this being for a swiftblade gish

Xervous
2015-12-27, 05:23 PM
so I have on one hand a ring of wizardy I soon to be a ring of wizardy III
what I'd like to know is what would be a good ring for my other hand
this being for a swiftblade gish

A. What Level is this
B. What are the rest of your equips
C. What do you have available for purchase // what is already set in stone? // how much GP to spend?

Nosta
2015-12-27, 05:31 PM
A. What Level is this
B. What are the rest of your equips
C. What do you have available for purchase // what is already set in stone? // how much GP to spend?

I have 38000 to spend

my items are as follows
Items
weapon +2 Holy shortsword 1d6+2+2d6 to evil over come Dr of evil (+2d6 fire from crystal) +2 str +2 from haste
weapon crystal fire 2d6
ring of wizardy 1
ring of +3
gloves of dex +6
belt of giant str +6
amulet of Na +3
cloak of shadows
boots of big step: teleport 60ft 3/da

I am level 10

Kraken
2015-12-27, 07:03 PM
Feather fall rings are cheap and a potential lifesaver, if your flying spell gets dispelled. Ring of the darkhidden (MIC) makes you invisible to darkvision, which can be pretty useful.

Troacctid
2015-12-27, 07:06 PM
Ring of Anticipation (DrU) lets you roll twice on initiative checks and take the better result. Very nice value for the low price.

Xervous
2015-12-27, 08:02 PM
If you haven't already dropped the dough on that holy longsword I'd advise buying just +1 version instead of a +2. The extra plusses don't do that much and get extremely expensive when you start adding on other abilities.

Darrin
2015-12-27, 08:04 PM
Stormfire Ring (4000 GP, MIC) is my favorite, but on a caster chassis the Ring of Spell-Battle (12000 GP, MIC) is a bit of a "must have" (for the target redirection thing).

Eladrinblade
2015-12-27, 09:06 PM
My swiftblade has two rings; one is a ring of protection, the other is a ring of counterspells with greater dispel magic in it. This keeps anybody from taking away his most important buff mid-battle.

Troacctid
2015-12-27, 09:35 PM
My swiftblade has two rings; one is a ring of protection, the other is a ring of counterspells with greater dispel magic in it. This keeps anybody from taking away his most important buff mid-battle.

Well the deflection bonus can be added onto any other ring at no additional cost, since it's a common magical effect, so that's not a big concern. I'm not sure the latter effect is necessary, since Swiftblades of 3rd level or higher can just re-cast their haste as a free action, and Swiftblades of 6th level or higher are immune to having it dispelled. Ring of Spell-Battle is probably better.

Eladrinblade
2015-12-28, 04:49 PM
Well the deflection bonus can be added onto any other ring at no additional cost, since it's a common magical effect, so that's not a big concern. I'm not sure the latter effect is necessary, since Swiftblades of 3rd level or higher can just re-cast their haste as a free action, and Swiftblades of 6th level or higher are immune to having it dispelled. Ring of Spell-Battle is probably better.

I forgot about that.

Still, you'll probably have other buffs/effects going, it's not a bad idea.

Xervous
2015-12-28, 05:00 PM
I forgot about that.

Still, you'll probably have other buffs/effects going, it's not a bad idea.

A Spellblade keyed to dispel magic is probably the better choice if you're worried about this sort of thing. Area dispels don't hurt that much and the Spellblade will be stopping every dispel thrown your way, all day.

DarkSonic1337
2015-12-29, 01:39 AM
How has nobody mentioned ring of evasion yet?

Like, I know it's not the most expensive or most important purchase, but it totally fits swiftblade flavor and frankly I find it appalling that swiftblade didn't get evasion on its own (to be fair what it gets are dodge abilities far superior to evasion, but it's a principle thing).

Also +1 to that ring of anticipation. It's cheap (so cheap in fact that I don't mind paying the upcharge to put the effect on another ring), it's effective, and it fits your class's flavor.

Gnorman
2015-12-29, 01:53 AM
Buy a Hand of Glory and wear two more rings

Nosta
2015-12-29, 02:05 AM
Buy a Hand of Glory and wear two more rings

but I though hand of glory allowed only 1 ring on it?

Gnorman
2015-12-29, 02:05 AM
It does, but you also have your other hand.

Nosta
2015-12-29, 09:13 AM
It does, but you also have your other hand.

so I finally chose my rings

ring1 wizardy II
ring2 freedom
ring3 using hand of glory ring of evasion