PDA

View Full Version : Fate of the Sapphire Guard

elliott20
2007-06-12, 03:55 PM
Well, the one thing they were protecting has been destroyed, and the majority of their veteran members have been killed saved two.

What do you think Hinjo is going to do about the SG?

Ridureyu
2007-06-12, 03:56 PM
Turn them into an exotic dancing troupe.

Ganurath
2007-06-12, 03:57 PM
Recall the majority of the SG that was abroad and use them to replenish the ranks of the city's defensive forces.

Ladorak
2007-06-12, 03:59 PM
Disband, there's nothing left to guard. Possibly reform as a more trational Knightly order.

Morty
2007-06-12, 04:04 PM
He'll probably turn it into standard knightly order protecting the city, after recalling SG members that are abroad and maybe raising new ones. Of course, it'll be hard since Azure City is completely overrun with hobgoblins.

Rhyeira
2007-06-12, 04:05 PM
Since most of Azure City's common soldiers have been killed during the assault, some decent paladins would be desperately needed if the city's going to be rebuilt... there are still plenty of civilians left that need to be protected.

Wrecan
2007-06-12, 04:09 PM
Even though the Gate is destroyed, the rift remains. hinjo has a lot of work to do. First, he has to rebuild the gate. That gate is going to need guarding. So he'll have to re-enchant the room, probably re-summon Soon, and create a new Sapphire Guild.

Second, he has to rebuild the city, which is going to require law and order. Another job for paladins.

The Guard is needed now as much as ever.

Renx
2007-06-12, 04:13 PM
Turn them into an exotic dancing troupe.

I lol'd.

But seriously, I'm betting Hinjo will be coming with the OotS towards Girard's gate. Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing how :xykon: is going to handle his army now.

Megalomaniac2
2007-06-12, 04:19 PM
Well, most of the Sapphire Guard's dead, and their raison d'etre has been vaporized. Oh, and now that the battle's almost over, Kubota and Co. are probably going to make their power play soon, and I doubt they're kindly disposed to paladin ideals.

Yeah, looks like the SG's down for the count.

nybbler
2007-06-12, 04:23 PM
Hinjo can't go to Girard's gate. He's sworn an oath to leave the other gates alone.

Ultimately the gate will have to be rebuilt, and the guarding force restored. But not within the scope of the comic, I think.

Alex Warlorn
2007-06-12, 04:25 PM
First order of business, get that padlock, er, I mean Gate back on the Snarl's cage, er I mean fabric of reality! The SG are STILL needed as long as the Snarl itself exists and the padlocks are needed on it's cage.

Twilight Jack
2007-06-12, 04:57 PM
Hinjo can't go to Girard's gate. He's sworn an oath to leave the other gates alone.

Ultimately the gate will have to be rebuilt, and the guarding force restored. But not within the scope of the comic, I think.

Actually, the paladins of the Sapphire Guard swore an oath to leave the other gates alone in the absence of definitive proof of a threat to all the gates. Xykon's attack on Azure City and subsequent escape qualifies as proof that all the gates are in danger, so Hinjo can travel to the gates of either Girard or Kraagor without violating the oath.