PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Tabletop

Alphasez
2015-12-29, 04:42 PM
I was just curious if anyone has experience with the Virtual Tabletop app.

My group is going to try it out at the next meeting, and I was trying to get a concensus from experienced users.

Also, can you use it remotely? i.e., can someone in another state "log in" to view the board?

Thanks.

DarkSoul
2015-12-29, 07:18 PM
Which one, specifically? Have a link? Personally, I'm DMing and playing on roll20.net.

Eldonauran
2015-12-29, 07:35 PM
If you mean the 3D Virtual Tabletop app available for the iOS software (iPad mostly), I actively use it during sessions. It takes a bit of pregame set up to get all the maps and monsters loaded (if you use custom items), but overall worth it.

I am not familiar with it being useful for remote viewing. Normally, you just mirror to a computer monitor or TV screen.

Alphasez
2015-12-29, 08:29 PM
If you mean the 3D Virtual Tabletop app available for the iOS software (iPad mostly), I actively use it during sessions. It takes a bit of pregame set up to get all the maps and monsters loaded (if you use custom items), but overall worth it.

Yes, that. So a little bit of set up, and the rest of the game (combat) runs quick and smoothly eh? Great. We're going to try a trial run, and see if we can get a remote player involved with us.

I will check out the other site too, and see what that's all about. Thanks!