PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Travel Domain [PEACH]

Feddlefew
2015-12-29, 11:34 AM
I took a crack at the Travel Domain. I'm not satisfied with the 6th and 17th level abilities, and I haven't decided on another 5th level spell. Follow in my Footsteps seems too strong, and the first part of Walk the Hidden path feels too week for that late in the game.

Travel Domain

(Flavor Text Goes Here)

Travel Domain Spells

1st- Feather Fall, Expeditious retreat
3rd- Misty Step, Spider Climb
5th- Fly, Water Walk
7th- Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement
9th- Passwall, (???)

Blessing of the Traveler
At 1rst level your base movement speed is permanently increased by 10 feet.

Bonus Proficiency
Also at 1rst level you gain proficiency in Survival, if you did not already have it.

Channel Divinity: Implacable Stride
Starting at the 2nd level, you can use you channel divinity to give yourself the effects of Freedom of Movement for a total number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Rounds do not need to be spent consecutively. All unspent rounds of your Implacable Stride are lost during your next short or long rest.

(Alternative: rounds of Implacable stride are equal to Cleric level plus wisdom modifier.)

Follow in My Footsteps
Starting at 6th level, when you have Implacable Stride, you may divide the remaining number of rounds between yourself and any number of willing creatures within 30ft of you as a bonus action.

As long as as a creature has at least one round of Implacable Stride remaining, their movement speed is increased by 10 feet.

As long as you and another creature has at least (two/three) rounds of Implacable Stride remaining, you can choose to share the effects of movement-affecting spells cast on you with a duration of longer than instantaneous with that creature. A creature may make independent saves on their turn against hostile effects, but if they succeed it doesn't remove the effect from you.

You may end the effects of Follow in My Footsteps as a bonus action, but will not regain unspent rounds of Implacable Stride.

Potent Spell Casting
Starting at 8th level, add your wisdom modifier to the damage dealt by any cleric cantrip.

Walk The Hidden Path
Starting at 17th level, you and any creature under the effect of your Implacable Stride may choose to step into the astral plane at the end of their turn, spending 1 round of Implacable Stride and reappearing up to their movement speed away at the start of their next turn.

While under the effects of Implacable Stride, you may also choose a teleportation circle which you know the address of or major landmark on another plane, ending the effects of your Implacable Stride and causing you and any creatures that were under its effects to begin a mystical journey. After 1d4 hours of travel on your current plane, you and any creatures with you will arrive at your destination as if you had walked there, even if this would be impossible. You may change the destination or terminate the journey at any time before its completion.

Amnoriath
2015-12-29, 01:38 PM
I took a crack at the Travel Domain. I'm not satisfied with the 6th and 17th level abilities, and I haven't decided on another 5th level spell. Follow in my Footsteps seems too strong, and the first part of Walk the Hidden path feels too week for that late in the game.

Travel Domain

(Flavor Text Goes Here)

Travel Domain Spells

1st- Feather Fall, Expeditious retreat
3rd- Misty Step, Spider Climb
5th- Fly, Water Walk
7th- Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement
9th- Passwall, (???)

Blessing of the Traveler
At 1rst level your base movement speed is permanently increased by 10 feet.

Bonus Proficiency
Also at 1rst level you gain proficiency in Survival, if you did not already have it.

Channel Divinity: Implacable Stride
Starting at the 2nd level, you can use you channel divinity to give yourself the effects of Freedom of Movement for a total number of rounds equal to your cleric level. Rounds do not need to be spent consecutively. All unspent rounds of your Implacable Stride are lost during your next short or long rest.

(Alternative: rounds of Implacable stride are equal to Cleric level plus wisdom modifier.)

Follow in My Footsteps
Starting at 6th level, when you have Implacable Stride, you may divide the remaining number of rounds between yourself and any number of willing creatures within 30ft of you as a bonus action.

As long as as a creature has at least one round of Implacable Stride remaining, their movement speed is increased by 10 feet.

As long as you and another creature has at least (two/three) rounds of Implacable Stride remaining, you can choose to share the effects of movement-affecting spells cast on you with a duration of longer than instantaneous with that creature. A creature may make independent saves on their turn against hostile effects, but if they succeed it doesn't remove the effect from you.

You may end the effects of Follow in My Footsteps as a bonus action, but will not regain unspent rounds of Implacable Stride.

Potent Spell Casting
Starting at 8th level, add your wisdom modifier to the damage dealt by any cleric cantrip.

Walk The Hidden Path
Starting at 17th level, you and any creature under the effect of your Implacable Stride may choose to step into the astral plane at the end of their turn, spending 1 round of Implacable Stride and reappearing up to their movement speed away at the start of their next turn.

While under the effects of Implacable Stride, you may also choose a teleportation circle which you know the address of or major landmark on another plane, ending the effects of your Implacable Stride and causing you and any creatures that were under its effects to begin a mystical journey. After 1d4 hours of travel on your current plane, you and any creatures with you will arrive at your destination as if you had walked there, even if this would be impossible. You may change the destination or terminate the journey at any time before its completion.
1. It is strong because Implacable Stride in and of itself is insanely strong. Not only are you giving a 4th level spell 7 level's earlier but you are allowing them to break it up in the most finite way through out the day as well as multiple times per day. Clerics get 3 Channel Divinities per short rest you basically gave the ability to always have Freedom of Movement in the higher levels. This means your level 20 Cleric has 60 rounds to spend between rests.
2. You gave a better unique 5th level Barbarian feature as a level 1 feature.
3. Also because your base feature is so strong your final feature is basically an automatic escape against any non-planar creature or effect at the end of your turn in which as I said he will always have on when he needs it. All in all this sub-class is the quintessential definition of untouchable
4. You could have Teleportation Circle as your other 5th level domain spell.

CantigThimble
2015-12-29, 02:26 PM
Another idea for the level 1 feature might be a weaker version of cunning action. Let them spend their bonus action to give enemies on disadvantage on opportunity attacks and/or gain 15ft of movement. Clerics often to need to be on the frontlines for many parties, at least sometimes, so something to avoid opportunity attacks seems much more useful than more movement. Monks and Barbarians need the speed to reach enemies but potent cantrip clerics would rather only be on the frontlines when they must and stay back other times.