PDA

View Full Version : Animating a Gravewalker's spell poppet?

Kahlendrrari
2015-12-27, 03:40 AM
I was trying to find the end of the internet tonight and came across a picture of a voodoo doll "fencing" with a hand, and for some reason I began thinking of a gravewalker's spell poppet. I'm not really familiar with PF as just about every chance I have had to play has been canceled due to one reason or another. Anyhow, has anyone tried animating their spell poppet, or even thought of animating it for that matter? I don't think it would have any real game play impact but would at least be somewhat flavorful, and interesting.

Just thinking about casting a spell into the little fella, and watching it stab itself all "Seppuku like" makes me giggle a little. I'm probably not right in the head though.

Geddy2112
2015-12-27, 04:49 AM
You can't use animate objects because it is magical. Witches don't get mage hand as a cantrip, but you could have an unseen servant move the poppet around and stab itself.

Also, you should totally do it, but make it extra horrorshow by having the poppet be a raggedy ann doll, or maybe a teddy bear or something innocent and childlike.