PDA

View Full Version : Building Goro

Zephyrz
2015-12-28, 05:40 PM
I was trying to come up with a way to build Goro from Mortal Kombat. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/build paths they would be willing to share on here. I would like for him to be an unarmed attacker and grappler for this build. I'm hoping for a humanoid with extra arms or a four armed race that looks like a humanoid. Any suggestions are appreciated and helpful. Thank you to all who reply.

Know(Nothing)
2015-12-28, 07:39 PM
Are you a DM or a player?

Goro would probably just be a Goliath with permanent Girallon's Blessing and levels in monk or fighter. If you wanted to get trickier, use the stats of a Girallon and just reflavor him as Goro and add some class levels.

Âmesang
2015-12-28, 07:55 PM
Years ago I made an attempt at statting out Goro… along with Gouki/Akuma, Geese Howard, Dural, Devil Jin, Siegfried Schtauffen, Mewtwo, Sephiroth, and Amidamaru from Shaman King (whom I did not make a ghost for some reason), all at 30th-level because of some silly Colosseum gladiatorial… thing. I don't remember, and in several cases it was mostly just a "make up powers/abilities that make sense" situation 'cause not every character can be perfectly translated into D&D's monster/class/spell system, after all.

Maybe it'll help?

https://www.schadenfreudestudios.com/dnd/nonogl/nonogl_npcs_cameo.htm

I also made an attempt at statting out a number of Middle-earth characters and creatures, not at epic-level mind you, but… actually, you know, it's probably best to ignore this post altogether. :smalleek: Especially my attempt at the "Lord of the Locusts" from Bone.

Zephyrz
2015-12-29, 08:19 AM
I would be the dm for this (though it would be fun to try as a player). I have the ability to work freely with this so abilities outside of the books are alright if they are balanced. Thank you for the input so far.

Azoth
2015-12-29, 10:11 AM
Obah Blessed template on a Goliath would be +3 LA total to get 4 arms, powerful build, multi weapon fighting, some nice bonuses to physical stats and seems a good base to work with. Despite not really fitting the fluff of it all. Goro being a Shokan and Shokans being half human and half dragon creatures.

From here it really depends on which incarnation of Goro you are looking to build. He has various move sets and combat styles throughout the Mortal Combat franchise. Is he fighting unarmed, or using the Dragon Fangs? Do you see him using any of his fireball/flame breath moves?

Zephyrz
2015-12-29, 11:31 AM
I would like to use his fireball/breath attack and kind of a grapple/unarmed or fist weapon build. I can reskin the fluff of it to match the character if needed. I would also like to use his stomp a bit if possible.

Waazraath
2015-12-29, 03:37 PM
I would like to use his fireball/breath attack and kind of a grapple/unarmed or fist weapon build. I can reskin the fluff of it to match the character if needed. I would also like to use his stomp a bit if possible.

I´d check out magic of incarnum, totemist class, I´m surprised nobody suggested it yet.
- four arms: check (girallon arms soulmeld)
- grapple: check (girralon arms soulmeld, totem avatar soulmeld)
- unarmed attack: check (either a soulmeld that gives a claws, or shape soulmeld with mauling gaunlets)
- ranged attack: check, with reflavour (shape soulmeld feat with dissolving spittle).

A race that's powerfull build (half giant, that also gives stomp, or goliath, or human with jotenbrud feat). The half giant actually combines with the feats (greater) psionic shot on dissolving spittle.

Blackhawk748
2015-12-29, 03:46 PM
A Half Red Dragon Non Psion Thri Kreen could work well as the base (since your the DM and dont give a rats rear end about LA :smalltongue:). This nets you Large size, claw attacks (thankfully Goro usually attacks with open hands so this shouldnt be an issue) a Breath Weapon (usable multiple times with a feat), and 4 arms. Slap on Totemist for his class and he is golden.