PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Without Borders

danelsan
2015-12-28, 10:44 PM
An interesting superhero webcomic about a heroine dealing with a mystery behind the incident that caused her a serious wound. At time of this post, there are 17 pages, plus blog entries expanding on the setting and characters (with character sheets for Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition).

I don't wanna spoil anything, so give it a chance and go read! The artwork is very good too, by the way.

First page here (http://mozaikcomics.com/HeroesWithoutBorders/blog/comic/coming-soon-4/)

wobner
2016-01-02, 05:14 AM
interesting so far. I too like the artwork, very nice. Not alot revealed yet to discuss, but intriguing premise

only 2 real(minor) complaints, and only one about the actual comic.

First, that snowfall gimmic on the page is leaving artifacts all over my browser, that i have to refresh to get rid of, though they don't keep me from actually seeing the comic, they do get distracting sometimes, and its generally annoying. I'm not sure i see a point in them, it looks like snow to me, but what does that have to do with the story so far even? is there something i'm missing?

but second, several things have been glossed over, even in so few pages
spoilered

While it is more a mystery than a action comic, i expected a little more on her rescueing the doctor from the mob. instead its just kinda, poof, free, especially since she doesn't get her legs back till after she rescues him, so it was an escape at a disadvantage, which could make for an interesting tale. I get glossing over addiction, its enough to state it to show how far she is willing to go, and even finding the doctor in question might be trite, but the escape seems like a bit of a wasted oppertunity to show her in action now, especially since we jump to her in action before, so it could have started to show who she was and how her mindset has changed, since she is likely to change again, now that she has recovered

And atleast as far as the comic has gone now, she seems far too eager to just accept her friends/partners have turned on her. A little insight into her take on the situation would be nice. not a wall of text, but a little bit more than we got, especially since, 4 on 1 means run, especially since if you accept something turned them, my first fear would be what if that same thing turns me.

enjoyable though. bookmarked

Kantaki
2016-01-09, 04:08 PM
Interesting start. Lets see where this goes.

So far the setting kind of reminds of Worm. I just hope the world doesn't turn out as messed up as there.

The main character's power is interesting. Chains that can be extended and used as limbs. so many questions about that.

Well, I assumed we didn't see more of the escape because nothing noteable happened so far. I'm pretty sure there will be enough trouble soon enough.

Jepp, This "Torn out at the root" thingy repeated over and over practically screams "a cape with. Master-classification is behind this". This can't end well.

TheEmerged
2016-01-14, 04:48 PM
Okay, you have my attention now :smallsmile:

Hopeless
2016-01-17, 04:42 PM
Interesting premise, i assume the next issue is out later this week?

Kantaki
2016-01-19, 04:25 PM
New comic.

The fun is about to begin. Lets hope Chainspider and the Doc get out all right.

The Stormchasers interview is interesting as well. Nice worldbuilding. The bit about the villain encounter was really chilling. I mean all I know about this guy is what we got from this post and the one about clairvoyants and he already is on a similar level to the S9 on the freaks-me-out-scale. I dread the day he appears in comic.

Ibrinar
2016-01-21, 05:12 PM
Seems interesting.

Kantaki
2016-02-24, 07:38 PM
New comic

Well, I guess the fight is over. Interesting the Doc can undo his healing. Worse, there doesn't seem to be time-limit on how long ago the healing was. Could be a problem. I can understand why Chainspider doesn't like this revelation. Now I'm curious what kind of hero she will turn out to be. The kind who murders a innocent-ish man to eliminate a potential threat or the kind who actually is a hero.

Bobblit
2016-03-01, 04:49 PM
Hey, I like it. The art is very good too. At first I had some trouble understanding what was going on, but it becomes easier to follow soon.

Kantaki
2016-03-09, 05:26 PM
New comic

So this is guy our Doc was working for.
Narcist...
I really don't want to know the deal with those doppelgangers.:smalleek:

I mean I have read Worm -several times-, I have read Markus Heitz’ dark elves-novels, I'm reading Twig right now, but somehow this guy and his harem of lookalikes disturbed be more than (or at least as much as) most of the stuff that happens in those. That might change if we get more information, but considering that might make it worse I kind of don't want more information.