PDA

View Full Version : Anime Name

Thrawn183
2007-06-12, 05:55 PM
Ok, for almost a year now I have been trying to remember the name of an anime that I watched a few episodes of, but I am giving up and asking for help here.

It revolved around a young boy and a girl. The girl would hit the guy in the head and a guitar would pop out.

There was some kind of conspiracy with aliens and a giant iron, trying to iron out the wrinkles in people's brains.

Anyway, I'd like to watch it again, but nobody I know recognizes it (which is surprising, considering these are the people who got me into D&D) and I need YOUR help!

Oh, and there was a tiny clip from it in AMV hell 3 if that helps. Including the part where the guitar pops out of the kids head.

Hunter Noventa
2007-06-12, 05:57 PM
That would be Fooly Cooly (or Furi Kuri, if you prefer the other pronounciation), or FLCL. There are only 6 episodes.

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-12, 05:58 PM
From my rather limited knowlegde of animie, I would say that that describes Fooley Cooley. The Guitar was the real clue.

Thrawn183
2007-06-12, 06:12 PM
Yup, that was definitely it. Man, you guys got me an answer in minutes!

I'm really impressed. And thanks!

FdL
2007-06-12, 07:43 PM
Actually, it's a bass guitar. That makes it cooler IMHO (and harder to hit for sure).

It wasn't so hard to figure, the description was pretty accurate and there's not a lot of anime like that.

bluish_wolf
2007-06-12, 07:52 PM
Actually, she would hit him with a guitar and robots would pop out.

(though there was one point when she pulled a guitar out of his head, I don't think there was any hitting involved in that)

FdL
2007-06-12, 08:49 PM
Actually, she would hit him with a guitar and robots would pop out.

(though there was one point when she pulled a guitar out of his head, I don't think there was any hitting involved in that)

Awwww, don't spoil me! I wanted to see that one coming as a logical development of the plot!
(just kidding ^^)

Thrawn183
2007-06-12, 10:21 PM
Its anime like this that made me read the ToB: too anime thread on the wizards forum and go, "Hunh?" Then again, considering that it is pretty rediculously out there... I'm not surprised many haven't watched it.

Actually, would you consider this to be the strangest anime you've ever seen? At least in the sense of weird powers to have: my powers come from getting hit in the head. In fact, I've gotten hit in the head so many times that i'm "special."

Also, I'd like to officially open this thread to any and all who would like to describe an anime and figure out what it is.

I'll get things going with another one (movie not series): A girl who's sucked into a strange spirit world, befriends a dragon, and a Ginormous baby turned into a fly thingy, and works like a maid to rescue her parents who have been turned into pigs. Totally the most random movie I have ever watched. Have no idea what its name is. Could quite conceivably be called, "Randomy random McRandomrandomness"

Only as I read this post do I realize what kind of anime's I have watched and wonder whether or not its a bad thing.

Ravyn
2007-06-13, 01:02 AM
Too easy!

Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away--I forget what the original Japanese title was.

Aston
2007-06-13, 06:36 AM
Actually, would you consider this to be the strangest anime you've ever seen?

Ever seen Dead Leaves? FLCL on acid, with Tank Girl and your eyeballs in a blender.

Was fun. :smallbiggrin:

Same company, and you can see Dead Leaves in FLCL. (I watched Dead Leaves first)

Dispozition
2007-06-13, 06:43 AM
Strangest anime I've seen? Either FLCL or Mahou Sensei Negima (yeah, not that strange). Spirited away isn't that strange. Techincally Porco Rosso (I think that's it) is stranger. A war veteran pig trying to win the heart of a lady...wtf?

And yeah, FLCL is the anime the OP was about.

bluish_wolf
2007-06-13, 02:28 PM
Rule 1 of forums: Take credit for other's work.

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=animelist&genid=25

Lycurgus
2007-06-14, 05:16 AM
The one you guys have been wondering about on here were both Cartoon Network staples. You guys should check out a site like rightstuf.com and just kinda hunt around. Some of the specials on there are insanely cheap. :smallbiggrin:

Earthstar_Fungus
2007-06-14, 01:30 PM
Here's one that I've been trying to figure out. I saw it on Cartoon Network maybe 5-7 years ago in the afternoon. One episode had a girl with a bunny tail and a magical cube. She was walking in a giant mansion room and somehow got trapped in the reflection in the floor. In the same episode, a dead guy surrounded by roses is brought back to life by a mysterious female voice. In another episode of what may or may not be the same anime, a girl walks through a mirror and plays with someone. She brings someone else into the mirror world and they get attacked. I can't remember what happens during the battle but in the end, the store disappears in front of the girl who is saved. :smallconfused:

Lycurgus
2007-06-17, 10:14 AM
Not Sailor Moon was it? Maybe one of the Tenchi series?