PDA

View Full Version : Tripping Enlightened Fist build help

TheTomikaze15
2015-12-27, 12:36 PM
Monk 2/sorcerer 3/enlightened fist 3/abjurant champion 5/enlightened fist+7

Flaw: Improved Trip
Flaw: Combat Reflexes
Racial: Improved Initiative(unless you guys could think of something better?)
1: Stunning Fist (bonus), Combat Casting
2: Deflect Arrows (bonus)(my dm loves archers for some reason and need combat reflexes at 1 for improved trip)
3: Ascetic Mage (take the quick metamagic substitution for sorcerer)
6: Knockdown
9: Extend Spell
12: open
15: open
18: open

So above is the build im working with so far, I'm looking for some advice on where to take the build from here and some advice on spells to use as I've never really played anything like this before. I'm assuming the best attribute line would be something like;

CHA >STR > CON >DEX > INT = WIS?

As far as books we are pretty much allowed everything from PHB 1&2, MM 1-3 and the complete series. Other things are on a case by case basis. So if you make a recommendation could you site where it comes from?

I've been granted a monks belt for free and we are starting at lvl 6 just looking for some help finishing out the build, so I guess my questions are:

#1 how do the feats look so far? Any recommendations?

#2 do the stats look okay?

#3 What spells other than like greater mage armor should I look into?

Troacctid
2015-12-27, 01:06 PM
Greater Mighty Wallop (Races of the Dragon) is a good buff spell. Enlarge Person is also quite good, but I would recommend getting it Permanency'd via scrolls (which costs about 3000 gp) rather than spending a known spell on it and using actions to cast it every combat.

If you can take the Invisible Fist variant (Exemplars of Evil) instead of evasion, you should. It's pretty great.

You do actually want some Strength if possible, because it still adds to your damage. Probably a 14 if you can swing it. I mean, unless you're planning on polymorphing, in which case, meh.

Cerefel
2015-12-27, 03:55 PM
How are you getting weapon finesse at 1? It requires +1 BAB

TheTomikaze15
2015-12-27, 04:38 PM
How are you getting weapon finesse at 1? It requires +1 BAB
I must have overlooked that, but I'm thinking of reworking the character to turn him into a tripper anyway. Ill edit the OP in a bit when I get it put together.