PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Don't click here if you don't like strange and irrelevant questions

Jon_Dahl
2015-12-26, 11:17 AM
This is just a thought exercise.

Let's imagine that there was a powerful sword, something like an adamantium longsword +2 of Frost... That's not that powerful, but the sword only functions if someone with the blood type O+ wields it.

What would happen, purely in-game, in your campaign, if the PCs got a hold of it?

Grod_The_Giant
2015-12-26, 11:20 AM
A) "What's a blood type? Is that like being [Extraplanar] or something?" (IE, we can tell the sword only works for certain people, but no idea why)
B) Roll a d% to see if you can use it.

GilesTheCleric
2015-12-26, 11:22 AM
I don't know what the rarity on Type O+ is, but I think it would be neat -- of course, they could probably UMD it if they identified all of its abilities. Does this ability work any differently to making a legacy weapon that's keyed to a certain person's bloodline/ ancestors?

Unrelated: My current character is Type A, but I didn't think many other folks assign blood types to their characters (I did only in this case because he was constructed, so which blood type was put into him seemed important). Do you ask all your players to assign blood types?