PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's Afterlife

Khoran
2007-06-12, 04:40 PM
So, after looking at and posting in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47246) I began to wonder, where does everyone see the various character of OoTS going in the standard Grayhawk Cosmoligy. For those who have never became to familiar with it, this wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Plane) will give you the basics, and if you click on one of the realms, at the bottom of the article it has a small sort of lay out to it. I'm mainly only thinking about the PCs, but I may post where I think some of our villans are going.

Anyways, I havn't thought hard about all the characters, but here is what I think.

Roy: Roy is Lawful Good, but he's never struck me as the strictest of Lawful. He's enough so that I don't question that he's lawful, but enough so that I don't think he's the paragon of Lawful Good. So, for Roy, I'd say the Twin Paradice of Bytopia.

Elan: Elan is most definitly Chaotic Good and always a very nice guy who likes to enjoy life to the fullest, albiet in kinda stupid ways. Since Elan dosn't show too much of a reverence for nature, or a perticular love for fighting, I think this rules out the Beastlands and Yasgard, respectivly. That and Elans love to have fun, I could see him easily fitting in Arborea with all the Fey.

Haley: Haley is much like Elan, but a little less good and, I feel, more into fighting than Elan is (could just be poor perspective.) She also is very much a rogue, and enjoys it. So, for these reasons, I feel she'd feel more home in Ysgard, possibly in the Manor of Olidammara, which IIRC, is supposed to be a gigantic masqaraude ball throughout the entire area filled with traps and tricks. Though she could also potentially go to Arborea with Elan.

Belkar: Ah, Belkar, our lovable Chaotic Evil psycho. However, I think Belkar is mainly Chaotic and than Evil because it. I've always felt that he does evil not for the sake of evil, but instead because he enjoys it. If he didn't have the taste for murder that he does, I would even say he's Chaotic Neutral. So, I think he'd be at home in Pandemonium.

As for Durkon and Vaarsuvius, I am not to sure on them, but I'll just take a guess.
Durkon: Bytopia, since he seems similar to Roy in personality
Vaarsuvius: Outlands, because he's never really shown anything that makes me say "Yeah, he's [insert alignment]."

Lord_Butters_I
2007-06-12, 04:42 PM
Belkar may not be Lawful, but he loves killing. I would put him in Acheron, as there's nothing he would like more than senselessly killing anything that moves and resuming it again every morning without end.

Ganurath
2007-06-12, 05:03 PM
Roy: Lately Roy has struck me as more NG than LG, so he'd fit better in Elysium.
Durkon: Dwarf god in Celestia, therefore Durkon goes there when he returns to the dwarf lands.
Elan: Arborea, unless he can perform in some rogueish deity's court in Ysgard.
Haley: See Elan, although she'd be backstage.
V: My first guess goes toward the Outlands, although given its recent behavior I wouldn't be surprised if whichever of the Nine Archdevils most associated with arcane magic got a hold of it.
Belkar: The Abyss, or Pandemonium if he can kill things.

Nale: Acheron. Nuff said.
Sabine: She's an outsider.
Thog: He'll go to the Beastlands and become attached to a puppy.

Xykon: The Abyss.
Redcloak: Acheron, leading the spirits of passed goblinoids to glorious battle and be reunited with his loved ones he lost to the SG crusades.
MitD: Assuming it isn't an outsider, Limbo.
Tsukiko: Necromanteion, in Carceri. She loves undead, after all.

Miko: Ysgard. It's where she'll be happiest, I think.
Shojo: See Elan and Haley, although he'd be in the audience.

Firestar27
2007-06-12, 05:27 PM
MitD: Assuming it isn't an outsider, Limbo.
And assuming it isn't a construct, elemental, or a variety of other things that can't be ressurected and don't have a soul. (Not having a soul isn't just an assumption based on the no ressurection. I'm pretty sure the MM said that elementals ((or maybe that was outsiders)) become part of their plane and don't have an afterlife.)

LordVader
2007-06-12, 08:59 PM
Too bad for Belkar he can't go to the plane (Ysgard, I think?) where you get a true resurrection every morning.
:belkar: Ah, another beautiful day of random slaughter!

Enlong
2007-06-12, 09:08 PM
Durkon could go to Ysgard, because that's where Thor and his pantheon hang out.

Nale would be either in Gehenna or Baator, depending on whether you consider his plans to be evil schemes or diabolical plots.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2007-06-12, 09:48 PM
:roy:: Celestia, or possibly Bytopia
:elan:: Arborea, no question
:haley:: Arborea, with Elan
:durkon:: Celestia, or even Arcadia. Of course, given his diety, Ysgard (or, rather, Asgard)
:vaarsuvius:: Outlands, or even Mechanus.
:belkar:: Some war-torn layer of the Abyss, or POSSIBLY Pandemonium. I agree he'd love Ysgard, though.

:miko: presents an interesting challenge. Pre-fall, I would have said Celestia (she'd make a great hound archon). Now, I'm not sure. How forgiving would they be? Mechanus could also work, but they'd likely be even more strict, and killing Shojo was definately chaotic. Elysium would teach her the most, and she'd find the most peace there (eventually -- she'd hate it at first). Assuming that Fallen = Upper planes won't take you, she'd likely wind up in Acheron -- That'd suck for her, though. Even more violence would just drive her even more insane.

Shojo: Arborea, smoking cigars rolled from poorly-worded legal documents.

nybbler
2007-06-12, 11:12 PM
Belkar: the Green Hills on Celestia, due to a clerical error ("Well he's a halfling, right?"). The results of this could fill a whole new comic.

Miko: Celestia, in a place other than the home of the paladins. And she doesn't enjoy it, perhaps because the cities are the wrong color. She plays a major role in the Belkar Cataclysm (which she DOES enjoy).

Haley: You can't pin Haley down. She spends most of her time in Arborea with Elan, but manages to visit Durkon in Ysgard and likely manages to get involved in the Belkar Cataclysm as well.

Roy: Celestia, in a place accessible to Miko. As the strip's born loser, even his heaven is hell. Also plays a major role in the Belkar Cataclysm. Alternately, starts out in Bytopia where his father nags him to afterdeath, then on to Celestia during the Cataclysm.

Nale: Wherever Sabine comes from.

V: Obtains ultimate arcane power. "Afterlife" no longer a meaningful term in Vs case.