousin's the satrap. His great-grandma is Mnemon, the Mnemon. Just a taste of what you'll start to see around here without Perfect Soul."

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 06:44 PM
Six looks between the two faces, Liu then Sun. "<well... he's a talky *******... and he's a ... i guess swordy *******>"

Sith_Happens
2016-01-04, 09:55 PM
Rising Sun grins at the doctor's explanation.

"Is that so? Don't fix him up too much then or it'll be harder to drag him off to..."

He pauses for a few seconds in contemplation before raising his free hand to his face and shouting (in Riverspeak) to anyone who can hear.

"Hey, there a jail around here somewhere? And someone bring some rope or something, there's a Mnemon here who needs restraining."

Obscurejones
2016-01-04, 10:31 PM
Contemplative for scant seconds the giant rummages through his pockets for a moment until he finds several sheets of good linen paper. Tearing them into thin strips he sets his fingers to twisting. As his project takes careful shape he smiles, the silvery white crescent splitting the azure field of his furry face. Regardless of the need to meet the work was good.

After a moment he admires his handiwork and hands the scarlet rope to the shouting soldier.

JonRG
2016-01-04, 10:54 PM
"On what charge? Getting his ass kicked? Look, he tried to smack the kid around and got burned. Why make a bigger issue out of it than it needs to be? Especially with," Raziel does his best snobby Dynast impression, "his cousin, the satrap, in charge." He imposes himself between Sun and Liu. "You want the smart move. Here it is. Let him go."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-05, 01:02 AM
Rising Sun looks at Raziel perplexedly.

"Uh, have you been smoking something? His cousin being the satrap is the whole point, I thought that was obvious."

Before he can continue he's interrupted by a giant of a man walking up and handing him a coil of rope.

"Oh hey, thanks... Wait, is this made of... paper? The hell? Where'd this come from?"

Sun stares at the rope in fascination.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-05, 05:01 PM
Six looks at the people around her and flags one of her followers down. She whispers for them to take the others in, and get some food, and get her a couple pork buns. She has a feeling this may take a while, no sense for them to go hungry while they waited.

JonRG
2016-01-05, 06:51 PM
Raziel blinks. "No, have you? The satrap can make our lives much worse very quickly. You don't want to piss him off while the rebellion's still in its infancy and doesn't even have a leader. Right now, his cousin got punched out in the street. This will annoy him, maybe. If you hogtie his cousin and throw him in a cell, that will humiliate him. You'll only make what's coming a thousand times speedier and worse for these people." He gestures to the scattered remnants of a crowd. "Plus, the guy's my patient, so no touchy." Raziel casually opens one of Liu's eyes to check his pupils.

Lilyflower
2016-01-05, 07:02 PM
Fiara taps Rising Sun's shoulder, "Excuse me, but you are making nearly as much commotion as the would-be ruler over there, and I can't imagine that's doing anything good for the general mood of the citizenry. If you truly feel the need so strongly to provoke House Mnemon, surely you can find a way to do so that is less likely to involve the deaths of so many other people?"

JonRG
2016-01-05, 07:13 PM
Raziel gestures at Fiara. "Thank you! Somebody gets it."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-06, 12:04 PM
Rising Sun crosses his arms and furrows his brow in disapproval at what he's just heard. Without especially thinking about it he starts funneling Essence, seeming to become larger than life as a golden glow envelops him. He reflexively raises his voice again slightly.

"Gets what? That the two of you have already resigned yourselves to lying down and licking the Realm's boots? Well I for one sure as hell haven't and neither have the people of Parapet. Look, Old Prophet Guy over there just said there's already an invasion force on its way, right? Well if he's right we can hardly go wrong by telling them to turn the hell around if they care what happens to the satrap's cousin. Now are you gonna help me do that or are you gonna step aside?"

Activating Harmonious Presence Meditation because this seems like to time to do that, I'm holding off for now on actually rolling anything though.

OracleofSilence
2016-01-06, 05:35 PM
"Perhaps, if I might intrude, we are over reacting at this moment." Crane approaches the group relatively slowly, and keeps his voice soft as he does so. Lots of excitable people around, after all. "Doctor, if I may ask, what do you recommend we do with the good Liu here? Because I struggle to see why pre-alerting the realm to the presence of active anathema and the current disorder of Parapet is a good thing." Crane pauses, turns to Sun "And Sun, I doubt throwing this man in a cell will accomplish what you're looking for. We can keep him comfortable at least, and guarantee his safety. That will give us a bargaining chip, rather then a bunch of infuriated dynastic relatives.."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-06, 06:47 PM
Rising Sun looks at Crane, then back at the other two, then back at Crane, then back to the other two, then points casually towards Crane.

"...Good point. I like his plan."

OracleofSilence
2016-01-06, 06:52 PM
"Right, I should have confirmed this first. Are any of you guys in charge around here?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-06, 07:12 PM
Six watches the back and forth not understanding a word of anything. She scratches her head.

JonRG
2016-01-06, 07:12 PM
Raziel unfolds to his full height, a wry smirk on his face. He rests a hand on Spring Razor's hilt. "You don't have to do anything with him because your pal's been yelling since he got here! Everyone in Parapet will know by nightfall, and I bet good money Mnemon's got an agent that's subtle enough to not share her name." Raziel shakes his head at Crane's question.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-06, 08:25 PM
"Well technically we have to make sure he doesn't leave the city. Which probably involves keeping him under watch. Not totally sure who to talk to about that.

As for who's in charge around here, until Perfect Soul gets back I guess the militia captain and the council? Come to think of it that's also probably who to talk to about Liu's escort."

josienoms
2016-01-07, 12:37 PM
Liu stirs, and his eyes open. The Dragon Blooded sits up, rubbing his bruised chest.

"Was I just kicked by a Yeddim? What the hell was that?"

Sith_Happens
2016-01-07, 01:07 PM
Snapped out of his thoughts, Rising Sun turns to grin at Liu and nonchalantly wiggles Piercing Heart in Six's direction.

"That was this kid right here giving you a royal beat down. I don't know what you did to deserve it but if you don't want a second helping you'll be a good little Dynast and sit there while we figure out your new living arrangements."

Rolling to threaten, Charisma (3) + Presence (3) + Stunt (2) + Dawn (1) + Charms (4):

[roll0]

Rerolls: [roll1]
Note that Six and Sun are both currently at glowing level.

JonRG
2016-01-07, 02:11 PM
Raziel glares and interposes himself between Sun and Liu. "That's enough." Then he turns to Liu. "Hi. My name's Raziel. Can you tell me your name?"

josienoms
2016-01-08, 12:05 PM
Liu, still dazed, focuses on Raziel first.

"Of course, I'm Mnemon Liu."

He seems a little skeptical, until he seems to realize that Raziel must be a doctor of some kind.

"And I'll be fine, but I thank you for your concern."

He starts to smile, but his gaze drifts to Sun as he speaks. Immediately his burgeoning smile fades and is replaced with a scowl.

"I won't be spoken to that way, Anathema. And it appears the girl is as well. Suppose now I know why her parents are dead. The demon must have killed them herself."

Liu remains seated. It appears that despite his talk, he is actually cowed. The man is all bluster, no substance. A gleam of fear can be seen in his eyes.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-08, 12:23 PM
Sun's eyes narrow.

"I'll talk to you however I damn well want, thank you very much, and as for the girl I dare you to say that to her face. Now where have you been staying, or did you just roll into town?"

Obscurejones
2016-01-08, 05:10 PM
The giant offers Six the remains of his pork bun. It's only about half but it's better then nothing.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-08, 07:50 PM
Six graciously accepts. She continues to watch the happenings.

Dante Falcon
2016-01-08, 08:34 PM
Sagra had heard enough. Mounting back onto Vagrant in a single fluid motion he drove the horse forward alongside the group, Vagrant watching Raziel and Liu while Sagra initially addressed Sun."Stop acting like a bully. You have power indicating that you have done something to deserve it, so act as befits the power. Your position is clear, but showing a defeated enemy respect is the way forward, degradation dooms you to repetition." He calmly turned his eyes to Raziel next. "In this instance, while kindness is appreciated he is declared an opponent to this city and I cannot condone self-proclaimed conquerors or their heralds anymore than bullies. He turns back to Fiara and gives a slight nod. "Your words were appreciated in this matter."

Finally he looks down to Liu and stares for a moment before speaking again, quietly so that only those nearby could hear. "As stated, I cannot condone your position or your method. I see you as a brazen fool. However, it is the way of my people to protect those who have been defeated regardless of their position. You will be a prisoner but I will ensure you are fed and kept safe until such times as negotiations have arranged for your return. I promise you will not be killed by those here who would do you harm. Do you understand?" As he spoke the last sentence he stole a glance Sun's way with the same gaze he gave to Liu. He clearly was not asking only one person.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-08, 11:47 PM
Rising Sun tilts his head towards Sagra, looking genuinely confused.

"What are you talking about? He's the one being all condescending and s***."

Dante Falcon
2016-01-08, 11:54 PM
"You have made demands, you have pointed your weapon at not only civilians, but a healer and claim that only another is being condescending. You do not need to understand who I am or what I have said, only that I have stated the terms. If you refute them then I doubt you will find much help here. Do you understand my terms?" Sagra looked down imperiously to Sun from Vagrant's back, Vagrant turning to face Sun as well, horse and rider both tensed in case of escalation.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-09, 12:02 AM
Six eats her half pork bun... knowing that since it is only half a pork bun she will never be a whole man.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-09, 12:46 AM
"You mean this?"

Sun raises his weapon.

"...Oh, whoops. I was holding it and it's good for pointing at things, so I just sort of did. Was not saying I'd skewer the doc here."

He reflexively points at Raziel... with Piercing Heart.

"...Aaaand there I go again. S***.

As for those terms, uh, let's see... We hold him somewhere and don't impale him or crush his skull in is what you said, right? That's pretty much what I was going for, so yeah, sounds like a plan."

josienoms
2016-01-09, 12:47 AM
Liu looks to Sagra and ponders for a moment, then nods.

"I was brash, perhaps overstepping my authority. The Dragons have chosen, in their wisdom, to work through an Anathema, to show me humility. I accept your terms, stranger."

Meanwhile, one of Six's people comes back to her, with more pork buns!

Obscurejones
2016-01-09, 12:48 AM
The giant yawns. Scratches his chin. Taps Six on the head and then mines placing her on his own broad shoulder.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-09, 12:49 AM
Six smiles and thanks them. She walks over to Liu and nudges him. She holds up a pork bun to him. "No hard feelings."

Obscurejones
2016-01-09, 12:54 AM
The giant makes a slightly disappointed noise but tries to see if he can get a pork bun from the follower.

josienoms
2016-01-09, 01:30 AM
Liu stares at the offered pork bun, clearly confused. He replies in Flametongue.

"Um... Thank you?"

He takes it, unsure of what to think. He looks like a man who expected to be dead already, and is surprised and suspicious at this extension of hospitality.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-09, 10:39 AM
Six nods. "We got off on the wrong foot. And i'm a bit of a hot head. I'm six. It's what my former owner used to call me. "

She gestures to her posse. "Led an uprising against him and people who had people, mostly kids, fight to the death for their amusement. It's why I don't take too kindly to talk of superiority."

She chuckles a bit. "you also survived me doing... well that, so I can give you a deal of respect for that." She gestures to the Liu shaped hole in the wall.

She looks to Sun, Raz, and Sagra. "So, um... what were they saying?"

Dante Falcon
2016-01-09, 11:53 PM
Sagra nods and relaxes visibly as the situation appears defused, Vagrant walking over to Liu, looking down to him. "Very well. Mnemon Liu was it? I am Sagra Tseren of the Megujin, as we are called. I take on the responsibility of your guard and guardian. Your actions for the next time will be observed by me, as mine will be by beings greater than I. I will not bind you, removing such physical freedoms is an affront to nature. However, should you try to run I can only promise to try not to kill you. Myself and my brother Vagrant" he gestures to the horse he rides "shall ensure you are well fed and treated fairly until you are returned to your people. Should I be willfully lying may the earth shackle me to it for the rest of my journey."

With this he dismounts, offering his hand to the still sitting Liu and falling back into his native tongue notes. "<May we both act with the honor and dignity befitting of the people of split souls.>"

JonRG
2016-01-10, 05:10 PM
Raziel keeps a smile on his face. His tone is light and mirthful and... does not at all match his words. "That loud jackass was yelling about how we needed to hogtie your buddy and throw him in a cell. That'll send a great message to anyone who might be affiliated with the Realm in Jiara. In general being a threatening **** of a bully," he chirps in Flametongue. "Thankfully, the guy with the horse managed to knock some sense into him. They're going to take him prisoner, but he'll be kept safe and comfortable. I'm not exactly thrilled with the outcome, but it's better than if that loser were in charge."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-10, 07:58 PM
Sun finally holsters his weapon and claps his hands together.

"All right, since you seem to have things under control here I'm going to be back by that temple for a bit. Name's Rising Sun by the way, and yes, it's the one I was born with; normally I'd call that fate but me and fate were just in the middle of a disagreement when Liu here got himself punched through a wall."

With that he jogs over to the still-recovering oracle.

"Hello again, now that that whole business is taken care of, did that vision of yours come from anyone in particular? Are they in there?"

He points toward the temple entrance.

josienoms
2016-01-11, 11:26 AM
Liu coughs and rubs his chest.

"It's been a long time since I've been thrown through a wall. It still hurts just as much as I remember. A Lunar did it last time. A young barbarian girl, actually. Maybe I need to learn to watch my moth around children."

He gives a forced, mirthless laugh, then looks to Sagra again.

"We're well-met, Sagra. You've shown a great deal of wisdom and leadership here today. Though I'll confess, I didn't realize any of your people were still alive."

Raziel's account makes Liu snort with real laughter, but he keeps his mouth shut for once.

The old Priest nods slowly.

"My visions come from the gods of Jiara, as always. And you can call me Vennick, young man."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-11, 01:02 PM
The old Priest nods slowly.

"My visions come from the gods of Jiara, as always. And you can call me Vennick, young man."

"Well then Vennick, personally I think one of them's been yanking your chain so I'm going to go on in this temple here and find out what the deal is. Don't worry, I won't start any trouble."

With that Sun walks up the stairs and into the building.

"Yoohoo, anyone home?"

JonRG
2016-01-11, 07:54 PM
Raziel rolls his eyes once Sun disappears into the church. "Sorry about him. Anything else you can tell us about the vision? Anything at all?"

Dante Falcon
2016-01-12, 06:26 AM
Sagra was slightly taken aback but nodded it off. "I am surprised you've even heard of us. What you have heard is true enough. Outside of myself and Vagrant, there are none left, their spirits have returned to run in the skies of those who ran before. We are neither lucky nor unlucky, we merely have the task of finding what to do with the stories of our people while finding our endless road. Also, I wouldn't say we're well met yet. You haven't found out that I have no money." Sagra holds a wry grin but he's obviously dead serious.

Vagrant for his part seemed to eye Liu carefully for a second before pushing his head against Liu. "Oh and Vagrant's always hungry and wants you to feed him. If you listen to him I starve him when really I just keep him in shape." This comment resulted in Vagrant leaning slightly and resting a significant portion his weight on Sagra, despite the protests of his two-legged brother.

josienoms
2016-01-13, 01:21 PM
Before Vennick can say more, Sun has already gone off. The inside of the temple is nearly empty. The floor is simple stone, and the wide hall is lit with torches. A group of other priests sit around a cluster of statues, with incense burning as they offer up their prayers. If anyone heard him, they don't acknowledge him, that is, until one of them looks up and sees the mark on his forehead. This younger priest stands up and walks over with his head bowed.

"Apologies, Prince of the Earth. This is a solemn ceremony. How can I be of service?"

Outside the temple, Vennick looks at Raziel.

"It was vague. Whether she is dead, or merely won't return is unclear. Fate is a fickle thing, is it not?"

He shrugs.

"I saw her and her Circle in the ruins beneath Jiara. A darkness rose from a chasm, and swallowed them all. A shadow, that felt... cold."

Meanwhile, Liu finally stands up, and strokes Vagrant's mane.

"You seem surprised. My father told me that your people bred the finest horses in Creation. My grandmother had one, a long time ago. The Megujin have long held the respect of House Mnemon. I am... sorry for your loss."

Sith_Happens
2016-01-13, 03:55 PM
Before Vennick can say more, Sun has already gone off. The inside of the temple is nearly empty. The floor is simple stone, and the wide hall is lit with torches. A group of other priests sit around a cluster of statues, with incense burning as they offer up their prayers. If anyone heard him, they don't acknowledge him, that is, until one of them looks up and sees the mark on his forehead. This younger priest stands up and walks over with his head bowed.

"Apologies, Prince of the Earth. This is a solemn ceremony. How can I be of service?"

Back when Rising Sun was a mortal he tended to give most gods a wide berth whenever possible; demanding an audience with one was a new experience for him. As such he does something unusual given the other factors at play and thinks before he speaks... At least to the point of holding back any remarks that might be directly offensive.

"Well considering your pal Vennick just sent the whole city into a panic, I'd rather like to have a word with whoever's place this is and get to the bottom of things regarding a certain vision he said he'd just had."

Dante Falcon
2016-01-14, 03:22 AM
"You seem surprised. My father told me that your people bred the finest horses in Creation. My grandmother had one, a long time ago. The Megujin have long held the respect of House Mnemon. I am... sorry for your loss."

"Creation is too big for me to judge if ours were the best. But they are our brethren just as much as any siblings I've had. Your father honors us with such praise as does your house. It was a tragedy, but your sorrow is appreciated." He lapsed into silence for a moment, either of mourning or prayer, it was hard to determine definitively. Vagrant too seemed to calm itself, either from the attention of Liu, or an understanding of the moment. "However, our attention must be turned to the matters of those who still walk the dust. While I am technically your guardian, I would not interfere with any commitments you had previously made, so long as they remain in the city. Similarly, I will need to find a way to procure some food and shelter for myself and my brother."

Kell_tamer
2016-01-15, 11:00 AM
Six and her crew have wandered off from the center of attention and are sitting backs up against a fountain eating their pork buns.

OracleofSilence
2016-01-15, 01:35 PM
"A fine creature indeed." Crane had kept his position relatively near the fallen Dynast through the conversation, and as the conversation turns to the more mundane realities of the cituation, he refocuses on Sagra. "I would be happy to help you in that capacity. I am myself a traveler, but I still owe a debt to the Scarlet dynasty. As such, I feel that I should offer assistance, if I can be of aid."

Obscurejones
2016-01-16, 01:16 AM
The giant dips his head into the fountain to take a few large gulping drinks.

josienoms
2016-01-16, 11:40 PM
The young priest bites his lip.

"The gods aren't actually here, of course. They have their own homes and strongholds. This is merely a place of worship. I can point you in the right direction, but that is the most I can do."

Meanwhile, Liu goes on agreeing with Sagra and Crane.

"Your assistance is greatly appreciated. As agreed, I'll come quietly. I was merely passing through the city, I have no strict obligations here. If you'd like, we can adjourn to my suite?"

JonRG
2016-01-17, 12:09 AM
Raziel gathers up his medical kit. "I'll come too. Need someone to patch you up if you encounter any more small children." He laughs and flashes his most dazzling smile. Granted, he had other reasons to keep an eye on the situation, but the fact Liu was cute didn't hurt.

Sith_Happens
2016-01-17, 02:19 AM
The young priest bites his lip.

"The gods aren't actually here, of course. They have their own homes and strongholds. This is merely a place of worship. I can point you in the right direction, but that is the most I can do."

"Fine by me, point away."

Dante Falcon
2016-01-17, 06:22 AM
Sagra nodded to Crane and Raz in turn before looking back to Liu. "We would be thankful for your hospitality and a chance to rest. It has been some time since Vagrant and I had a place to sit without immediate concern for our safety." He unfastened a couple straps on each side of Vagrant and took off a pack of camping materials, putting them on his own back instead, Vagrant stepping in place and giving an appreciative look to Sagra before the pair looked to Liu, ready to go.

Lilyflower
2016-01-17, 08:46 PM
"I hope I would not be imposing to ask to come as well? I have an interest in seeing what will happen to the local political climate with the apparent disappearance of Perfect Soul, and you seem likely an important figure in that."

josienoms
2016-01-18, 10:24 AM
The young priest nods.

"The vision was sent by Wahd, the Dweller. His Sanctum can be found nearer to Jiara itself, near the river. You'll start to see the signs long before you arrive, shrines lining the path, decorated with Crane feathers."

Meanwhile, Liu seems to ponder for a moment, then agrees.

"Very well, you may all come. It isn't far, I was out to find a bite to eat when the oracle made his announcement."

He leads the way to an richly appointed inn, and to his suite on the second floor.

"Well, here we are. Would anyone like any tea?"

He seems as though he wants to be a gracious host, despite the oddity of the company and the situation.

JonRG
2016-01-18, 11:29 PM
Raziel throws up a hand. "Need help in the kitchen?"

Sith_Happens
2016-01-19, 01:44 PM
The young priest nods.

"The vision was sent by Wahd, the Dweller. His Sanctum can be found nearer to Jiara itself, near the river. You'll start to see the signs long before you arrive, shrines lining the path, decorated with Crane feathers."

Rising Sun puts a hand to his chin in consideration.

"Uh, and how far is that? I don't know that I can afford to leave Parapet for very long right now."

Though he gives no (deliberate) indication of such, he can't help but wonder if this priest is just trying to get rid of him, mulling the latter's words over in his head as best he can.

Read intentions, "Is the priest covering for someone:" [roll0]

Also stunting Guile just in case.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-20, 12:48 PM
Having told her followers to spread out for a bit, Six sits in the suite. "So what the hell is an anthmena or whatever you called me..."
She adjusted the gladiator armor she was in and then proceeded to drum her fingers against her thighs.

josienoms
2016-01-20, 11:57 PM
The young priest looks at Sun nervously.

"Less than a day away. If you left now, you could get there before sunset."

The priest isn't covering for anyone, as far as Sun can tell.

Meanwhile, in Liu's suite, he accepts Raziel's help, having him get the cups ready while he sets the kettle over a small fire to boil. When Six asks her question, he balks.

"You... You really don't know, do you? Where do you come from, that you don't know of the Immaculate Philosophy?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-21, 12:00 AM
Six shrugs. "Pit south of here. like i said, i was literally born and raised to kill other kids while people in fancy suits bet on us. Don't think immigrant flossing is high on the list of ways to stab another child."

Dante Falcon
2016-01-21, 07:14 AM
Sagra leaves Vagrant out front, tied to a post and makes sure he has another apple available before heading up to the suite with the rest of them. He stands somewhat awkwardly, not wanting to sit on the nice furniture and spread the dust of the road everywhere, but seems comfortable enough, listening quietly to the budding conversation.

Lilyflower
2016-01-21, 10:04 AM
"'Anathema is the name for anything considered unholy by the Immaculate Philosophy. In this case, it is referring to your nature as a Solar Exalted, based on a sadly common and fundamentally flawed understanding of the nature of such."

JonRG
2016-01-21, 04:36 PM
Raziel snorts at Six's malapropism while gathering the last of the teacups. "No no no. It's the Imm-ac-u-late Phi-los-o-phy." He enunciates each syllable in Flametongue. "The short version is this. A long time ago, there were Solars around too, but they went insane, so the Dragonblooded, which are him and his," Raziel gestures at Liu, "struck them all down and made sure they couldn't come back, which worked for a while. Meanwhile, the Dragonblooded made an empire which is called the Realm, and the state religion is the Immaculate Faith. It claims that the Solars are demons that have taken over mortals' bodies, only resembling the people they once were. They are Anathema who need to be found and killed just as before... It might not be entirely true, but it's what a lot of people believe in, so it's wise to know and respect it. Even if you don't agree." Raziel takes a seat on the floor and flashes that charming smile. "For the record, I don't think you're a demon."

josienoms
2016-01-22, 10:33 AM
Liu smirks, still replying in Flametongue, which only Raziel and Six speak...

"That was, quite succinct, yes. Of course, you're forgetting that the Faith also teaches that we Dragon-Blooded have a responsibility to protect those who are under our rule. We bring order and stability to Creation, and those who serve us well are destined to be reborn as one of us in their next life. Eventually, we reach enlightenment, and our cycle of reincarnation ends."

He clears his throat, and switches back to Riverspeak, so the others can understand him.

"I apologize for that. Simply discussing the Immaculate Philosophy."

He finishes boiling the water, and asks Raziel to bring over the cups while he gets the tea leaves himself.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-22, 11:14 AM
Six leans forward. "So, why are people against you if you guys are here to protect them?"

Sith_Happens
2016-01-22, 03:34 PM
...Man, the heck happened to my posting rate this week? I'll have to fix that, the game's already running away without me.:smalltongue:

The young priest looks at Sun nervously.

"Less than a day away. If you left now, you could get there before sunset."

The priest isn't covering for anyone, as far as Sun can tell.

Rising Sun thinks to himself for a good few seconds.

"...That doesn't sound so bad, still probably can't go right away though. In the meantime I guess I'll just hope that Wahd doesn't mind an Exalt giving a second opinion."

With that he turns around and confidently strides outside; as he does so the light surrounding him intensifies into a roaring envelope of fire, golden in color with faint streaks and flashes of orange. Standing at the top of the temple steps with arms crossed, straightened knees at shoulder-width, and head held high, Sun seems a blazing icon of tangible power and confidence as he effortlessly projects his voice half-again past the point that the entire square can hear.

Toggling Harmonious Presence Meditation off and back on to deliberately flare up to Burning level.

And yes, think "Gunbuster pose (http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/014/525/icon.jpg)." :smallwink:
"ATTENTION PARAPET.

Rumors of the amirah's death are greatly exaggerated. Sure, she might be gone for a while, but when she gets back, and I DO mean WHEN, it'll be with enough First Age mojo in tow to send the Realm packing for good. In the meantime anyone who wants to take this city from the people of Jiara will have to go through me, and trust me when I say that that ain't an easy thing to do! And it's not just me here either, it's you, and you--"

He dramatically points at a completely random bystander with each "You," other arm still crossed.

"--and ALL of you!"

Sun sweeps his palm out in front of him to indicate the entire crowd.

"This is your country and damned if some self-centered Dynast ***hole is gonna take it from you.

NOW WHO'S WITH ME!?!?"

The impassioned soldier pumps his fist towards the sky with all the force and majesty of his namesake, anima flashing to accentuate the gesture.

INSPIRE COURAGE (and/or confidence), Exalted style.:smallcool:

Charisma (3) + Presence (3) + Specialty (1) + Stunt (2) + HPM (3) + TDS (1) + Excellency to cap (2) = 15 dice:
[roll0]

...I guess for simplicity's sake should we just assume that the PCs who left with Liu have already done so by this point? It seems kind of a shame but otherwise things get all timey-wimey and everyone would have to rewind/flashback from the current conversation.

JonRG
2016-01-23, 01:36 AM
Raziel brings the teacups over. "While the Faith says every Dragon-Blooded has that responsibility, not all of them live up to it. Some take their citizen's tax money and blow it on wine, hookers, and cocaine." A lazy smile crosses his face. Father had always thrown the best parties.

Obscurejones
2016-01-23, 02:01 AM
The giant looks up at the yelling man. Burps. Shrugs.