PDA

View Full Version : DnD 5e high-level gameplay video/audio

daze413
2015-12-27, 10:16 AM
Hello,

Does anyone know of a good podcast/youtube channel or similar I can watch/listen to whose gameplay has gone beyond the "do-it-yourself kill things in dungeons" style to the "send an army"/"throw gold at it" level of play?

I'm looking for the following qualities but any sort of resemblance is fine:

System: DnD 5e
Gameplay should show some resolutions to conflicts by having hirelings/minions take care of them.
Gameplay should stick to the RAW as much as possible, with minimal homebrews. It should be easy enough to replicate within the DMG/PHB rules.

Nu
2015-12-27, 11:34 AM
Your request is very strange. The DnD ruleset has always been about the dungeon crawl and this is no less true in 5th edition. Not only is sending minions/hirelings at problems until they go away boring, it's also not something the rules cover very well. It's going to be difficult to find a recording of someone using the system for something it very much wasn't designed to do.

daze413
2015-12-27, 05:47 PM
Your request is very strange. The DnD ruleset has always been about the dungeon crawl and this is no less true in 5th edition. Not only is sending minions/hirelings at problems until they go away boring, it's also not something the rules cover very well. It's going to be difficult to find a recording of someone using the system for something it very much wasn't designed to do.

Yes, it is indeed obscure :smalltongue: but not unheard of. In fact, it is suggested here (http://rpg.stackexchange.com/a/47619/23064)that hirelings and people, especially in 5e, are what all the gold is for.

If there is none, as you say, I'll ask in another thread for high-level multi-minion play while dungeon crawling and leave this thread open just in case someone does have something to suggest.