PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 God Wizard

Triskavanski
2015-12-29, 02:05 PM
Okay, he might not be -the- god wizard build if there is one out there. The idea of the character was to be able to cast almost every spell in the game.

Epic level build
Wizard 3/ Archivist 3/ Geomancer 10/ Mystic Theuge X..

One thing I realized is that the Geomancer of course sucks. Its absolutely terrible class, except for when you get into Epic levels as its main negative goes away once you can start taking MT levels past 10.

The main negative is that the Geomancer only progresses one class's casting ability. Which honestly is only important for spells per day and spells known/knowable. Once you get to 20/20 of both casting classes they don't have anything more really to give in that regard.

The main advantage however is that you can use one classes abilities to replace anothers. So if you went with the focus of Wizard you can use the Wizard's caster level in place of the Archivist. So You can cast both divine and arcane spells at full caster level, while in armor, constantly seeking out methods to perfect the spell.

Mind you again, this is only good if you can get to epic levels, as one class will always be far behind the other.

I'm thinking of eventually playing a god wizard for a game, but there are certain things I need to figure out first.

1) How to acquire spells - The bad thing with PrCs is that spellbook casters don't get the spells known like a nonspellbook guys. Pathfinder has something where I can drink bad people's blood to get new spells. Does 3.5 have anything similar?

2) Which side should I advance? Divine or Arcane? Which one has the better PRCs that give cool stuff to casting? I do plan on taking spell mastery and uncanny forethought so I can get some spontaneous casting slots.

Endarire
2015-12-30, 12:08 AM
A spell-to-power Erudite seems like a better way to learn an arbitrary number of spells (and manifest them as powers). Perhaps dip Thrallherd for minions and you seem set!

If you simply want to play a Wizard, play a Wizard! You don't need to be able to cast every spell - just the most useful ones!

Archivist is generally better for the 'learn and cast every (useful) spell' bit - if your GM allows you to reliably get loads of new spells useful to you!

nintendoh
2015-12-30, 02:22 AM
Well have you really looked at the artificer. A high level artificer can make items to do that. All the items. Gestalt is not an option i ticket. You could wizard x / cloistered cleric x/ ur priest blah / MT and hope it works.

Triskavanski
2015-12-30, 09:19 AM
Artificer can make all the items, but it can't do all the spells. And I'm never really allowed to play Psionics, and the GM who runs the 3.5 campaign doesn't allow a lot of Ebberon material.

The big reason I call this guy the "God Wizard" is because his goal is to make a demiplane and a few races of people and get them to worship him.