PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A D&D 3.5 help finding creatures with interesting/useful special abilitys

you randomly
2015-12-27, 08:06 PM
in the campaign im currently playing the DM has given my friend the ability to add body parts from other creatures to him self example he added an organ from a land shark that gave it tremorsense to his body giving him the ability tremorsense.

we are currently trying to think of other creatures that might be useful to harvest body parts off of to gain more special abilitys (subject to DM of course) any help would much appreciated.

ksbsnowowl
2015-12-27, 09:36 PM
Kython (BoVD) - Phase Organ.

Also, this will help you (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=6595.0) reach your goal.

MisterKaws
2015-12-27, 10:09 PM
This one is plain silly, but grafting part of a Protean on you would probably give you the ability to emulate any (Ex) ability that can be accessed by non-deities. However, as I said, this is 110% cheese, and would make anyone lactose intolerant.

Inevitability
2015-12-28, 08:57 AM
This one is plain silly, but grafting part of a Protean on you would probably give you the ability to emulate any (Ex) ability that can be accessed by non-deities. However, as I said, this is 110% cheese, and would make anyone lactose intolerant.

Problem 1: You first need to find a protean.
Problem 2: It's a protean. There isn't a lot you can bribe it with, and defeating it in combat is nearly impossible.

Doctor Despair
2015-12-28, 12:11 PM
Balhannoth's Dweomersight -- very strong perception ability that will only become more impossible to overcome as time goes on.

RamoTheFox
2015-12-28, 12:20 PM
I want to see how interesting this thread will get, There are probably countless monsters out there who get abilities granted from organs. Do wings count? pulling of the wings of a celestial and sticking them on sounds like a fun time.

you randomly
2015-12-28, 12:53 PM
thanks for the replies, the Balhannoth's Dweomersight seems really useful as well as the link for shapechange, any additional replies are still wecome :smallsmile:

PraxisVetli
2015-12-28, 08:14 PM
What part of a choker grants extra actions?
Legs or arms I would imagine?
Also, hydras. Just attach the severed neck to your back, then keep splitting it.
Enjoy your newfound ability to full attack as a standard action.
Should go well with the choker.

daremetoidareyo
2015-12-28, 09:35 PM
There is a dwarf that does something neat with crafting, but I forget the specifics.

There's the visilight from MM3: Charisma drainer!

And there is a truespeaking creature (probably from ToM), that can always make a truespeak check no matter what...

And never forget the disenchanter and the rust monster!

Bronk
2015-12-28, 09:46 PM
There is a dwarf that does something neat with crafting, but I forget the specifics.

That's the Midgard Dwarf from Frostburn, that has a "Master Smith" extraordinary ability to craft pretty much any item or magic item even if it doesn't otherwise meet the requirements or have the prerequisites to make it normally. Nice. Also has alternate form and a once per year curse...