PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends style arena battle

The Insanity
2015-12-28, 06:50 PM
Could that type of arena battle be potentially fun to play? Or is it just too video-gamey to work for an RPG session?
Note: I don't necessarily mean a plotless, RPless arena hack'n'slash. If you think a plot accompanying the game's premise would make it more enjoyable, please present your case.

Sapreaver
2015-12-28, 07:05 PM
well it could work, but part of it is that you can only use 4 spells than a passive
and items would be weird to do as well.

Plotwise the Rift was created to prevent the constant wars as a way of individual countries to get their demands met so that could fit in a dnd session fairly easily

The Insanity
2015-12-28, 08:15 PM
well it could work, but part of it is that you can only use 4 spells than a passive
and items would be weird to do as well.
Uhh, that's not what I meant by "video-gamey". You would be able to use all your character's abilities, just like in a normal game. What I mean is that unusual arena combat on a huge map, with minions and towers, where you technically have a team, but are in a 1v1 most of the 1st part of the match.

Plotwise the Rift was created to prevent the constant wars as a way of individual countries to get their demands met so that could fit in a dnd session fairly easily
I don't think I would use the LoLs setting for this. I'd most probably come up with my own fluff for this.